Calm Down

Till there was you
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Ring! Ring! Ring!

The loud and annoying sound of alarm woke the girl from her deep slumber. With eyes still close she reaches for the device and tapped it off. “Now that’s better” she groggily said as she stretches her whole body. She blinked multiple times trying to ease the heaviness of her eyes and stared at the ceiling for awhile before standing up to start her day. She got out of her room and went straight to the dining area ready to grab and munch her breakfast, but the moment she reached the place her face faltered right away.

No French toast? No fried eggs? No milk? Yuri scratched her head in confusion. The table was completely empty. She turned to look at their sink. “That’s weird. It’s dry” she said to one, there’s no sign of Taeyeon washing the dishes.

Well it has been Yuri’s morning routine to wake up and eat Taeyeon’s self made breakfast meal. That explains why she woke up at the sound of her alarm clock and not by the smell of Taeyeon’s fried eggs or pancakes.

As far as she knows her bestfriend is a morning person, she hates staying in bed for so long especially at an hour like this, UNLESS her migraine attacks her.

“Maybe she went out for a walk” Yuri mumbled. She squinted her eyes and saw Taeyeon’s favorite sneakers nicely placed at the side of their door.

“I guess she didn’t” she immediately took her words back.

Her stomach grumbles, she held it and made a face.

“Taeyeon!” Yuri called out

“Come out, Come out, wherever you are!” She playfully said and went at the direction of her friend’s room. She held the doorknob and in no time Taeyeon’s door swung open. Yuri happily barged in onto her friend’s room. She halted on her tracks making dropped on the process at the scene being laid in front of her.

“What the hell is this?!” Yuri almost exclaimed but was able to muffle in time.

“Taeyeon brought a woman in her room..?” Yuri said in disbelief “..and even slept and spent the night with her?!” She added between whispers

“No no no no…that can’t be” She slapped both her cheeks and shook her head from the thought

She cannot confirm the identity of the girl because she has nestled her face deeply on the crook of Taeyeon’s neck. She then turned her attention to them when the girl stirred in her sleep and pulls out herself from snuggling Taeyeon making her face fully exposed to Yuri. The tan girl held and covered when she finally recognized the girl sleeping beside her bestfriend.

“Holy mother of god!!” This time she has not controlled herself as she exclaimed and Taeyeon bolted up right away with her hands shielding her head. She peeked between the gaps on fingers and saw that it was just Yuri with a shocked facial expression.

“Yuri?” She innocently called out

“W-why is Jessica with you?” A chuckle came and it was from Jessica, she pushed herself up and rests her back at Taeyeon’s headboard.

“I uh –“ Taeyeon scratched the back of her head, she cursed herself for not waking up early and missed to make breakfast for them, and worst, Yuri caught them sleeping together.

“I will just go outside and cook breakfast” She clamber down the bed and dashed out from her room leaving Jessica and Yuri confused.

“French toast or Pancakes?” Taeyeon cutely popped her head on the door.

“French toast!”

“Pancakes!”

Yuri and Jessica said in unison

“Guess I’ll make both” She smiled and shut the door behind them leaving the two girls staring at each other.

“What?” Jessica said.

“What did you two do last night?” Yuri crossed her arms

“Ask your friend” A sly smirk appeared on the blonde’s face making the taller girl’s brows furrowed in confusion.

“Why do I have to ask her if you can actually answer on your own?” says Yuri with her hands on her hips.

Jessica didn’t answer back; instead, she closed her eyes and went back sleeping.

“Don’t tell me you’re sleeping again?” She asked in disbelief, she looked at Taeyeon’s wall clock and the time says 9:22

“It’s your friend’s fault for tiring me so much last night” The blonde said nonchalantly, while on the other hand, Yuri had her hands covering her precious ears. Did she just hear it right?

Taeyeon and J-Jessica? Tired? All night?! What does that mean?!”

Unwanted images started flashing Yuri’s mind.

Shake it off, Yul. Taeyeon is an innocent kid, she can’t and definitely won’t do it. Yeahhh that’s right. Yuri smiled to herself from the mantras she have spoken inside her mind, but that smile faded right away when Jessica speaks again

“And she was heavy. Gosh, that really made me tired”

That drove Yuri insane, she can’t take it anymore so she dashed out from Taeyeon’s room and went straight to the kitchen to grab a glass of water to calm herself.

From the corner of her eyes she saw Taeyeon coming back from the living area, she immediately strode her way towards the shorter girl grabbing her collar on the smoothest way she can

“What.did.you.two.do.last.night?” Yuri said as she emphasized each word making the shorter girl shiver in fear.

“C-calm down, Yul. I’ll tell everything to you..” Taeyeon said with her hands trying to pry Yuri’s hands off from her collar.

“You really should, Taeyeon. As in NOW” Yuri made her eyes bigger in attempt to scare all the out of Taeyeon.

“But, let’s eat first, shall we?”The shorter girl showed her puppy eyes making Yuri want to puke. She just rolled her eyes as she nods.

“I’ll wake up Barbie” Yuri volunteered and Taeyeon smiled.

After almost half an hour of kicking, pulling, pushing, and rolling, Yuri finally got Jessica up from the bed. It was her first time encountering a person who is so hard to wake up despite the things she have done.  It was ten times harder compared to her trainings as she have concluded. You can wake Aurora up of Sleeping Beauty with a kiss, but with Jessica, a kick is not enough. She dragged the blonde out of Taeyeon’s room and let her sit on the chair. Yuri’s stomach grumbled the moment her eyes caught the meal that Taeyeon have prepared for them. French toast and Pancakes with a maple syrup on top of it. It wasn’t professionally done but who cares? She’s goddamn hungry right now so she started digging in followed by Jessica and lastly by Taeyeon.

They talked about what happened last night and Yuri almost got choked on her toast when Taeyeon clarified everything. The Taeyeon was so heavy was actually Jessica giving the older girl a piggy back ride. Yuri face palmed herself from thinking rated things earlier which earned the two girls a fistful laugh leaving the tan girl in full embarrassment.

Taeyeon also confessed to Yuri that she’s the mysterious graffiti artist making the taller girl to stand up and strangle her, she almost died from the lack of air and Jessica didn’t even budge to help her, she was busy munching her pancake. But at the end, Yuri said sorry to Taeyeon for strangling her, she was mad not because Taeyeon is the artist, she was mad because of the possibilities that might have happened to her bestfriend from sneaking out of the campus and for walking alone on empty streets just to find a perfect wall for her so called art. She reprimanded Taeyeon from doing it, but the older girl just showed her goofy grin to her. They finished their breakfast and Jessica offered to wash the dishes but Yuri told her that she don’t have to because she’s a guest, the blonde only rolled her eyes but agreed nonetheless.

Jessica went to Taeyeon’s room to get her clothes and change but the moment she entered the room she saw the girl busily cleaning her long play records “So old soul really exist?” The blonde said in her mind.

“Ahem” Jessica cleared in attempt to get the older girl’s attention. Taeyeon then turned and saw Jessica leaning her body against the doorframe staring back at her, Taeyeon smiled and the blonde happily returned the smile.

“What are those?” Jessica asked as she points the large black circular plate that Taeyeon was holding.

“Oh, this is called long play record”

“Gosh, I bet that is older than my grandfather” Jessica said as she went to Taeyeon’s bed and sat down. It’s not her first time getting that k

Please log in to read the full chapter