Witty

My Caveman Jongin

”C-come in” you stuttered.

 

As of now you were still embarrassed of what just happened. You entered your house leading him inside.

 

“Sit here” you said and pat the surface of the sofa and as you turned back, to your surprise no one’s around.

 

A while ago, when you entered your house he didn’t went after you. He thought that he was still grounded in entering your house so he stayed there not making any move. You looked at the door and you saw him there just standing while looking at you.

 

“Aish” you said as you stomped to your way back to him. You grab his hand and pulled him inside. You let him stand after the sofa, and you held the both sides of his shoulder and pushed him down to sit.

 

“Should I just consider this a practice of being a mother?” you asked and sigh quietly.

 

You settled down yourself in the sofa across him. You were now just looking at him without saying any words. It was actually your first time entertaining a guy to your house so you have no idea what to do.

 

Awkwardness was now feeling the air.

 

While looking at him you suddenly felt guilty for letting him stay all out last night. You finally understood now why he was acting so weird.

 

10 minutes had already passed and the silence was still across the room but that didn’t took so long when you had a sudden thought.

 

“Ah!” you snap as you stood up.

 

The caveman was just following your every move with his eyes.

 

“You stay there okay? I’ll just get something” you said and run to the basement that still has an open door because you forgot to lock it when you were hurrying a while ago. You went directly to the lab table and searched for the folder where his infos were written.

 

“Oh there you are” you said and picked it up and as soon as you turned back, the caveman was already standing right in front of you.

 

“AH KAPJAGIYA! Oh my god my heart! YA! I said stay at the living room! Can you please stop popping anywhere, I’m having heart attack!” you said as you held your chest.

 

 “Go, go let’s not talk here this is my father’s private place” You said as you turned him around and pushed him going out of the lab. The caveman was walking with you at his back pushing him to the living room.

 

The both of you sat down and as soon as you were both settled down, you placed the folder at the table and opened it. You leaned your elbow in the table while you rest your chin in your palm and start checking again his description.

 

While you were doing that, the caveman was just staring at your face not even blinking a bit. When you scrunched your nose unconsciously, he too scrunched his. When you pouted, he tried pouting too. He find your every expressions amusing that he can’t move his gaze out of your face.

 

Meanwhile, you were still thinking of new name that he will use because you don’t like his real name which is Kai and after few minutes of thinking, you finally thought one.

 

“Jongin…Kim Jongin how was that?” you said and looked at him.

 

He stopped analyzing your facial expressions and get back his attention to the one you’re talking about.

 

“Hey” you called out again since he was deadly silent.

 

“Caveman…can you please talk, you understand me right?” you asked.

 

Again he didn’t spoke but he nodded.

 

“Good, from now on you’ll be named Jongin”

 

“J-jongin?” he asked.

 

“Yes. That’s your new name and you’ll be using it from now on”

 

He scratched his head but later on nodded again. You turned your attention back to the folder and looked at the other infos.

 

“You’re 21 yrs old? I’m only 19 so that it means you’re my…oppa? Jongin oppa!? meeeeh” you said while pretending to puke as say ‘Jongin oppa’.

 

“Haha just kidding” you laugh to yourself.

 

The caveman had no idea what you were talking about but the moment you laughed, his lips form into a smile.

 

“That’s it” you said and closed the folder and stood up. “You hungry?” you asked.

 

He didn’t respond any but his tummy that suddenly growl told you he is. His eyes rounded in embarrassment and he quickly held his stomach.

 

“So growling tummy is already experienced before eh?” you said and laugh at his un-intended cute actions.

 

You went to the kitchen and of course he followed you. You just let him follow after you because you know he might shock you again by popping randomly.

 

When you reached kitchen both of you were greeted by your dog’s bark. Upon hearing that, the caveman hid behind your back.

 

“flower...flower…” he whispered at your back while tightly clutching at your shoulder. You don’t know what to react on him. You don’t know if you’ll be mad because he called you flower again or laugh at him because he is coward.

 

“Phuahahaha!” in the end you laughed at him.

 

“Jo…..Jongin he won’t do anything to you okay, don’t worry” you said a bit hesitant to call him by his new name. You pulled the caveman from your back to your side and let him see your dog.

 

“He is Lulu and he is a dog, he live with me because he is my pet, he would never harm you until you do something to him…right Lulu?” you said to your dog and he barked once that made the caveman shocked a bit.

 

You saw the caveman’s startled expression so you pat his shoulder. “I said it’s okay Jongin, Lulu go back to your dog house, move” you command and you dog went out of the kitchen right away.

 

Upon your dog’s leave, your sight landed at the counter table. You noticed the banana and box of milk that you took this morning left un-touched. You grab the box of milk and opened it. You poured it in two glasses and place the box back to the refrigerator. You gave one glass of milk to the caveman and he took it right away.

 

He only looked at his milk while you already drunk yours. He studied the way you drunk it and after you finished yours he followed. You looked at him and he was drinking just as accurate.

 

“Wow you learn fast” you said and pass to him the banana. He placed the empty glass at the counter and start eating the banana. He is on the same level of monkey so he ate it the way it is used to be eaten.

 

You start heating the stove with the pot of boiling water in it, you then went to your food cabinet to search for packs of ramen.

 

While you were doing that, the caveman was looking at the stove amazed by the fire that was coming out of its flat surface. He wondered if it is true fire or not so he tried touching it.

 

“aw” he quickly pulled his hand from the fire.

“Oh my god, you okay?” you ask and hurriedly get an ice cubes from the freezer. You searched for a towel and upon finding one; you place the ice to it and went to him. You placed the ice to the swollen part of his hand and softly tap it.

 

“Don’t just touch anything here okay? Hold the ice like this I’ll just continue cooking” you said and let him hold it.

 

You went back to the stove and place the noodles in the pot of boiling water. You add the content of seasoning sachet and mixed it. And not for too long boiling the ramen, it was finally cooked. You get two pot holders and held the pot side by side. You went straight to the table and the caveman followed after you. You set the pot of ramen at the middle and placed two chopsticks and two bowls across each other.

 

“Before we eat, here hold the chopsticks I’ll teach you how to use it” you state and passed him the sticks.  You picked up the first chopstick and place it at his middle finger and thumb. 

 

“This one is your anchor, it should not move. Stiffen your hand for a firm grip. Have the broad end of the chopstick lay in the crook of your hand, where your thumb and pointer finger connect. Rest the narrow end between the base of your thumb and the side of your index finger. It's similar to how you hold a pen, but a bit lower” You explain while demonstrating it in his hand. You gave him the second chopstick and let him grip it with his index finger and thumb. 

 

“This is the stick that moves. Place your thumb over the side of the second chopstick, so it rests above the first. Adjust your grip to a more comfortable position. Make sure the narrow tips of the chopsticks are even with each other to help prevent them from crossing or being unable to pinch the ramen. To get them even, you can tap them on the table like this” you said as you tap the chopsticks using his hand.

 

“Uneven chopsticks will be very difficult to use so practice opening and closing the chopsticks and make sure the broad ends of the chopsticks do not make an "X" because this will make it difficult to pick up noodles. You understand?” You asked him.

 

He paused for a bit but later on practice what you have told him. He tried opening and closing the chopstick and it works.

 

“Woa.” he said amused out of it. He tried to clip it in everything in front of him such as the handle of pot, the edge of soup bowl, the flower in the vase, some small fruits and other stuffs that can be pinched by the chopstick. He doesn’t pick it up though; he just clipped them as he is amazed how those two sticks can do that with just one hand.

“Woa” he kept that amused tone of him.

 

“You’re so funny” You laughed at what he’s doing.

 

He suddenly stood up and placed himself behind you. He then picked your hair using the chopsticks.

 

“Ya ya ya!” you said when you felt that your hair was being tampered from the back. Because of that you stood up too and faced him. “What the heck are you doing!?” you asked.

 

“I’m…practice” he said trying hard to make his sentence clear.

 

“PFT—Buahahahaha but why with my hair” you crack up more. You playfully pushed him back to his seat and you too, sat on your chair.

 

“Stop practicing okay, let start eating” you said and start eating on your own. He just followed how you ate and he was now eating too.

 

Silence occurred again as the two of you were busily eating ramen.

 

“Ah by the way after we eat I’ll bring you somewhere so hurry up okay” you said and brought up the bowl to your face to gulp down the soup.

 

 

“Lulu…” the caveman muttered.

“hm…yes? What about Lulu” you mumbled with the soup bowl still covering your face.

“why…Lulu…”

You were puzzled by his sudden question so you place down your empty bowl to talk to him properly.

“Why Lulu? What? Why Lulu is here? Did I just tell you—“

“no…lulu…name…why”

“Ooooh are you trying to ask why my dog is named Lulu? Is that what you mean?” you asked trying to understand what he’s trying to say. He nodded at your correction so you knew you have understood it right.

 

In pre-historic times, in their place the word “Lulu” means “Babe” so the caveman was thinking if you named your dog Lulu because you just wanted to or you named him like that because you love him in a romantic way. He is so confused so he just asked right away.

 

“hmm…I’ll be telling the reason then afterwards we’ll be leaving already okay? This will be short. So here it is, one day, wait should I say just another day of being bullied kid in our school, I went to my favourite crying place which is the farthest part of the park of course I went there to cry as usual. I cried as loud as I can because I wanted to let out all my hatred to the world. Haha I’m so emotional back then. I have no plan of stopping my endless tears but then a guy with a puppy in his arm went to me and suddenly patted my back. He told me to stop crying but I didn’t, not until he passed me his white furry puppy. I then stopped crying because of that puppy. The guy I thought, not far my age smiled at me and raise his hand ‘My name is Luhan’ he told me. I was about to raise mine too when somebody called out his name and he run hurriedly, I shouted “Hey your dog” but then he was already gone in sight. Since then that guy became my crush…until now hehe, He is the first kid who didn’t bully and he even comforted me. So in an instant, I became his number one fan. He’s my first love and will be my last too kekeke I was actually working now at the Zoo he’s manager at. Lol such a stalker am I. But I think he don’t even give a for me lol he doesn’t even know me. Oh well anyways so that was just the reason behind. Luhan is the name of the guy who gave me that dog so I named that dog Lulu” You smiled to yourself remembering the memories of you, Luhan and Lulu.

But as soon as you looked at the caveman, your smile turned into frown. He’s head was now hanging low in deep slumber. You were too absorbed to your story that you didn’t notice he was already sleeping.

 

“YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!” You were too pissed off because of him so you shouted as loud as you can to wake him up.

 

The caveman shot up his body instantly because he thought something just happened to his precious one. “WHAT HAPPENED MY FLOWER!?” see he was too anxious, he even said a line in a perfect straight sentence.

 

lol

 


 

[A/N]

Thank you, thank you and thank you! Thank you for reading everyone!

#2yearsWithEXO
aweeeeeeeeeeee