University Life

Till there was you
Please log in to read the full chapter

I don't have the face to show you guys :'(( Mianhae for the late update. I was really busy. I hope you'll enjoy this (boring) update. *ohhhh my back is aching for sitting 4 hours* hahaha

 

Jessica's POV

The sun starts to illuminate my room as its brightness striking my face. Great, why do I always forget to draw my curtain down everytime I got to bed? It’s very distracting that I can’t even continue my beautiful sleep, like hello, it feels forever since the last time I had a good night sleep. I have no choice but to wake up and start my day. But what is this? Why does my hand feels no strength at all? It seems like I have gripped onto something for so long. It feels so stiff that I can’t even do the “close open” hand exercise. As I stare down I found my phone just right beside my hand. What the hell is my phone doing there? I asked myself because I usually put my phone on my bedside table before I sleep. I shut my eyes and my brow starts to furrow as I try to remember what happened last night.

“See? You’re already sleepy. Please I don’t want to see you walking around the campus carrying those dark circles under your eyes” were the words echoing on my mind. I bolted right away from my bed and took my phone. Geez, why does this thing feels so hot? I tapped the screen and I was in agape when I saw that the “call duration” is still running, and it says here 6 hours and 21 seconds.

We talked. We really talked. I thought it was just a dream. That explains why I had a good night sleep. I knocked my head as I remembered falling asleep without even saying good night to her, I did not because I don’t want to end our conversation and I still want to hear her voice. But why? Why didn’t she end the call? I was staring blankly on the screen then I decided to put it on my ear. A smile crept on my lips as I hear Taeyeon’s breathing. She’s still in her slumber. Oh God, I didn’t know that behind her pretty face hides a snoring big baby. If only lips can be ripped out, I bet mine have been ripped already because of my ear to ear smile. It feels like I’m on my pre-teen stage who easily gets giddy on to small things. After a few minutes my phone starts beeping telling me that the battery is about to die. I sighed as I bring my heavy thumb to press the “end call”. Before my battery died, I still managed to send her a good morning message saying “Wake up and stop snoring you sleepy head :)”

Author's POV

The students are busy studying their lessons. Some of them are walking while reading their notes, some were on the grass field having a group study, others are sitting alone under the tree with their backs pressing against it, those who wants silence were in the library and those who wants privacy are in their respective flats. These are the usual scenes whenever the exam week is fast approaching; the campus looks so busy, noisy and crowded. But for Taeyeon, the word “Exam Week” is just an ordinary day as she feels no hustle, no cramming because she’s always ready, like a soldier who is fully equipped and ready to fight whenever there’s a war.

“If only I just listened to your advice about studying every day, maybe I’m already laying on that sofa right now instead of you” Yoona said while holding three thick books piled over her hands. She envies how Taeyeon and Seohyun watches television leisurely while eating snacks and does not show any trace of worries or anxieties on their faces about the exam. It has always been a tradition for Yoona to stay in Taeyeon’s place whenever the exam week is coming, and today, Seohyun, one of her flatmates tugged along with her, not to study but to relax. Say what?! *laughs*

“But you never listened” Taeyeon laughed as she put her arms over her head like a boss “Look how relaxed Seohyun and I” she added.

“Stop it, will you?” Yoona hissed “I’m going back to your room and don’t you dare disturb me” She started walking but came into a halt when Taeyeon called her.

“Im Yoona!”

“What?!” She said as she returned to the living area.

“Your phone, give it to me” Taeyeon commanded with her palm facing upwards.

“Phone? Why?! No way!”

“Did you forget how your dad instructed me to confiscate your phone whenever there’s an upcoming exam? Or do you want me to call him and –“

“Okay Stop! Just don’t call dad. I will surrender it now. The last time you called him about this thing he didn’t give my 1 month allowance” Yoona said like it was a rap and she starts typing some code on her phone

“What are you doing?” Taeyeon asked confusingly

“I’m putting passcode. I know how sneaky you are” Yoona sticks out her tongue as she hands to Taeyeon her phone.

“That’s useless ‘cause I always read your conversation with Yuri through her phone” Taeyeon said as she mirrored Yoona’s playful merong.

“That’s invading privacy!” Yoona ran away and went to Taeyeon’s room as she feels shy remembering the sweet and cheesy messages she have sent to Yuri, messages that could make your fingers curl. Taeyeon s

Please log in to read the full chapter