Safety first

Brighten my world

 

"There haven't been any major injuries. But you should still be a little careful from now on. You might sometimes get a little dizzy or your sight gets blurry. If that is the case you should sit or lay down for a while.
And don't stress yourself too much, headaches could also occur if you get too stressed. That's all. If you feel like something is wrong, please come by and get a check-up."

"Thanks. I will." I said after he finished talking. I stood from my seat and put my coat on.
He also stood up and I took his hand to shake it.
"Good night." I bowed a little then left.

I walked out of the hospital, limping slightly. I didn't really want to go home. Because I knew, that there still was the possibility that 'it' would return. And I was really lucky that someone stopped to take me to the hospital.
Yet, she could follow me everywhere. Even if I wanted to hide, she would find me. I had no time to be scared.
So I just walked home. I walked up the stairs and came to an halt in front of my door. I eyed the small box.

'Again...'

My throat was clogged, it was hard to breath. Slowly I crouched down to pick it up. Still outside I opened it.
Inside were pictures of an old rusty building, in the middle of nowhere.

'Aren't you going to search for me? I'm already waiting for you~'

He was trying to mock me. I crumbled the box with my hands and opened my door before I dashed inside and threw it into the trash.
I locked everything up and then ran up the stairs, not caring about the mess. I threw myself on the bed and looked out of the window.

I closed my eyes and rolled myself into a fetus position.
'Leave me alone, leave me alone!' I chanted again and again, before I at some point just fell asleep, at least I didn't have to worry about her. She didn't return that night.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

The next morning I stood up and tried to find out what time it was, only to realize that I had thrown the radio away and smashed it.
With a sigh I pulled out my handy. "Too early..." I grumbled to myself.
I had no choice but to stand up and get ready. I entered the bathroom and saw my reflection in the mirror, so I decided to take a shower. Because I didn't want to go to school and look like a zombie with all the bruises that developed over night and the dried blood. So I peeled all my clothes off of my body and took a long, warm shower.

Feeling fresh I put on my uniform and packed necessary things, then went down for breakfast.
I picked up my bag and put on my coat. As I walked by a mirror I remembered my cut up face.
", now I look like I'm part of some dangerous organization." I mumbled and put on my favorite black sneakers.
And off to school I went.

 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

 

"Okay class. I want you to redo number 1 on page 60. I'll collect a few ones. Class dismissed." the math teacher said, a charming smile plastered on her face. While all the others started to talk to each other I started to work on my homework.
It was better to finish it up at school than having to do it at home. On top of that they were easy.

I looked up when I heard several footsteps entering the classroom.

"Ah. There you are." Naeun said and I put my pen down.
"Do you need me for something?" I asked her and she skipped over.
"No, but since History teach is absent today we have a free lesson. Enough time to talk." she beamed and sat down next to me.
"How was yesterday? Did you have fun?" I asked her while focusing on the task.
"It was great. You should've been there. It was hilarious." she laughed only remembering the previous day.
I nodded. "That's great. I'll make sure to come next time."

She started talking about various things and I'd answer her whenever she directed a question at me.
But suddenly something caught my attention and I looked up at the door. 'She' was standing there, looking at me as if she was waiting for me to follow her.

"Naeun-ah, sorry but could you wait for a minute. I have to go to the restroom very quick." I told her as soon as she finished her sentence. "Oh, sure. Take your time." she said smiling and I nodded before standing up. I hurried out and went to follow her. She stopped in a hallway that was empty.

"What is it?" I asked her and watched as she finally turned to me.
"Did you come to tell me where to-" She shook her head, cutting me off.
"You have to be careful. She is trying to hurt you." she said, almost making me laugh.
I opened my mouth to speak. But before I could say a thing she vanished again.

I sighed. I slowly walked back to the classroom and went to my seat again.
'What did she mean with that?'

Naeun smiled at me and I decided to listen to her stories and talk more.

 

As I walked out of the school building I saw Naeun talking to some of her classmates. So I decided not to disturb her. Instead I waited at the school entrance until she noticed me and came over.

“Hey. Are you waiting for somebody? If not we could go eat something together. Whar do you say?“

“Sure.“ I nodded before adding, “Is Taemin coming along?“ to which she nodded with a smile.

“I hope you don't mind.“ 

I shook my head. “Not at all. When is he coming?“ She looked around before she turned to face me. “He should be on his way.“

And just a few secondes later Taemin walked out of the building, smiling as soon as he spotted his girlfriend. They greeted each other with a small kiss while I started walking to give them some privacy.

“Let's go.“ I said and heard a childish giggle behind me.

“Coming!“ they shouted at the same time.

“Come on. I'll take you home.“ I told them as we exited the restaurant. The sun was starting to set.

“You don't have to do that. We're alright.“

“You don't have to be polite with me. It doesn't trouble me even the slightest bit. So get in.“ I told them while getting into my car. Seeing that they couldn't argue with me they climbed into the backseat. While driving it was entertaining to listen to them.  That was until I suddenly saw Mina standing in the middle of the road, glaring at me.

“What the- !“ I cursed and stepped onto the break, surprising the other two sitting in the back, grunting at the sudden stop. I Iooked up in bewilderment, my heart beating way faster than it should.

“What happened?“ Taemin asked shocked. “Just... just a stray dog.“ I said, not knowing what kind of lie to tell.

“Is everything alright with the both of you?“ I asked and turned my head around to face them.

“Yeah. Good thing we were strapped...“ Taemin said with a small smile. “Who knows what would have happened if not.“

I simply nodded.

'Maybe that's what she was talking about...'