Meeting the Girl from Hell

To Hate, To Love

SUHO


My phone rang for the Nth time. I really don’t want to answer my mom’s call. But I can see the taxi driver’s face when it rang again; he was annoyed to bits.

I decided to answer it.

“Mom…”

“Where are you?” she asked.

“I’m on my way to the dorm.”

“Are you crazy? Get your here in Genesis! Hera is waiting for you.” Her voice shakes in annoyance. “Jun Myeon, if you’re not here in 15 minutes, I’m going to drag you here in humiliation.”

“Mom, I’ll just get some stuff from the dorm. I’m going to stay there for the night. Besides, I have to talk to Luhan-hyung…if they’re even home.”

It was 9 in the evening. No wonder mom’s hysterical.

 

I opened the door of our dorm. No one’s home. I went directly to my and Sehun’s room and picked out some clothes and put it in a bag. I also picked something casual for my “meeting”. I really don’t want to call it date because I hate to think that it is a date. I took a shower and changed my clothes: white shirt, brown jacket, sneakers, and a hat. Total casual.

I walked out of my room and saw that my groupmates just arrived, Kris-hyung leading the pack.

“Suho, what are you doing here?” he asked.

“Oh!” Luhan-hyung’s eyes went wide. “What are you STILL doing here?”

“I just…took some clothes,” I said, showing them my back.

One by one, the living room was getting flooded my EXO. Baekhyun took charge of the TV remote and change the channel from news to sports; no one argued with him when he did.

“Lu-hyung, can we talk for a sec?” I asked Luhan.

“Sure,” he said, and followed me to the very corner of the kitchen.

“Do they…know?” I whispered, looking at my groupmates who’s messily bickering about the soccer game their watching.

“’Bout what?” he asked, looking confused; deer eyes in ON mode.

“About my engagement?” I said, matter-of-factly. “Do they know? I really can’t think straight all this afternoon… you kind of freaked me out.”

“Oh, that I know about…them, they’re clueless…”

“That’s great!” I said, smiling from ear-to-ear.

“…for now,” he continued.

I looked at him; wanting to strangle him to take those words back but my body just couldn’t make a move.

He looked at me, puzzled. “What? you don’t want to tell them? Are you crazy?” he smiled. “San jin pin, Jun Myeon-i.”

“What?” I asked. He’s crazy putting Chinese words in this conversation.

“You’re crazy. They should know. And besides, sooner or later they will know. They will know that the heir to the Genesis Hotels is…”

“What?” Kris-hyung butted in, a can of soda in his hands.

Really! Now, you want to intrude? Great timing indeed!

Kris-hyung looked interested. “The heir to the Genesis Hotels is WHAT?” he repeated.

“Nothing,” I said.

Luhan-hyung smirked. I looked at him and brain-message him to tell Kris-hyung to “Shut the crap up and leave”, but he didn’t. Instead, the stood there, smirking, enjoying the moment.

“I know!” Kris-hyung smiled.

I my heart beat faster than a bullet train. I think I was sweating bullets by then.

“The heir to the Genesis Hotels is…” he said, pausing on every word, enjoying the moment as well.

“Kris, you’re scaring the leader,” Luhan-hyung smiled.

“Suho, the greatest leader there ever is.”

“Crap, hyung!” I said, annoyed.

“What are you scared about?” he smiled. “Are you that scared I’m going to talk about your engagement?”

Oh, now I was sweating daggers; blood-encrusted daggers!

“Who’s engaged?” I said, trying to hide my nervousness.

“You are,” Kris-hyung smirked.

“No, I am not.”

“You are; you just said a while ago.”

“You were eavesdropping?” I asked.

“I didn’t mean to,” he said, holding up his soda. “I was just getting this when you said you’re engaged.”

“You creep! You were creeping!” I said.

“Who’s engaged?” Chanyeol butted-in. “Luhan-hyung.”

Luhan smiled wider. “Oh, I wish I can say that I am…but no.”

“SUHO IS ENGAGED!” Kris-hyung shouted, walking towards the living room.

“What the f… you Canadian creep!” I shouted as well. He just got to be liberated, isn’t he?

I wanted to curl down on the floor and beg for the heavens that Tao really has his time control power and reverse this awkward moment. I want to burn to bits!

“What?” I can hear my groupmates say. I can hear giggles all around, some saying “That’s a lie, right?”

“Congratulations,” Luhan-hyung said, patted me in the back and pulled me to the living room.

As we approached the living room, ten pairs of eyes are fixated on me.

“Is it true?” Chanyeol asked.

I looked at Luhan-hyung, asking for help. He only smiled. I looked at Kris-hyung and wanted him to burn on the spot, but he stayed put. That moment, I wanted to melt.

I bit my lip.

“It’s true neh…” D.O. blurted out.

“That’d be so nice,” Chen said. “When’s the wedding?” he asked.

“What?”

“Hyung, you deaf?” D.O. said. That’s the second time I heard those words from him today. “When’s the wedding?”

“I’m not going to be married!” I bit my lip. “I don’t want to…alright.”

The atmosphere went from joyous to awkward.

“I don’t want to spoil your night, guys. I’ll see you tomorrow. I need a break…from this. I promise I’ll talk…some other time…about this. I’m sorry.”

I stormed out of the room and out of the dorm. It’s sad to leave them, my precious EXO, in such an awkward situation, but…I too am awkward about it. It was probably much better for me to leave it now than make it much worse for myself.

 

I entered the Genesis with a heavy heart. A couple of security personnel bowed when they saw me. I went straight to the receptionist and asked for a suite like I usually do. I gave them my bag and told them to inform my mother that I will be at the restaurant of the hotel.

I sat down alone on a dinner table, flipping my phone back and forth. I still can’t believe I stormed out of dorm, leaving EXO in confusion. I hated the feeling.

“It’s you again,” someone said.

When I looked up, I saw her again, the girl from Han River. She looked different than this afternoon: her hair tied to a neat ponytail, the trail of her hair hand by her shoulder; her neck emblazoned by a silver necklace; her body fitted with a little black dress, started from her shoulder and ended to just above her knees; her feet fitted nicely to a silver pair of high heels; her hand just neatly to her side. She was a vision of sophistication and beauty. I just had to look at her from head to toe. I probably looked like a creep, but who cares.

“It’s you again,” I told her the same.

“Are you waiting for someone?” she asked.

“My mom,” I told her.

“Oh, I thought your waiting for your girlfriend.”

I smirked. “I don’t have a girlfriend.”

“You don’t? That’s really hard to believe.” She smiled.

I smiled too. “Do you want to sit down?” I offered.

“Sure,” she said and sat at the opposite side of the table.

“You look…stunning,” I said, meaning every word.

“Thanks,” she said, getting a bit shy. “You look…comfy.”

“Oh, yeah…” I said embarrassed.

Why on earth this be the time that I am out of words. A goddess just landed beside me and I can’t blurt out something good.

“A-deul!” I heard my mom called. “You are late. I told you to come here early.”

“I went shopping,” I lied.

I was not shopping. I ended up wasting time and money riding taxis around the city. I just go where ever and look out at the taxi’s window. Definitely, my brain was not on earth.

My mom sighed. “Good thing Hera still waited for you even if you’re slacking.”

“I don’t care. I don’t care who she is, I don’t care about her, and I don’t care about this engagement. Better yet, let’s cut to the chase, let’s cancel the engagement.”

I meant every word I said, but somehow it still pierce a piece of me. I really am not this bad tempered, or obnoxious, or this mad! But this engagement just makes me crazy.

“I’m sorry,” the girl in front of me suddenly said. “I don’t care about you either.”

“Sorry…what?” I asked. “Sorry, this is a family business okay so please…”

She stood up. Her gentle eyes fired up all of a sudden. “Family business… well that’s what it is from the start: family, business. Let’s me introduce myself. Hi, I’m Yoon Hera, your fiancé.”

 

 

 

_________________________________________

So that's who she is!

Well, thanks for reading this chapter and I hope you will anticipate my next update. Cheers!

Crina~