First Day (part 1)

Brighten my world

Sorry, guys. It took me so much to finally update, but that I was busy wasn't the only reason...
However, did you already see my new trailer which my good friend Ylaria JongIn made for me? If no then you have to watch it, just go back to the foreword~
I worked long on this chapter so I hope you enjoy it (~^o^~)

 


Mondays... there's nothing I hate more than Mondays!

After taking Taemin and Naeun home the week before I went home and filled out the papers Andy had given me and sent them to his home the morning after.
Teen Top were still absent from school. I admit, the silence was pure heaven. Yet there were so many things bugging me these days. I never felt this stressed.
But for now I decided to forget all the problems.

I was sitting in class, not even listening to the words that came out of the teachers mouth. I wanted to leave, so as soon as the bell rang I jumped up, packed my things and hurried out from the classroom.

I swear, without homeworks, exams, essays and all that learning school would be my favorite place to hang out at.
I passed by the library to greet Mrs.Shin.
 And like always she greeted me back with a warm smile. I handed her a little box filled with homemade pastries - even I had a sweet tooth - and told her to give them to her husband. She was so thankful she looked cute. I bid her goodbye and left to get some clothes out of my locker.


(Sorry, I had a different picture but it didn't work, so this was  the best I could find in the short period of time I had. I hope you all don't mind)


Even though it was so cold outside I would have to survive the weather, since I forgot to take something with me to wear underneath.
'I hope the coffee shop will be warm enough'
Grabbing everything together I walked out after changing in the restroom. On my way I greeted some seniors and juniors that greeted me.
They were actually quite friendly.

I walked out of the building and passed the gates before I turned around the corner to go to the coffee shop.

It didn't take long, but it sure felt like a long time since it was so cold I couldn't feel my feet anymore.
I pushed the door open and entered, feeling like I was walking through a cloud of coffee aroma, pure bliss. I felt the heavy worries leaving my shoulders, making me fly. I would thank Minseok later.

I walked inside, ignoring the stares of customers and their whispers..."Hey, Chanyeol." I greeted him while passing by. Today he was alone.
"Ah, pretty customer~ I'm glad you came." he just said and grinned. Weird boy.
"Can you handle all these people alone?" I asked him with a blank face.
"Well, I'll manage." he simply said and my heart warmed up a little. They never even dared to complain about how hard their work was, they were so mature.

I gave him an encouraging pat on the shoulder before turning away, whispering a small "You did well." before I walked away and went into the kitchen.
"Hey guys." I greeted only to get crushed by a hug.

"Huimang! You took so long. Go wash your hands and put an apron on. Then take out these orders and come back."
'Wow... that's not what I expected.' I shrugged my shoulders and muttered a quick "Alright."

He instantly let go of me and I shortly greeted the other guys before I went to get an apron. Chen was nice enough to quickly tour me around and even showed me a small locker to hang my jacket and place my bag in. Afterwards I washed my hands and tied my hair up in a high ponytail.

I took out the first order.
"Here are your orders gentlemen. I hope you haven't been waiting for too long." I said placing their orders down. I took the tray and bowed to them.
"Enjoy."

I left and went back to the kitchen where more orders were waiting, together with a pile of unwashed dishes that I had to clean. A few minutes passed by, turning into hours. But every time I thought about resting a little I only had to take a look at the hardworking guys in front of me which gave me the will to endure it and continue. It really wasn't easy.

I took out another tray full of orders and I swear my whole body would be aching by the end of the day, but I still had a long time to go. There was no time to feel tired. So I pulled myself together the whole time and used all the energy I had collected in the few seconds I had in the kitchen, and walked out of the kitchen, tray in one palm. I brought it over to the table near the counter where a group of guys were sitting. I placed all the orders down.
"There you are, gentlemen. I hope you didn't wait long. Please enjoy." I said and without another word turned to leave but I felt confused when I found myself in someone's lap instead of the kitchen.

I turned my head and came face to face with a guy, a customer. "Stay here. We want your company." he said while pulling out a few bills.
I shifted my gaze from the money to his face and shook my head. "I'm sorry, sir..."
'Not really' "But this is a normal coffee shop. We don't do things like these here. There are other customers for me to serve." I said, trying to stand up. And of course he didn't get what I was telling him, or he ignored it.
Either way, I was a little annoyed.

"Stay." he said again and I inwardly sighed.
"Look, I'm really tired right now and the last thing I want is trouble. So would you please be nice enough to let go of me and I won't have to report this." I said, even though he was never going to get me into real trouble. I could always defend myself, but I at least wanted to stay professional. At least for the sake of Andy and the guys. I looked right into his eyes and waited for his answer, not looking away, always keeping the same strong gaze that showed people that I was afraid of nothing and nobody. For a second something flashed in his eyes.

"Is everything alright over here?" Chanyeol asked slowly approaching, making me turn my head to his direction.
Then I looked back at the guy. "Yeah, everything is fine, right?"
The guy looked back at me and slowly nodded with a smile. He then released his grip around my waist. I stood up and straightened my clothes.
"I'm Yongguk by the way." he told me. I bowed and looked into his eyes once again. "I'll remember it." I simply said and went towards Chanyeol.
"Thanks." I said, then passed him, the tray still in my hand as I went to wipe a few tables and pick up the empty dishes. As I returned to the kitchen Chanyeol was already back behind the cash register, taking orders. He threw a smile to my direction and I returned it with a nod of my head.

I entered the kitchen and put the tray down, picking the next one up just to have it snatched away by Kris. I looked up at him in surprise.
"I'll handle the orders, stay here." he said, not even looking at me. I wondered whether he saw the scene outside. Shaking the thoughts away I nodded a little and instead went to wipe the floor a little, making sure not to get in the way.

Afterwards I washed the dishes and helped Minseok a little, watching him prepare several cups of coffee. Really, how could he stand in front of the coffee machine the whole day? Okay, he does other things too but he prepares the coffee most of the time.

"Wanna try it now?" he asked me. "Can I?"
"Yeah, sure."

I tried it and I admit, the feeling was something else. "Wow, you're better in this than Chen."
I bowed my head a little. "Thank you."

"Alright, go take a break now. You really worked hard." he said, massaging my shoulders. I felt all the stress lifting off of my shoulders. But instead of doing as he told me I shook my head.
"I'll rest when there's nothing to do anymore. There are still customers left and I want to help wherever I can." I told him. I knew that if I wanted to I could still keep going. I would help where I could, even if it was only washing the dishes or seeing if we were short on any ingredients.

"Kris is handling the orders, so you just go take a rest."
And that moment I knew that they guys had witnessed the things that happened outside. I was surprised. Did they feel like they had to protect me?

"You know..." I started as I looked at him with soft eyes. "...I can't hide in the kitchen forever."
Of course I did feel thankful. They didn't even really know me. It was the second time they even saw me, for some the third time, and we barely talked because there was so much work. And yet they were so nice and helped me out and they wanted to keep me safe by keeping me in the kitchen.

"Thank you." I said and bowed. I didn't want to cause more trouble for any of them so I, for now, listened to him.

I decided to take a short break. "I'll take the trash out and then I'll take a break if that's okay with you." I told him.
For a second he stared at me in surprise, then he smiled and nodded.
"Thanks. The others hate to take out the trash. Usually, we wait for Jongin to arrive since he always takes it out but it seems he's a little late today."

'Jongin?'

"You're welcome. Is Jongin another worker here?" I asked him and he nodded.
"I'll introduce him to you when he gets here. There are a few other guys you still haven't met yet." and I nodded.

I turned and walked over to the bin. with ease I picked it up and held onto it with one arm.
"Woah, for such a small girl she really does have some strength." I heard Sehun whisper with his slight lisp.
I walked out to the back door - after asking one of the boys to show me the way - and pushed the heavy door open, securing it to stay open.
As I emptied the contents of the bin I heard the shuffling of feet near me. They day was cloudy, so it was darker at this time, and standing in an alley made it just a little bit worse. Not that I was scared, just that there was a possibility that this was some murderer. Okay, maybe I was overreacting.
But when I lowered the bin and slowly turned around my breath hitched, this was by far worse than my theory of a murderer.

"You're getting too close to him... I told you to stay away!" she shrieked loudly and I let go of the bin to cover my ears.
I felt fear build up in me. I never felt scared of them... but this one actually did frighten me a bit. Memories of our last encounter appeared in my mind, that night when she threw me around like a rag doll. She was dangerous.

Normally, ghosts weren't able to move anything other than their selves... but this one could actually do harm. That's why, for once, I wasn't surprised when my heart picked up on speed. No noise left my mouth as I watched her approaching with big eyes. Her head was lowered and her hair fell like a curtain over her face, her shoes scraped the ground as she lazily dragged them towards me and as she came closer I felt like running away, just wanting to create enough space to feel safe.

My breath hitched once again when she halted and suddenly raised her head a little, yet not enough to show her face.
The hair on my body stood up as goose bumps spread over my skin when she spoke, her voice making me shudder, it felt like ice cubes were slowly making their way down my spine.

"You're going to regret it."

 


 

So, this was the first chapter after... who knows how long~

Please leave a comment and tell me if you liked it or if there is something bothering you <3<3<3

Kisses n' Hugs

 - Lemlouma <3