Vaguely

My Caveman Jongin

 

Upon waking up the next morning, you saw Jongins’ standing figure beside your bed and then again same situation happened to the both of you like the usual.

 

- - -

 

Today is Saturday so you won’t be going to the Zoo. Every weekend are your day-offs so you just decided to bond with the caveman and stay at home.

After your morning routine you went directly to the kitchen. You were currently preparing food for Jongin. At the midst of sautéing, you heard him calling you from the living room. You turned off the stove first before you plan going to him to avoid burning what you were cooking. You then walked to his place while still holding the frying spatula as you looked at him with questioning look.

“Flower~” He smiled right away upon seeing you.

“Mm?” You asked and raised eyebrows.

“Jongin will show Flower Jongin saw box” He said as he pointed the television.

Your eyes suddenly popped out.

“Ya! Ya! Ya! D-don’t do it whatever it is!” You panicked, backing off a little bit because of his statement.

You just remember what happened yesterday and you can already feel the embarrassment from the last night’s event all through your nerves. You are about to run back to the kitchen but you hesitate as you saw him quickly change expression from excited to depressed look.

“Okay…” He said in low voice.

“Hey…uhm…D-do it….I don’t actually mind” You said as you removed gaze from him. You are nervous for what he will do but you don’t like to see him in that mood so you just chose to agree.

“R-really?” Jongin’s expression turned 180 degrees happinelcius.

The caveman then the TV and the screen brightened and instantly you saw that it was on a not well known channel. The TV station is currently replaying the music program yesterday. You looked at him bewildered, but he just looked back at you while smiling widely. You derive attention back to the TV screen and you saw that the famous boyband named EXO is currently performing. Jongin then drag you to sit in the couch and he stood in front of you as if he’s preparing to perform. And yes, he’s about to execute something.

Since the day you let him home alone, what he only do to be entertained is watching TV and by consecutively watching he kept on seeing those people (EXO) doing movement rhythmically to the music or they are doing what we called dancing. He then started to get amused by it so he started following their movements. Now that he got the chance to be with you alone in the house he wanted to see your reaction if he’ll do what the human beings today, enjoy watching.

You still have no idea for what Jongin will do that you felt nervous at the same time excited. As soon as he dragged you to the couch, you just sat there looking at him, focused. He then started moving along to the song called ‘Call me baby’.

[The following italicized lines are the English translations for the currently playing part of the song]

 

It’s amazing, like a flash of light, you fill me up the moment I see you, oh my
Sit here comfortably and listen to my story now
Oh I don’t care, even if I have to go far
I’ll be the one man to be by your side

You were now had the most astonished look that your face have ever had.

You seeped into my dry lips and woke me up
The time’s wasting girl
So don’t wait, don’t wait too long

Jongin kept his serious look, glaring intently at you - look that can make every girl buried live just by it. He was even lip syncing what the boyband were singing. He danced whole heartedly as if he was born to be a dancer and was not even a caveman.  

There are many who shine but look at what’s real among them
Call me baby, Call me baby, Call me baby, Call me baby

Jongin then grab his phone from his pocket and bring it up to his ears as if he’s calling. He just thought that the meaning of the song was related to the one that both of you were doing when using the phone so he just had the idea to do it. He then earned chuckle from you.

My heart grows bigger for you and it closes its door for everyone else but you
(You know I’m here girl)
Call me baby, Call me baby, Call me baby, Call me baby
Even if it’s many times. Call me, girl

You were still looking at him in complete amusement. You have been in this era about 19 years already but you never knew nor never did you want to try dancing but he who only lives here for few days made you think that you were not supposed to be happy and just felt alienated on your own era.

You make me exist as myself, you’re the only one in my world
You’re the one, You’re the one
Girl you’re the one I want

You have been blushing madly since the beginning, obviously because of the whole scene. His extraordinary good talent knowing he’s a pre-era person, his y-hot dance with lots of body waves and s, his glare that got you mentally and physically frozen, even the heart-fluttering lyrics that he was lip syncing to doesn’t help you at all.

He then stopped dancing and scratched head. You mentally cursed him for stopping abruptly when you were already enjoying the moment. You were really amazed by him that you thought that he is even better than the EXO’s main dancer who ever he is, because for you the caveman Jongin is the best.

“Jongin forgot next, flower sorry” he said looking disappointed to himself.

You took the initiative and went to him promptly as soon as you saw him disappointed. You held his hand and look in his eyes.

“That was the best Jongin! You did well, actually I almost fall for yo—“

You are only about to cheer him up but you ended up confessing. Your eyes grew large instantly and you blushed again. You swiftly remove your hand from him and run back to the kitchen to hide your feels embarrassment.

Jongin barely understood your second sentence but he believe he heard it right that you told him that what he did was the best. Jongin smiled widely from ear to ear, he then threw fist on air as if he just won lottery.

 

- - -

 

Afternoon that day, you were casually sitting at the sofa in the living room watching random movie with Jongin. Just then your phone beeped as you received a message. You grab your phone from the coffee table, and opened the message.

 

4:52pm| Minkyu! Chocó Light Bar, 6:00pm sharp! Boss Luhan’s surprise birthday party. No buts. BE THERE! See yah - Minah 

 

Your eyes then again popped for the nth time today.

Because you were with Jongin the whole day, you totally forgot that it was indeed your first love’s birthday.

“Darn it!” You said as you stood up.

Jongin looked at you, confused at what’s up to you.

“Aaaargh I hate myself! I almost forget this special dayyyyy!!” You blurted as you pull your hair because of frustration.

“Flower?” Jongin finally spoke when he saw you pulling hair.

You didn’t respond and went to your room quickly. You went to your closet to find nice clothes but since you’re a nerdy, you wouldn’t have one.

“!” You again cursed.

“Wait. What now. Why do I even need to dress nicely when I’m not even special guest or something? Kurae, let’s just dress simple Minkyu-ya. It’s the gift that matters. Kurae kurae” You said while talking to yourself in the mirror.

You then grab a plain, slightly over-sized black shirt, and then a pair of dark gray slacks pants with black suspender on it. You wore the shirt first then the pants and tucked the shirt on it, you pull up the suspender and this is what you looked: 

You looked at your reflection in the mirror and you don’t look THAT bad. You just thought that it is fine to be simple since there is actually no one there to look out for you, knowing the place – bar. There are lots of pretty y ladies, so why even effort?

You then grab your pouch and head for the door. You wanted to leave early since you still have to buy gift for him. You open the door and walked out.

“Flower where going?” You heard upon stepping one foot out of your room.

 “Omo kapjagiya! You scared me!” you said holding your chest.

Jongin who was there since you enter your room, just calmly look at you and waiting for you to answer.

“I’m going to boss Luhan’s surprise birthday parteeeey” You said in almost in excited tone.

Of course Jongin wouldn’t understand anything about the ‘surprise birthday party’ part but, he sure does understand the ‘I’m going to boss Luhan’ part very well.

“What.”

And the infamous jelly line then again has been spoken.

 

- - -

 

I took few—lot of minutes actually, for you to explain everything to Jongin. You weren’t sure if he really doesn’t understand what you were saying or he just wanted you to keep repeating to him everything.  

 The actual fact is, he already understood what you have explained him at first try but then what he doesn’t get is; why do you even have to go? What does it have to do with you? Why do you even need to go when you can rather not? Jongin doesn’t like the idea that you were going but he just gave up the moment he saw you slightly getting pissed and since he doesn’t want to see you like that he just stopped.

 

After the long talk you told him to eat what you have cooked before-hand and you also asked him to feed the dog Lulu. You went directly to a mall to buy something for Luhan, it didn’t took you so much time since you know his brand and style. You checked your phone to look at the time and saw that it is already quarter to 6:00pm. You put back your phone to your pocket and called the taxi that was passing not so far.

 

- - -

 

“Choco Light Bar, this must be it” You said as you read the headboard of the bar.

As soon as you enter, loud banging music already smashed your ear drums. You were not used to this kind of place – because it is your first time. You looked around and everyone is dancing wildly not only that, even the people themselves looks wild. They look all like a carnivore.

“Bwoya…” You mumbled as you saw a girl wearing not so appropriate for your eyes.

 

“MINKYUUUUU!” You heard a voice loudly calling you.

You looked back and not so long you were stunned upon seeing who called you. You never imagine Minah would look so pretty. She was wearing long sleeved black dress that cuts along her legs, she was showing off leg skin but she was nowhere ty like the girl you saw earlier.

“Woa so pretty” you  said when she came near you. You are not having girl crush on her but you were just amaze on how she looks because you always saw her in uniform like yours.

“Thanks. You don’t have to say it though, I know it” She joked so you just chuckle.

“They are waiting in the private room! Let’s go” she added and grabbed your arms.

 

- - -

 

“Can I be honest? Actually I thought you were a bad person before” You said as you looked at Minah who was sitting beside you.

“I know right, because I’m really is. It’s just that love over powering my attitude” She said as she sip on her cocktail drink.

“Bwo? Woah! You sounded so in love right there!” You said cheerfully upon hearing her sudden confession.

“I am indeed in love and stupid as well…they balanced sooooo much” She said and chuckled.

“Woooa you sounded so mature right there!” You said cheerfully again, not actually understanding what she was talking about. You have no idea what REAL love is so for you, you were like currently hearing some mythical advices from Love Goddess.

Minah then looked at her phone and she saw message from Luhan. Luhan who doesn’t know a thing was invited by Minah to go the bar to pick her up. He was only few meters from the room.

“Guys he’s coming!!” She shouted and everyone – friends and some staffs, gathered all together.

Minah then lit up the candle and brought up the cake. She looked at you and handed it to you.

“Omo! W-wae? Why would I…hold this cake…” you said getting nervous all of a sudden as she gave it slight forcedly for you to hold it right away.

“Just hold it” Minah said as if it was nothing.

“But—“ “No buts.” She cut you off.

“Here he go, guys hana, dul, set!”

And then everyone cheerfully sang birthday song for Luhan. Upon entering the closed room, the first one he noticed was you – since you were holding the cake. He walked closer and everyone gathered around him.

“W-what is this” He mumbled.

At the side, Minah was already face palming as she thought that her best friend wouldn’t be anymore stupid than he already is. She wanted to say ‘this is a fcking birthday surprise what else idiot?’ But then their friendship is secret to everyone. Luhan wanted that people think he is stubborn person so no one would be too much touchy and friendly with him and to look professional as well since he is actually the boss of the whole Zoo.

You looked at him and he looked back at you.

“H-happy birthday sir, make a wish”

You pulled all the guts you have just to be able to say that to him. He looked at you then at everyone around and back at you again.


He walked closer to you.

He held your chin and brought them up.


Slowly he was leaning forward.
 

He then kissed you.
 

 “My wish just came true”.

 


 

 

[A/N] Double update click next next next!