The (sort of) confession

The boy who taught me how to feel

Chan Yeol didn’t appear during lunch break today.
I packed my books slowly and went through I want to tell him in my mind.

“Eun Mi.” A voice interrupted my thoughts.

I turned around and saw my classmate, “Yes, Min Hee?”

“I see you’ve been hanging out with that boy from Class 2-7 a lot recently, huh?”

Chan Yeol? “Yea I guess so.”

“I don’t think you know, since you’re always so concentrated in your own little world. But that person is a Monster. Everyone knows that. They said he once bashed a person up so hard that he was hospitalized for a year, just because that person stared at him in the eyes. We’re the cream class here, and although I don’t want to admit it, you’re the best out of us. Do you know what the people from class 2-2 have been saying when they see you interacting with such a monster, from one of the lousiest classes? It’s doing our class-”

“Who said?” I interrupted.

“Huh, what do you mean?”

“I’m asking, who said that he bashed someone up, and who said that he’s a monster?”

“Oh, I… I don’t know. But everyone is talking about it, and-”

“So you can’t confirm if it’s true, right?”

“I…..”

“I can tell you what is true. I stare at him straight in the eyes all the time. Here I am, alive and kicking. You know I’ve always been concentrated in my own little world, and now he’s part of it. I don’t care what people from Class 2-2 says. In fact I don’t care what anyone else says. But I can tell you the real monster is you, and people like you. Spreading rumours which sources you don’t even know.” I said bluntly.

“Oh, Chan Yeol ah…..” I was shocked when I see him standing by the door.

Did he hear what Min Hee said? Would he get upset over it?

“No one wants to befriend a monster, right…?” I recall him saying.

He doesn’t look sad or angry, but just stared at me with his wide eyes.

“Um, just nice, since I wanted to talk to you.” I said as I pulled him away.