What are we?

Till there was you
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Is she hiding something or what?” Jessica asked Yuri when Taeyeon left them and went to her room to continue the conversation she’s having over the phone. The tanned girl just shrugged her shoulders “There are a lot of things you still don’t know about Taeyeon” “Mind telling me then?” Yuri broke her attention to the show she’s watching and turned to Jessica “Guess I’m not in the position to tell you that” The blonde gave her a puzzled look “I should ask her then” Yuri slightly shook her head no as she placed a hand on Jessica’s thigh “Taeyeon..” she mumbled “that girl is very secretive, but don’t worry, she’ll surely tell you everything when the right time comes” Yuri smiled as she retrieve her hand from the blonde’s thigh and resume watching the television, Jessica nodded in agreement, but at the back of her mind the thought of Taeyeon being secretive and all is still bugging her.

“Your grandfather will be hysterical once he’ll know that I’m addressing you as Taeyeon only” The man softly said. Taeyeon ran her hand through her hair, annoyed. She hates it whenever someone calls her Miss Kim, it’s one of the few things that could drop her mood in instant.

“What is it this time? Wait, what?! Why would he give me something like that?” she raised her voice making the man she’s speaking with over the phone covered his ears.

“Because he’s rich?” Taeyeon rolled her eyes from the most obvious answer she ever heard.

“Tell him I don’t need it. I have a place within the campus and the stores outside the school are all walking distance”

“Taeyeon..” the man sighed “sooner or later you will – “

“Stop! I don’t want to hear it, and for the record, that will never happen” The person on the other line heaved another sigh which was loud enough for Taeyeon to hear.

“Anyway, a parcel will be delivered anytime today. It’s up to you whether you throw it or what. Call me if you need anything, bye Miss Kim”

“Wait! Butler Cho!” but the call had already ended leaving Taeyeon clutching her phone with frustration written all over her face. When she went out of her room she saw Jessica and Yoona laughing out loud on some variety show from the television, for some reason it made her smile, it was the first time she heard Jessica’s laugh, who would have thought that an ice princess like her could laugh that way? She made her towards them but the two girls were too busy laughing to notice her presence, Taeyeon rolled her eyes and faked a cough in attempt to get their attention and it magically worked! Yoona and Jessica synchronically turned their heads at the older girl “Where’s Yuri?” she asked and as if on cue the tanned girl appeared as she entered the flat “Taeng!” she hollered, Taeyeon smiled and eyed the small box that was on Yuri’s hand “What’s that?” The older girl pointed out her index finger and Yuri followed its direction “Oh, I almost forgot! This is for you” she handed the box to her friend but Taeyeon didn’t take it because she already knows what’s inside that box “Keep it” she said and went to the couch and sat down. Yuri furrowed her brows and followed Taeyeon “It’s from him¸ right?” Taeyeon nodded. Yuri already figured out when Taeyeon’s mood suddenly changed when she said that the parcel was for her. “Just this time, why not open it?” the older girl sighed, it’s not that she hates her grandfather, she just hate receiving gifts especially if there’s no occasion to celebrate with, and worst if it is an expensive one. She reached for the box and stared at it for like 10 good seconds before she pulled out the ribbon and opened the lid, Yuri who was so eager to know what’s inside the box took a peek and saw a shining black key, she gasped and grabbed the item “Woah, Taeng.. this is..” Taeyeon raised a hand telling her friend not to continue what she was about to say “You’re no fun” Yuri snorted while the older girl just mumbled whatever. “Yeah, she’s no fun” Jessica and Yoona who were both busy watching television butted in making Taeyeon snapped her head to them “Yah! You were eavesdropping!” “No, we’re not! Your voices were just loud enough for us to hear what you were talking about” Yoona retorted and reached for her Taco and took a big bite.

“Hey Jess” Yuri called out and the blonde hummed in response, her attention still on television.

“Can you accompany me and Yoona?” Taeyeon nudged her friend and gave her a what-are-you-doing look while Yuri playfully stuck her tongue out at her.

“Huh? Where to?”

“At a private place within the campus” Yuri winked while skillfully twirling the key on her finger. At first the blonde gave her a curious look before replying “Secret place? Is there something like that in our school?” Yuri smirked as she shifted her eyes to her bestfriend who was about to explode in annoyance “Oh Jessi.. Did you forget what I told you about secrets just a while ago?” Jessica furrowed her eyebrows what is she talking about? She thought to herself. Receiving no response from the girl, Yuri added “You will know one secret today” and that made Jessica realized what Yuri was talking about, a knowing smile crept on her face as she stood up and grabbed Yoona’s occupied hand that holds her taco which unfortunately fell on the floor “Ugh! Unnie!” Yoona kneeled down trying to pick the taco and to check if it is still edible “Eww, Yoong! That’s already dirty!” Jessica stopped the younger girl “I’ll buy one for you later, okay? Just throw that thing away” Yoona cutely pouted as she nods which earns her a pinch on the cheek from Jessica “Aigoo.. such a baby!”

Yuri is leaning her body against the doorframe as she waits for the two girls’ conversation to finish when Taeyeon went to her “Are you seriously doing this, Yul?”

“Yes” came a short reply from the taller girl.

“Yuri, please.. I will ret –“

“Let’s go!” Her words were cut short when Jessica came into scene with Yoona hooking arms with her. She sighed and shot her best friend a death glare that doesn’t even scary at all. The three girls started making their way out when Taeyeon hesitatingly called out for them “Aish! Wait up! I’m coming with you guys!” she jogged her way to them while Yuri silently fist pumped on the air while mumbling “Assa!”

“Holy Moly..” Yuri whispered while gawking at the handsome thing in front them. It was a white Lexus sedan. She pressed the unlock button that was on the key she was holding and a quick sound was heard and the headlight flashed indicating that it is the right car. She rushed to it and started brushing her hands as if it some newborn baby, she’s really enjoying it. “Lexus LS 460” Jessica nonchalantly said making Taeyeon’s head turned to her “You’re into cars?” amazement was evident on her face, while the blonde got a bit surprised, she didn’t know that Taeyeon heard what she said “Not really, it’s my dad who loves cars” the older girl replied with an “O” mouth shaped as she nods. “Taeyeon! Let’s do some test drive!’” Yuri hollered while waving her hand telling the three of them to come over “That’s not going to happen” Taeyeon crossed her arms over her chest making Yoona to hit the back of her head “You’re no fun unnie! That’s why you don’t have a love life” Taeyeon’s mouth dropped down but was able to closed it right away, she unconsciously looked at Jessica which in her surprise was already looking at her, she bit the bottom of her lip and said “Fine!” Yoona and Yuri were seriously the happiest people that time and they immediately hopped on the car and settled at the back, leaving Jessica to occupy the passenger’s seat. “You have a license?” she asked the moment they got into the car, Taeyeon nodded “Yeah, I got it two years ago” Jessica mouthed the word okay and Taeyeon looked at the rear mirror to check if the two have fastened their seatbelts, and she was right, they are not wearing it. “Guys…” they stopped from giggling when they heard Taeyeon calling them, she pointed out her finger to the seatbelt and they mentally smacked their foreheads for forgetting that thing, the two both know that Taeyeon have issues about seatbelts, and the reason for it was a big secret that only Yuri and Yoona know. They mouthed sorry to her when they finished buckling up. Taeyeon smiled and turn to her right side and saw that Jessica was not also wearing her seatbelt “Jessica” she called out and the girl turned to her “Yes?” the older girl leaned in making Jessica stiff on her position what the hell is she trying to do? she swallowed her saliva when Taeyeon’s face came near to hers. She shut her eyes and held her breath in process as she anticipates for the kiss.

“There, done” her eyes fluttered open only to be

Please log in to read the full chapter