Teach me

Brighten my world

 >>Sorry for the super long wait, guys~
I had such a big cliffhanger and didn't even notice how fast the time went by...
But here is your well deserved Chapter.
<<

Enjoy!
 


 

I sighed.
"You're just complete idiots who never learn, right..." I said, nagging at the six boys in front of me.

They looked down at the ground, covered in bruises.
"Mi~ It's my fault. I got provoked by those guys and because of me they also got hurt" Ricky said with a pouty face.
I grabbed his lip and pulled at it.
"Stop acting cute. It won't save your sorry ." I let go of him and sighed.
"If you can't fight then don't do it."

At that they all looked up at me.
"Don't say something you will regret later on." Cap growled standing up. He was trying to act tough.
I walked towards him and stopped in front of him.
We stood silent for a good minute, just glaring at each other before I only had to poke his stomach for him to weaken and bend over in pain.

"Shut up and listen." I said and he sat down again, clutching his stomach.

"You are idiots who fight with your fists. But you have to use more than the power in your arms to win. Everybody can fight.
But not everybody does it right. You have to use your brain.
If you only rely on your power then you'll eventually go down and you'll keep on losing."

"I don't get it."

I grabbed my coat and put it on.
"First off, stop getting into fights..." I said while pulling out the hair from under my coat.
"You mean we have to heal first?" Niel asked and I looked at him before snapping my finger on his forehead.
"No, idiot. I mean you're going into Hiatus for now. So don't even go near a fight for the time being."
"But..."
"No but! You'll learn how to fight, but not to hurt people... instead it's to protect those dear to you. I'll train you all. So take care of your injuries, sleep plenty and don't go out at night. I'll call you soon and tell you where to meet."
They looked at me, dumbstruck and speechless. I passed them and hit them all on the head.
"And this was for ruining my time with friends..." I said, feeling a little weird about it.

Then I exited their house...

Flashback

We were on our way to the Noraebang when my phone vibrated inside my pocket. I pulled it out and looked at the screen.

'1 new Message'

I opened it, it was from Niel.
I got a little nervous, because of whatever reason.

After reading through it I looked at my classmates.
"Sorry, something just came up. I have to go see somebody. Just go on without me." I said and pulled out a few bills that I gave Naeun, telling her to pay with the money.

"Oh, come on... Why again?" Naeun whined.
"I'm sorry, it's important. I promise we'll do something all together next time." I said and gave her a small awkward hug before bowing at the others and shortly meeting eyes with Kai.

I then turned around and went to the bus station before driving over to the address Niel told me to come to.

End of Flashback

'These idiots' I thought to myself before leaving.

I walked down the street in the middle of the night. Sighing I shook my head. "They're still kids after all."
I didn't know why I couldn't get them out of my head. I looked up at the sky and inhaled the fresh air.
I thought about several things. My mind was occupied with the thoughts of finally getting the letter, but she didn't show up for the past few days. Then there was the other ghost girl named Mina - she didn't show up earlier today. But I guess I'll gather more information when I start working there. For now I should go home first and rest a while. I have school to attend to tomorrow after all.

I hurried home, it was surprisingly crowed even though it was past midnight. 'Teenagers these days...'
I entered my warm safety zone und went to my room after taking off my shoes and coat. There I changed into some comfortable clothes. My stomach was growling since I didn't eat anything after school. So I jogged to my kitchen and decided to fill my belly with some water. I went back to my bedroom and eyed my schoolbag. I opened it and pulled out the little stack of paper, which Andy handed over to me. I would fill it out tomorrow after school and sign the contract. And I could send it to him afterwards.

Other than that... I'll finally have to grow a pair of balls and visit the old rundown building... I can't keep running away from it forever.
I put the contract onto my desk and went to bed.This weekend wouldn't be very pleasant.

I closed my eyes and waited for sleep to take me over. It was silent.

Suddenly my radio was . I opened my eyes wide and my breath hitched. Suddenly my bedroom door creaked loudly behind me. A wave of chills ran down my spine and I felt cold to my bones.
'Don't turn around... don't turn around... Don't. Turn. Around!'

I slowly turned around and looked at my once closed door, which was now wide open, and looked into nothing but darkness.
But then there were some weird sounds coming from the hallway.

"Crk.... crark!"
It was like someone was breaking his own bones in my hallway and the sound made the hair in my neck stand.
I quickly sat up, not ripping my gaze away from the door. I could hear silent gargles, pained moans and gasps. The cracking noise continued but the sound of nails scratching the floor was added. I was starting to go insane.
The Radio kept getting louder while they played some creepy songs.
'Tiny Tim's - Tiptoe Through the Tulips...' I thought to myself. And without leaving the door out of my eyes I reached out for the Radio, trying to change the freaking channel... but instead it only got louder.
In the end it got me so irritated, that I just grabbed it, pulled it and threw it across the bedroom. Everything went silent.
I waited for a few seconds, not moving the slightest bit, just to make sure, that everything was over.
I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding and sighed in relief, closing my eyes and tiredly running my hand over my face and through my hair.

"Crck!" I stiffened, the sound was louder than ever... sounding like it came right from my door.
I slowly raised my head and looked at the door.

"Tiptoe
through the window
by the window,
that is where I'll be.
Come tiptoe through the Tulips with me..."


Shocked I looked at the Radio on the floor. It wasn't even plugged into the socket anymore, so how could that be?
I pressed my hands on my ears and looked back at the open doorway.
And then I saw it. A girl, her bones all twisted and her bloody body. The sight made my insides churn.
The feeling of vomit raising into my throat made me sick. Never have I seen such a thing.

"Back away... He's mine! DON'T GO NEAR HIM OR YOU'LL REGRET IT!" she hissed.
That was her, Min-Ah.

Suddenly I was the one flying through the room. I hit the mirror and landed on the floor with a loud thud.
The air left my lungs at once. The pieces of broken glass cut through my skin and I had a big gush on the side of my head.
"You little..." I hissed with gritted teeth. I sat up und pulled myself to my feet.
I ran out of the room and just when I was near the staircase I was thrown against a bookshelf. A few books went flying out of their places and fell on me while I shielded my head. I gathered my energy and tried to stand again. I went to the Staircase but something pushed me and I went rolling... rolling down the whole staircase before stopping on the first floor.
Feeling helpless I couldn't move and rolled onto my back.
Out of nowhere my bell rang violently and the sound of someone pounding on my front door filled the whole house.

I turned my head to look at it and rolled back onto my side. Slowly I got up again, taking my sweet time, and limped to the door before leaning on the wall next to it.

"Who's there?" I asked, my voice cracking a little.
"Hyomi? Are you there? Are you alright?" I recognized the voice. The nice granny next door. I breathed deeply before eventually opening the front door a little, only showing my face without letting her see my injuries.
"Can I help you?" I asked.
"Is everything alright? I heard some crashing sounds." she said worried, trying to take a peek inside.
"Yes... no, I'm sorry for disturbing you. I was watching a movie and I unintentionally turned up the volume too much. Excuse me."
"Are you sure everything is alright?" she asked again.
"Yeah, otherwise I wouldn't be standing here, right." I tried to reason and she nodded.

"Alright. Then I'll go back to sleep. Call me if you need something." she said and smiled, I nodded.
"Thank you. And I apologize again."

She left and I closed the door. Veeeeeery slowly I slid down the door and leaned on the door.
"I need to hurry to the hospital..." I was loosing blood and I my wounds should get tended to.
So I crawled to my chucks, put them on and pulled my long coat from the hook. I stood up and gathered my keys and cell phone, as well as my purse, before I left the house and locked the door.

I started walking, but the hospital would be too far away. There were no cabs near and I had to somehow get to the hospital.
I thought about calling one of the boys but decided not to. They were injured and shouldn't walk, nor should they drive.
So I did the next best thing I could think of.
I stood at the roadside and lifted my right hand to stop the passing cars.
Most of them just passed by, but then one black car stopped in front of me and I looked at the tinted window.
The window slowly went down.

"Need a lift?" the young woman asked.
I nodded and jumped in.
"Thank you."