One : Moving to Seoul

Switch

 

Daehyun hummed happily as he packed his belongings. This week, his long-awaited dream will finally came true. Jung Daehyun, the Busan Boy, will actually stepping his foot in Seoul. Breathing the big city’s air. He was too occupied by the excitement that he didn’t realize his mother had been staring at him for some time.

“So happy for being away from your parents, huh?” She chuckled lightly, amused by his son’s happiness.

Umma, it’s not like that!” He slightly pouted, crossing his arms.

Ara....ara, I know you’re just soo happy that you’ll be able to attend the academy...” Looking at the knowing smile in his mother’s face made Daehyun happy. It had been years since he begged his parents to let him study in Seoul. He had always been interested in music, and studying in Seoul Art and Music Academy had become his dream all along. Finally, after getting first place in the entire school last semester, his parents decided to let him go.

“The Yoo family will be very happy to have you around.”

Of course, his protective parents wouldn’t just let him live alone in the big city. Living with the Yoo family has been the ultime requirement for his departure, along with a long list of do and don’t.

He recalled Mr. and Mrs. Yoo as his parents’ bestfriend. When they were still living in Seoul ten years ago, they often held a get together for the two family. After they moved to Busan for his father business his parents would still occasionally kept in touch with them, but not Daehyun. Eventhough he practically played at the their house everyday in the past, it had been years since he went there.

“Their son...who is it again, I forgot his name, he would also be happy to finally meet you again!” His mother exclaimed, looking excited. “You two were sooo close back then!”

The Yoos’ son –he also didn’t remember his name— was the cute kid Daehyun always played with when he came over. His mother was right, they’ve been soo close in the past. But it’s already ten years since the last time he met the kid, he was doubtful that they can easily get all chummy again. Well, he’s still pretty much thrilled nonetheless.

“All the documents for your new school are ready, right?”

Daehyun patted his backpack, “Safely located in place!”

“Clothes?”

“OK!”

“Your books?”

“Ready!”

“New uniform?”

“Tucked in safely...”

“Your guitar?”

“Coat for winter? Laptop? Ipod?”

“Mom....”

“Underwear? Medicines?”

“MOM! It’s okay!” Daehyun went to her mother, holding her hand tightly, “I know you’re worried but it’s only Seoul... And I’m staying with the Yoo, they will always take care of me. I will be okay and I’ll come home every month if you want...” They exchanged smiles, tears already threatening to fall from Daehyun’s eyes. I’m a freaking guy, I won’t cry in front of my mother.

“I know....I’m just, worried....I’m afraid you wouldn’t like Seoul. You won’t have any friend and become lonely in such a big city....”

Daehyun pulled her mother into a warm embrace, “I’ll be okay mom, I’ll be having soo much fun that I won’t even miss you!”

“YAH! How dare you!” His mother playfully pouted, they both laughed out loud. “I’ll miss my son....”

“And I’ll miss you too, Mom....”

 

***

 

Daehyun rolled around in his bed, unable to get any sleep. Tomorrow is the day, and he became nervous without any apparent reason. His train will depart early in the morning and Mrs. Yoo was supposed to be the one who pick him up in the station. He already double –even triple— checked everything, his luggage, his new schedule—everything. Still, he was nervous as .

Will they treat him nicely?

Duh! They were his parents’  bestfriend, of cource they will treat him with utmost care.

How about their son?

Well, there’s a lot of time to be acquainted with each other.

How about school? What if he couldn’t get any friend?

What if he get bullied by others?

Daehyun ruffled his silvery hair in annoyance, wait—having this kind of eye-catching hairstyle might actually quite bad already. And before too many bad thought could attack him from every possible angle, Daehyun shut his eyes and forced himself to sleep.

 

‘Yah, wait for me!’

The chubby kid running in front of him refused to slow down so Daehyun had to run faster now. He finally stopped in front of a man sitting in a bench, holding a guitar. The kid’s doe eyes glowing with anticipation.

‘Ahjussi, can you play that instrument again?’

Daehyun hold the kid’s hand as soon as he reached him, afraid that the younger would just run away again.

‘Please ahjussi, can you play it for me? You’re soo cool while playing it!”

 

Daehyun woke up to the blaring alarm sound. It’s already four in the morning. What a strange dream...why would he dreamt about his childhood memory anyway?

 But he drove away the thought as he rose from his bed. Well,  It’s a big day.

 

***

 

The trip went unexpetedly well –It’s only two hours away using the express train afterall. Now, he only had to look for Mrs. Yoo. He only slightly remember her, but she was supposed to recognize him from the photo his mother had sent earlier.

He was right, no more than five minutes standing in front of the station and finally a kind-looking woman approached him. “Daehyun-ah, right?”

“Mrs. Yoo?”

She suddently gave him a tight hug, leaving Daehyun speechless.

“Whooa, Mrs. Yoo?”

“Oh, I’m sorry...I’m sorry..” She let go of him but still looked at him with big, bright eyes. “I just missed you soooo much, Daehyun-ah! The little kid have grown so much!” She ruffled his hair lovingly.

Daehyun just smiled sheepishly, he never expected her to be this casual.

“Oh! I almost forgetting something!” She was now looking at him with worried look, both hand grabbing his shoulder tightly. “Do you have your new uniform with you?”

“Ah...yes... I do have it with me now.”

“Good, because it seems like you  got the wrong schedule...school supposed to start today”

“EEEHHH??”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

First and second chapter will be boring introduction....

Boring me is boring....

Bear with it!

Enjoy! And comments are alwaaayyys appreciated ^^