Rated R Minds

To Hate, To Love

SUHO


Hours later, I can still feel Hera’s lips as if we didn’t part. I can still picture her face just inches from mine. I can still feel her lingering kiss. I can still feel the warm breathing in my neck. I can still see her tears flowing freely out of her close eyes. I can still feel everything.

I don’t think I want to forget.

I sat beside Hera in the couch, along with other EXO, again watching TV. Hera acted like nothing happened; she smiled like she didn’t cry, nor did she kiss me. Every sadness was wiped out from her a while ago tear-drenched face. Hand in hand, we watched TV, but watching the program was a blur to me. Nothing made sense; to me it’s just moving pictures. The only thing that made sense to me was Hera’s hand in mine.

She constantly looked my way and smiled like everything’s normal. She’s converse with EXO like we was not struck by loneliness. She’d laugh when someone’s laughing, although I think it was just an act.

I wonder.

I wonder what happened. She would not tell me. I’m dying to know.

I whispered to her ear, “Are you sure you’re okay?”

She only smiled. Forced smile.

“You need to rest.”

She shook her head.

Why do I feel like I need to do something?

Then, she wrapped her arms around my waist and rested her head in my neck. I sighed, getting frustrated of her silence. Yet, her warmth made feel soothed, frustration struggling to hold its place. I hugged her back.

I saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun made the same position as me and Hera, Chanyeol being me and Baekhyun as Hera. I felt Hera chuckle; I think she saw them too. Lay and Luhan are just smiling at us; smiling father-like. I saw Tao gave me the thumbs up.

I didn’t know how supportive EXO are about our make-believe marriage, until I saw how they just gets out of the way and let us continue our pretend relationship. They’d give me tips and some head-smack from the hyungs on how to treat her right, make her feel comfortable in our dorm.

I’m not gonna lie, but she’s comfortable to be with after all. She’s not the she-devil I pictured her to be. She’s the angel inside, matching her angelic features outside. She’s a real catch.

Her future husband will be so lucky to have someone like her.

Husband.

Although it is pretend, I think I’m lucky having her with me. Engagement is not as bad as I pictured it after all, well, that is, with Hera. I don’t know if I could be like this with any other girl. Just with her. She changed me; and I think I willingly had a change of heart.

“Joon Myeon,” she whispered.

“Hmmm?”

“I’m hungry.”

I smiled. She’s too cute. “Well then let’s eat. I’m going to order some…”

“I’ll eat whatever’s left from dinner,” she said, staring at me, her face inches from mine. I remembered the kiss we shared just a while ago and my body heated up faster than saying ‘We are one! Hello, we’re EXO!’.

I sighed as my heart pumped in my ribcage.

“You okay, babe?” she smiled when my face was, unfortunately, getting-red. I think her cheeks, turned pink as well. She bit her lip and I immediately stared into them.

STOP STARING, I mentally kicked myself. My body is not responding to the furious rants of my brain. I stared, and stared some more.

Oh dear God, please make her stop biting her lip. Please, make her…

“HYUNG!” Sehun shouted. “Why are you so red?”

Thank you for your big mouth Sehun! Although it was really embarrassing.

Hera looked away and looked over at Sehun. I was relieved when she turned away; if she didn’t, I don’t think I can control myself anymore.

She giggled and said, “I said I was hungry and he just turned pink.”

EXO was divided into the staring-ones and the mocking-me-to-death-ones. Luhan and Xiumin hyung’s mouth hang open. Baekhyun, Tao, Chanyeol and Chen gave so many inappropriate comments it will never be broadcasted on TV. Kris and Lay gave mocking smiles as they stared right through my soul. I was embarrassed to death, yet I kept my arms around Hera.

“Hey, stop that,” she told them, laughing at EXO.

“Hyung, that is so rated R!” Baekhyun shouted.

“Ya! You’re minds are rated R!” I shouted back getting more and more flustered.

Hera patted my back. She told Baekhyun to “Just watch TV, please.” And it works. Most of them turned their heads to the TV. Tao commented, “I still envy you.”

I smiled, still flustered.

 

I ordered pizza for Hera and she gladly shared it with Chanyeol who was still hungry. Chanyeol, you bottomless pit. She went to our room and went back with a frame in her hand.

“Lay, as promised,” she said handing the frame to Lay.

“WOW! It’s looking back at me,” he said, his eyes twinkling as he stared at the picture. Xiumin, Sehun and Kai looked over his shoulder looked at the framed picture. They also exclaimed amazement.

“What was that?” I asked Hera.

“I drew his face,” she simply said, sitting next to me again.

“Thank you Hera-sshi.” He smiled at Hera, showing his ever deep dimples.

“You’re welcome,” she bowed.

“I hope you can draw me some more. I’ll do this,” he posed, lying on the floor, his head resting on his palm, right leg bended in front of the other, and smiled the cheesiest and sleaziest smile combined. He moved his eyebrows up and down while he’s at it.

D.O the sleazy monkey’s leg and it immediately recoiled. “What we’re you thinking, hyung?”

“Nothing, I was just trying some pose,” Lay said, rubbing his leg.

Hera laughed. “You can try some other pose, just not that.”

Lay smiled shyly. “Sorry.”

I stood up and pulled Hera from her seat. “Let’s go. You need to sleep.” I turned to the others. “You guys need to sleep too; we have an early schedule. Off to bed, now!”

Some grunted, especially the maknaes.

“No buts, Tao!” I said when I saw him on his arguing stance. He closed his mouth immediately and stood from his seat on the floor, following Sehun and Kris.

“Good night, noona,” Chen waved before we entered our room.

“Good night,” Hera said, a smile on her gorgeous face.

Hera jumped to her bed like a kid and wriggled around the sheet. She’s so adorable I couldn’t hide my madness. I smiled like an idiot; I hope she didn’t see.

“What are you laughing about?” she said.

“I’m glad you fine now,” I lied, hiding how I adore her cuteness. Nevertheless, I was glad she was fine. “Are you still not telling me what happened?”

Her expression changed. She shook her head. “I can’t. Not right now.”

“But are you at least going to tell me soon?”

“Yeah, soon…”

“Okay then, let’s tuck you in, babe,” I kid but she seemed to like it, showing her smile. “I think I’ll be gone when you wake up.”

“What? Why?” her face full of concern.

“We have a schedule early tomorrow; didn’t you hear me tell the guys?” I said, pulling the sheet over her.

“Oh.”

“We’ll be back tomorrow night,” I assured her.

“Then, I’ll be at Xenon tomorrow while you’re gone,” she told me, he eyes darted to the ceiling.

I gave her a concerned look. “Will you be okay there? I mean, are you going to cry again?”

She shook her head. “I’ll try not to,” she said.

“That’s not reassuring, you know.”

“I know but, I’ll promise I’ll try not to. If ever I cry, I know you’ll be there to comfort me,” she gave a weak smile. She held out a hand and held my cheek. “Thank you in advance.”

I took hand off my face and hold it. “You can count on that.”

I walked to my bed and fell the warmth of it when…

“About the kiss…” she said.

My heart pounded hard.

“I’m sorry,” her tone was weak.

“I-it’s okay,” I answered. “It was…”

“It was what?”

“I don’t know…”

I can feel my face burned up. I don’t want to think about it again, yet it feels so good remembering it.

I heard a ruffle of sheets and the next thing I knew she was sitting on my bed, staring at me.

“Actually, I was glad you didn’t push me away. But, I’m sorry for doing that to you. I mean, you must have been surprised and all. But still, I’m glad.” Her face gleamed on the faint lighting on the room.

“Like I said, it’s okay.”

She bit her lip. Oh, please, not again!

“Good night,” she said.

“Good night,” I told her.

She kissed… my forehead. She lingered there for a few seconds before parting her lips from my skin.

She smiled. “Look how far we’ve come. From the heated argument in Genesis to this night; it’s all so surreal and unreal. I’m glad I finally met you.”

“Me too.” I was sincere.

She stood up from my bed and headed to hers.

My heart still pounded, but doubled from the last beating. I don’t know what to do. My rationality, moment by moment, is suddenly leaving my body.

“Hera,” I called her.

She stopped in the middle of the room. She turned to see me already standing beside her. Her eyes widened in surprise.

I gave her a hug. “What did you do to me? What are you doing to me?”

I felt her shiver. “What are you talking about?”

I pulled her back and kissed her full on the lips. I caressed her back and she laced her arms around my neck. Her lips became ecstasy to me. I kissed her passionately, like I needed her all my life. Her lips are driving me insane and I don’t want to part from it, from her. I want her.

She moaned and I shivered when I heard it. Liking it was one thing, but, it also made me pull away.

“Good night, babe,” I said, planting a kiss on her forehead.

“Good night,” she said, hugging me tightly.

We both directed to our own beds and faced each other. Although it was a few feet apart, to me it felt like we we’re so distant. I smiled when I saw her smiling.

“What are you thinking?” I asked.

“I don’t know what I did to you, but I think I’m doing a good job.”

 

 


Thanks for reading this update. I'm so happy right now because my ideas were just flowing right out! Yipee. And I wish you will comment, I really really hope so. I hope you'd spare some time for this author-nim. Thank you.

Crina

PS. Did not proofread. Sorry for typos.