Park So Eun

The boy who taught me how to feel

The lunch bell rang and I waited for the class to evacuate as usual.

But today Chan Yeol didn’t hop in with his lunch takeaway.

Unconsciously, I walked down the corridor and am standing in front of Class 2-7, looking for signs of Chan Yeol.

In the class are 2 students playing with imaginary swords.

“Err, excuse me. Do you know where Chan Yeol is?” I asked.

“Huh? Chan Yeol? We don’t know. Who are you? Don’t tell me even the Monster got a girlfriend for himself?” One of them answered and laughed to himself.

I couldn’t be bothered and walked off, although I could still faintly hear the other student shushing him: do you want to die! What if she tells him what you said?

When I got back to 2-1, I could see Chan Yeol’s back facing the door.

I didn’t notice the faint smile appearing on my face.

“Oh, Chan Yeol! I was just…..” I stopped my sentence when I realized another girl in the classroom too.

“Ah Mi! Where were you! Come, let me introduce you to our new-found friend, So Eun!”

“I went to .” I said coldly and bowed towards the girl as a basic form of courtesy.

She is pretty, I thought bitterly.

“Hahahaha, isn’t she funny!” Chan Yeol laughed exaggeratingly.

They spent the whole lunch break chatting, while I munched on my kim bab and revised Math - the same Math problem for 45 minutes, because I clearly could not concentrate on it.

Before lunch break ended, So Eun walked off earlier and Chan Yeol whispered into my ear before leaving, “Meet me at the library later! We have something to do.”