That Strange Night

Till there was you
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It's 4pm and I'm laying lazily on my bed. I can't think of anything to kill my boredom. I'm not sleepy but I forced myself to sleep. I shut my eyes. Images of Jessica suddenly flushed in my mind. Scenes from this morning keeps on replaying especially the one where we stared intensely at each other and when her lips slightly brushed mine. Her scent still lingers on me. I'm feeling the butterflies again. It tickles. I need to sleep, I need to sleep, I'm hypnotizing myself. Then I dozed off to my slumber soundly.

The sound of raindrops disturbed my sleep. I rubbed my eyes and tilt my head to check the clock that is hung on the wall. I blinked multiple times. CRAP! It's already 8:18! I'm laaaaaate! I immediately jumped off from my bed. My body is trembling. I don't know what to bring. Damn, how can I forget to set an alarm?

I ran towards the door and made loud footsteps as I go downstairs. Now what? It's raining and I don't have an umbrella. No choice but I have to run under the heavy rain. I ran as fast as I could.

Finally I reached their building but I'm all soaked and freezing.

I climbed upstairs.

I was about to press the doorbell when I saw that the door was actually open. Without second thoughts I immediately entered their flat. I stood up at Jessica's door and knocked.

The door opened. Jessica was surprised to see me

"Oh My God Taeyeon"

"I..t-told y-you.... I d-don't break p-promis...es" I said. I can feel my body shaking. I'm feeling so cold right now.

"Come. Get inside you need to change clothes" she pulled my hand.

"Take off your clothes"

"What?"

"I said take off your clothes if you don't want to die from freezing" she hand me her clothes and new set of underwear and bra.

"....you can change there" she pointed her restroom. I did as I was told.
I took a quick shower and put the clothes that she lend me. Now I'm feeling better.

"I would understand if you can't make it tonight" she said with a trace of worry in her face.

"It's okay. I'm already here"

"Now I'm feeling guilty. What if you'll catch a cold?"

"Come on Jess, don't be, okay?"

"....anyway where's your assignment?"

"You need to rest. We can do that tomorrow. Besides I still have 3 days before its due"

"But... Jess"

"Tsk tsk. No more buts Kim Taeyeon" she's like a terror professor.

I sighed.

"Now what should I do?" I asked

"Sleep" She said in a monotone.

"Sleep? This early?"

"You're a hard headed person, Taeng. Just sleep, ok?"

For the 3rd time I followed her. I went to her couch.

"Yaaa! Not there. Your back will get hurt. You sleep in my bed"

Her bed? Not again. I did not utter a single word and just went to her bed. As I was about to lie down the power went off. Crap, it's so dark. Without second thoughts I immediately ran towards Jessica, I know I can’t see her, but I’m so freaking afraid of dark! It’s a phobia that I never overcome, I don’t know when and how it started.

“Je..Jessica?” I called out her name.

“Hey, I’m right here” I followed the sound of her voice. I heard her footsteps approaching me.

“..You’re afraid of dark?” She

Please log in to read the full chapter