037

Contractual Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CEDRIC YZAK

“Cedy, you know uncle Chanie looks like you” Ha Young suddenly blurted out as we entered one of the rooms in the house that they were staying in. Fortunately, this room had what we were looking for – an electric keyboard.

“ha? What are you saying Young ah?”

Ha Young sat on the bed and crossed her arms. “you both have big ears, you both have dimples, you both have a thing for music and I don’t know, the two of you just seem so alike, I can’t explain it quite well. And oh yeah, you both are good looking” Ha Young remarked. I scrunched up my face as I tried to think about what Ha Young said.

I am good looking?

“but I think uncle Chanie looks better looking” Ha Young added. I immediately glared at her. What did she just say?

“what?” she asked getting aware of my glare at her. I quickly averted my eyes from her then to the keyboard and said, “it’s because I’m still young that’s why he looks better. When I grow up and hit puberty I’m definitely sure I am more good looking than he is”

“maybe. But, anyways when are you going to Korea? Are you and auntie Taeyeon really going to move there?” she asked excitedly.

“well, yeah. Omma said that after this recital and when school ends this year we’re going to stay in Korea already. We’ll meet my appa and will be starting to attend school there too” I answered. Yes, Omma said she’ll let  me meet my appa who is in Korea.

I haven’t met him since before. It has always been me and my mom, well there is uncle Jongdae too. According to Omma, my appa is a good person and that is why she loves him. It just so happened that appa did something wrong while they were still together and that is why they are apart. But, nonetheless she said that my appa loves me as much as she loves me.

“you’re going to go to school there? Oh my gosh, I can’t wait! We’ll be in the same grade and hopefully in the same class too” she squealed. I knocked on her forehead and she groaned.

“aw! What was that for?”

“Young ah, did you forget? I started school earlier than you did, so we won’t be in the same grade and definitely not in the same class. And also, I am a few months older, so you should start calling me oppa” I reminded her and she pouted. I just laughed at her reaction and positioned my hand on the keys. “so, what do you want to hear?” I asked as I smiled from ear to ear.

CHANYEOL

“has anyone seen Ha Young?” Sehun suddenly asked.

The five of us, men are seated in the living room, lounging and talking about random stuff, catching up with each one of us. Sehun is now the chief doctor of their hospital. Kris has now extended his law firm to Japan. Chansung’s architectural firm has been booming too. Kyuhyun on the other hand has fully blown their company in China and they are planning to move to China which is why Yoona is giving up her position as SM’s CEO.

The girls are in the kitchen cleaning up and preparing some desserts and well of course some drinks. And now that Sehun mentioned it, Ha Young isn’t anywhere around. Everyone looked around and I soon realized that Cedy wasn’t around too. Sehun stood up and checked the porch. I stood up and was about to check the kitchen to see if the kids were there but I had to stop on my tracks instantly.

“where is Cedy?” Taeyeon asked as she stepped in the living room and noticed what I noticed too.

“they’re not there?” I asked and she shook her head.

“calm down guys, they must be just around the house” Kris said

“you’re just saying that because you don’t have a child yet” Sehun replied as he started to panic.

“aigoo, such a daughter-crazy husband, Jessica” Tiffany said as she walked pass by me and Taeyeon who were standing by the doorway of the kitchen as she made her way to sit beside Kris. “just sit down and relax babe, the two can’t probably cause a problem” Jessica added as she dragged her husband back to the living room.

“but babe Ha Young might injure herself…” Sehun whined

“Sehun ah, Cedy’s with your princess, he’ll take care of her” Sojin interjected as she placed the platter of snacks on the coffee table before sitting beside Chansung.

“yeah, so sit your back here Sehun. Cedy’s a responsible boy he won’t let Ha Young to get harmed” Chansung added and we all laughed at how Sehun worried about his little girl. Yoona seemed puzzled as she made her way down the stairs and asked, “what’s going on?”

“it’s just Sehun being a daughter-crazy-father as he is” Kyuhyun answered and motioned for Yoona to sit beside him. Yoona did sit beside him and mentioned, “oh I saw the kids going up the stairs”

And before Sehun could even say something, Taeyeon already beat him to it. “I’ll go check on them, so just do as they say Sehun. Jessica needs you to be beside him always, right Jess?” Taeyeon said in a teasing manner before she turned around.

Kris signaled me to go after Taeyeon.

“I’m going with you” I called out and she turned around and smiled awkwardly before saying, “okay” and quickly turned her back on me to climb up the stairs.

I saw the teasing look that everyone had and I felt nervous all of a sudden. I haven’t talked much to Taeyeon over dinner because I couldn’t find anything to say her, not even a single thing. I don’t know what to say. I was just simply going along with their talks, laughing along, nodding along and sorts. I was also busy observing Cedy. After Kris told me what I’ve forgotten, I feel so awfully stupid.

Now, I remembered why he left. He went to the seminary and now he is a priest. I also just learned that he was running an orphanage. Taeyeon has been helping out there along with Cedy, so like the other kids who call hyung ‘daddy’, Cedy also started calling him ‘daddy’.

We silently climbed up the stairs and then heard a few giggles. We followed the sound of their giggles and stopped in front of my room.

“who’s room is this?” Taeyeon asked

“mine” I answered as I slowly opened the door. “oops, I apologize then. They’ve probably went through your things” Taeyeon whispered. I smiled at her and whispered back, “it’s okay”

We peeked and saw the two kids enjoying their time together. Cedric was playing the organ in my room while Ha Young was sitting beside him smiling from ear to ear.

“Cedy ah, play it again” Ha Young said.

Cedy scratched the back of his head and groaned, “I'm tired, Young ah”

Ha Young pouted and showed off her puppy eyes and pleaded, “please Cedric. I really think you’re the best. So please? Come on”. Ha Young continually pleaded as she tugged on Cedric’s arm.

Cedric gave up and shrugged Ha Young off of him, “okay, okay. Stop shaking me”. Ha Young smiled victoriously upon hearing Cedric surrender. “but Young ah, you should know that I am not the best. There is someone better than me” Cedy said earning a frown from Ha Young. “what? I don’t think so, Cedy. I think you definitely are the best”

“omma said that appa is the best when it comes to the piano” Cedric stated.

“but you never heard your appa play the piano, right?” Ha Young asked and Cedy nodded. So, Cedy never met his dad? Oh god, am I really his dad?

“then, you’re the best after all. Because we haven’t heard him play yet. Maybe for auntie your dad is the best, but for me, you’re the best” Ha Young explained and landed a kiss on Cedy’s cheeks.

“it was a good idea that Sehun stayed in the living room” I whispered making Taeyeon chuckle a bit.

“yeah, I think so too. Maybe we should just leave them here on their own” Taeyeon suggested as she slowly closed the door. She suddenly looked up and that was when I realized that this was the closest that we’ve been for 5 years now. Up close, she’s more than just breath taking. My eyes stared into her beautiful orbs and my heart thumped like crazy as the butterflies in my stomach started to flutter.

I didn’t realize that I was holding my breath until she looked down to her feet before she started walking back to the living room. I was stoned as I stood by the door.

“Yeol, aren’t you going back?” Taeyeon’s question brought me out of daze and then I realized that Taeyeon was already at the first step down the stairs.

“ha?... I-uh… yeah” I stuttered before walking behind her.

And we were at it again. We were both silent as we walked to the living room. I’ve been battling in my head whether I should confront Taeyeon and ask who Cedric’s father is or should I just wait for her to tell me that it’s me. But, it doesn’t make sense if he is my son. I mean, Taeyeon had a miscarriage and Cedric’s just 4, if he was my son he should already be 5.

I finally decided to ask her to clarify all the things that’s been bugging me but before I knew it, we were already in the living room and the joyous laughter of our friends could already be heard.

“so? where are the kids?” Sehun worriedly asked as soon as he noticed that Taeyeon and I already stepped in the living room. “hey, calm down little brother. Ha Young is in Chanyeol’s room listening to Cedy’s music. Just let them be okay? They’re having fun” Taeyeon answered.

Sehun heaved a sigh and calmed down. Taeyeon sat on the empty space between Tiffany and Jessica. I was about to sit down on the space between Kris and Yoona when suddenly Yoona pulled Kris along with Tiffany now emptying the space beside Taeyeon.

Supportive friends, aren’t they? Making me sit beside Taeyeon. Can’t they be more obvious than this? Is it that easy to see that I am still in love with her? Well, I won’t deny it anyways.

I ended up sitting beside Taeyeon. It felt awkward but it also felt right. Being beside her, being close to her is what I want most but I can’t erase the fact that there is still an awkward air between us. Unlike the rest who are with us in the living room, Taeyeon and I had something which unfortunately ended in a bad way.

Just like at dinner we just talked about random stuff as we jugged down some bottles of beer, well except for Jessica who’s pregnant.

“how about let’s play spin the bottle?” Chansung suddenly suggested.

“aren’t we too old for that?” Kyuhyun rebutted

“just you honey, just you” Yoona teased making Kyuhyun hyung pout. “ugh, but seriously guys. Isn’t that too much of a kids’ game? I mean we probably know each one of us enough to black mail each other” Kyuhyun reasoned out.

“honey, stop chickening out. Okay?” Yoona cooed and kissed Kyuhyun’s cheek making Kyuhyun heave a sigh in surrender.

 I don’t know if it was me or did the space became smaller. It seemed like I was pushed closer to Taeyeon, so I placed my hand behind her so that we could sit comfortably and I won’t come crashing on her. I looked over to Tiffany who I presume was feigning innocence of my close proximity to Taeyeon. Unlike Tiffany, my cousin, Sojin who was sitting opposite to us however was making faces that seemed to say ‘good job’ or ‘way to go’

I am not a hypocrite who would deny the fact that I am grateful with their efforts of mending me and Taeyeon. It is a good help to me since I am still madly in love with Taeyeon. However, I am not quite sure about Taeyeon’s side. I don’t want her to feel uncomfortable and I definitely do not want to ward her off.

“okay, let’s start!” Chansung announced and spun the bottle. And the bottle pointed Im Yoona, I mean Cho Yoona.

“truth!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter