Cuddle Me Babe

To Hate, To Love

SUHO


9 AM. I opened my eyes to an awoke Hera. Just like yesterday, I caught her sketching, eyes on her sketchpad. She’s was so occupied that she didn’t notice I was looking her.

“Ahem…” I coughed.

She looked up from the sketchpad. She smiled. “Good morning.”

“G’Morning,” I replied while still snuggled in my blanket.

So that’s how it feels; to be greeted in the morning by model-material girl.

“Why is it that whenever I see you, you’re always holding that thing,” I finally asked, baffled by constant presence of the sketch book.

She closed the fancy-covered maroon sketchpad. “It’s my autumn collection.”

“That’s it?” I asked. “Don’t you draw something else than clothes?”

Her head tilted to the side, “I’m not interested in drawing anything else.” She slid the sketchpad under her pillow. She looked at me. “Breakfast?”

I smiled. “Okay.”

 

“Hyung, palli!” Chen called from the living room.

EXO has been invited as guest to a variety show, and everyone was in panic because of the time. We’re not late, but we will be if everyone keeps bumping at each other in the rush.

Hera was standing at the doorway, arms crossed, criticizing the way I style my clothes.

“Aigoo,” Hera exclaimed. “You will never finish if your that slow, Suho.”

I eyed her. “You think this is easy?”

“Yes,” she said with confidence. “That’s my job, for goodness sake.”

“Then, why don’t you help me?” I asked, a bit annoyed.

“I’m enjoying the view,” she said with a playful smile on her face.

I blushed. “Please… help me.”

“If you say so,” she said, and moved close to me.

I let her do her magic. With a bit of flipping and straightening, she managed to style my then chaotic wardrobe.

“See, I told you I’m good at it,” she boasted.

I sighed. “I owe you one,” I said, without meaning it.

“Oh~ no take backs. You owe me one,” she smirked.

What is she planning again? She’s just unpredictable.

“What do you want?” I asked.

Without another word, her arms wrapped to my waist, her chin resting on my shoulder.

“Yah~” was the only thing I said; powerless, no movement, no answer back.

“Husbands and wives do this, right?” she asked.

“I guess…” I said.

My heart was pounding like a million miles per hour! My heart felt like it’s going to explode. My breathing automatically broke down, like I forget how breathing works.

“Why are you so nervous?” she asked. “I can feel your heartbeat. Haven’t you hugged a girl before?”

I have but…NOT AS HOT AS YOU!

“Hey,” she whispered. “Hug me back.”

“What?”

“Babo, hug me back when I’m hugging you.”

GULP. What to do?

“HYUNG, PALLI!” a few voices called.

Yes, nice timing.

“Ei~” she snide, then let go. She straightened the wrinkled parts that were caused by the heart-pounding-rib-almost-breaking hug of hers. “Fine; go.”

With a stoic face, I walked out our room.

“You still owe me one!” she yelled as I went out.

Chanyeol looked at me, baffled at my expression. “What wrong hyung? What do you owe her?”

GULP. “We’re late,” was my only reply, and swiftly went out of the dorm.

 

3 AM. EXO was dead tired. Everyone lazy entered the dorm, me at the back of the pack. Suddenly, their footsteps stopped to the living room. All eyes were on the couch.

“What? Why did you stop?” I asked.

Hands grabbed me and pulled me to the front. The TV was on but the sounds are turn to low. Lights are on. Nothing was unusual, other than the newest attraction on the living room.

Hera was sleeping on the couch. She wore blue silk pajamas today. Her right hand flung lazily on the floor, pencil still in her hand. Her glasses were crookedly placed in her face. Her sketchpad was tucked in her belly as she hugged it. She looked peaceful as she sleeps.

A hand pushed me. “Go,” Luhan-hyung pushed again.

“What should I do?” I asked.

“Figure it out.” Luhan-hyung led the group of lazy monkeys into their bedrooms and gave me a reassuring smile.

I was left alone on the living room with Hera.

I approached the sleeping beauty and knelt on the floor in front of her. I held her right hand and lifted it to her belly, but that only made her awake.

She opened her eyes. “What time is it?” she asked.

“Three.”

She gave a sad smile. “You guys must be tired.”

“We’re used to it now,” I faked. We’re so tired we might spend the whole day tomorrow in bed. “Come on. Bed. Now.”

She put the sketchbook on the coffee table. “Pull me up,” she extended a hand.

I lifted her and she stood up. She yawned.

I smiled at her action.

“What?” she said. “Never seen a girl yawned before?”

“Not as funny as you,” I joked.

“Hey~” I coyly smacked my arm. Then, she did it again.

She hugged my waist and rested her chin on my shoulder. She calmly breathed while I was out of air. My heart raced again. Dear Lord, why is this happening to me? I want me out of this situation.

“Can you lift me to the room?” she asked. “I don’t want to walk.”

“I can…” I gasped. “…but I don’t want to.”

“Ei~ You’re bad.” Then, she went silent. She fell asleep… on my shoulder.

Fine, but just this one time.

I lifted her up, like newlyweds do. Sheesh, I didn’t imagine I will be doing this so soon. I multitasked and took the sketchpad from the table and went to our room. She was not heavy at all; that or my workout is just really effective.

I tossed the sketchbook on my bed and it flung open, pages facing the beddings. I laid her gently on her bed and tucked her in. I took of her glasses and gently brush away her hair from her face.

I then changed my clothes and got ready for bed.

I took the sketchpad off my bed. The page showed the last gown that I saw, the mermaid one. Then I flipped it again, and another stunning gown was drawn. She really is talented. Page per page, the book showed all sorts of gowns, dresses and casuals, but the drawings ended up in the middle. I checked the back of the book to see if there are more but… it shocked me to see the one drawing I didn’t expect to see on the sketchbook.

I was staring at myself, a drawing of myself. Eyes, nose ears, face… all in intricate detail just like what I see in the mirror every day.

A full portrait of my face. Such detail brought goose bumps to my skin.

I flipped it again, and saw another me, sleeping. Tucked on my bed, I was sleeping peacefully.

And again, I flipped to the next page and a profile of me was drawn.

I was shocked to see all this pictures. It was not what I expected to see, but saw, in perfect detail, me that was perfectly drawn by this girl in front of me that I spent my time hating.

The pencil , the fading, all the little details you could ask for, it’s in her drawing.

And she lied that she’s not interested in drawing anything else buy clothes. LIAR.

Why are you drawing me? Why in such accurate detail? Why me?