Anew

Till there was you
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

JESSICA'S POV

It's been three days now when Taeyeon and I had the intense confrontation night, and that three days caused me to lose my appetite, missed some classes and nagged by my professors for spacing out during their classes, I know, I'm physically present but mentally absent, in short I'm not in my real self.

It feels like as if my soul left my body and wandered and does not have any plans to return. Seohyun, my flat mate, who seems to notice my situation, has been consistent in delivering me meals in my room. I feel bad because I'm the unni but a maknae is taking care of me. 

I should be studying by now because next week is scheduled to be our exam and the week after that will be our Intramurals, but here I am, lying in my bed, locking myself in my room, acting like an old maiden and my mind being flooded by Taeyeon's thoughts.

 I still can't still figure out why she concluded and thinks that she's a rebound? And what really pissed me off is that she keeps on insisting it! and doesn’t want to hear my side. I can't believe I'm doing this to myself and it's all because of that irresistible midget!

I shook my head trying to brush off my anxieties from that incident. I reached for my phone that was placed on my desk and dialed Hara's number, my classmate.

*rings*

"HaRa, it's me, Jessica"

"Yaaaaa!! I've been calling you countless times! and why were you absent in our Obligation and Contract class?!

Geeeee.. I can feel my ears bleeding from her shout.

"Cool down, okay? I'm not feeling well, that's why"

I can hear her sighing.

"Sorry.. It's just that.. you made me worried.."

"Look, you don't have to, okay? I'm just perfectly fine "I said trying to sound happy and convincing.

"hmm. okay.. anyway, so what's up?"

"Uhhh.. Can I borrow your notes? I mean I’ll just have it photocopied and will return it right away"

She giggled.

"..What?" I said

"That's what you get if you skip classes" she laughed.

"I know! So can I borrow it? pretty please?"

"Yaa! You don't have to say it with aegyo! What time are you going to pick it?" I looked at my watch and saw that it is already 5:20 in the afternoon.

"6? Would that be fine?"

"Hmmm.. I have a class on 6, Jess.. but I can leave it here in my flat, you just come and get it, ok?"

"Yes! Thank you, Hara! You’re the best”

“Silly! Hmm.. I’ll hung up now, need to prepare things for my next class, bye!”

“Okay Okay.. bye! Thanks again”

*call ended*

I placed down my phone and climbed off from my bed then went outside of my room to get some glass of water. On my way to kitchen I ran to Yoona who is busy talking to her phone but suddenly hung up when she saw me.

“Unni! How have you been?” She said then pulled me for a hug. I was startled.

“Yeah I’m fine. W-Why are you asking?” I said as I pulled myself from her.

“You’re asking me why I’m asking you if you’re fine or not?”

“Uh.. Yeah?”

“You’ve been locking yourself in your room and you look so haggard. Oh My God, your dark circles are so visible!” she said as she examines my eyes with furrowed eyebrows.

“Dark circles?!! Oh my God!!” I exhaled then touched the said area on my face.

“Tsk Tsk” Was all Yoona’s response while shaking her head.

“..Anyway, I should go, I still have a class to catch.. and oh, you better rest, ok? Stop locking yourself.. bye!” Yoona said as she ran towards the door and went off.

So this is what I benefited from thinking too much of Taeyeon. I don’t know if Taeyeon shared to Yoona and Yuri as to what happened between us that night.

I went back to my room after quenching my thirst then changed my clothes to a more decent one. I can’t afford to roam around the campus in boxers; people would surely stare at me. I reached for my bag and looked for my shades, gosh, students will wonder for sure if they will see my wearing shades at this kind of time, but I have no choice, my dark circles , and I feel so lazy to apply a concealer.

======================================

As I was walking I realized that our school looks more beautiful at night. I looked at my watch and my eyes widened when I saw that it is already 6;30! I didn't know I was walking so slow. I accelarated the speed of my walk and in no time I reached their building. Hara said her flat is located on the 2nd floor, door 22. 

My head keeps on turning left and right while walking just to make sure I won't miss her room.

I stopped when I saw the engraved number 22 on the door. I pressed the doorbell and waited for like 10 seconds when somebody finally opened it.

"Oh.. Hi" I slightly bowed to the girl who opened the door for me.

"You must be Jessica" She beams. Hara might have told her that I'm coming.

"..Yeah.. and you are..?"

"Gyuri. Park Gyuri. Hara's flat mate" she said as she extends her hand to me for a shake hand.

"Nice meeting you" I smiled.

"...by the way, I'm here for.." she didn't let me finish my sentence.

"The notes.. Yeah, Hara told me about it. Come in, I'll get it for you" she said and let me come in and led me in their livi

Please log in to read the full chapter