Discovery

My Caveman Jongin

JONGIN’S DICTionary

Homo sapiens (Latin: "wise man") is the scientific name for the human species.
Neanderthal is extinct species of human in the genus Homo, possibly a subspecies of Homo. sapiens.
Archaic Homo Sapien, the forerunner of anatomically modern humans.


 

 

Flashback 2013

 


“Appa stop it okay! I believe in God, therefore I believe that we came from Adam and Eve.”

 

“Hey I believe in God too you know! But I swear! We really came from Homo sapiens! Neanderthal people were God made too! Why can’t you just believe me?”

 

“Because appa--”

 

“Believe me!”

 

“But--“

 

“Believe me I said!”

 

“Okay-- “

 

“You believe me now!?”

 

“No”

 

“Aish this kid! Just wait until I finish this time machine! I’ll prove you that they really exist!”

 

“Pfft stop it dad okay? This is just nonsense, go sleep now appa take a rest good night~ I love you~” you said and kissed him on his cheeks.

 

“I love you too…but hey I swear they are real--” your father was about to state facts out again when you hurriedly ran up stairs and out of the basement.

 

“Whaaaaat~~ Appa I can’t hear you~~ keke good night~” You shouted from above locking the door behind you.

 

Mr. Seo sigh in defeat. He knows that whatever he’ll do to convince you, you won’t believe him until you see it for your own eyes.

 

 

- - -

 

 

9 hours had passed and finally Mr.Seo is at his last piece of wiring.

 

“Green one here annnd…DONE!” he happily clapped.

 

“Finallyyyy” he said teary eyed, hugging the big metal case or, what you called, the "time machine".

 

“I can’t believe I made it! Oh my Homo sapiens! After 4 years and half! Finally I can now travel back in time! Asaaah!” he said as he fist pumped the air.

 

“85 million years ago…or not? I think that’s too far maybe just 400,000 or 250,000 years ago? Hmm right~ that’s when archaic Homo Sapiens were discovered” he set the time machine to the time he wanted to go back to.

 

After packing the neccessary things he needed for his adventure, he stepped in the time capsule and checked everything that needed to be checked.

  

“This is it...” He settled in and with the press of the red button, your father disappeared.

 

 

- - -

 

 

 

“Appaaaaaaaaa cmon dinner’s ready~~~I fried your favourite gallus domesticus with rich in gamma tocopherol wheat germ oil with Solanum lycopersicum sauce as dressing~ ohoo how I love how to say those scientific names it makes me look genius Haha! Ya appa c’mon fried chicken is ready!” You shouted above.

 

You waited seconds for his response.

 

“Appa?” you call out again when you hear no response. You walked down to the basement and checked for your father. But to your surprise he was nowhere to be seen.

 

“Eh? Did appa go out this early? And he didn't even tell me? Aish never mind” you shrugged.

 

 

- - -

 

 

250,000 BC. South Korea

  

“Woooaaaah!!” Mr.Seo exclaimed in amusement. He quietly hid behind the clustered leaves while looking at his surroundings with his telescope, viewing from left to right.

 

In the past everything was in peace. No gadgets, no technology, no electronics, no vehicles, no modern humans, no pollution and no wash room….wait-- no wash room?

 

“Aaaish! I should have peed when I was home a while ago huhuhu” he cried while holding his crotch.

 

“But wait, I'm in the past anyways! Hah! Finally my wish came true! I can now pee wherever I wantttt!!! Yahooooo!!!” he said and freely opened his zipper.

 

He walked to the nearest tree and peed.

 

He enjoyed his peeing moment so much that he even whistled along as his bodily fluids exited his system.   

 

As the last drop of his urine fell, sudden footsteps in the bushes were heard.

 

He hurriedly zipped up his pants and hid behind the tree that he just peed on.

 

“Ew” he said pinching his nose as he caught scent of his own smelly acid.

 

From his hiding place he saw a guy in a safari caveman outfit passing in front of him.

 

“What the… is that……Oh…..my god…” he whispered as his eyes widened in amusement.

 

“This is amazing! I must take a photo I must take a phoootoooooo! Ghaad this is really amazing! How I wish I brought Minkyu with me! She would totally love this!” Mr.Seo spazzed over the caveman.

 

He took few more pictures but suddenly stopped when the caveman looked right in his direction.

 

“Oh ” he bit his lip not even moving a little to prevent being attacked by the caveman.

 

The cavemen paused for a while and not so long after, walked away and continued hunting for his prey.

  

“That was close” he said and sigh.

 

He stayed there for a moment, and when he thought that it was already safe enough to go, he stood up.

 

He was about to go but then froze when he heard other footsteps, but this time he was more frightened because he could also hear a silent growl with every step that was made .

 

“D-don’t tell me…”

 

He turned around slowly and he saw a “W-wolf?……Oh kk I’m right! A WOLF! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!” he stood up right away and ran as fast as he could, he screamed at the top of his lungs asking for help (as if someone would actually do help).

 

He runs to nowhere but the wolf keeps on chasing him.

 

“Lord oh my God if you’ll kill me this way it’s okay but please when I die give someone who’ll protect my daughter, who’ll care for my daughter like I do and oh a guy who’s handsome enough like me please Lord” he prayed while running.

  

He kept running until “Oh dead end…”

 

He stumbled down and he was now crawling backwards while the wolf slowly closed in on him. His back already hit the wall so it only means he cannot escape any further, he tightly closed his eyes and waited for the wolf to eat him up.

 

Mr.Seo was already mentally, physically and emotionally prepared for his death but instead of dying, he heard a loud squeak of the animal and the sound of splashing liquid.

 

He opened his eyes and saw a dead wolf in front of him with its velvety blood messily flowing out . He looked up and to his surprise, it was the caveman he saw earlier.

 

The caveman slowly walked to his direction and looked at him...wondering why he looked so different from him.

 

“T-thank y-you…” Mr.Seo stuttered because he was scared but at the same time thankful to this caveman.

 

The cavemen scratched his head because he couldn't understand what Mr. Seo just said.

 

The caveman paused for a while and he thought that this new "creature" he saw was talking about his encounter with the wolf. And so, he spoke back to Mr.Seo. After all, cavemen are the most intelligent among other Neanderthals because they were the ones who were able to discover and share things with each other.

 

“eureureong eureureong eureureong”

 

“W-what?” Dumbfounded, your father began scratching his head.

 

“eureureong eureureong eureureong, eureureong! eureureong….eureureong eureureong?”

 

But since Mr.Seo is a scientist, he immediately discovered that this is their way of talking.

 

“Na! eureureong eureureong eureureong dae” he said.

 

The caveman paused for a moment and nodded.

 

“Wow it works?” Mr.Seo thought.

 

Their conversation flew surprisingly well despite only saying "eureurong". It was weird, but they communicated and understood each other very well.

 

After a long gibberish talk, Mr.Seo can actually understand what the caveman was saying. The caveman told him that those wolves are dangerous so he should've been careful. Even if he couldn't understand it that well, the actions of the caveman spoke it all.

 

 

- - -

 

 

Since Mr.Seo was already close with him, he opened up the topic of taking him back to his place - the present time. But the caveman did not understand that so he mistakenly thought that he was inviting him to his place in the jungle.

 

The caveman was hesitant but then later on agreed to the terms and condition to the invitation.

 

 

Mr. Seo didn’t plan to bringing a caveman or any living things at all. He was just to show their pictures to you and of what he saw in the past and that’s all! But then an idea popped in his mind. He wondered how a caveman would react to the present time. With this new thought, he wanted to bring that caveman to the future and observe him.

 

 

“Woaa..eureurongee?” the caveman said when he saw the time machine.

 

 

“Eureurongee time machine” Mr.Seo replied.

 

 

“t-t-tam machi” the caveman tried to copy what he said but failed.

 

 

“Never mind eureurong eurorong eurorong dae” your father said and gestured him to come inside the time capsule.

 

 

The caveman stepped inside and your father followed.

 

 

“2013..” Mr. Seo set again the time and with the pressing of red button they were gone from the past and blasted towards the future.

 

 

- - -

 

 

2013, South Korea

 

 

“Tadaaa we’re here!” your father said stepping out the metal case.

 

“Eureurong!” The caveman was totally amazed by everything.

 

“It so hard to communicate with you when you speak like that. How I wish you could understand me and me to you in return...” your father sigh.

 

“Eureurong?”

 

And an idea popped in your father’s mind.

 

“Eureurong! Eureurong!” your father told the caveman to lie on the flat surface where he works on his experiments.

 

“Ereurong?” the caveman asked why.

 

“Eureurong” your father told him that he was just to do something and it is not harmful so he shouldn’t get worried.

 

“Eureurong” the caveman nod and just followed, he don’t know what to do anyways so he just did whatever your father told him to do.

 

The caveman was about to lie down when you suddenly knocked on the basement’s door.

 

Your father hurriedly ran to the door and locked it.

 

“Appa? Are you there? Have you eaten yet? It’s already dinner time, why aren’t you eating?”

 

 “Eureurong—I mean w-wait for a minute honey, appa is still finishing something”

 

“Okay dad, after that eat already okay? Say yes!”

 

“Yes~”

 

“Okay” you said and left the door.

 

 

Your father sighed and turned around “OH! Kkamjjagiya!” your father held his chest because he was shocked by the caveman’s face right before his.

 

“Eureurong?” the caveman asked.

 

Your father steped away from the caveman's face first before he spoke again “She’s my beautiful daughter, eureurongee eureureong”

 

The caveman nods.

 

“Eureurong eurong?” your father ask if he has a name.

 

The cave man nod again “eureurongee kai”

 

“So your name is kai? It do sound like pre-historic name”

 

“Eureurong?” the caveman ask what he have said

 

“Ah nothing, eureurong” he said and gestured Kai the caveman to go back to the laboratory table.

 

Kai climb up right away and lie flat in the back.

 

Your father walked away and returned with an injection.

 

“Eureurong?” Kai asked

 

“I’m sorry but I need to…”

 

“Ahh! Eu-Eureurong…” and with the stab of injection to the caveman’s body, he fall asleep.

 

“One year of sleeping Kai. I hope you’ll not be angry with me when you wake up”

 

 

- - -

 

 

 

A month had already passed and you still had no idea about the caveman your father is hiding in the basement. Mr.Seo had a plan to let you see Kai but not now, not yet. He already finished the experiment on the caveman’s brain changing its linguistic skill from pre-historic speaking to modern one but then he’s not yet awake so your father is just waiting for that time to come.

 

- - - 

 

 

It was one fine morning for you and your father.

 

He decided to cook breakfast for you, so you let him do so.

 

“Aegi what should I put next?” your father asked from the kitchen.

 

“Salt appa~” you shouted back from the living room.

 

It was the first time your father stepped foot inside the kitchen. Everything felt new to him, but he really wanted to try and cook for you.

 

“Salt~salt~” your father sang while searching for the iodine.

 

“Why can’t I find it hmm” your father search in the cabinet above the stove but he couldn’t find it there.

 

When he really couldn't find it, he began searching in another place

 

“Oh is this it?” your appa picked up some random jar near the sink. “It looks like salt though....” your father pinched what he thought was salt.

 

He put a little amount into the soup. “Isn’t this going to be bland?” He thought.

 

“Minkyu! Is it okay to add a lot of salt?” He shouted.

 

“It depends appa~ if it’s still tasteless then go put more” you said from the living room while playing with your snake.

 

Your appa didn’t hesitate and put a lot more ‘salt’ without even tasting it.

 

“Oh my god this is amazing!” Mr.Seo said after he smelled the soup. It was as if he just discovered something new!

 

You heard what your father said and smiled.

 

“Appa is it finished?” you said and returned your snake to its case and headed to the kitchen.

 

“Ani~ani~wait for a minute! I want to be the first one to taste my wonderful soup” he said and grab a spoon.

 

He scooped a good amount of soup to the spoon and directly tasted it.

 

You looked at your appa and saw how his expression darkens.

 

“Eh? Appa are you okay?”

 

And within seconds your father fainted.

 

“APPAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!” you shouted and knelt down right away.

 

You looked at the soup he cooked and to the container sitting at thing the side.

 

Chlorine.

It’s waht you use when cleaning kitchen tiles, sinks and everything that has to be cleaned. You grasped the bottle tightly and gritted your teeth in pain as you realized that he mistook the Chlorine bottle for salt.

 

“APPA WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID!!” you said while crying.

 

When your father fell, his head hit the ground quite hard.

 

“APPAAAAAAAAA!!” you said as the blood start to pool around his head.

 

Hurriedly grabbing your phone, you finally call the ambulance.

 

 

- - -

 

 

“H-how is he?” you asked the nurse while sobbing.

 

“He..”

 

“He what? He died? He’s dead? OH MY GOD NO! NOOO! NO WAY” you said anxiously.

 

 “Calm down miss he…he wants to talk to you”

 

You hurriedly run into the emergency room and burst through the doors.

 

“A-appa..” you said and held his hands “Appa you’ll stay alive right? Appa!!! Don’t leave me appa”  

 

“M-minkyu..” your father could hardly speak. “S-sorry f.for b-being s-stupppid”

 

“APPA…” you said crying “Appa I know already that you’re stupid what are you saying” you cried more.

 

Your father smiled for the last time and with that he died.

 

“APPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!” you shouted.

 

Suddenly, his eyes burst open for a brief moment.

 

“K-kai” he muttered and, for real now, died.

 


 

 

 

[A/N]

Comment, suggest, react and complain hahaha

#mycavemanjongin
Lemme see your reactions in twitter too!