Thirteen: Blinded

Switch

 

Himchan was fuming with rage. That damn Jung Dahyun had dared to play with him like that. Huh. Just wait and see... wait until he shoves all the evidences right in front of his pretty face! He had to admit that he was being careless. He had underestimated that boy. Of course he wouldn’t concede that easily. Well, he had taken the trouble to hide everything up to this point, it’s a given that he needed more effort. And the key was right there, right in the screen that he was now staring.

The forum was buzzing with thrill and delight. The ‘double date’ was a big hit, both in the Daejae thread and Banghim ones. Everyone just LOVE their interaction. It was  a bit creepy actually, to see his own ‘fantaken’ pictures. The feeling that he had someone eyeing his every move, and actually took a picture of it, was quite... disturbing. But then, he wanted to be an Idol, this was just the kind of life that he would face ahead. Might as well getting accustomed to it.

He smirked as he see a picture of Daehyun and Youngjae, it was definitely taken after they had seperated. The silver-haired boy was blatantly holding the other’s hand as they walked through the crowd.

 

‘They’re holding hands!! FREAKING. HOLDING. HANDS!’

‘O.M.G. Hold me I need to call 911’

‘Guys, they went to a date. JUST MAKE IT OFFICIAL ALREADY YOU TWO!’

‘I’m crying sooooo hard, the ship is ruining me but WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT IT?!’

‘I heard some rumours that Daehyun frequently went to Youngjae’s house. I hope it’s true. I mean, CAN YOU IMAGINE THEY’RE IN THE SAME BEDROOM *holding all the dirty thoughts*

‘Can I expect a picture of them kissing soon?  Kyaaaa ~>_____<~’

 

Pfft! Daehyun said that they were just friends? Wait until he sees this one.

He right clicked and saved the picture to his Daejae folder. Don’t get him wrong. No, he was just doing this so he can expose it to Daehyun afterward, and then make the stubborn male confess his ‘crime’. He was definitely not doing this for any of his personal attachment and liking to the pairing.

Well, maybe just a little bit.

“Huh, just wait and see....” His smirk got even wider as he scrolled down and saved picture after pictures. Maybe he should personally  message Baby-Z, who’s clearly the one providing all the pictures, for a more ‘explicit’ ones.

 

To: Baby-Z

Hey, I love all your photos. Those are beautiful and sweet. But I wonder...

do you have something a bit more ‘daring’?

I’d love to have that. And don’t worry about the price, it will be satisfying ;-)

 

It will costs a lot, maybe a lunch money or two—or three, but at this point it’s more than just necessary.

”You’re super creepy, Channie. You should know that.” Yongguk said. Eyes glued to the paper he was working on—such a workaholic.

Himchan scoffed, “You just don’t want to lose the bet...”

Well, and he didn’t want to, either.

*****

 

The rest of the week was a smooth sailing. Himchan hadn’t really bother him with Youngjae anymore— eventhough somewhere deep Daehyun had the feeling that it was just the calm before storm. With the school festival’s buzz that caught both the student council members busy, and his own hectic band practices, the problem was still far far ahead for Daehyun to worry about. Instead, he feels extra excited about the upcoming festival, not only because it will be his first ever gig, but because he had something in store for a certain someone.

His phone vibrated in his pocket and Daehyun lazily checked it. He wasn’t in the mood for history lessons, so his focus had been all over the places.

 

From: Yoo Youngjae

Do you have band practice today?

 

Daehyun stared at the message, and back to the sender, who was looking straight to the front, (seemingly) paying attention to the lesson, before quickly sent a reply.

 

To: Yoo Youngjae

Yes. Why?

 

The reply came a lot quicker than he thought. He was sure that the slightly younger male hadn’t even moved a bit. Such a witch he is.

 

From: Yoo Youngjae

How long will it be?

 

Now, that was a bit strange. What? Did he wants Daehyun to accompany him to another BAP-shopping hours? Duh.

 

To: Yoo Youngjae

Dunno. Maybe 5. What’s wrong?

 

Youngjae was quite...peculiar today. Well, he was used to the cold city boy facade. To the calm and quiet Youngjae at school. But today, there’s something off about his silence. For once, his body sat straight in a tensed manner. His head occasionally looked around, searching for something—or someone. While usually he would constantly stared at the window, looking bored, high and mighty, he was restless today. And it was scary how Daehyun could even noticed that small amount of change in the younger’s behaviour.

Well, maybe he was just super excited for another BAP comeback, or another BAP show, or another BAP-related thing...

 

From: Yoo Youngjae

I’ll wait for you.

 

Now, that’s definitely strange.

 

When the last bell chimed accross the whole school, Daehyun braced himself to walk over to Youngjae’s desk. He wasn’t sure how the younger might react, and the stares that he got from his classmates weren’t helping. Just as he approached the other, the rushing girls suddenly came into a halt. Silently expecting something, while trying to drag on their business inside the room. It took about five more minutes of Daehyun staring , and a fake cough, for them to stop looking. Giving both males the privacy they needed.

“What?” Youngjae asked, staring up to Daehyun.

“Don’t wait for me, we usually end up playing at the arcade or eating out somewhere after practice....” They talked in a strained whisper, afraid to be heard by their not-so-secret eavesdroppers. It’s not that Daehyun didn’t want to come home with Youngjae, but after Himchan and Yongguk, he really didn’t want to push his luck with Youngjae (even just slightly) befriending anyone else. “You won’t feel comfortable...”

“Then don’t go.”

Daehyun looked incredulously at the younger. “What?”

“Then don’t go out after practice. Just come straight home, I’ll wait.” Youngjae didn’t even think twice, as if it was normal for Daehyun to do as he pleased.

 “Tsk! My Lord, just who do you think you are?” He flicked Youngjae’s forehead, a few girls squeaked for some reasons. “Just go home first, it’s not like you need a bodyguard.”

Youngjae pouted, for once didn’t care about putting up his facade. It really intrigued Daehyun to just succumbs to the bratty lord, like he usually does, but Mrs. Yoo’s voice echoed in the back of his head like a friendly reminder.

‘That kid will become even more spoiled with you constantly doting on him like that...’

Maybe he kind off doted on him, just a tiny wheeny little bit— and maybe he needed to stop. So, giving the younger boy a last smile, he ruffled the other’s hair and went to his desk, grabbed his belongings, and went to practice.

Just a tiny wheeny little bit feeling remorseful at that.

*****

 

“Daehyunnie~”

“No, stop it Youngjae”

“Daehyunnie~ please....”

“No. Just no.”

“Daehyunnie~ prettty pretty pleeease....”

“No.”

“Yaah, Daehyun—”

“I SAID NO, I WON’T GO WITH YOU!” Daehyun shot the pouting boy a glare. He really needs a break. It was Sunday, and he got this assignment that he had to submit on Monday (yes he’s a procrastinating mess), and with Youngjae continuously bothering him like this, it’s becoming too much. There’s this certain limit on his patience afterall.

“You still have a lot of time tonight...” The younger put his hands around Daehyun’s neck, backhugging him. It was hard trying to concentrate on the work lying helplessly on his desk. “The shop will be closed in an hour, just let’s go for a while...”

“Damn it Youngjae, it’s only a few blocks away! You don’t need me, you went there by yourself your whole life!” Daehyun tried to pry Youngjae off, but the younger stood still. Youngjae was bossy, snarky, and demanding all the time but he was never this clingy. He refused to leave the house without dragging Daehyun along in the past few days. It’s like he’s actually afraid of something. But then, even a kidnapper woul totally think twice before taking someone as troublesome as him.

“Dae—“

“See,” Daehyun forcefully turned in his chair, escaping himself from Youngjae’s grip. He put his hand on the younger’s shoulders and looked straight to his eyes. “I’m flattered that you think you really really need me in your damn life, but please, give me some damn time. GET.OUT”

The boy didn’t budge.

“Youngjae, GET OUT.”

“But—“

His patience wears off as he dragged the squirming boy out of the room and slammed the door right in front of his face. He coud hear Youngjae screaming and knocking on the locked wooden door. He sighed in exasperation before he blared the volume on his music player and continuing his works.

 

He stretched his back and turned off his player. It’s already past the dinner time, and he could hear his stomach rumbling furiously. He’s almost done with his assignment and it lightened up his dampen mood a lot. He decided to went downstairs and see whether Mrs. Yoo had left him some food.

“Oh, Dae-ah. Have you done with your assigment?” He smiled at the sight of the Yoos, sitting next to each other in front of the television. Well, Youngjae wasn’t around, though...

“Almost, auntie...”

“Your dinner is still in the dining table, just go and eat...” He nodded and went to the kitchen. Still no Youngjae around. When he checked it earlier, he wasn’t in his room. Just where the hell was that kid?

“Where’s Youngjae?” He sat down besides the Yoos, holding his dinner in one hand.

“He wasn’t in his room?” Daehyun shook his head. “That’s strange, I called him for dinner but he didn’t respond so I think he’s watching something in his laptop again...” Mrs. Yoo bite down her nails, a bad thinking gesture similar to Youngjae’s.

“Isn’t he still out?” Mr. Yoo said, his eyes glued on TV. “He said he’ll buy something, and grumbling about Daehyun refusing to go with him while slamming the front door...” Ah. So he went to the shop afterall.... But it’s already past eight, and he should be home by now. Daehyun tried to convince himself that he wasn’t worrying about the boy. Youngjae is a full-grown man, a brat he is, and he’s fully capable of taking care of himself.

“Don’t worry, Daehyun-ah...” Daehyun’s cheeks heated up, feeling slightly embarassed because he had been caught worrying over nothing. “No one would kidnap a kid like him, he isn’t cute enough....”

He laughed along the Yoos and tried to relax, but still found himself glancing at the front door now and then, waiting for a certain someone to come home.

 

It’s nearly nine, but Youngjae still hadn’t come home. He already messaged the younger male, and tried to call his phone, but it turns out that Youngjae had left his phone in his room. Bored, and slightly worried, Daehyun occupied himself with taking a better look at the other’s room. Usually, Youngjae would be the one constantly bothering him and spending his time in Daehyun’s room. It's rarely the other way around. So honestly, Daehyun never really knows what’s inside this fanboying mess of a room besides posters and albums.

Despite the black-and green BAP’s merchs, which looked tough and intimidating, Daehyun found a lot of cute little things in Youngjae’s room –well, eventhough it kinda still BAP related; like the little bunnies –what is it again? Matoki?— print on his bedsheet, his rabbit plushie (which is also a Matoki), and surprisingly, a lot of photos. All kinds of memories about his family posted on the walls. Just the three of them having dinner, or went somewhere in vacation. A baby Youngjae photo, Youngjae in kindergaten, Youngjae in his graduation day, and Youngjae and him. He smiled at the pictures, yeah it’s not only one, of them together; playing in the sand, playing with toy cars, or simply hugging. They looked happy and close –extremely close. He didn’t remember it all, for some unknown reason, but he felt warm inside. Like the heater in the pit of his stomatch finally working after such a long time.

Still smiling like a fool, Daehyun proceed to look at Youngjae’s desk. It was messy, but in a good way. Pencil sketches scattered everywhere, each looking better that the others. Youngjae is a good, no, great artist. And Daehyun was beyond delighted to found one with his face on it, it’s a lazy sketch, just a simple drawing of him holding his guitar, but still very good. Daehyun folded it nicely and slipped it in his pocket. Youngjae would never even realized one missing piece.

He was just about to slam his body to the bed when he caught something on the floor. He reach down to pick the scattered paper. Someone, maybe Youngjae, had teared it up into pieces. Curious, and just because he had nothing else to do, Daehyun put the sleek pieces in bed, and tried to rearrange it. It took five minutes for the pictures to finally makes sense, and it didn’t make him happy at all.

It’s a photograph of Youngjae, with a big red ‘WATCH OUT’ written on his face.

It’s another threatening message for Youngjae.

Daehyun instantly jumped from the bed. When he searched into the trash bin in the younger’s room, he found other pieces. All ripped out in annoyance, or maybe fear. It’s not only one or two. Daehyun had rearranged all the seven pictures, each with different photo of Youngjae, and words meaner that before.

Youngjae had been receiving these things all week. That’s why he had been acting strange all the while. Why didn’t Youngjae tell him about this? And why didn’t he see it coming? He should have known from the way the younger acted that there’s something wrong.

He felt stupid.

He had been dragging Daehyun around because he was afraid.

And today...

Uh oh

 

Youngjae still hadn’t come home.

 

Daehyun muttered a curse as he practically skipped down the stairs, grabbing his coats hastily on the way, and ran out the door.

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ta-daaaaaaaaaah! An update~

I hope you like this and the little cliffhanger there ^^

Ufuffuuffu

I hope it isn't another failed chapter hahahha

I can't believe many people subscribe to this story, I'm sooo happy

And for all of you who leave comments, THANK YOU VERY MUCH

It meant a lot to me ^^