Dinner Appointment?

To Hate, To Love

SUHO


I looked at my watch for the hundredth time today. 6 PM. Two hours later, I have to meet Hera at Genesis. It’s the dinner-bet thing last night. Manger-hyung saw my worried face as I looked at my watch; he thought my actions are hilarious as I heard him laugh beside me.

“What are you so scared of?” he laughed. “It looks to me like you’re going to jump out of your skin.”

“It shows that much, huh?”

“Well, yeah. I kind of figured it out after you checked your watch for God knows how long.” He nudged my arm. “Now, tell me what your problem is. Maybe I can help.”

I was kind of worried he’ll yell at me and stuff but he was cool about it.

“So what do you need?” he finally asked.

I knew the right thing to ask. “Can you buy me flowers?”

 

At the dorm at about 7:30 PM, I was taking a lot of time styling myself. I don’t want Hera to criticize me, especially when she’s the heir to Xenon.

Tao was wide-eyed when he saw me.

“What is that?” he asked.

“What’s what?”

“THAT!” he said, pointing at the black tuxedo I was wearing.

I looked at it. “Why? Is something wrong with it?”

“Why are you wearing that?” he asked.

“I seriously want to slap you,” I crinkled my nose. I sighed and finally answered Tao, “I have an appointment.”

Luhan appeared behind Tao and snickered. “You mean date?”

“No,” I said firmly. “Appointment.”

“Yeah, like we will believe that,” sarcasm on his tone. “Let’s go Tao, before a nerve pops from his head.” Luhan pulled Tao out of my room.

A smiled formed on my lips. I looked at myself in the mirror one last time and walked out of the room.

“Hey~” Chanyeol look awestruck. “You look awesome, leader.”

“Don’t forget to buy flowers!” Luhan shouted before I exited and I yelled back, “It’s not a date!” but then smiled.

 

The car pulled up in front of Genesis. It still looked normal to me. I walked inside with a neutral face and a big bouquet of lilies in my hand. Manager-hyung, isn’t this too much? I tried to walk as normal as possible but…

WHO AM I KIDDING?

I think I’m going to be skinned-alive! I’m so frightened to death. Luhan-hyung’s voice kept ringing in my head: “You mean a date?” It gives me the nerves and the goose bumps. I didn’t know what to think.

The door of the restaurant was opened for me. I smiled at the doorman and headed inside. My heart wants so jump out of my ribcage. My feet wants to turn back. My head wants to explode. I’m all kinds of crazy.

Days ago, I was infuriated at the thought of meeting Yoon Hera. Now, my entirety had gone crazy. I think I’m losing my mind.

The room was packed with diners: some were too busy to notice me, some eyes darted my way but they didn’t bother me as I was too busy shaking in my tux.

At last, I turned to a corner to the VIP section. The corner was deserted except for someone who’s standing by the window, looking at the brightly lit city of Seoul. She was too busy to notice me arrive.

I exhaled to relieve tension and greeted, “Good evening.”

Xenon’s heir turned around and I was literally turned to stone as I motionlessly watched her radiance. Her hair was swept to shoulder, slightly curled on the ends. She wore a little make-up to enhance her beautiful face. Her hot body was wrapped by a red cocktail dress. Her feet were slid down to a pair of black stilettos.

I was awestruck.

“Are those for me?” she said, looking at the bouquet in my hands. Her smile made my heart flutter even more.

I nodded. “You look beautiful,” I complimented.

She smiled. “You clean up nice as well.”

I moved my way to her chair and pulled it for her. “You’re seat m’lady.”

Her eyes lit up. “Thank you, kind gentleman.”

I sat in front of her; I stared at well.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” she asked her cheeks in a blush.

I smiled. “I don’t think I will get used to seeing you like that.”

“Like what?”

“Like a beautiful princess.” My face burned as I uttered those words. I didn’t think I could say that.

She looked pleased but her face was red as well. “Thank you.”

“But…” I started. I hesitated for a bit but continued, “…pajamas and white-rimmed glasses are winners for me.”

He face fell. “That’s too plain.”

“No, no…” I was dumbfounded. I didn’t mean to offend. “I mean to say, to see you in the morning just as you are, plain but beautiful, is more beautiful to me.”

“So are you satisfied with my look tonight?” she asked looking a bit stiff.

“I am more that satisfied. Didn’t you see me a while ago? I was as stiff as a board when I saw you.” Like I was in front of a beauty queen.

She finally smiled. “I didn’t know you like me in pajamas.”

Heart-racing, I replied, “I do.”

She stared at me. “You…do?”

“I do,” I repeated. She smiled.

 

The food was served and it was delicious (yokshi Genesis). Violins and piano played in the background while we ate.

“Thanks for the dinner,” I said with a smile.

She smiled. “My pleasure. Next time, let’s invite EXO with us.”

I shook my head. “I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“Why not?”

“I don’t think I like the idea of babysitting those dorks,” I joked.

She laughed. “Really. But I think I can handle that.”

“Well then, good luck when that time comes.”

She took a sip of wine, tuck a lock of hair behind her ear and rest back into her chair.

“So,” I started, “what do you think of EXO so far?”

“They are nice.”

“I want to hear you honest opinion.”

She stared at me. “Okay. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Tao, and Sehun are the loudest; probably the funniest of the lot. Kris, Xiumin, and Luhan-oppadeul, well, they’re really sweet; they always ask what I need. Lay and Chen are the quiet ones; that or they are just afraid of talking to me. D.O is the peculiar one; he likes to creep behind you.”

“He really does that sometimes,” I laughed.

“And, Kai… well, I don’t talk too much to that kid as well. Maybe I should invite Lay, Chen and Kai for lunch sometimes so they’ll open up to me.”

“That’s a good idea.”

The music played sweetly on the background. I want to punch myself in the face at thought of something I think I will regret later. No… this probably is a good idea. And I think I will like this idea. Now or never, Suho. Now or never.

“Would you like to dance?” I asked.

She stared at me. “Are you serious?”

I pouted. “I think so…” then smiled.

I stood up and help out my hand. “My I have this dance?”

She gladly took it; her face glowed red.

I placed my hand to her waist and the other help her hand. She placed her free hand to my shoulder. We swayed to the rhythm. I stared into her eyes; she did the same. I held her hand softly; she did the same. I smiled; she did the same. At that moment, we were connected, not just physically but emotionally. I have no words to describe that moment but magical.

I can simply light a light bulb with the electricity running through my body. It was a good kind of tingle. It was s good kind of ecstasy. It was perfect.

Our eyes locked.

She said, “I think I want to get used to this.” She pulled back the hand I was holding and wrapped me into an embrace. We continued to sway.

I smiled. “Then, we should do this often.”

We stayed in each other’s embrace and dance to who knows how long. At a distance, I saw a body of water that glimmered under the moonlight.

“Do you want to go somewhere with me?” I asked.

“Where?” she asked.

“A romantic place.”