Blasted Sound Effects!!!

To Hate, To Love

SUHO


Night finally came. EXO was, yet again, in front of the TV watching a movie this time. Honestly, I'm getting sick of football and them yelling at the TV like the players on screen can hear them.

But the speakers blasted blasting sounds of bombs and guns. Action movie; worst than football. Chanyeol was yelling, "Die. Die! Darn...that guy should have died!" at the TV, his eyes wide.

I watch the movie nonchalantly. I'm not in the mood; I only stayed for popcorn. Hera was, yet again, inside our room. Why is she always in there? Whenever I check, she’d be sitting on her bed, still fiddling on her sketch pad.

Maybe I should ask? Or should I not?

Tao nudged my side, as we were sitting together on the far end of the long blue couch. I looked at him; he pouted on the direction of my room.

“Why?”

“Ask her to come watch TV,” he said.

What’s with this guy? This afternoon, he wanted me to call Hera to eat. Now, he wants me to call her to watch TV.

“Why don’t you do it?” I told him.

“Is she my fiancée?” Tao asked. Really! This panda annoys me so much sometimes; incredibly today.

I stood up, for the second time today to do as Tao requested (practically, ORDERED) me, and went to fetch Hera. I knocked (of course, still not getting used to knocking at my own door) and waited. No answer. I opened it and saw her sitting there, on the bed, sketching.

“Are you busy?” I asked, as I entered.

She looked up. “A bit.”

“Don’t you want to watch TV?”

“I’d love to but…” she tried to peek outside. Blasting action movie sound effects were the only thing that came in into the room.

“Too loud for you?” I asked.

“No, but…” her face looked shy.

My eyebrows shot up. “Them?”

She bit her lip and nodded.

“Scared?” I asked.

“No…just…I don’t know exactly but…”

I walked closely to her. “Come on they don’t bite.” I extended my hand. Hesitantly, she reached for it. Now that I looked at her clearly, her hair’s curled at the ends, her eyes shine behind her white specks, she glows in her yellow sweat shirt and her long milk-white legs fit perfectly in her shorts. This fashionista’s not always in diva mode huh?

Before we went out, she yanked my hand to a stop. “What if they make fun of you again because of me?”

I look at her in confusion. “You mean to say you don’t want to go out in the living room because I might get bullied?”

“Ummm…”

I smiled. “It’s okay; their torturing me even before you came.”

“But…”

“It’s okay.”

She bit her lip, but still followed me.

She’s afraid that I might get bullied because of her. I thought she’s evil? She should have loved to see me get bullied. But, this really is an unexpected twist to her.

I lead, she followed. I told Tao, Xuimin-hyung and Lay to “Make room.” and they immediately move out of the couch.

“That’s not necessary, I’ll sit on the floor,” she whispered.

Eyes are focused on our intertwined hands. Honestly, giddly smiles are everywhere and I’m still not getting used to it.

“Don’t be ridiculous; you’re our guest. So just relax,” I pulled her beside me on the couch, “and watch.”

“Relax…” she eyed me curiously. “With that kind of violence on screen and the blaring sound? Relax? Are you sure?”

She smiled. I followed. Then we we’re laughing. Her eyes met mine and I blushed. She’s gorgeous, I have to admit. This time, my feeling was genuine. Holding her hand right now is not a need, but a want, although I still needed to because I really don’t want the drama this afternoon to happen again.

“What are you guys laughing at?” Luhan-hyung shouted through the sound effect of nuclear explosion.

Hera smiled and shouted back, “The speakers are amazingly loud!”

By then, Hera loosened up and watched the movie, hand-in-hand with me.

 

It was almost midnight when the movie finished. My ears are bleeding right now. Chanyeol, I will never ever make you hold on to the remote control ever again!

Few of the guys stretched their arms and yawned. Hera’s eyes looked tired.

“Sleep?” I asked.

“Yeah; lets,” she answered.

Hera stood up and pulled me off the couch. “Good night boys,” she said, waving her hand as she pulled me away.

“Help! I’m being kidnapped!” I joked, trying to act to resist.

“Shut up,” she also joked, pulling me inside the room, and closing the door behind us.

Tao, Baekhyun and Sehun played along, shouting random, “Hyung, andue~”

Then, she let go.

“Good night, Suho,” she said.

Wide-eyed, I asked, “Suho? You never called me Suho before.”

“There’s always a start for everything.” She lied down in her bed and shifted to face the wall.

Start. Then, maybe this is the start where I will hold your hand for the entire week. Maybe this is the start I might hug you tomorrow. Maybe this is the start where I will less hate you. Maybe this is the start where I will take responsibility of you. Maybe… just maybe.

I sighed. I need water.

I opened the door and five boys stumbled to my feet.

“What the F!” I shouted, startled.

Tao, Beakhyun, Sehun, Chanyeol and Kris-hyung (of all people, Kris-hyung!) was looking up at me.

Hera was startled as well. “What happened?” she said looking from me to the five idiots at my feet.

“Good night, Hera-noona,” Tao said shyly.

“Good…night,” she said, wide-eyed.

“We didn’t get to say good night,” Baekhyun started. “That’s all.”

“By pressing your ears into the door, come on.” I glared. “Get up, or no more bulgogi.”

“Ne sarang bulgogi?” Sehun said, puppy-eye mode.

“Yes, no bulgogi…”

I was pulled into an embrace. “Hyung, Kris-hyung started it!” he said like a kid, pointing at Kris

“I did not!” Kris-hyung was startled. “I just followed Tao!” he smiled, and pointed at Tao.

“Tao! Jinja!” I felt annoyed.

Tao smiled in guilt. “Sorry,” he said.

“No more of…THIS, arraseo?” I cleared-out.

“Yes, leader,” Sehun and Tao replied.

I looked back at Hera, still mystified. “What did they want?” she asked.

“Just…eavesdropping,” I answered. “I think.”

“Oh,” she replied.

I went outside of the room.

“Where are you going?” she asked.

I looked back and smile. “Kitchen. Water. You pulled me against my will, remember? Do you want some water?” While I’m at it, I’ll try to kick some butts and smack some heads.

“Ok.”

I smiled and nodded. She smiled back and lied down.

It feels weird, a good kind of weird, in the pit of my stomach. Something’s cooking and I don’t want to know what it is. Because if I take a peek, I might just give in.