I'm Listening

Till there was you
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: I just want to say sorry especially to my subscribers for updating my story this late. *sobs* As much as I want to update "Till There Was You" my schedule won't allow me. I hope you will still read and support this Fic. :)

 

CHAPTER 13

 

TaengSic are heading back to their respective buildings, they are walking as if they don't know each other, no one is brave or confident enough to speak up and break the awkwardness. Sica, who seems to be so oblivious, doesn't notice that Taeyeon has been stealing glances at her.

After a few minutes of walking, they both reached the two paths that separates their buildings, left path connects Sica's and the other direction is Taeyeon's.

But Taeyeon noticed that Jessica is walking on the opposite way.

"Hey your building is right here" Taeyeon finally spoke up as she point Sica's building.

Jessica abruptly stopped from walking and turned to Taeyeon and shot her infamous icy glare.

"If you think I'm following you, you're wrong. I just need to return these" She showed the notes.

Instead of responding, Taeyeon just smiled and stared at her.

Jessica touched her face making sure there’s no dirt on it.

"Why are you smiling like a fool?"

"I just find it cute"

Jessica tilted her head on the right side, puzzled to what just Taeyeon said.

"Ha? What are you talking about?"

"That glare..." Taeyeon said as she points Sica's eyes "and your cold yet so calm voice, is very charming and attractive" Taeyeon blurted innocently.

On the other hand, Jessica suddenly felt butterflies crowding inside her stomach. She tried her best not to smile as she bit the inside of her left cheek. Taeyeon said those words nonchalantly, but for Sica it is the sweetest and honest compliment she ever heard and it all came from Taeyeon. 

"Is that a pick up line?" 

"I don't do pick up lines just to please people, Miss Jung" 

"Come on..." Taeyeon cut her off.

"There's something unique about you that makes you beautiful in every way" This time, the ice has melted. Jessica can feel her knees weakened as she heard Taeyeon's words. As if the master is trying to tame a tiger.

Jessica got speechless and after a few seconds she hugged and rubbed her arms.

"Are you cold?" Taeyeon asked as she saw Jessica hugging herself

"Uhh.. sort of"

"Let me carry those" She said as she took the notes from Sica's hand.

"It's not that heavy.." Sica tried to retrieve the notes but failed.

"Let's go?" Taeyeon asked. Jessica nodded.

She followed Jessica from behind, nobody's talking again. After a few minutes of walking, they reached Hara's place. Taeyeon was taken aback as she realized that she's standing infront of Gyuri's flat. Jessica pushed the doorbell and not long after the door swung open.

"Jessica! I thought you're not going to return the...." Hara was cut off by her own words as she takes a look above Jessica's shoulder to see the person she's with. Her eyes widened and immediately made a 90 degrees bow which made Jessica startled and dumbfounded of her friend's sudden action.

"Taeyeon sunbaenim.." She said after a doing the formal bow.

"Yaaa. Hara.. I told you not to bow on me and please, for the nth time, stop calling me sunbaenim,ok? Just call me unni" Taeyeon said as she met Sica's eyes.

"You know Taeyeon?" Jessica interrupted.

"Yeah.. She's a good friend of Gyuri unni, you know her, right? my flatmate"

Jessica replied with an "o" mouth shaped as she nods.

"Hara.... Have you seen my... Oh! Taeyeon ah!" Gyuri appeared out of nowhere. She walked towards Taeyeon and pat her right shoulder. She then looked at the other person standing beside Taeyeon.

"You're with Jessica? You know each other?" Taeyeon looked at Sica before turning her attention to Gyuri and smiled. And Gyuri was like "Ahhhh" 

"Anyway.. what brought you here?" Gyuri asked as she crossed her arms and leaned her body on the right side of the front door.

"I.. uh.. I'm.. accompanying Jessica, you know.. She's kinda new here" Taeyeon said as she scratched the back of her head.

"Oh I see...." Gyuri said as she seems not to notice Taeyeon stuttering.

"Hara.. here's your notes.. I gotta go now.. see you tomorrow" Jessica interrupted Tae and Gyuri's conversation.

"What? You're leaving already?" Hara said.

"Yeah.. I need to study so that I can at least catch up with the lessons that I missed" Jessica cutely pouted as she silently calculated the effort and time that she's going to spend for studying.

Hara let out a chuckle.

"How about you Taeyeon? Don't tell me you're leaving, too? Your flat is just right next to us" Gyuri said as she points the door next to them.

"You live there?" Jessica asked with furrowed eyebrows as she always picturing Taeyeon's flat in her mind. As to what it looks like.

"Yes" Taeyeon answered in monotone "...Sorry unni.. but I need to finalize some scripts and study, too. Hell week is coming, remember?"

"Right. Right.. Exam" Gyuri sighed.

"I guess we'll get going now?" Jessica said as she looked at Gyuri and Hara with a smile.

"Alright then... Bye guys, and Good night" Hara said and shut the door leaving Taeyeon and Jessica standing. 

Jessica stepped aside and started walking away, leaving Taeyeon standing alone on the front door. On the other hand, Taeyeon keeps on arguing with hersel

Please log in to read the full chapter