001

Contractual Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh, this is a good piece” Sooyoung, my boss complimented

“really?”

“yes… by the way, a new artist will sing this song” she answered

“eh? Who is it?” I asked curiously, knowing that there are a lot of trainees working in our company. I wonder who will sing the song I composed

“well, I can’t tell you yet because the boss doesn’t want to leak any information regarding the artist” she simply answered

“oh, really? I hope that person will like it” I remarked. I bid her farewell and left her office.

Oh by the way, I am Kim Taeyeon, 25 years old. I work as a lyricist, band member and as a substitute driver. Yes, I have 3 different jobs. Life is hard after all. After leaving Sooyoung’s office, I headed towards the café where my friends and I planned to meet.

“Kim Taeyeon!” I looked at my side to see who called me. It was Jessica and Tiffany, my two best friends.

“Hi!” I greeted

“Have you heard the news?” Jessica asked

“What news?” I asked in reply

“Bang Minah is getting married to Park Cheondung, Chanyeol’s cousin” Tiffany answered

“what?!” I was surprised to hear such thing. I know that Chanyeol and Minah’s relationship was long over, but to think she replaced Chanyeol with his own cousin? Wouldn't that be really awkward?

“yeah, apparently they’ve been dating for six years now” Jessica added

“what?! So that means her break up with Chanyeol was because of Cheondung?!”

“well, we can't really tell. Chanyeol's been in abroad for almost seven years now” Jessica speculated. My heart sank thinking about what we just talked about. Though I haven’t experienced such thing, but based on how I see it betrayal is something that hurts a person so much and leaves scars to the person who experienced it. And worse comes to worse, he was betrayed by his own relative. I've never been in a relationship, I didn't have time for that.

"I knew it. something was really off when those two attend social events together" Jessica remarked.

“aigoo, Taeyonie… you’re worrying because of him again” Tiffany

“move on girl, he’s so far away now” Jessica

“yah! Who said I still like him? And besides, he probably doesn’t even remember me” I hissed. The two of them just shrugged their shoulders showing they don’t believe me. Well, what I said was true. I mean, why in the world would he remember about my existence?

He is considered the king of our school. He had the perfect physique, tall, lanky and the perfect face. He wasn’t all just physically attractive. He is also smart. There was never a semester that he didn’t make it to the top three for our year level. Along with his smartness, he was also wealthy. Not that I’m swooning because of his wealth, but he is just too fortunate to be the heir of the two richest family in Korea. But what made me like him the most was his kindness. Despite being rich, handsome and smart, he wasn’t in the very slightest way smug or snob. He was so down to earth.

-flashback-

It was the first year of high school. Being a poor girl who got into Jaeguk High School by a scholarship, I was of course treated as an eye sore by the wealthy chaebols of the school. Every single day was a living hell. Until one day, another bullying day for them. We were having an activity in the school gym for our PE. And sadly, we had to play basketball which I desperately in. I am a nerd with completely no physical coordination.

“Yah! Nerd!” one student shouted at me. I looked their way and I was faced with balls flying my way. The balls were followed by harsh words and laughter.

It hurts like hell. Almost every ball hit me. I felt the bruise making its way through my skin. Not only was I hurt physically, I was also hurt mentally and psychologically.  Every word they said hurt me mentally, putting my confidence to the very bottom of an abyss. I shut my eyes as I started to tear up. By far, this is the worst thing that they did to me. Then suddenly, the balls stopped flying, so did their laughter.

The whole gym became quite.

I opened my eyes and saw a tall man standing before me. He was holding a ball with his right hand. Everyone seemed scared of him.

“Brats, being rich doesn’t give you any right to hurt someone. Especially people who are weak” he said in a low but menacing tone. The crowd started to disperse, then he faced me.

My guardian angel.

That’s the thought that came into my mind as soon as he faced me. He was so beautiful

“Are you okay?” he asked as he offered me his hand for me to stand.

“y-yes”

“aish, they definitely are going overboard” he hissed as he tried to fix my hair. I blushed and felt my heart flutter.

“yah, Park Chanyeol!” someone called from behind.So his name is Chanyeol?

Oh, so he is the one that the girls in class were talking about.

He turned to face the one who called him.  And two beautiful beings came into my sight. But the two of them gave off a deadly aura

“what?” Chanyeol asks

“aiya, you suddenly left the game and all you’ll  just say is what?” the taller one asks as the two of them walked closer to us

“mianhe, Kris hyung” Chanyeol apologized. So the taller one is Kris

“tsss, so typical of you Chanyeol hyung to save someone” the other one said

Chanyeol just chuckled

“Ah, you should go to the infirmary” Chanyeol said as he faced me again

“wow, they really went off board today” Kris remarked after observing my state as soon as they were near us. "Are you okay?" Kris asks

"yah, hyung can't you see how she is? of course she's not" the other one answered

Chanyeol's phone beeped. He immediately read the message.

“Sehunie, Kris hyung, can you accompany her to the infirmary? I still need to meet Minah” Chanyeol said. So the other one's name is Sehun

“aish, lover boy… arasso, arasso” Kris said as he waved his hand. Lover boy? So that means he likes someone. And her name is Minah. Isn't Minah the name of that beautiful girl?

“Gomawo… I gotta go, bye!” Chanyeol bid farewell before leaving

“Ah… Chanyeol ssi!” I called out, after finally finding the words I needed to say

“yes?”

“Gomawo….” I said, while tears threatened to pour out. He smiled and finally left. My tears finally escaped and Sehun offered me his handkerchief and the two of them accompanied me to the infirmary. Despite them looking so mean, they aren't that mean after all. Just proves that birds of the same feather flock together.

-end of flashback-

“Taeyeon!... Kim Taeyeon!” Jessica called out for me while waving her hand in front of me

“hmmm?”

“aigoo, spacing out just because the topic is Park Chanyeol again” Tiffany

“and she claims to be over him” Jessica

I just rolled my eyes and heaved a sigh.

 

 

Ahhhh…. After almost seven years, I’m finally back to Korea.

I heaved a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter