023

Contractual Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHANYEOL

“so, tell me Yeol is it just purely business or is there pleasure included already?” Kris asked as he relaxed himself on the couch of my office. We have just settled in my office after we had our meeting with the board of directors. The topic? My upcoming birthday.

 “what do you mean hyung?” I asked closing my eyes as I relaxed on my swivel chair.  “you know, you and Taeyeon.. are you just pretending to be mushy or what?” he asked leaning forward while he interlocked his fingers below his chin.

What Kris asked actually bothered me for quite some time now. Because I seriously do not know. I’ve been acting weird lately too. I don’t understand myself. A week has passed since Taeyeon was hospitalized; she was just admitted for two days because she doesn’t want to miss school for long. I haven’t done anything grand yet as I promised her all I did was just bring and fetch her to and from school.

I just heaved out a sigh and answered Kris “that, I don’t know too hyung, I really don’t know”

“Chanyeol” Minah called out while we were walking back to our hotel room.

“yeah?” I answered but did not face her. I was busy checking my phone finding out whether or not I have accidentally blocked Taeyeon’s number. She hasn’t contacted me. Aish, maybe I should just call her later instead once I’m in my hotel room.

“ why did you get married right away?” that question from Minah got my attention. She stopped walking and so did I. I glanced at her and saw that same expression when we broke up, when she told me it wasn’t working for both of us because I’m too busy pitying myself. She seemed frustrated and I don’t know why. For some reasons she seemed pissed off after I told the media that we are just friends so it wasn’t really awkward working together and that Taeyeon knows very well that the thing between me and  Minah is just in the past.

“ha? What do you mean? Isn’t it obvious why?” I answered her with another question. I tore my attention away from my phone and shoved my hands in my pocket “I don’t want to let someone as important as her out of my life”

“I don’t believe you” she stated. I raised my eyebrow confused as to why she’s saying all of these right now. “I don’t believe that you love her, a part of me is saying that this is all just an act” she firmly stated.

“why do you think so?” I asked sounding calm, trying to hide my panicking self from Minah

“I just know” she answered looking down on her feet. She started walking ahead of me. We both were silent. I don’t want to explain things to her, I don’t need to. And I definitely don’t want to blow our cover in front of Minah. But, come to think about it I think I am starting to long for Taeyeon. Am I just falling for her? Or am I just too immersed in our pretend love for each other?

“you should have waited for me, you know” Minah muttered as she stopped in front of her hotel room door. That got me confused. What does she mean? I just stared questioningly at her and she shook her head as if erasing something off her mind. “good night, Yeol” she kissed my cheeks and entered her room.

“the way I see it you are starting to feel something for Taeyeon” Kris’ voice penetrated my ear and got me back to him.

“it’s not a bad thing, right?” I asked him and he just grinned. “of course it’s not!… it’s the best thing that could happen” Kris answered.

“you do realize that you made me really pissed when I came back from my trip, don’t you?” I asked and Kris just smiled. “well you were such an for not telling Taeyeon just because you are with Minah. I had to do something though I think I really am sorry because there were some moments that I had the urge to steal your wife” Kris answered

“you, what?!” I exclaimed getting up from my seat. “hey, chill down dude. You know very well that I have my principles and stealing someone’s wife is totally against it” Kris tried to reassure me. “and besides not even my five year girlfriend can change what my heart feels towards a certain woman. I am no rival to you dude” he added.

“so you really admit now that you’ve always been in love with Hwang Miyoung?” I teased recovering my cool after suddenly blowing up just a little while ago.

“I never mentioned a name” was all Kris could say. I was about to say something and but suddenly his phone rang.

“Oh Taengo, why’d you call?... ah, right now?... I’m with Chanyeol… yeah… okay… be there… bye!”

“Taeyeon?” I asked. Kris just smiled and fixed his coat as he stood up from his seat. “yah! Was it Taeyeon? Why did she call?” I asked again now standing up and walking towards him.

“chill down jealous husband. Yes, it was her. Taeyeon is just helping me out. Don’t worry, she’s just like a little sister to me” he answered tapping my shoulder. Before I could say anything more he already walked out of my office, leaving me dumbfounded.

I grabbed my phone and sent Taeyeon a message

To : Wifey

Msg : Babe, where are you and Kris going? Can’t I tag along?

Wifey : no way babe. I’m giving you time to look for Kris’ gift. You should thank me.

You : gift?

Wifey : don’t tell you forgot that it is his birthday today? Just pick me up later, I’ll text you

You : ok

-end of conversation-

! It’s November 6th?! It’s Kris’ birthday and I totally forgot?! What kind of a friend am I?!

 

TAEYEON

Chanyeol forgot that it is Kris’ birthday today? Jeez, he’s so forgetful. No wonder that he forgot about our monthsary. I guess he really does have some flaws after all. Well, I just hope he got a gift that Kris will like.

“Are you sure that you don’t want me to drive you home?” Kris asked as he marched out of the fitting room.  I looked at him from head to toe. “Chanyeol is coming over to get me. I think that outfit fits you well” I answered smiling back at him. I was the one who chose the outfit for him.

“ah okay” he answered back as he turned his back on me and checked himself on the mirror. “pretty good taste my little sister” Kris remarked after checking himself out. “of course, you should have known Oppa I chose a handsome husband after all” I stated. He chuckled and ruffled my hair. “so, this is how having a little sister feels like. I should have asked mom and dad to make me one” he joked

“though I think there is still something missing here” Kris commented. “yeah, and I’ve got just the thing” I answered and got the necktie that I got him. I fixed the tie on him. He seemed a little uncomfortable when I did that. “Is something wrong? You don’t like it?” I asked while still fixing his tie.

“I like it, it’s just that this is the first time someone did this to me” he answered.

“oh, I’m sorry. It became a habit of mine to fix ties. I usually do this for Chanyeol” I reasoned out and immediately stopped midway of what I was doing. “why’d you stop? Just continue doing it. By the way, you do this for Chanyeol?” he asked and I just nodded.

“oh, now I feel jealous of Chanyeol. He’s one lucky kid” he remarked

“you should just get married soon oppa” I told him. “nah, I still have lots of things to do” he just answered

“bu-“

“shouldn’t you go to the parlor and ready yourself too?” he asked cutting me off. “I don’t think that’s necessary. I am a natural beauty after all Attorney Wu” I answered confidently.

“wow, that sounds good. Confidence!” Kris exclaimed while clapping his hands. I just smiled widely at him. “but even so, I still want my little sister to look gorgeous later. So, let’s wrap things up and pay the bill” he said

“oh, I already took care of that” I told him. He’s eyebrows met and his face contoured with confusion. “you, what?” he asked.

“I know it hurts your pride that I’m paying for you but just thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter