035

Contractual Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHANYEOL

“M-m-m-Mr. Park?!”  Kris’ secretary asked as she was startled by my sudden appearance. I just gave her a smile and nodded my head.

“yes, it is me. It’s been awhile hasn’t it, Luna?”I replied and she nodded her head and gave me a bow. “is Kris in? or is he in a meeting right now?” I asked. She shook her head andanswered, “no, he’s currently available, Mr. Park."

I nodded my head in acknowledgement. "Do you want me to inform Attorney Wu of your presence?” she asked  me and I shook my head before proceeding to Kris’ office. “he wouldn’t be surprised if you inform him, right?”

I opened the door right away expecting Kris wasn’t occupied but turns out I was wrong.

“yes, Cedy. I will be there don’t worry”

[it’s a promise, uncle. Okay? Or else you will never see me again uncle. I won't be present on your wedding day] Kris laughed heartily at the remarks of what seemed to be a kid over a video call. He looked up and finally noticed my presence by the door. He nods his head in acknowledgement of my presence.

“okay, Ced. It’s a promise. I’ve got to go now, little Prince. My client’s here. Talk to you soon. Take care of your mom, okay?”

[okay, uncle. Bye! I love you *chup*]

Kris smiles and then turns off his laptop.

“hi, Yeol!” Kris greets me as he walks to the seat opposite to mine. “it’s nice to see you again. it’s been like what? Ten? Fifteen years? Sorry I wasn't able to fetch you from the airport, I thought your plane arrives in a few more hours” he adds

“it’s been just five years, hyung. It hasn’t been that long. And I wanted to surprise you and not be a burden too” I answered and he nods his head.

“glad you finally decided to come back. Are you back for good now? Yoona would really be delighted to have you back in Seoul again. She’s been having a hard time handling the CEO position of SM Entertainment, you know?”

“I'm back for good, I guess. Yoona has been bugging me to come back and take over the company. But I think Yoona’s handling company well. I heard SM’s doing great lately" I replied to which he nods his head in agreement.

After everything that happened five years ago, I left Korea and let my cousins take over the company that I was inheriting. I gave JYP up to Cheondung hyung becuase one is enough for me and besides, I know he can knows JYPE better than I do. As for SME, Yoona agreed to take care of it while I am away and look for my self.

“Yes, indeed it is. However, we both know that business isn't her thing. She's been struggling really hard" he points out and I agree with him. "So, what made you decide to come back? Are you bored of your life as hermit now?

I chuckled a bit, “your wedding’s coming up, I can’t miss it. That’s how much I love you hyung” I said with a cheeky grin. “I’m sorry Chanyeol, but I am taken. And for your information, bromance is gross” Kris said while he fakes throwing up. We both laughed at his remark then I remembered something.

“oh, by the way. Who was that kid you were video chatting with? You seemed really fond of him” I remarked after our laughter died down. A huge smile was plastered on his face, but it seemed creepy, you know, his knowing yet creepy smile.

“oh, that was Cedric. He’s my nephew who’s living in New York.  Do you want to see a photo of him?” he asked. I just smiled before shaking my head. “it’s fine, I know he’s good looking. Because definitely good looks run in the family, right?”

“you bet, Yeol. You bet” he answers with an even wider smile.

“so, how is she?” I asked.

“she’s doing fine. She’s been receiving treatment and she’s responding well to it. It’s a good thing that her brother is supporting her. Their parents are gone and they only have each other now” he replied which made me feel a wave of relief.

“that’s good to hear hyung. Thank you for taking care of her”

“it’s nothing, she’s like a sister to me”

I smiled in satisfaction with Kris’ answer.

“what’s with the creepy smile? Are you plotting something?” he asked. I shook my head and answered, “I’m just happy that even if I ed up my life, that you practically took care of, you still accepted me. You still care about me and you still treat me as a friend”

“well, who do you expect would accept you if not us, your friends? What kind of a friend would I be if I don’t do so? Besides, I can see that you’ve straighten up. As long as you don't stay ed up it's totally fine and I'll be your friend” he answered

“thanks hyung, up to this day I still thank you for that night”

Kris hyung called me and Sehun to our usual place. Well, it was our usual place before I studied abroad and then got married and now we are all busy with our lives. This meeting was supposed to happena week ago but Kris had to fly to Beijing to settle some issues. Among the three of us, I arrived second, Kris was already drinking in the bar while Sehun was still on the way. I approached Kris and greeted him but he didn’t greet back. He just stared at me and then went back to his drink.

Though it was dark, I still noticed that Kris looked tired and exhausted.

“hyung, what’s the problem?” I asked but it was as if I wasn’t beside him, he completely ignored me. “hyung, tell me about it? I want to help. Is it about Tiffany?” I asked again. This time Kris reacted with a smirk but then he continued jugging down his drink.

“hyung…”

“I’m not the one who has a problem, Chanyeol. You are” he finally spoke. His tone was icy and his glare was throwing daggers at me.

“w-w-what do you mean, hyung?” I asked but he ignored me again. I was getting pissed and so I slammed my hand on the bar, “what the ?!” I cursed. Kris stood up and paid for his drik then walked out of the bar. I followed him out.

“you called us out saying we need to discuss something important. And now that we’re here, you’re wasting our time and not just that, you are ignoring me like I’m air” I exploded. Kris clicked his tongue before he looked back at me again.

“let’s talk about it when Sehun arrives… I’m not sure if I can still hold my temper on you” he says as he turned his back on me. I knitted my eyebrows, quite stunned and a little bit provoked by his remark. “oh yeah?! Then let’s see what you can do then?!” I challenged as I held Kris up with his collar.

“Taeyeon’s dad died”

I felt as though a bucket of cold water was splashed on me. My hands started to shake. I let go of Kris’ collar and was about to go to my car so that I can run to Taeyeon’s side. I need to be with her, she needs me the most now. But, suddenly Kris sneered at me “where do you think you’re going?”. Kris grabbed me and pushed me to the ground making me wince in pain.

“what the fu--?!” I complained but was cut short when suddenly his fist came across my face.

“you still got guts to face Taeyeon after betraying her?!” he growled and I was stunned by his statement. He was hovering over me and was gripping my collar tightly. I can see his anger rising and I know he was trying his best not to land another fist on my face.

“Taeyeon loves you so much Yeol, and yet you chose to hurt her. What the heck were you thinking?! Why did you have to betray Taeyeon now?! Why?!”

Kris was more than angry and  even though I didn't fully understand what he was talking about I was more than willing to get punched by him.

Kris set my head straight that night but I guess I was too late.

“well, you have to thank Sehun too. Even me and that kid were both really angry at you, we still managed to prevent a permanent scar on your face” he said and we both chuckled. “I am dropping by his hospital later and I’m going to visit her too” I answered.

“you better be, he was angry when you didn’t attend his wedding you know? But, I  don’t think he’ll be that angry as that night. And do visit her, that’ll make her happy”

We chatted for awhile before I had to leave because I still need to go to an interview for a magazine that was set up by my grandfathers. I couldn’t say no to them anymore, they’re both getting old and I shouldn’t disappoint them any further. So, I had no choice but to go. But before I went to the interview I dropped by Sehun’s place.

“oh my god! Chanyeol!” Jessica squealed as she opened the door and saw me. I grinned at her and she jumped to hug me, I hugged her back soon after. I am in front of Sehun’s office in the hospital and was about to knock when Jessica opened the door for me.

“hey, pregnant woman. Be careful, will you?” an annoyed Sehun then soon followed her. Jessica then let go of my neck and glared at her husband. “well, excuse me Mr. grumpy but I am just happy to see someone whom I haven’t seen in awhile. And for your information, I know how to take care of myself. Remember, this is our second child already?” Jessica shot back.

“whatever,” Sehun shrugged and Jessica stuck her tongue out. Then Sehun added, “just go and take care of yourself. I love you”

“I will, I love you too” Jessica answered and kissed Sehun’s cheeks before she turned to me again. “I really want to talk and catch with you right now Yeol, but our little girl needs me so I really need to go now. So, see you later and I’m glad you’re back by the way” she bid and kissed my cheek.

“glad to be back to Jess” I answered.

Jessica waved goodbye and soon left. Sehun cleared his throat and gained my attention.

“would you like to step inside?” he asked and I nodded.

Sehun and I sat in silence in his office for awhile before he broke his silence.

“you know, I’m still upset with you hyung”

“yeah, I know. I’m sorry” I apologized and smiled at him. “I’ll be there on your second child’s christening though” I reassured him and he just nodded his head.

“so, you’re back for good?”

“probably, Yoona wants me to be back in the company because she said the stress is impairing her to get pregnant. My grandfathers are bugging me too. So, yeah I’m back for good” I answered

“have you gone to Kris hyung?" he asked

“yeah, I did. He was talking to his nephew, Cedric, when I got to his office. And I never knew he had such a soft spot for kids” I said marveling at what I previously witnessed. “you met, Cedy?” he asked with wide eyes. “you know him too?” I asked back.

“well, yeah. I know him. So, have you met him?” he asked again and I shook my head. “they were having a video chat and when I came in they  were bidding goodbye already” I said and earned some nods from Sehun.

“why?”

“oh no, nothing”

“by the way, Sehun ah.”

“yeah?”

“thanks for punching me hard that night”

“you know I had too, hyung. So, you don’t need to thank me”

Sehun came running pull Kris away from me as soon as he arrived.

“what the hell is going on here?!” he asked  looking from Kris to me and back to Kris. None of us answered and it made Sehun angrier and frustrated. “now is not the time to fight, for pete’s sake! Taeyeon is having a difficult time and here you are fighting instead of comforting her. The heck is wrong with you two?!”

Kris then threw a brown envelope in our midst and from there pictures that I never knew were taken came out. What the heck?! Before I could even react, Sehun already grabbed me by the collar.

“what the is this?!”

I didn’t answer back. I don’t know how to answer them. I just stared at Sehun not knowing what to say.

“answer me!” he demanded but I still did not find my voice to answer him. I can see frustration in his face because of my silence. And yet another fist landed on my face, this time it was from Sehun. He punched me twice and I found no reason to fight back. I know I was wrong, I am so wrong.

After two punches, he stopped. He was hovering over me, holding my collar tightly. And for the first time, I saw Sehun cry in front of me. Oh Sehun, the friend that I tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter