Agitatedly

My Caveman Jongin

 

The next day, after you finished your daily morning routine in your house you went straight to your work. You are currently at the Zoo lobby waiting for quests to come just like the usual. From a far you can already sight few students who are lining up in the entrance. From your sit, you stood up and pat your slightly wrinkled uniform and was about to assist the kids when suddenly Minah popped in front of you.

“Ya” She said while crossing arms.

“O-oh..hey” you said as you looked down, avoiding her gaze.

You just remember that they are disappointed for your absence yesterday. When you came to the zoo you went straight to the lobby so you haven’t seen any of the higher employees yet.

“What do you think are you doing here?” Minah asked that made you look at her again.

“I-I’m about to tour those students from….Hey Seoul Sisters Academy…w-wae?” You asked right away after answering her question. You are really worried about your job right now, she might tell you awful news such as you should quit your job – which you hated the most to hear.

“Bwoya? You forgot already? Now I know why our boss kept on asking where you are. Ya! You are supervisor now remember? You’re supposed to stay in the office aigoo” Minah informed.

“W-what…what will I do in the office?” You asked since you really have no idea what they are doing there. You have always been outside assisting visitors so you don’t mind that much what the higher staffs do.

“Pretty much same as what you are doing here, waiting for the guests – big guests specifically such as guest from other companies, politicians, celebrities and so on. But this time you will not only wait in the office but also do some research that our boss will assign you and then unlike your job here, you are now be assisting the tourists guide; teaching the new comers and also managing the work of other staffs under you. Pretty much that’s it” She said as if it’s the easiest job in the Zoo.

You were just left mouth hanging at the information she gave. First you can’t still believe you were already be working in the office – well with you crush, second is you didn’t expect that you will have more responsibility now than before.

Minah just smirked at your expression and tap your shoulder. She bid goodbye to you and walked out of your sight. When you finally get your thoughts back, you walked slowly heading to your new working area.

“Ottoke…ottoke…” You said while feeling all tensed. You are already at the front door of the office but you don’t know what to say or what to do upon entering so you chose not to enter yet and stay outside just to be safe and not to be an awkward anthurium scherzeranum. 

You were sitting at one step of the staircase before the door while unconsciously shaking your legs. You stood up for a while then sat again; you then stood up once more and walked aimlessly back and forth.

When you finally pull yourself together to confidently knock at the door, just then you felt your phone vibrating from your side. You slid your hand to your uniform pocket and grab your phone. You looked at who’s the caller and your expression turned in both gladness and concern.

“Jongin? Hey what’s wrong? Why did you call?” You asked, obviously concern took much place in your thoughts.

“uuuuuuhm…” You heard him thinking out loud by Ed Sheeran. Haha sorry lame author

“What’s wrong?” You repeated your question as you have no idea what’s happening to him right now.

“flower” He said shortly.

“What?? What’s happening??” You asked as you grow more worried about him. You just remember exactly that you told him to call only if it is for important thing.

“Jongin miss flower…” You heard from the other line. You don’t think you heard it right but you can already felt your cheeks burning up.

“W-what?” You asked again to make him clear his statement – that obviously you already know but you just want to hear again.

“Jongin miss you~” He said.

And that’s when you internally scream your brains out. You are aware that you don’t like him YET, but his statement just made you blush – well who won’t when it came from an innocent handsome caveman.

You tap both sides of your cheeks that are already heating, hotter than the weather. You also stretched your mouth that is already tired because of grinning too much.

“B-bwoya! Didn’t I tell you call if it is only important!?” You scolded him trying to sound angry but you were actually smiling and your cheek bones are about to explode.

“Flower is important to Jongin” he replied whole honestly. He is currently in your living room talking to you in phone while looking at your displayed picture portrait hanging on the wall, as if he was talking to you face to face.

Upon hearing those words you felt your insides turning upside down, you held onto your chest because your heart just gone wild and it might escape anytime. 

Why can he make me all flattered when he can’t even remember my name? You thought.

 

 

On the other hand from not so far distance, Luhan just came out from one of the Zoo’s restaurant. He was heading back to his office when he caught glimpse of a person standing in front of his office.  He paused for a while to look at the person and when he realizes who it was, his legs turned to jelly right away. He quickly ran to the nearest post just to hide himself. He peeked through it and he saw you talking to the phone – blushing madly. That’s when he furrowed his eyebrows looking at you.

“I thought she likes me?? Why is she even blushing while talking to her phone??” He asked as if he was talking to someone. He’s not so obviously jealous right now.

 “Whoaaa…I’ve never seen her smile so bright like that…I should be happy but who the hell is she talking t—“

“What the dude?”

Luhan jumped at his place a little upon hearing someone suddenly talked from his back. Minah on the other hand was staring at him as if he’s the world’s weirdest creep ever existed.

“You startled me! Bwoya!” Luhan said holding his chest.

“What the heck are you even doing—ohww that” She stopped halfway as she realized why Luhan has been hiding behind a post. Minah looked at you and back to Luhan and back to you again as if she’s teasing him. Luhan then grabbed Minah’s hand and let her hide behind him to be covered by the post as well.

“Aish! You know sometimes I just want to forget that I was even your friend” Minah said and pull her hand from Luhan’s grip. She walked away from him and walked to the direction of the office.

“Ya! Ya! Where are you going!?” Luhan asked nervous - thinking that Minah would approach you.

“Well duh I’m going to the office cause I’m your employee and I need to work there where else? stupid” She retorted as if it’s the most dumbest question she heard. She just continued walking leaving her best friend Luhan behind.

 

 

“Ya Minkyu” Minah called you out.

“Oh Minah-ssi?—Hey I need to work now bye” You said and cut off the conversation with Jongin with just a snap, and then you looked at her.

“You haven’t entered the office yet?” She asked.

You scratched the back of your head while staring down, looking all shy again.

“Well yeah…because…uhm…I think you know why” You said in embarrassment because you know she knows that you like Luhan.

“Oh he’s not there anyway” Minah said that made you laugh to yourself.

“Really? I’m so so shy that I can’t even enter because I thought he was there but he’s not. Aigoo pabo me” You said as you hit your head lightly.

“Yes you’re pabo, go enter now our boss will come in just a few so prepare your feels” She said that made you blush.

You nodded to her command and bowed to her, afterwards you enter the office finally. Just then Luhan came to Minah running. He paused at her front while panting hard. Minah was about to go again not wanting to deal with his friend anymore but then she was stopped by him.

“Yaaaa~” Luhan whined.

“Ew don’t you do aegyo you gross old mofo” She said disgusted with her friend sudden immaturity.

“What do you two talked about~~~?” He asked trying to please his bestfriend – but for Minah it is more like trying to piss her.

“Aish nothing! I just asked why she is there and she said because she’s shy to see you and blah blah, happy now?” She said in mocking way.

Luhan then smiled to her and bowed. “Gomawo chinguyaaaa~~” he said then hugged her because he was too happy to hear that you are shy to see him. His energy came back again that just lost a while ago.

“What the heck this guy tsk. Stop being clingy! And oh by the way the—” She pause midway when she thought it’s not that important what she wanted to say.

“What?” Luhan said already setting her friend free.

“Nothing, go inside now Minkyu’s there”

“Really you don’t have anything to say? If yes then I shall go inside this is it!” Luhan said and trying to act manly again regaining his entire cocky attitude.

Minah just nod her head and shooed Luhan away. She smiled to him doing the fighting pump fist until Luhan entered the office. When no one is around anymore, Minah paused for a while as she was really bothered of what she just saw. Actually a while ago, before you looked at her, when you end the call she has seen the caller’s name with her sharp eyes and she is really bothered to know who it was and why is the caller, named like that. She was about to tell it to Luhan, but she’s not hundred percent sure and she don’t want to jump into conclusions so she just shut up for the sake of her friend. Minah knows Jongin was your cousin but she doubt it now.

 

- - -

 

The scene in the office is nothing but pure awkwardness. You barely talk to anyone – except your boss who asks you to do some stuff you needed to do. You gladly accept all his orders so there is really not much to talk about. When you are done with the paper works you are doing you filed them all and place it neatly at the drawer under. It was already late in the afternoon and the Zoo is about to close. You stood up from your sit and you looked at your surrounding and you noticed that no one is around anymore, even your boss.  You are too engrossed with your job that you didn’t notice people around you. You grab your bag and headed to the exit to finally go home. Just when you step out the room, Luhan came in front of you.

“Manager? Why are you still here?” You asked as you closed the door behind.

“I…ah…going home actually” Luhan said looking away.

“Oh okay take care sir” You said casually. Yes you have crush on him, but you still have lots of mouth to feed in your house so you need to hurry – no flirting mode on.

Luhan was surprised yet flustered by your reply. He is still feeling shy just being around you but he kept acting cool just for you not to get turned-off of him. He’s not planning to be close to you – not so early, but he just got text from Minah that changes his mind.

Dude make a move or else other will do. Minah’s message to him just recall to his mind. He thought that bestfriend’s opinion is the best, since it’s from BESTfriend. He also remembered how you talk to your phone while ago and he can’t afford seeing you all blushing and shy even though he doesn’t know who you were talking to.

“I…can I drive you home? I mean…we have same way home uhm…well…If you don’t want too—“

“S-sure…” You replied a bit hesitant but well crushy crushy inviting you for a ride why not. Right?

“Really?” Luhan asked holding back his smile.

“N-ne sir cause I actually need to come home early…” You said thinking again about those living things at your home.

Luhan was yet silenced because of what you say, he thought you would agree because it’s him, because you like him, now he’s jealous again for some reason when he actually know that he have no one to be jealous with.

 

- - -

 

The ride was hella silent.

No one bother to talk nor was planning to talk. 40 minutes had passed and you were already near your village. When you noticed it, that’s when you finally broke the silence.

“How did you know this is our village sir?” You asked as you looked at him.

Luhan then realized that he was really heading directly to your house without even asking you, making it obvious that he knows where you live. A lump form at his throat as he gulped thinking of a reason why he knows it.

“I-isn’t it in your bio…in your resume…it’s there…I’m just…fond of memorizing the infos of staffs and yea..” Luhan gulped again as he tried not to say stupid stuffs.

You just nodded at what he said. You looked pretty normal but you’re actually dying inside now. Just like him, you wanted to act normal to avoid the turn offs. You don’t want to creep him out because of your undying love so you keep it yourself as much as possible.

Not for so long the car was already in front of your gate, Luhan pull over and parked it. You on the other hand looked at him contemplating if you would ask him for dinner or not but since the power of love always win…

“Sir do you want to eat dinner with us, me and Jo—my cousin?” You invited him as you un-buckle seatbelt while looking at him almost forgetting you live with a man.

 Half of him want to really hop of his car right now and enter your house and (live with you) but he has the part of him as well that he don’t want to dig in to your life more. But well…

“Sure” he replied simply as if he really don’t mind at all, but actually his heart is already racing real hard right now. He’s so excited and don’t know what to do but he just make up his mind that he should just go with the flow and enjoy the night.

On the other hand you were more than surprised as you heard him agree, you are confident enough that he will decline your offer and just leave because you just asked him to pay back for his kindness by offering you a ride so you might as well offer something but you didn’t thought that he would really accept it.

Upon stepping out of the car you lead him to your front door. You have no choice anymore since you’re the one to offer so you thought that you should just deal with it.

You pressed the doorbell just once but it suddenly burst wide open and of course because of Jongin. He was welcoming you with so bright smile. He was about to hug you as usual when his sight darted to the other standing figure beside you. He walked in front of him and his eyebrow twitched instantly.

 

“What” He asked again his infamous jealous line with so much manliness on it to Luhan.

 Luhan can’t show he was taken back, of course man's pride. He also then stared back at Jongin who was looking at him intently and with the same amount of masculinity he said “What” as well.

You looked at both of them back and forth wondering what's with the weird atmosphere.

And since you are looking at them back and forth, their attention darted to you and both of them were now staring straight at you. You looked at the two guys towering you with such a helpless look.

“W-what?”

 


 

 

[A/N]

Told ya! I just need some cheer up kkk

 

see? I updated as fast as I could!

Thank you everyone for reading, don't get tired of reading! Much much love! I love you all <3 <3