Three : Youngjae

Switch

 

The pair of black orbs staring at him intensely and Daehyun couldn’t helped being extra concious of himself.  What? Did I have something in my face? Did I make strange gesture? Did I wear something wrong?

“Ara... already receiving the warm welcome don’t you?”

Daehyun stared at Himchan, puzzled. When he looked back at the owner of the said eyes, the boy had already averting his gaze, now unenthusiastically staring at the blue sky from his desk.

“He’s the school prince,” Himchan explained. “He is majoring in art, his drawing is da bomb! Moreover he’s also good in almost everything else. He’s good looking, and he has this certain quality that makes girls swoon over him...”

“What?” Arrogance?

“His cold, mysterious, and diva-ish personality...”

Close. Daehyun thought.

“And I don’t know, but by the look of it he may already disliking the hot newcomer...”

Daehyun shook his head in disbelief. He didn’t care about this popularity thing and he hoped Himchan wouldn’t create some strange rumor about him. Daehyun already sensing the gossipy aura emerging from the elder.

“Nah, let him be.” He shrugged his shoulder nonchalantly. “Just take me to my class, hyung...”

“Well, that’s your class...”

“Eh?”

“You’re in the same class as the school ice prince: Youngjae”

Daehyun sighed as he take another look at the boy. There’s something about him. No, don’t you dare to imagine silly stuff like love at the first sight; He wasn’t into boys, and on top of that, he was against arrogant people.

It was resemblance...he reminded him of someone.

The funny thing is, he wasn’t sure who it was.

***

 

When the teacher introduced him in front of the class, Daehyun suddenly felt nervous. He just couldn’t handle the stares that his new classmates gave him. It felt like they actually wanted to strip him off with those gaze, swallowing his little existence. Not to mention the constant whispers here and there.

He dusted his damp palm with the back of his pants, and muster his courage. His mother always said that the first impression is very important. He needed to pull himself together now, or the rest of the class will think of him as a loser and bully him for the rest of the year.

Well, he exaggerated a little there.

He took a deep breath and scanned the room. “Hello, I’m Jung Daehyun.”

Oops. His satoori.

Damn it!

But he wouldn’t let it stop him. I need a good impression. With that thought in mind he then gave the whole class one of his widest smile, and Daehyun swear he could heard some people gasped at the sight.

***

 

The rest of the day went fairly well. His classmates were totally nice. The boys were cool to hang out with and the girls weren’t as clingy as he imagined them would be. They treated him normally, despite Himchan’s foretold. He got along with, well, most of them. Because a few people just seemed uninterested to sozialize with him, and one of them is the Youngjae kid.

Not that he actually mind it.

But he also wondered whether the kid was actually hated him or what. Because when he finally said something to him, it was far from being compassionate.

It was lunch break. Some guys from his class had asked him to tag along to the cafetaria, and he realized that he had forgotten his wallet half way there. He came back and found Youngjae all alone in the class. He was finally attained his wallet and was about to put his bag to the ground when a hand suddenly grabbed his wrist and yanked it to his desk. Still bewildered, he saw that it was Youngjae. He stared at him coldly and muttered a quiet, “What an ungrateful kid” before nonchalantly walked out the door.

Daehyun didn’t really have the time to actually got mad, or even understand the situation he was in. That Youngjae guy was strange, that’s what Daehyun had concluded.

 

“See you tomorrow, Daehyun!”

He woke up from his trance and waved his classmates goodbye. It was already late. He had taken some extra time to check on the school’s extracurricular activities with his friends, and the school’s band sounded really fun.

When he finally outside, Mrs. Yoo had waited for him. Apparently, the school wasn’t really that far from his new house. But Mrs. Yoo had insisted on picking him up because it was his first day.

“So, how’s school today?” The kind lady inquired as he get in to the car. Her smile was just as bright as it was this morning.

“It’s really enjoyable, I met a lot of new friends.”

“Wow, you’re soo good at socializing then. It’s great!” She beamed at him and Daehyun only nodded shyly. “Do you happen to meet my eccentric son?”

“Your son? He goes there?” Wow, it was surprising that she hadn’t told it earlier.

“Yeah, he’s in your grade. But I don’t think it’s good to actually associate yourself with him in your first day. He’s rather peculiar.... That kid.... I wonder if he even had a friend. Hahahahhaha”

Daehyun didn’t know what was more bemusing; the fact that Mrs. Yoo’s son is a strange, eccentric, supposed-to-be-all-alone kid, or the fact that Mrs. Yoo had just laughed it off as if it’s nothing. “What’s so strange about him?”

She scrunched her face, thinking hard. “Everything! I think it’s just everything! His obsession with a group –I don’t remember the name. The way he dressed and talk.... The way he laughed like a maniac while shutting himself in his room. I can’t describe it. You’ll see it yourself, and I bet you can just feel the weirdness oozing from his body!”

She looked at Daehyun at the end of her heated monologue, and sighed. “Hahh... how I wish my own kid is just as normal as you....”

Daehyun just flashed a reassuring grin at her. “He wouldn’t be that bad!”

“Nah, you just hadn’t met him.”

Well, little did they know.

***

 

The house wasn’t so big, but it’s clean and homey. Daehyun liked it instantly. He wasn’t really sure how, but it reminded him of his own home.

“Sorry that it wasn’t as big as yours. Come on! Your room is in the second floor”

She led him to the room just next to the stairs. His belonging has been put nicely. The room itself was quite big. The wall was white and the wooden furniture gave a nice, soothing feeling. “I liked it.” He sincerely said.

“I’m glad... well, the only thing that might bother you is the one next door.”

As if on cue, the blaring hip-hop music can be heard next door. Daehyun chuckled as Mrs. Yoo grimaced. It was sure loud. As if it wasn’t enough, the occupant of the room had chosen to sing along to the song –or to be exact, shouting along to it. Wow, the kid had soo much energy in store.

“That kid...” Mrs. Yoo gave him a sorry look before storming off the room. Daehyun followed her curiously. She’s now standing at her son’s door, banging it with all her might.

“YOO YOUNGJAE! OPEN IT!”

Wait, Youngjae?

It’s impossible.

“YAH! IF YOU DON’T OPEN IT THEN I’LL ING KICK IT!”

Did she just cursed? Wow.

“YOUNGJAE!!”

“YOOO YOUNGJAAAE!!”

“AHHH! WHAT IS IT, UMMAA!!”

A black-haired boy, with his bang tied to an apple hairstyle and big spectacle burst out the room. Soon, they were enganged in a loud quarrel that Daenyun couldn’t even comprehend.

“HOW DARE YOU DO IT WHEN I SAID WE HAD SOMEONE STAYING WITH US FROM NOW!”

“I DON’T CARE, UMMA! WHO’S THE GUY ANYWAY!?”

Feeling somewhat guilty because in a way he had ignited the fight. Daehyun came closer and held out his hand. “I’m Daehyun. I’m sorry, and nice to meet you.”

“YAH! WHO DO Y—“

The shouting boy froze as he turned his head, finally paying his full attention to Daehyun.

His jaw dropped as their eyes met for the third time toda and Daehyun growled inwadly.

No way.

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lalalalala~ finally updating....

Sigh.... I should update kidnapping plan after this...

Urgh, me and my problem with commitment >___<

Well, enjoy! I hoped you like it! And comments are alwaaaays appreciated ^^