032

Contractual Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEYEON

“so, you haven’t told him that you’re pregnant?” Tiffany asked before she shoved a scoop of strawberry flavored ice cream into . I nodded my head. “and why is that? it’s been a week since we’ve learned of it, and you still haven’t told him?” Jessica asked.

“I’ve been trying to tell him but my timing is always off. He’s been busy these days because of the SM Town concerts that he need to overlook” I explained as I finished off my second serving of the chocolate ice cream that I ordered.

I recalled about three attempts that failed because of his work schedule. The first was when he came home from Thailand. He arrived rather late and was exhausted that he just crashed in bed and fell asleep after telling me that he loves me. The second was the morning after. Recently, I’ve been waking up later than usual and the same applied that day. When I woke up, it was already late and  my morning sickness got the best of me. I sprung up to our bathroom to nurse myself. After that episode of morning sickness I realized that  my husband was not in the comforts of our bedroom. So, I sent him a message

To: Hubby

Msg: Babe, did you go to work already?

Hubby: Yeah, sorry I didn’t wait for you to get up. I still have a pile of papers to do.

Me: It’s okay. Don’t overwork yourself, okay?

Hubby: thanks babe, I love you

Me: I love you too

-end of conversation-

The third attempt was at lunch that day, I went to his office to surprise him and bring him food. But, it turns out that he was out for a lunch meeting. And since it would be a hassle if I brought the food home with me so I just gave the food to his secretary.

I would’ve tried to tell him that night but he went home late and tired that night. The days went on that way, though at some occasions I was the who went out early whenever I have an early morning class and slept late because I was studying for the exams, it is exams week after all.

“so, when are you planning to tell him?” Tiffany asked. “well, my birthday is coming up. I’ll probably tell him then” I answered and the two of them nodded their heads. We continued to munch down our food. After last week’s happy and glorious moment, the girls and I haven’t been hanging out. I was busy for the exams and I just finished the last exam an hour ago. So, here I am with the girls again, with food in our midst.

“oh, by the way Taeng…” Jessica trailed off as she finished off her ice cream. “what are your plans?”

I quirked an eyebrow in question as to what she meant.

“you know, about school and the baby. I know that you can finish this year before the baby goes out. But, when the baby is out are you planning to continue with school and leave him to someone like a nanny  or are you going to stop for awhile to watch over your child personally?”

Her question got me thinking. Initially, I decided to study because of Kris’ offer.

“hi Taeyeon! How are you doing?” Kris greeted me as soon as I settled on the seat opposite to him. If I were to be honest I would’ve answered sore after the losing my ity to my husband last night, but that would be very embarrassing, right? 

“doing fine” was what I chose to answer with a smile. “ So, what do you want to talk about Kris?” I asked. He called me over the phone saying that he has something personal and important  to discuss with me.

“well, did you have breakfast already? Because I’m starving, so how about some coffee or tea first, Taeyeon?” he offered as he called the waitress.

“Chanyeol prepared breakfast so, I’ll just have some juice. I’m not the coffee or tea kind of person” I answered and he smiled an amused smile. “what?” I asked getting conscious of the way he is looking at me. He didn’t answer me right away, he ordered first and waited for the waitress to leave us.

“Chanyeol prepared breakfast?” he asked with the same amused smile on his face and I nodded. “wow, that is new” he remarked.

“what’s new?” I asked.

“Chanyeol’s been living the life of luxury. He is pampered from head to toe. So, in other words he doesn’t know how to take care of himself. And knowing that, it is quite new for me to hear that he was taking care of you, preparing breakfast and the likes. Though, it is undeniable that Chanyeol sure has some skills for cooking” Kris explained

“really? But he’s done this twice already” I questioned and an even more amused look was plastered on Kris’ face.

“twice?”

“yeah, first was when we fought and the second was this morning” I answered. Kris nods his head and smiles even wider.

“well, I guess I shouldn’t have met you then?” he said as he shakes his head. “but then again, since I’m already here and even if I am sure that my friend is already falling for you I’d still want to make precautions and advance damage control”

Precaution? Damage control? What?

“what do you mean, Kris?” I asked. He smiled and waited for the waitress who served our order to leave before he said, “I am here to offer you a deal, Taeyeon”

I just stared at him in confusion. What he was saying didn’t make any sense to me. “deal? What deal?”

“a deal that will make you not regret marrying Chanyeol if you divorce in the end” he said as he ate his pancake. I raised my eyebrow as I tried to digest what he was saying. “but since my friend is already falling for you these things might not be handy anymore. Still, I want you to know that if and only if the two of you will divorce you will still be supported by him especially if you’ll conceive his child” Kris explained

“he’s falling for me?” I asked quite surprised by what Kris said and he nods his head with a big smile on his face. “I’ve been telling you that since awhile ago and you just caught on it now?” he asks with pure humor.

 “yes, Taeyeon. Chanyeol is falling for you”

I felt myself blush and my heart beat accelerated, Kris’ words were like a wave of relief and happiness that washed over me. But, is it safe to believe that?

I was about to voice out my query when Kris cuts me off and addresses my worries as if he was reading my mind, “I am 90% sure that he is falling for you, Taeyeon. the 10% would depend on you and your interaction with him. I know for a fact that you like… no scratch that… love… you love Chanyeol so maybe just maybe, I am 100% sure then”.  I was surprised to hear Kris say that I am in love with Chanyeol. Not that, I am not aware of it but am I that obvious?

“ But, as much as I am a risk taker, I also want safety and security” he adds.

“and what do you mean by that?”

“Chanyeol and you could fall for each other but his immaturity and lack of judgment might hurt you and, God forbid, cause a divorce” he said with a serious look on his face, the happy and amused Kris now gone.

“immaturity and lack of judgment?” I asked. “Chanyeol might be 26 (a/n: I changed their age for plot compatibility purposes) and acts mature most of the time but there is still an immature side of him, especially on his emotional aspect. Also, Chanyeol sometime jumps into action without thinking of the possible consequences and you might not be able to understand and comprehend him” Kris explained and I fully acknowledge what he said.

“I know you are just concerned Kris but, I think your damage control won’t be necessary” I rejected his offer and his forehead creased. “I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter