Eleven: Double....Date (?)

Switch

 

“WE GOT THE POWEEER! HUH!”

Daehyun watched as Youngjae hold onto the mic and sang –well, shouted— to one of BAP’s song. The younger had stayed true to his words: He’s the one choosing the song, ALL of it, and it meant a full marathon of BAP’s songs. It’s already the fourth song, and Youngjae was just as excited as the first, completely ignoring Daehyun’s presence. And he didn’t know whether he should be happy or not. Their hangout session looked like a success, but then Youngjae enjoyed to pay more attention to the boys on screen than Daehyun himself. Duh.

And what’s with all the song that he chose by the way? Before this Power song, he had chosen Warrior, What the Hell, and one that Daehyun couldn’t remember the title –but it was as loud, and rough. And with Youngjae singing into it like a freaking failed rockstar, it was just simply an amusing mess to watch –but not to be heard.

“WHUUU!!”

Youngjae slammed his body to the sofa at the end of the song, panting hard. A satisfied grin forming from his lips. “That was fun!” He beamed to the older and just like that, Daehyun’s annoyance was long gone.

“You looked way too funny trying out the rap part...” He ruffled Youngjae’s hair, earning himself a huff from the other.

“Aish, stop doing that you’re ruining it!” Youngjae playfully hit him. “I’m tired, your turn....”

The younger handled him the mic, which Daehyun reluctantly took. The next song in line was probably another BAP song that he never ever heard.... “I don’t know the song...”

Youngjae gave him a look. “The one after this is a ballad, you probably heard it somewhere mixed in your mushy playlist...”

Hey! His playlist wasn’t sappy! It just that he enjoyed listening to something softer, more calming. He liked how the singer can switched between beautiful high notes and addicting senerade, and Daehyun wanted to be able to do that. It’s not like he enjoyed moping around while listening to those songs!

Well... just not every single time.

He was just starting to argue with the younger when he caught the first instrument playing, and hell yeah he knew this one!

“This is BAP’s?” Daehyun looked incredulously at the younger.

“Told you they’re awesome!” Youngjae smirked and Daehyun rolled his eyes in response. Well, this one was indeed one of his favorite.

 

Youngjae had his gaze plastered on the singer, whose eyes shut as he reached another high note –successfully at that. The elder was soo mesmerized at his singing that he never realized that Youngjae had been staring for as long as he can. He knew it already that Daehyun liked this, he had heard It’s All Lies played from his laptop several times and it crossed him as funny that Daehyun didn’t know it was one of BAP’s song. Well, eventhough BAP was tough as hell didn’t mean that they can’t sing. They’re awesome at it.

But the thing is, Youngjae was paying attention NOT because it was BAP’s song, it’s because Jung Freaking Daehyun was the one who’s currently singing.

‘Why is he soo good?’

He growled inwardly. This wasn’t healthy at all. After he had heard Daehyun sang at the park, Youngjae was somehow obsessed with his voice –and the way he sing. So, now and then, he would stop by the elder’s door to take a glimpse of the other’s soothing voice –of course by went unnoticed— The thought that he’s turning into one of Daehyun’s fan was scary as it is.

He had to control himself earlier at the bus when Daehyun told him he’ll be singing in the school festival. He wanted to scream back then, and maybe jumping up and down in his seat. But he’s Yoo Youngjae, so he knew better than to do that. He just didn’t want the silver-haired boy to become big-headed, okay?

Daehyun finished the last line and smiled contently at himself. That was kind of cute. Stop it Yoo Youngjae!

“It wasn’t that bad, right?” Daehyun turned and grinned at him.

He could feel a slight blush creeping up his face and he silently thanked the room’s bad lighting. “It’s BAP’s, even a kindergartener can look that cool singing one....”

Daehyun pouted and it killed Youngjae inside. Twice.

“Tsk, a little compliment won’t hurt...”

Youngjae stuck out his tongue and Daehyun lunged at him, attacking him with tickles. He laughed as he tried to pry the elder off, and tickled Daehyun back. Their laughter echoed in the small room, and it couldn’t be helped that Youngjae noticed how Daehyun’s laughter sounded melodious. Fooling around like this brought back the memory of when they’re small. How they’ll tickle each other in Youngjae’s couch until both were exhausted from to much laughing.

“S-sstop... Stop it!”

They both panted hard when they finally stopped. The close distance between their face made Youngjae feels all uncomfortable. The way Daehyun stare at him made him squirmed in his seat. This was just like a scene in those pathetic romance movie, you know, when the male protagonist would then lean forward and suddenly kiss the girl. And then they would blush innocently and stutter and tell each other they’re in love.

But Youngjae wasn’t in love with Daehyun –and vice versa.

Then why his heart beat so incredibly fast then? And why Daehun looked so conflicted?

They never knew the answer because they instantly jumped from their position when suddenly the door burst open dramatically, revealing the grinning Himchan and the miserable Yongguk tagging along.

“HELLO MY LOVELY DONGSAENG!”

 

Just, urgh!

*****

 

Junhong absent-mindedly played with his DSLR camera –which Jongup had lent him, leaning against the wall of a music store. He occasionally took a glance to the orange-coloured building accross the street, waiting for his object of interest to come out. It’s been over an hour already since he saw the BangHim couple entered the karaoke box and he started to feel bored. Contemplating between continuing his mission or just went home already.

Don’t mistaken him, but Junhong wasn’t the type to stalk people. All these times, he just happened to caught the ‘moments’ –because he’s observant, invisible, and purely lucky. But this month his mother couldn’t afford to send him his monthly wage until next week and he had to survive somehow. That’s why he woke up early and waited near Himchan’s house, relying on the information that Yongguk would always spend his weekend hanging out with the ulzzang. He needed as much ‘moments’ to continue his  pathetic and miserable live. He had Jongup to give him food sometimes, but he didn’t want to bother his favorite hyung even more.

He convinced himself that it will be the first and last time he stalk someone. And he was desperate, okay? He sighed and then chuckled on his own. Maybe he had to change his dream from being a rapper to a freaking paparazzi. He got the talent.

It took another fifteen minutes, and Junhong was just about to give up when he spotted Himchan pushing the door open, with Yongguk trailing close behind. To his surprise, they weren’t alone. There were two additional members to the group, and it made him grin even wider.

Oh, he had nothing to worry now, his pocket will soon be fat enough to cover his needs.

Because of their double date: BangHim and DaeJae’s.

*****

 

Daehyun took an occasional glance at the smiling boy walking next to him. Youngjae seemed okay for a chance, but he was still pretty anxious. Himchan had suddenly burst into the room and it was kind of ankward at first. He was pretty much clueless about the whole situation and he couldn’t do anything. He was full of guilt because he was caught red handed lying to his hyungs. But Himchan was outgoing –as annoying as he is. And he thanked him for focusing on playing with Youngjae more than questioning the whole situation they were in. They kind of clicked. Crazily singing into random pop songs. But then Daehyun himself wasn’t sure whether the younger was being his real self or currently putting on a facade. Youngjae was just that bothersome.

“Stop staring like that....” Youngjae pouted. Himchan and Yongguk were currently in the middle of a heated argument about which restaurant to choose for their lunch, and didn’t seem to pay attention to the younger boys walking a bit far behind.

“I’m sorry Youngjae-ah...” He didn’t know why he said that, but he felt like he had given the younger something quite worrisome. “I never thought that they’ll go to the same place as us...”

“It’s okay, really...” The younger gave him an annoyed look, but then smiled. “They’re cool I guess. Well, Himchan is noisy and divaish but turned out to be kind. And Yongguk isn’t as scary as it seemed... It wasn’t that bad...”

Daehyun was relieved, at least he –or his stupid hyungs— hadn’t ruined the hangout session.

“How about if he asked me what is going on? Can I tell him that we kind of living in the same house?” He half whispered, wasn’t really sure about all the supposed-to-be-secret anymore.

Youngjae stopped to think for a few moment, and then shrugged. “Can we keep it a secret for a bit longer? Until I was sure I want to really befriend them...” Daehyun nodded at the younger’s request, in the end he was the one to always give in.

Well, but Daehyun was more than sure that he’ll get interrogated to no end when Himchan finally get him alone tomorrow.

Urgh.

Just what the hell he was supposed to say?

*****

 

Himchan eyed the pair sitting accross the table. They just practically oozing the ‘couple’ aura. The way Daehyun treated the black-haired cutie, and the way Youngjae would react to his every touch just screamed LOVE. They were so obvious it was hard for him not to squeal right in his spot.

“Yah, you’ll get your clothes dirty!” Daehyun was holding Youngjae’s hand and wiped it with his tissue. The younger had sauce in his hand from the burger he ate just now.

“I can do it alone, don’t treat me like a child...” Youngjae pouted, but let Daehyun does as he wished. See? Who can NOT ship this pair? The version of Youngjae when he was with Daehyun was somehow different from his image at school. That guy wasn’t that cold and distant, and just seemed to be cuter –not his look, but his behavior. Himchan sipped his Iced Americano in content and continue to stare at the amusing sight.

He felt his phone vibrated, a new message.

He opened it and instantly rolled his eyes when he saw that it was from Yongguk, who was just sitting right NEXT to him.

 

From: Gukkie

Don’t stare like that. It’s creeping me, and the boys, out!

 

He quickly tapped the answer without even glancing at his stupid president.

 

To: Gukkie

Whatever, but I’m right.

THEY. ARE. DATING!

 

The reply came even sooner.

 

From: Gukkie

No words from Daehyun means nothing :-P

 

He stared back at the smirking Yongguk, and then back to his phone.

 

To: Gukkie

Just wait.... and prepare your wallet.

 

He had already win the bet. Right?

*****

 

After finishing their meal they separate themselves from Himchan and Yongguk. Himchan had suggested to watch a movie, but a single look at Youngjae, and Daehyun instantly knew that the younger wasn’t up to that. In the end, Daehyun told the others that he and Youngjae needed to finish up some assignment. Himchan constantly gave him a look that practically screamed ‘I’ll be waiting for your explanation’ and that sent shivers down his spine. Later on, Youngjae told him that the reason he was against the idea was because BAP will be on TV at five. Daehyun should’ve guessed, duh!

“Well, what can I do about that? BAP was MUCH more important than a stupid movie!” They’re now walking towards the bus stop. The street was still as crowded as before. So once again, Daehyun had to linked their fingers together so he won’t lose the younger. “I mean, they gonna perform SPY tonight!”

Daehyun shook his head in disbelief, the degree which Youngjae loves BAP seemed to be infinite. “So, you’re not doing it because you feel uncomfortable?” He asked as they sat and waited for their bus.

“Hhm... I don’t know, except for the strange way that Himchan looked at us, they’re pretty cool... And you don’t actually have to interact while watching a movie...”

Well, that was true. Daehyun was glad that Youngjae still enjoyed their time.

“I’m glad that they don’t make you feel uncomfortable...” He sounded like a boyfriend who just introduced his girlfriend to his close friends. Whoever eavesdropping on their conversation might just imagine some wild thing. “I’m afraid that you’ll just freak out, hahaha”

Youngjae scoffed, but still smiled. “Well, they’re not that bad....”

Their bus came after five more minutes of waiting. Both quickly went in and took a seat at the very back. Youngjae sat by the window, and Daehyun by his side. They both were quiet for a little while before the younger broke it with the softest whisper.

“Thanks Daehyunnie....”

Daehyun nodded, a grin unconciously crept upon his face. He relaxed in his seat as the younger put his head on his shoulder, and quickly drove off to sleep.

 

Well, Yoo Youngjae was hard to deal with.

But he wasn’t so bad.

 

 

_________________________________________________

 

Wuhuuu~ an update~ I hope this didn't dissapoint you all >___<

I tried to be all cute but then....well....you know.....it's actually hard

Hahahhahaa

Enjoy it everyoneeeee~

And your comments made me all happy and giddy, so leave me one if you have the time ;-)