Holding Her Hand

To Hate, To Love

SUHO


“Are you guys fighting?”

Hera and I looked at the owner of the voice. Sleepy-looking Lay was peeking out of the door.

Hera smiled. “Sorry, we’re we loud?”

Lay shook his head. “No, I was just wondering if you two are fighting.”

“Lay, go back to sleep,” I ordered him…before I get any more annoyed.

“Oh…” he nodded and closed the door subtly.

I looked back at Hera. “You’re insane for making hold your hand.”

Her eyebrows shot up before a smile formed in her lips. “Maybe I am. Cha~ sit down.” She put the sketch pad and pencil on the coffee table and patted the space beside her.

She eyed me. “Hubby, please sit.”

All of my nerves are going to pop! How dare her. She knows I hate her.

Wait. How immature of me! Holding her hand is not a big deal. I will just self-hypnotize myself that she’s just like any other human being; I’m just going to hold her hand very casually. This is not a big deal. Suho, let’s not make this a big deal. If you won’t hold her hand, you’re the loser, and you surely won’t like to be the loser here, especially not to her.

I sat beside her. “Hand,” I said, showing her mine.

She gladly gave me her right hand. See Suho, this not a big…

Hell, her hands are freakishly soft. What on earth? What is this sorcery? Devil girl’s got beautiful hand. She’s just to perfect. I already told myself that she’s Miss Universe times a hundred, but I really didn’t expect that I’m going to multiply it again.

“See… it’s not so bad.” She smiled.

Her eyes crinkled behind her glasses. Her cheeks brightened. Her face look so…

SUHO! Do not give in! This is black magic, I tell you, BLACK MAGIC!

“Oh, getting comfortable now, are we?”

Kris-hyung smiled from ear-to ear. “Good morning, love birds.”

Luhan-hyung and D.O was right behind him, smiles also in their face. “Good morning, they both greeted.

I look from my hand on Hera’s then to my group mate’s silly face. “This… this…”

“Oh, I know what that’s called,” Kris-hyung said, “You don’t need to tell me.”

“But you don’t understand,” I told him. I tried to yank my hand away but Hera tightened her grip.

“You don’t have to be embarrassed… hubby,” she said, looking pleased. “They know we’re engaged anyway.”

I sighed in annoyance. I looked at her. “Quit it.”

I really don’t want to look like a fool in the morning, especially not in front of my group mates. This girl just do not understand that in this house, I’m the king. I’m EXO’s leader, damn it!

Now, my group mate’s just savoring the moment of torturing me. I will never forgive them for this. Just wait until we have another practice; you’re dead meat.

Hera flung my hand away. “It’s not fun anymore. You’re not fun.” Her eyes went bored.

She stood up, took her pencil and sketch pad, and went for out room.

I eyed Kris-hyung, Luhan-hyung and D.O. “You’re so dead…”

D.O eyes went wide. “What did I do?” he said innocently.

 

From the moment she went into the room until about 3:30 in the afternoon, Hera didn’t come out of the room. Occasionally, I would enter the room to take something, but she just ignored me. Her eyes were on her sketch pad and her ears are occupied by blasting music from her phone. So I was practically invisible. Thank God!

I sat down next to Tao on the couch while we watch TV. He asked, “Where’s noona?”

“Room,” I said, looking bored.

“What’s wrong?” he asked again.

“Don’t know.”

“Did she eat lunch?”

“Don’t care.”

“Ah, hyung! That’s not right. Even though you hate her, you can’t just abandon her. After all, she’s still your fiancée. Can’t you just check?”

“Why don’t you do it?”

“Is she my fiancée?” Right; why do you have to be right?

I sighed. I stood up and headed for my room. Tao, why is it that everything you ask, I do.

I knocked on the door. No answer. I opened the door and peeked. She was still sitting on the bed, still drawing.

I moved towards her and gently pulled the earphone of her ear. “Don’t you want to eat?”

She quickly covered the sketch pad. “Hey!”

“What? What did I do?” I look baffled. “Did I ruin your sketch?”

She looked at me for quite some time, tilted her head and answered, “No, no. I was just…startled. What do you want?”

“I just want to ask if you want to eat.”

“Oh, yeah. Is it time for lunch?” she asked.

“Way past lunch. We’re already done eating,” I informed.

She jokingly smacked my hand. “And you didn’t call me. How dare you!”

“Why should I?”

“You’re my fiancé, idiot! I’m supposed to be your responsibility.”

“Hey, I don’t remember the time I signed up for that,” I answered. “You’re the one who keeps on pushing herself to me, that the other way around. And did I say I want responsibility? I clearly don’t because I still hate you.”

She looked pissed. “Go away.”

“Gladly.”

I banged the door loudly. Soon as I did that, a voice in my head immediately said, ‘IDIOT ME! Why the hell did I do that? That’s so not me.’

Tao, and the others looked over to my direction. They saw my face-palm moment. I shook my head in disbelief. KIM JUN MYEON! YOU IDIOT!

“Hyung,” Tao was looking ruthlessly at me, “how hard is it to ask a girl to eat.” He shook his head.

Guilt ran into my blood stream. I didn’t spend another second standing by the door. I hurriedly opened it.

“Hera,” I called.

A pillow flew, almost hitting me in the face.

“I’m…sorry,” I said, walking inside. More guilt ran through my entire body when I saw two clear tears running down of each of her cheeks.

“You hate me that much?” she asked. Quiet sobs were filling the room.

“I don’t know what’s gotten into me,” I said.

“Hate. Hate… and more hate.”

Another tear fell. Oh please, let this end. I’m drowning in guilt right now.

I sat beside her in bed. I attempted to wipe the tears off her face and she let me. But her gaze tells me she wants to murder me on the spot.

“I’m sorry,” I repeated.

“Please stop hating me. It feels so heavy here,” she said, pointing to her heart. “I can’t think straight thinking that’s someone who hates me. I didn’t do anything to you Look, I don’t know you but I didn’t hate you. Why don’t you just play along?”

“I don’t think I can, and that’s the truth.”

“What?” she looked confused.

I sighed. “I don’t know. I’m not husband material.”

“You think I will criticize you because of that?” she asked.

I nodded.

“What do you think then, that I’m a professional wife?”

I look baffled. “I don’t think so.”

Finally, a smile formed.

“Babo,” she sighed. She jokingly hit me in the shoulder.

“Hey~” I jokingly exclaimed. We both smiled.

“Come on, let’s eat,” I invited.

“I’m not hungry,” she said.

“But… lunch… Look I don’t want them…” I pointed my thumb at the door, indicating EXO, “…think that I’m starving you to death, okay.”

“Not until you hold my hand again,” she said.

I groaned. “Not again.”

“Come on; I know you want to,” she teasingly said, holding her hand out.

This time, I gladly held her hand. I pulled back a bit and intertwined our fingers together. She was taken aback by my action, nevertheless, looked satisfied.

“Why do you like to hold my hands so much?” I asked.

“I just want to know what it feels like…”

“I’m going to hate you less.”

“That’s great.” She smiled even more.

“Okay. Lunch?”

She nodded.

I didn’t let go of her hand. EXO was shocked to see me hand-in-hand with Hera as we went to the kitchen. Giddy smiles were around, with Tao leading them. In the corner of my eyes, Chanyeol and Chen jokingly held hands and look at each other intimately. Kris-hyung and Woomin-hyung give me the thumbs up. Sehun and Kai embraced each other, mocking me to bits. The rest of them gave reassuring smiles.

I give them a menacing look, sending “Don’t push it” messages with my eyes.

But to conclude the moment, it was not bad holding her hand. I think I actually enjoyed it. After all, there are twelve guys in this dorm, and who landed a girl Miss Universe worthy? THIS GUY!