TRUE Horror Story

To Hate, To Love

SUHO


While waiting for manager-hyung to arrive (as we have a schedule anytime soon), some EXO (me, Chanyeol, Sehun, Baekhyun) and Hera, we’re chatting on the kitchen. the others are either in their rooms or in the living room.

“Let’s watch a movie tonight, noona,” Baekhyun invited. “I’ll ask manager-hyung to rent some.”

“I want comedy,” Sehun raised his hand.

“Action…” Chanyeol continuously bobbed his head to his pick. LIKE I’LL LET YOU WATCH ACTION AGAIN, YOU EARLESS MONKEY!

Hera bit her lip as she think. “I think I want horror. Like bloody, gory, shocking horror movie.”

GULP. My eyes widened; Hera noticed.

“What? Don’t you watch horror movies?” she asked.

Sehun, Chanyeol and Baekhyun snickered.

“Ya!” I warned them to stop. I looked at Hera and explained, “It’s not that I can’t; I just don’t.”

“Oh~ are you chicken, hubby?” she teased.

“I said I can. I just prefer not to…”

She smiled. “Yeah, because your chicken, babe.”

BABE? Seriously. But anyway…

“I’ll prove to you I’m not chicken. I’ll watch horror movies with you tonight.” Now I’m setting a trap on myself.

I really don’t want to watch such films, because, not only that their scary, I hate seeing blood bursting out or human veins, or monsters eating humans, or surprising ghost apparition, or really, really life-like cinematography.

Now, I’m just going to bite my tongue and attack. I know I don’t want to; but I can’t fall back now. I just made a promise to the one girl, that I love to hate (which just happens occasionally now), and see her satisfied face as I terrify myself WITH HORROR MOVIES.

“Baekhyun, tell manager-hyung to rent the most horrifying movie he’ll see. Are we clear?” I told him.

A smile formed in his face. “Are you sure?”

“Hell yeah.” HELL, NO!

Hera clung to my arm. “Okay, if you don’t chicken-out in the entire movie, I’ll treat you to dinner.”

“Where?” I asked.

“Genesis, of course,” she smiled.

“Huh?”

“I don’t want to be trampled by your adoring fans, okay. And if we we’re to go on the streets…no, no… I’m not emotionally ready to be trampled on the streets.” She laughed.

I smirked. “You are so going to lose,” I lied. I’M SO GONNA DIE!

 

Night. EXO was lounging in the living room, finding a place in front of the TV. As usual, the boys made room for me and Hera in the couch. The two of us are sandwich between Tao (right beside me) and Woomin-hyung (right beside Hera).

Sehun killed the lights and only the light of the TV flooded the living room. it was unusually chilly for me.

While we we’re out, Hera prepared all kinds of food: popcorn, jelly beans, pretzels, ddokbokki, kimbap and some other food that are shove away by Chanyeol and D.O.

Baekhyun, in charge of the film, played the DVD.

Fifteen minutes later, I lost my appetite.

Apparitions everywhere. Blood everywhere. Surprising ghost faces everywhere. Sheesh, I think I will lose my mind, and my sanity.

Tao was clinging to me, hiding his face behind my back. Honestly Tao, I know how you feel. I looked at Hera; her face looked like she was grossed-out. And she looked just as scared as I am. The others… oh no, I don’t even give a damn at what they’re doing, feeling or thinking; I have my own problems right now.

Then, a shrieking voice blasted from the TV, accompanied by a ghost’s melted face that if ever this was 3D, you’ll probably end up in the hospital because of heart attack, and everyone flinched or got a really bad heart pumping scare. My heart was racing and I closed my eyes really hard. But there’s one more reason that my heart started to act crazy.

Hera hugged me; her arm clung to my neck and she was breathing just as fast as I was. Reflexes on the move, I hugged her back.

“Oh my gosh, that… piece of crap!” she yelled. This time, I felt her heart beat.

“Scared?” I whispered.

“Are you blind?” she said. “Am I going to hug you like this if I am not? I got really scared.”

“I thought you’re just taking advantage… of me…” I joked, finally sanity on side.

She pulled back and stared into my eyes. “What?”

GULP. “That was a joke.”

“What if I am taking advantage?” she said. “Are you going to do something about it?”

I stared at her and tried to find traces of a punch line; there were none. She was being serious.

“You really liked hugging me?” I whispered.

“I might,” she said, hugging me again. “Tell me when the movie ends, okay?”

She buried her face to my neck, feeling her warm breathing. I can feel my chest pounding again. Her arms are now around my waist; I did the same.

For the first time, I think I actually enjoyed watching a horror movie.

 

Morning. Hera was buried yet again to a sketch session. Oh, my portrait. Maybe I’ll mention that later on.

I sat in bed and said, “Hey, you lost the bet.”

She looked up. “What bet?” she said, looking confused.

“Last night, you told me you’ll treat me dinner.”

“Well, you chicken-out, remember?” she smiled.

I smiled as well. “Not the ENTIRE movie…” I scratched my head. “You should know; you we’re NEXT TO ME THE WHOLE TIME.”

I think I saw her blush.

She sighed. “Fine, a deal is a deal. I’ll meet you at Genesis tonight.”

“What should I wear?” I joked.

I smiled. “Whatever you like. Surprise me.”