Inferiority

My Caveman Jongin

“Eungg~ Lulu shut uppp jebaaaal” You said while whining under your sheet because of your dog that was barking relentlessly.

 

It was already past 8:00 in the morning and you were still laying back on your bed. Normally you unconsciously wake up before 7:00 because you always sleep early every afternoon but then today you woke up late because last night was such a terrible night for you. It was a first time for you that you were so bothered of something that you can’t even stop thinking about it, that you can’t even sleep and no matter how hard you try to stop it from popping in your head you just can’t.

 

“Lulu stop it~~~~~ Its’ still dawn can’t you see~~~~ For the sake of the gracious mother of dogs let me sleeeeeep” you said facing your dog whilst facing back at the window side.

 

Every morning your small window is the only source of sunlight so you are pretty much sure that it is still dawn because there is not much light coming in from it.

 

When your dog stopped barking you sighed in relief but just when you are about to doze off again your phone beeps signaling that you’ve just got a message.

 

Since you were still half asleep, your eyesight is still blurry and your brain isn’t working as good. You lazily tap the reach of your hand in every corner of your bed to search for it.

 

“Huh?” You said kind of waking up already and getting your head straight when you didn’t felt it anywhere.

 

You were about to get up from the bed when a sudden hand from behind, opposite side where your dog was, handed you your phone.

 

You were now frozen in your spot.

 

Now you get how your room is slightly dim but it feels like outside is already bright morning. Someone was actually blocking the bright sunlight coming from the small window to cover you.

 

You were literally in pause when you saw both your phone right in your face and the person—caveman actually, who’s holding it.

 

How ironic that the person who bothered your thoughts and made you stay awake the whole night was right behind you just when you are newly awake from a really short sleep that he was the cause.

 

- - -

 

“She didn’t reply yet??” Luhan asked peeking at Minah’s phone.

 

“Can’t you see I just sent her the message? Creepy boss-nim calm your balls will you?” Minah retorted.

 

“How can I? This is her first time being late, and knowing that I just made her supervisor yesterday…Waaahh am I at fault? What did I do? Should I just make her a tourist guide again?” Luhan said anxiously because of your absence.

 

“Pabo!” Minah said hitting him hard in the forehead. Hard enough to wake him up from his deLULU thoughts.

 

“AW! Why did you do that!?” Luhan said wincing in pain. 

 

“Are you stupid or what? You call yourself a boss? She’s not even late yet. Yes, she comes as early as 8:00 or sometimes 7:30 but that’s because she’s an oh-so-punctual-pretty-pretty-employee, but the Luhan? The Zoo opens at 10:00 AM!!! Freaking 10:00 AM!!! PABOOOOO!!!” Minah fired back at him. And since Minah is so frustrated she just walked fast away from him, not wanting to deal with his annoying friend anymore.

 

“Wait! WAIT! MINAAAH! I WANT TO SEE HER REPLY YAAAAAAA!” Luhan shouted running after Minah.

 

- - -

 

“Morning my flower~” you heard him speak for the first time today.

 

Like wow just, when was the last time my heart beats like this? You thought. 

 

“My cardiovascular system is acting weird since last night…should I go to the doctor?...or scientists? or veterinarian? What’s wrong with me actually?” You said talking to yourself out loud.

 

“Flower?” Jongin snap you out wherever you are.

 

You seemed to be really bothered by him that you keep thinking about last night. When finally you somehow get back to your senses, you grab your phone from his hand and directly head to the bathroom leaving Jongin staring at his empty hand. Jongin just shrugged it off and later on exited your room as well.

 

 

- - -

 

 

You were still in the bathroom, sitting at the toilet bowl, biting your finger nails while staring at nowhere.

 

What now Seo Minkyu? It’s just freaking I to the love to the you! When were those 3 words phrase became such a big deal for you? It’s not as if I heard it once…mom and dad often say it to me before though. Then why!??? Why am I so haaaaaaaaaaaaa I don’t know anymore! You thought.

 

  

Being bullied, less likeable child in your school, you never had even a single friend who would say “I love you” to you. No one ever told you that, well except your parents of course. So hearing those words again felt like you’ve been hugged with life, you felt like you’ve got another family member that loves you.

 

You just met Jongin and you know exactly why he is so careless in saying those words, but you felt that his words last night was from deep within and nothing but real feelings. You just don’t believe that it may really happen, someone liking someone like you. Or maybe it is just given that you are the one who’s taking care of him that’s why he likes you. The thoughts of things as such are what bothering you since last night. 

 

After few moment of nibbling finger nails, you just decided to move on and derive attention to other important things. You then grab your phone from the cabinet above the sink. You swipe the lock screen of your phone and checked the unread message.

 

8:20am| Minkyu-ssi where art thou? – Minah

 

“HOLYCRAPPPPP!!!” Your eyes were about to pop out the moment you saw Minah’s message and the time it was sent. You looked at the current time and your eyes doubled its size when you saw that it was already quarter to 9:00.

 

“GAAAAAAAAAAAH I’M GOING NUTS!!! WHERE’S MYSELF WHILE AGO!?????” You where now finally back to yourself, hating every single piece of you.

 

“PABO! PABO! PABOOO!” you said exiting the bathroom carelessly tripping to every corner of the room, good thing you were already done taking a bath and just sitting at the toilet bowl and doing some meditation.

 

You headed to your closet and picked some random pair of clothes and wore it right away. You went for the mirror to actually fix yourself quickly but upon seeing your reflection you were again paused and stared at what you just wore.

 

It is the same blouse you wear when you first saw Jongin, one of the unknown reason why he started calling you flower.

 

“Looking at this floral blouse now…it doesn’t seem really bad actually…” You thought out loud, eating all the words you have said to that blouse that you really hated before.

 

“Flower…psh…flower my ” you said trying to mock how Jongin labels you and while doing that you didn’t realize that you were already smiling extensively just thinking how cute it was.

 

You grab your bag and exited your room, you went to search him and you found him sitting on the floor playing with Lulu.

 

“Ya caveman! I’m going now” you said and walked near them. You lower down your body and caressed your dog, it your face so you hugged it.

 

“Aigoo aigoo! You must be hungry? Wait…WAIT! HOLLLYY SHHHHHHHHHHH! OH MY GOD I FORGOT! I forgot to feed all of you!!!!!” You stood up right away after remembering that you haven’t fed all your pets and as well as your housemate caveman.

 

Just when you are about to go to the kitchen and prepare their meals, you got another message.

 

9:15am| Ya, our boss is searching for you…he said you just got promoted and you already missed your punctuality record he’s disappointed on you…come on now palli! – Minah

 

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” You literally screamed out loud that even your dog was hella shocked out of his life.

 

“FLO--*cough*--WER? WHY? HAPPEN?” Jongin said, choked as he coughs asking you for your sudden scream.

 

You love your job as much as Spongebob Squarepants to the Crusty Crab. You don’t miss any single day just to have a complete attendance. You were shocked both at how late you are and at the reaction of your boss/crush Luhan. You know that you were not yet that late because the Zoo opens at 10:00 but you know too that even if you ride subway and not bus as usual, you will still be late because it will take 1 hr or more. You don’t blame your boss for being disappointed to you because, you are disappointed to yourself too. He has a great expectation to you and your work because you are a good employee that he even promoted you.

 

As of the moment you wanted to run as fast as you can to the nearest station to arrive at the zoo even you are late for some minutes, but now the thing is Jongin. He got sick yesterday and you weren’t sure if he’s already fine or not and fact that you haven’t fed any of your pets yet made you worried as hell.  

 

“The ! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah what kind of life and death situation is thisssssssssssssss” you said while pulling your hair out of frustration.

 

- - -

 

“What the heck did you just send!” Luhan said still arguing with Minah.

 

“Luhan you know, if you will bicker to me like this better go text her yourself. Stop using me for petes’ sake are you even a man!??” Minah replied with a disgusted face.

 

It was since the first text when Luhan kept on trailing onto Minah’s. Luhan got really anxious that you weren’t replying yet so he asked Minah to text you again.

 

“I’m sorry okay? It’s just that why is your text so rude? She might think that I’m a freaky boss-nim for being so angry of her just because she is late just for a single day!”

 

“Pft!!” Minah suddenly crack out laughing “Hahahaahha! Aren’t you already like that? You just described yourself. Or let us say Mr.freaky hopeless romantic boss-nim” Minah blurted sarcastically.

 

“YAA—“

 

Just when Luhan about to pinch his friends face, Minah’s phone beeped.

 

“That might be her!!!” Luhan excitedly pointed the phone. He grabbed it from Minah’s hand but upon pressing the power button, the phone asked for its passcode.

 

“Huh” Minah then again made a sarcastic look.

 

“Huh” Luhan mocked her and pressed some few numbers and bwola! The phone pass code was unlocked.  “Like as if I don’t know your birthday missy~” He mocked again.

 

“Whatever” She said and just shrugged off Luhan’s childishness.

 

9:17am|Minah-ssi! Heol~ TT_TT I’m very very sorry! I would not go to work for some reason. This is not something relatively to my promotion. I have an important…someone to take care of, please tell the boss I’m really sorry! It’s okay if he’ll deduct it to my salary, it’s just…priorities you know T^T This would be the first and the last I’m sorry!!!! – Minkyu

 

While Luhan was reading, Minah was peeking all the time and upon ending it she burst out laughing. She did a slow clap and standing ovation just to mock her friend.

 

“So you’re not included to her priorities? What a sad story my dear friend” she said and did a fake sad face.

 


 

[A/N] Hi! Hahahahaha Summer it is, means more updatesss yay!