First day of school (part 2)

Brighten my world

 

You walked down the hall. On your way you saw some of the classrooms you would have lessons in, the library which was pretty huge, the gym when you looked out of the window and lastly your classroom.

'The school looks pretty nice' you thought. The thing you liked the most was that you didn't see any weird things here.

After you finished the little tour you went back to the office. "Are you finished looking around? Then wait a few minutes. School starts in a few minutes. If you wait we can go together and I'll introduce you to your new class, okay?" a young teacher said. The answer was a confident nod, not showing the slightest nervousness.

"Okay." he said and smiled. By now the school was starting to fill with students. They were running through the hall, joking around with each other, smiling and laughing from ear to ear. 'How I envy them'

After some minutes it went silent an the hallways. Then the teacher came in again and told you to follow him. You stood up and followed him to the classroom you visited earlier. The only difference was that it was filled with laughing students now. Your teacher told you to wait a minute and you did as he told you. He slid the door open and went in.

"Good morning class." "Good morning seonsaeng-nim." the class said in unison. "I'm going to introduce you a new student. She is a transfer student from germany."

At the word "she" the boys in the class jerked up and gave all their attention to the door, waiting in anticipation as they hoped it would be a pretty girl.

The teacher looked at you, signaling you to come in. You took a really deep breath before you stepped in with confidence. You now stood next to your teacher. 'What to do? What if they don't want to be my friends and I'll end up being a loner again? I hope they don't misunderstand me because of my non emotional face.'

You looked up to face the class. When you lifted your face you could hear the students gasp in surprise. 'Oh no! I knew this was going to happen.' You closed your eyes since you didn't want to embarrass yourself even more.

"Woah! What a beauty! We're really lucky." a boy said to his friends which made you open your eyes and look at them. Even thought the girls were jealous of your looks, they weren't able to give you hateful looks. They could only stare at you in awe and had no choice but to think of you as pretty and cute. You let out a sigh of relief before you started to introduce yourself to them.

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Lee Hyomi. Please take care of me." you said with an emotionless face and bowed.

"Like I've already mentioned earlier she came from germany, so is there something you want to ask Hyomi-shi?" the teacher told his students.

"How old are you?" "I'm 18 years old but I'll be 19 in december." you answered. "Do you have a boyfriend?" "No, not yet." "Woohoo!! That means we still have a chance." a boy whooed while high-fiving his friends.

'Idiots' you thought. You then answered the rest of the questions, until you reached the last question.

"I want to ask you a question that you don't have to answer if you feel uneasy about it." a girl said. 'I think I know where this is leading to.' "Go on." you told her and she continued.

"Why are you always having the same expression on your face?"

The class immediately went silent. They now all had a serious look on their face, looking at you with curious eyes, waiting for you to answer.

'I knew it' It wasn't the first time you heard the question, but you always felt weird when someone asked about your expression. "Why is your expression always the same?" "Why don't you laugh once?" "Why isn't your expression changing? Don't you have any fellings?" These questions scarred your pitiful heart and you had enough of hearing them. Still you remained calm and answered.

"Something bad happened to me when I was young. It's something psychological. I can't laugh nor cry nor do anything else. So please don't misunderstand me because of my face. I'd appreciate it if you could ignore it since it makes me feel a little uncomfortable. Just treat me normally. Thank you" you finished and looked at your teachers that smiled at you.

"Thank you, you can sit down now." he said and told you where to sit. There were many free seats but they were already occupied by students who were absent. You nodded and went to your new seat where you sat down. Your seat was right next to the window, you looked out and forgot the sad memories when you saw the beautiful view.

Everytime someone reminded you of that incident you got really sad. But because of not being able to let it out, you had to let everything in, trying to handle with it alone. You tried it with boxing, dancing, singing...everything that could release the stress. You would even climb on a big hill and scream out loud, but nothing helped to ease the pain in your heart. The only thing that helped you a bit was when you watched the beautiful view on top of a big building, hills, and so on. You loved the night view of cities, you adored the night view of Seoul the most.

You gulped down the big lump that tied up your throat and wouldn't let you breath. You finally managed to focus on the lessons.

                                                                                    ►►►

At lunch you went out of the school building. You went to the backyard. It was big and most important there was nobody. You found a little bench in front of some bushes and trees where you sat down. You closed your eyes and inhaled the fresh air, the warm sun rays were caressing your cheeks, the gentle summer breeze playing with your black hair. Feeling freshened you opened your eyes again. You  took out your lunchbox. The best thing to eat in summer, sweet fresh fruits. You ate the fruits and drank some juice. When the bell rang you packed everything away and stood up. 'I'm happy' Your mood went up again and you walked into the building where you enjoyed the rest of the lessons until school was finished. "See you all tomorrow." you said and waved at your new classmates as you exited the classroom. "Have a good day." "See ya." they shouted so that you could hear it.

As you walked home you felt totally motivated. The day had been fun. It was the most exciting day you had since that incident. 'I'm looking forward to tomorrow'

 


 

How is it? Please comment, subscribe, update or whatever.

Curse me if you want ^_^

Just tell me everything that's bothering you about this story or if you like it.

Thanks to all my new subscribers - luv ya <3<3<3

See you next time

 Lots of Kisses N' Hugs <3<3<3

 - Lemlouma