History

My Caveman Jongin

 

“Hnng…stop it Lulu it’s too early” you whined as you pulled your blanket up.

 

It’s only 7:00 in the morning when your dog started to disturb your deep slumber. Today is weekend so it’s your day off in the zoo you’re working at. You wanted to rest for whole day but early in the morning you were already disturbed by your dog that kept on biting on your cover trying to pull it away from you.

You were too lazy and tired to fought back so you gave up dealing with him. You let your dog took your blanket away and he went out right after he had it. You thought that because of that it’ll be peaceful again to continue your sleep but then, when you are about to doze off, your dog came back and barked nonstop.  

 

“Aaaaaaargh Lulu please stop! I need rest!” you shouted.

 

You cry-out loud just enough for him to shut up, but your dog is barking simultaneously with you and it is way too louder than your voice. You sigh with closed eyes as you cover your face with a pillow. You know that your dog won’t stop annoying you so you just gave up. You lazily sat at the edge of your bed and he then finally stopped barking.

 
“Are you that hungry?” you asked.

Your dog barked once as if he was saying yes.

“Aigoo, so honest” you said as you pat his head.

 

You stood up groggily and walked heading to the bathroom. You do your morning routine and after cleaning up, you went out and change from pyjamas to comfotable clothes.

 

While heading to the kitchen, you grab a slice of banana as you passed by the dining table. You opened the refrigerator and randomly picked a box of milk. You placed both the banana and milk in the counter table and went to the cabinet where your pet’s foods were placed.

 

“Baby Lulu’s food” you read the label of one container. You are about to take hold of it when you remember something.

“Oh god! Wah! I forgot that I haven’t fed the other pets last night! Darn this! It’s all that Ajjussi’s fault!” you fume in anger while clenching teeth. And the fact that his image appeared in your head again got you more pissed off.

 

- - -

 

30 minutes had passed and you are almost finished. One more pet to go and you’re done feeding them all. You went again to the pet’s food cabinet and take out the Sunflower seed container. You return to the mini green house in your backyard and go straight to hamster’s cage.

 

 “Annyeong Hambaek, annyeong Hamkyung~” you greeted them.

 

“Umma forgot to feed you yesterday mianhaeyo~” You said as you open the cage and carefully taking out the mini food bowl. You put enough amount of sunflower seed to it and place it back. After you lock the cage you smiled to yourself knowing that your job was done. You lower down your upper body to see in eye level your two hamsters that were eating cutely.

 

“Aigoo so cute--Oh wait… what’s that” your attention was shift from your adorable hamsters to the piece of thin metal wire that was jutting in. You became worried for your hamster because they might be cut or wounded out of that pointing wire so you opened the cage again and tried to pull that thing with you bare hand, but not to your luck it was not working. You gave up on taking it out and just thought an alternative thing to be used. 

 

“Should I use pliers?” you thought to yourself.

“Yes right? But do I have pliers?” you asked to yourself again.

“I don’t have, but appa does right?” you answered your own question.

 

Living alone for years, you have mastered already these things; talking by yourself, praising and criticizing your own work, replying to the questions you yourself asked.

Indeed you’re one heck of a loner.   

 

You entered your house from the back door and directly went to your appa’s secret underground laboratory. You searched for its key under the carpet and smiled to yourself when you saw that it was still there. You unlocked the padlock right away and opened the door that will lead you underground. You step foot down the stair one at a time until you reach the floor of the basement.

 

A sudden gloomy atmosphere took place as you remembered your father. You walk aimlessly trying to recall some father and daughter memories that happened there and not so long of your drama moment, you went to the dusty lab table and dust-off some scattered file of papers.

 

“Aigoo appa why did you left your things this messy” you chuckled in bitter-sweet tone while compiling those papers. 

  

You were currently gathering all the papers into a one single pile when a long folder with catchy heading caught your attention.

“History of His Story?” you read out loud. You’re attention was immediately turned to the folder so you set aside the papers you were holding and place it properly at the side.

You blow off some dust and finally opened it as your curiosity bothers you. You sat at the edge of the lab table and start looking at its first page’s content.

 

“Is this someone else’s profile?” you questioned when you saw some information, description and other data.

 

Name:

KAI (카이)

Date Discovered: Jan. 14 2013

 

Info:

Member of Archaic Homo sapiens

Most likely 21 yrs. old as of 250,000 BC

 

Characteristics:

182 cm in height

Blood type A

 

Fact:

Way of speaking goes with ‘eurorong’ (By April 2013, language was changed into modern)


Pre-historic language to modern language formulas:


 

“W-wait, wait what...what the is this?” you said as you stop reading the profile at the formula part because it’s already complicated and you can’t understand a thing.

You turned the page to the following pages but all that was written was just the continuation of the formula.

“Aish I thought it is something interesting tsk! I hate you appa for writing such a catchy title when inside it’s only—oooooh what’s that” you stopped mid in your outburst when something fell from the folder you were holding. You looked downwards and you saw an A4 sized picture.

 

“What’s this” you said as you knelt down to pick it up from the floor.

“Is this a monkey? Or it isn’t?” You kept commenting as you stare at the picture.

“It looks familiar thought…“ You held your chin as if you’re investigating it. You were thinking where and when you have seen it.

“I think just saw this last night—OH! Wait....YES!”  Your eyes grew large as you kept staring at the picture. “Is this him? This is him right? Is that you psycho ajhussi?” you asked the picture.

 

“But why does appa has a photo of you…” you thought for a minute.

You looked again at the folder where it came from and re-read the infos.

“Kai was discovered January 12 last year...He’s an Archaic Homo sapien from 250,000 BC…What the heck? Is this a joke or something? Or is appa just making up some stuffs? This is impossible LOL!” You laughed to yourself.

“Appa is really funny”

Unknowingly to you, you flipped the picture and to your surprise there was a written message.

"Oh...a message" you said and start reading it.

 

Minkyu~yaaa surprise~~~! Believe it or not, this picture was taken back in 250,000 BC. I used my time machine to go back there and finally my dream came true! Probably while reading this you still don’t believe me right? Keke I’m aware that you still don’t believe they exist so your appa did his best and took this photo to bring you evidence. Surprisingly when I go back in time I saw a caveman! And he’s real, feakin’ real! (and he’s really kind keke) You know I should have brought you there too so you can see how’s South Korea throwback 250,000 BC, but it’s dangerous and I won’t let my baby be in trouble. Oh and by the way I actually brought this guy in our house kekekekeke sorry for just telling it now, I wanted to surprise you more and since appa also want to experiment him. I want to test how he will do in modern time, isn’t it a good idea? keke I’ll still keep it a secret until you read this kekeke Happy birthday Minkyu baby! Remember. appa always love you <3

 

– Love Appa 2012 

Upon ending the message, you wipe off the tears that were messily falling in your face. It was really depressing that your appa died so early. And because of that surprise gift that you just knew; now the fact that he died just months before your birthday made the occurrence even worst.

 

You were still in the moment of shock by your father’s surprise message when you suddenly thought about the archaic homo sapien.

 

“Appa are you stupid or what? Why did you bring that guy here! What if something in today’s generation will change and the world will be imbalance because of him? Who knows something like that might happen! Aish! So does it mean that ajhussi from yesterday was actually a caveman or that homo something or whatever right?” You asked.

You seemed to be talking to someone but really you were not.

“If he’s a real caveman then…OH MY GOD! oh my god waah I need to find him now!!” you hurriedly run upstairs that you even dropped the picture you were holding just now.

 

While running you were not talking to yourself anymore but in your mind there were a lot of thoughts going on. You were thinking that something already happened to him right now. You were thinking that he might be somewhere dangerous right now like highways or bridges. You were also thinking that he might be beaten up already because people will thought he’s crazy or he’s a bad guy. So many thought running in your head right now so while you were changing your clothes into more nicer, it turned into more terrible.

From the basement you head to your room and picked random clothes. You were just wearing tank top and boxer so you wanted at least to be more presentable in public, but then because you were too engrossed with your thoughts you picked-up some awful attire like flowered top and pants with heart shapes. You change instantly without even checking yourself and went out your room right away. You hurriedly picked up your wallet and get random shoes from your shoe rack.

 

Your anxiety was now killing you.

 

You quickly opened the door and to your big surprise the caveman was standing right after your face.


“HOOOLY SH—you startled me oh my god my heart beat, oh god I’m worried as fck about you, thanks god you didn’t leave, don’t tell me you didn’t move a bit since last nigh—“

 

Before you even finished your talking, the caveman suddenly hugged you.

 

Your heart beat that was already beating crazily just doubled its pace because of what he did.

 

“W-what are you doing!?” you said as you pushed him away.

 

“Flower…” he said and smiled to you. He didn’t even care that you just pushed him.

Last night when you left him standing in front of your door, he didn’t try to go anywhere. He wanted to stay with you and only you. When you shouted at him before you get in your room, he knew that you were angry at him so he thought that the moment you open the door, you were not angry anymore. And now that you show up, he was too happy.

 

“Y-ya don’t you understand? I said don’t call me fl—“ You cut-off your own sentence when he pointed your blouse. You follow where he was pointing and to your disbelief you look so terrible. You can’t believe that you just wore your most hated clothe; the pink flowery with raffled sleeves blouse. You look back at him and he was smiling more wider.

 

“flower is ….…beautiful” he said.

You have no idea if he meant you or your flowery blouse, all you know for sure is you were now covering your face that was blushing madly in both shyness and embarrassment caused by him.

 

 


 

[A/N]

Annyeong!
Sorry for my wrong grammars 
keke Thank you for reading everyone! <3 <3

 

PS: This is Lulu, your samoyed breed dog.

 

#mycavemanjongin lemme see you there ^^