Fifteen: Baby-Z

Switch

Sorry for not updating for some times, life been a b***h >___<
And I'm sorry if this chapter was kind of boring... I don't know but no matter how much I changed it, something still wrong  ;______;

Enjoy!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The group looked like a mismatched pairs of puzzle, and Daehyun felt like he was leading a very dangerous corporate meeting— in a fastfood restaurant.

He eyed the burger in his hand, and for the first time in forever, Jung Daehyun lost his appetite. Wow.

“So...” He cleared his throat, trying to ignore the judging look the youngest gave him. He had somehow convinced Youngjae to come despite the black-haired boy reluctance. Youngjae, of course, dreaded the possibility that someone else knows about his problem. But the beans have been spilled, so he really didn’t have much choice. This better be good. Daehyun could practically hear his voice ringing in his ears. “I think the hyungs should know first, that Youngjae is receiving some very... disturbing messages lately.”

Himchan, who holds a very important clue in this case, but also has the biggest ulterior motive a human coud actually have, raised an eyebrow. Yongguk, on the other hand— who came along just because Himchan is involved— looked truly concerned. “Disturbing? Is he being threatened by someone?” He said.

Daehyun glanced at Youngjae, who at this point already couldn’t care less, and nodded. “Yes. And, the thing is... the candid photos used in those messages—letters, are from the same person who Himchan hyung got all of his photos of us...”

“Us?” Youngjae finally spoke. Daehyun almost forgetting the fact that the younger hadn’t seen Himchan’s ‘collections’.

“Us, like in... you and me, Youngjae-ah...”

Himchan’s expression was priceless as Youngjae stared at him questioningly. He tried to get the help from Yongguk, but the eldest suddenly gets very interested in his milkshake for no apparent reason.

“Euhm... well...” Himchan opened his laptop and just gave it to Youngjae. The younger’s eyes widened as he scanned the screen, and his cheeks heated up even soo slightly. He gave the laptop back hastily, contemplating between asking or just pretending like it never existed.

“SO, let’s get back to the problem here...” Daehyun said, trying his best to ignore the awkward air. “I think the one who took those photos is the same person because of the watermark, so if Himchan-hyung could tell us about who she is, we can ask her. Maybe she’s the one doing this or at least she should have known who.”

“But I never met her in person....”

“Never?” Youngjae asked.

“Never. In the forum everyone are anonymous, you never knew who they are. Baby-Z is not an exception. We buy the photos through online payment all the time... or really, you could get all the photos for free if the buyer uploaded it to the forum...”

Daehyun wanted to ask about half the things the older is saying. Forum? Buyer? Upload? The hell was that.

“Can I see the photos? I mean, I can try to see whether it’s the commoner’s goods or a really valuable item...” Commoner’s goods? Valuable items? If things become clear, he have many things to ask his hyung.

Youngjae gave Himchan the sleek material, and Daehyun cringed inwardly. He had gotten another one today. As Himchan and Yongguk intensely stared at the laptop screen, Daehyun found Youngjae’s hand and gave him a light pat. He didn’t know why, but he felt like it was necessary. And the small smile appearing in the younger’s face was more than enough to convince him that everything is okay.

“Earth to the lovebirds, earth to the lovebirds!”

Daehyun quickly moved his hand and he was sure he’s red as tomato when Himchan eyed them suspiciously, a glint of amusement in his eyes. “Good news my dear, this is a valuable item... The photo wasn’t on the forum.”

“And... that means?”

“Duh! That means we could track down the one who owns it. The problem is how we could get to meet Baby-Z...”

“Can we tell her the problem?” Daehyun suggested.

“What if she’s the culprit? Then she’ll know and we can’t catch her....” Youngjae rationally explained. “Can you ask her to meet you, hyung? No one can resist being asked by YOU.”

Daehyun unconciously scoffed. He didn’t like how it sounds. Really, no one should add anything else into Himchan’s already big of a head.

Himchan ignored him, of course. “Dear, she didn’t know that it was me...”

“Then, how if we arranged a meeting with her, like you know... pretend to buy something with a very high price. Then just say something like ‘This isn’t cheap, we should actually meet’ and then catch her on the spot.” Everyone paid their attention to Yongguk. “You know...like, scam her?”

Well...

“Now I understand, even angels have their evil sides....” Himchan nonchalantly asked as he typed on his laptop.

 *****

 

“I should have brought my camera....” Junhong glanced at the group sitting in the far end of the room. Dissapointment was evident as he keep looking back and forth to the eye-catching crowd. “I can get many materials....”

Jongup eyed his friend with a smile. “Yah, just take a break... Don’t worry, it’s on me!”

That’s exactly the problem, Jongup had helped him too many times with his neverending money problem and Junhong began to feel uneasy. “But you’re not rich yourself, I don’t want to make you poorer that it is....”

That earned him a playfull jab on his rib. “Say the one whose money fly faster than Swellow!”

“Tsk, you Pokemon freak! I have to pay for the recording studio for the last assignment and hell it was just too much” Really, he love raps but he never knew the class needed that much money. “You should be glad that you don’t go to my school...”

“But yours is waay cooler!”

“But it’s also waaaayy more expensive...” Sometimes Junhong wanted to quit and just go to public school like his bestfriend. “I know that Umma can’t afford to give me extra allowance... aisshh, should I quit?”

Jongup flicked his forehead. “You stupid! How about your dream to stand on stage? How about the girl you had a crush on? How about everything that you went through? Don’t start spluttering nonsenses like that!”

“Don’t mention her, it’s not like I have a chance...”

“You’re not even trying....”

“She didn’t even know my name.”

“Maybe you should change your ramen hair.”

“Shut up!”

They fight playfully, their rich laughter echoed in the room and they didn’t mind the stare that they got. This is what bestfriends do, being crazy together.

“What’s that?” Jongup asked as he came back to his meal, Junhong was focusing on his phone. “Customers?”

Junhong grinned. Eyes still on the screen. “Yeah. A big one.”

*****

 

“Oh! She responded!”

Himchan shouted and the others quickly huddled close to his laptop screen. They had moved to Himchan’s house because, well, apparently Himchan thought that they just formed a clique(?).

 

From: Baby-Z

I’m sorry. But I don’t think we could meet.

It’s more convenience to use the usual method :-)

 

They groaned in unison.

“Now, what?” Himchan skeptically asked.

“I don’t know....” The younger ones answered at the same time.

“Well, how about you tell her that your laptop broke, and you want to have the printed copies with double the price and because it’s a big amount of money then you feel a lot safer to just meet in person.” Everyone listened intensely to Yongguk, maybe afterall, the man wasn’t as innocent and pure as they always thought.

“Won’t it be suspicious?”

“Just tell her that you have a special albums for them and you really want your collection to best everyone else’s. Fangirls are crazy, everything will actually make sense.”

Himchan nodded and began to type. Everyone silently waited for the respond, well this was their best shot at everything.

 

From: Baby-Z

You know you can trust me, right? :-D

I’ll send it to your address and if it doesn’t arrive I can always send it again ^^

 

She’s stubborn.

“Now, what?”

This time, everyone instantly looked at Yongguk for an answer. “Hhhmm.... it can be a bit risky, but can you tell her that if she doesn’t agree with the term then the transaction will end?”

“Are you sure, Gukkie?”

“If she’s soo desperate for the money, she’ll eventually agree...”

“If not?”

“Well, let’s see first!”

They didn’t have much choice, so Himchan just started to type in the answer. It took a longer time for Baby-Z to reply this time. But when she did, everyone pumped their fist in the air and high fived each other in delight.

 

From: Baby-Z

Okay, sent me the time and place :-D

Let’s meet up UrPrincess-ssi :-D

 

 Well, then... let the chasing begin!

*****

 

Junhong fiddled with the hem of his shirt. The brown envelope secured in his grasp. If it’s not for the money, he would never want to do this. Now, there’s this possibility of people knowing his identity. But maybe he can try to convince this girl to keep it a secret with providing her a picture or two in exchange. She sounded like a crazy, obsessive fan who will do anything for her ‘ship’ anyway.

It already ten minutes passed the meeting time, but well... girls are girls with their craze for outfits, make up and heels.

But by the time passed by he began to feel paranoid.

It wasn’t a trap, isn’t it?

Because in the back of his head, he always feels afraid that one day, one of his ‘target’ would eventually find out what he’s up to and get mad. Then his target would punch him in the face or even worse, sue him. He had no experience in fighting besides playing Pokemon with Jongup, and he was sure he didn’t have enough money to pay the lawyer fees.

Duh.

What the hell he was thinking anyway?

He waited for another ten minutes before someone finally patted his back.

“Baby-Z, right?”

Uh-oh.

When he finally turned his body and saw Kim Himchan’s smiling face, his whole body practically screamed: RUN!

*****

 

Daehyun’s eyes widened in horror as the lanky boy suddenly dashed off the scene, his funny ramen hair flying everywhere. He instantly jumped from his hideout and ran to pursue the kid, the others already right on his tail. Well, because everything had come to this, now he was sure that the boy was indeed Baby-Z.

Who would have guessed?

“YAH! STOP!” Himchan, who was the closest to the boy, shouted at the top of his lungs, Daehyun tailing right behind. Yongguk and Youngjae... well... let’s just say that they’re not in their best condition, like always.

They were out of the crowded street into a more narrow alleyway, with its confusing intersections and dead ends. The boy seemed to know this area well enough to keep adding the distance between them – that, and his damn long legs!

Daehyun felt his body started to ache, and he nearly gave up when the boy suddenly dissapeared in a corner. But a loud clang –like something had fallen, and a grunt that follows, forced him to move forward; to see Baby-Z lying on the hard concrete. Yongguk and Youngjae smiling broadly at him.

*****

 

Junhong had never seen that coming.

He was sure that he had the upper hand with his long legs, and his pursuers were already far behind. So when Bang Yongguk and Yoo Youngjae suddenly appeared in front him, he was surprised and had somehow slipped on something as cliche as banana peels.

Totally not cool.

“Urghh...” He groaned, his back hurts, and the four figures looming over him weren’t helping.

“So, are you Baby-Z?”

It was Himchan, his black hair still as stylish as ever even after those running, jumping, and all. Popular guys are unbelieveable.

“Yeah...” Junhong answered honestly, there’s no point in denying.

“So, you’re the one who did all of this?”

If it’s about the paparazzi photos and shipping rumour, well.... “Yeah. It’s me.”

A collective gasp was heard, and Youngjae stepped between him and the suddenly furious Daehyun before something could happens. “Why?” He asked, puzzled.

“I need the money, it provides good money and honestly, not everyone can afford going into our school without doing these kind of things...”

“Money?” Daehyun hissed between his gritted teeth. “You’re hurting someone and send those threatening messages FOR MONEY??”

Wait...

“DON’T YO—“

“WAIT!!!”

Junhong shouted, silencing the others. WAIT, threatening messages? “Wait...wait a minute... Threatening messages? WHAT threatening messages?”

Everyone stared at him dumbfoundedly.

“THE threatening messages you just admitted on sending....”

Eh?

“Whoooaaa, no no no! There’s a misunderstanding. I only take and sell all those photos, I’m guitly of that. But threatening messages? Nope. Don’t have the money and time...” They four of them stared at him, confused. “I thought you’re asking about the paparazzi photos going around the forum, so I said yes!”

“So, you’re only taking photos and sell them to people, and you never know about this?” Youngjae gave him a photo and he instantly recognized it as his.

“Well, I’m the one who took that, but I swear I know nothing about the harsh words...”

“Don’t you know the sender? Can you tell us who brought this?” Himchan was getting impatient. “You’re our last hope. I’ll really buy those photos if you could help us catching the culprit...”

This, perked Junhong's interest.

“Really?”

“I promise.”

Well, there’s always a way...

“Come on!” He got up, his expression brightened. “I know someone who can help us!”

“Really? Who?”

Junhong smirked.

“My hyung. My favorite friend.”

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AHAHHAAHA

No. Don't judge me.

I know I'm a failure..... MAAAAAANN I don't know why I wrote it like that...

Please don't lose faith on me... >____<