D.A - Day

To Hate, To Love

SUHO


It’s D.A Day. Devil’s Arrival Day.

Seriously, I wanted to fly out of the country and stay out until she leaves me alone. You know, for a hot girl, this one’s just as cold as liquid nitrogen! I think I’m getting back the hate. I’m so getting back the hate.

Woomin-hyung and Luhan-hyung made sure that every nooks and cranny of the dorm was spotless. They probably didn’t want the she-devil to criticize our home, OR they just want to impress or -up, whichever comes first.

Kris-hyung pleaded our manager to keep this a secret to the company for the mean time, just for a week. He explained the immense consequences of the situation OR he really wants Yoon Hera to be living in the dorm. Gladly, manager-hyung agreed to it. He talked to me, told me that it’s going to be hard for the team, myself especially because I’m the leader and I’m the one involved. I told him that EXO is too precious to me that I will do anything to keep it safe.

We also asked the management of the dorm to double their security because some obsessed fans slip-in inside the building without them knowing; they might know that a girl is living in our dorm and SM will probably “do something about it”.

It was pretty much planned, and we’re really praying that everything works out.

I sat on the couch, surrounded by EXO as they watch the TV. It was seven in the evening. They were concentrated on the football game they were watching as no one seems to breathe normally. I was staring at the TV blankly, waiting for Hera to arrive.

I hate to admit it, but I’m scared.

DING DONG~

All eyes on the door.

“Suho-hyung,” Sehun nudged me. “I think that’s for you.”

Giggles were in the air. I up my nerves and went to the door. I looked at the video intercom and confirmed our prediction. It really was for me. I saw the profile of her face but that was enough to know that it was her. Yoon Hera is waiting outside.

I opened the door, and a different sight than I was expecting was in front of me.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” she greeted with a smile and a bow.

Her hair was pulled back to a ponytail again. She wore casual clothes: long white shirt, blue jeans, flat shoes, and a hat. She also has a back pack behind her and a red medium-sized suitcase. Her face, although not much make-up was applied, still look beautiful.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” I bowed as well, half-heartedly.

“Can I come in?” she asked.

“Do I have a choice?” I asked, straight-faced.

She smiled. “Thanks,” she said, as she pulled in her suitcase.

“I’ll take your suitcase,” I offered.

“It’s okay, I can manage,” she said, still wearing a smile.

What’s up with the high mood?

“ANNYEONGHASEYO!” EXO greeted, their voice booming inside the dorm.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” she bowed and smiled. She took off her hat and I noticed that some eyes went even wider that they were before, especially Tao and Kai.

Giggles were still in the air.

Hera stood in front of the TV. Baekhyun swiftly turned it off, like they sense that she was going to say something. Finally, the football game was less entertaining; EXO have their eyes on to something from now on.

“Hello, I’m Yoon Hera, Jun Myeon’s fiancé,” she started. If only you can sell smiles, EXO would be millionaires by now.

“I’m sorry for the inconvenience but, WE decided that I live here for a moment,” she said, emphasizing on WE as in me and her. “It’s just I know how busy you guys are and I don’t think I can spent much time with Jun Myeon if I’m living in the hotel.”

“It’s okay. By the way, let us introduce ourselves. I’m Kris.”

“Hi, I’m Luhan.”

“Baekhyun-imnida.”

“Chanyeol-imnida.”

“I’m D.O.”

“Sehun; annyeonghaseyo. I’m the maknae.”

“Kai-imnida.”

“Tao-imnida.”

“Jongdae-imnida. But you can call me Chen.”

“I’m Woomin.”

“Lay-imnida.”

Then, they clapped. She clapped along.

“Noona, please sit down,” Chanyeol offered his seat on the couch.

“Thanks,” she said, taking the backpack off her. “You guys are handsome. No wonder you have so many fans.”

“Oh? You know us?” Baekhyun asked.

“Of course. I watched your videos all night so that I don’t feel left out.” She smiled. She looked at me and said, “What are you doing there? Here; sit,” she said as she patted the space beside her.

I hesitated but took her offer.

Giggly smiles surrounded us. I hated this feeling. I’m leader! I should be respected.

She smiled as I sat beside her. “So what are you guys up to? Oh, do you want to have dinner? My treat,” she said, looking at me.

“We… bought dinner,” I answered her. “We’re having dinner here.”

“Oh… okay… so let’s eat then,” she said.

The maknaes, Sehun, Tao and Kai, served the food on the small coffee table, passed chopsticks and rice to everybody. I looked over at Hera, she was having fun, I guess; looking at her lit-up face, I guess she was. She smiled and laughed when one of the guys blurt out some joke or silly antics. They were having fun. Unlike me, I was just sticking around because of the food.

“You okay?” she whispered.

I look at her, her face inches to mine. I blushed on the spot.

“Why are you so quiet?” she asked.

“I’m eating.”

“Okay,” she said with a guilty smile.

We ended dinner after a serving of rice cakes and some horrible, horrible awkward joke from Baekhyun. But they still ended up laughing. Hera massaged her cheeks after laughing so hard.

Sometimes, when her arm brushed accidentally to mine, I can’t help but feel tingles on my skin. Her soft milk-white skin just does her so much justice. I noticed that her eyelashes are a mile long, jet-black like her hair. She smelled like vanilla and honey, two scents I enjoy the most.

“Suho-hyung! Stop staring at her; it’s awkward,” Tao interrupted.

I looked at him, wanting to strangle him with my mind! “I’m not.”

“He’s not staring,” Kris-hyung to the rescue. “HE’S GAWKING!”

Thanks for the help!

“It’s okay,” Hera cut-in from the guys’ laughs. “He’s going to be fed up of me anyway…anytime soon.”

Awkward glances were thrown at me and Hera.

“Cha~ let’s clean up,” Woomin-hyung initiated. “You two stay here while we clean,” he told Hera and I.

I sat still while she was fiddling the zipper of her backpack. “Sorry about that.”

“Yeah, you really give a nice ending to the dinner,” I coldly told her.

“I was… sort of telling the truth.”

I looked at her. “What?”

“Don’t pretend that you like me. Like you said before, you hated me. Don’t tell me you’re having a change of mind?”

“I’m not…” I said.

“Then I was right, you will be fed up. So fed up, you’ll probably want to hurt me,” she said.

I was taken aback. “Why will I hurt you? Can’t I just hate you, but not hurt you?”

Her eyes were fixed to mine. I swear I thought I saw a hint of tears.

“Some tension…” Kris-hyung interrupted. “Hera, why don’t we show you to your bedroom. By the way, you’re sharing the room with Suho.”

“I gladly offer you my bed, Hera-noona,” Sehun smiled.

“Thanks,” she said, forcing a smile.

 

“You idiot, what did you do?” Luhan-hyung trapped me in his bedroom. “I saw what you did.”

“What did I do?”

“You we’re being mean to her. Can’t you just have some patience? Or kindness, even?”

I sighed. “She started it!”

“Can’t you be the better man, huh?” he looked annoyed.

“Why are you so mean to me?” I said, trying to pout. “I thought you’re on my side?”

“I am on your side, IF you’re not being a jerk. Look, she didn’t enter this dorm like a she-devil that we expected. At least she good at hiding that. But let’s not give her harsh treatment, because she’s not doing anything wrong.” Luhan-hyung, why do you have to point out my wrong doing? Right, you’re right.

There was a knock on the door.

“It’s Woomin. When are you guys going to come out?” he asked.

Luhan-hyung opened the door. There was laugher again in the living room. Chanyeol was making funny faces when we arrived. Hera was laughing again.

I sat beside her. “Sorry,” I whispered.

She looked at me. “Did you say something?” she said, laughing still.

I mouthed “Sor-ry”. She smiled softly, and nodded, like telling me got the message. Then and there, my heart felt a lot lighter.

“Oh, gosh look at the time,” she blurted, seeing the wall clock above the TV. It was past 1 in the morning. “Aren’t you guys tired?” she asked, looking around.

They all shook their heads.

“We’ll, it’s a bit too late for me. I have to hit the hay.” She stood up, bowed and said, “Good night boys; see you in the morning.”

“Late in the morning,” Kris corrected. “I don’t think anyone’s going to get up early,” he laughs.

“Okay then,” she smiled and headed for our room.

Everyone’s eyes we’re fixed on me. “What?” I asked.

Kris-hyung was frustrated. “Go. Sleep.”

“I’m not sleepy,” I answered, annoyed.

“GO.”

Everyone seems to want to say the same thing. I hate you guys right now.

I stood up and went for my room; correction, it’s my and Hera’s room now. Sheesh, I think I will never get used to calling it that.

I opened the door and saw Hera unpacking her suitcase. She looked at me and said, “Oh, it’s you.”

“Who else; this is my room.”

“Sorry,” she said, looking away.

I sat down on my bed. “I’m going to sleep now.”

“Okay,” she answered.

I lay in bed, crossed my arms and closed my eyes. I can still hear her unpacking. Honestly, I can’t sleep with the light still on and her fiddling with her suitcase. I need her to stop.

“Jun Myeon…” I heard her say.

“Ummm?”

“Good night.”

Her voice was warm as sunshine. Why? WHY? Why are you saying that to me?

“Okay,” was my reply. Idiot me; why can’t I just say the same thing to her. It’s just a simple ‘good night’.   

After about 20 minutes, the lights went out. I finally felt sleepy and let everything just drown in my sleep. I didn’t want to think of anything else.

 

I woke up at 8 in the morning. There was no schedule until 4 in the afternoon. I went straight to the bathroom and brushed my teeth; went back to my room and changed my clothes.

CRAP, wait! I slowly turned around, expecting for a pair of eyes looking at me. But she was not there. Her bed was tended, like no one slept there. Where is Hera?  

“Hera?” I called softly.

“Yes?” a voice answered from the living room.

Hera was sitting on the middle of the couch looking at me. She was wearing blue pajamas and black-rimmed glasses while holding a pencil on her hand and a sketch pad on her lap.

“I thought you ran away,” I said.

She smiled. “I will not give you the satisfaction.”

I smirked. “You’re up early,” I said, standing beside the couch.

“I couldn’t sleep,” she said. Her gaze went back to her sketch pad, a drawing of a gown drawn on the revealed page.

“Can I sit down?” I asked politely.

She looked up. “Yeah.”

As I sat, she said, “It’s not so hard right, being polite.” I can see her smile while she looked down on the pad.

“Sorry about last night.”

“It’s fine; past is past. It’s not a big deal either,” she said.

“I’m going to try to hate you less,” I said. “It’s not a snide comment. I mean it. You know how feel about you, right? But I’ll be less harsh.”

She smiled again.

“I understand.”

I look over to her drawing and was stunned at the intricacy on her drawing. She stoked and drew details on the pad until it was a perfect gown. I think it was called “mermaid style” dress, if I’m not mistaken.

“That’s gorgeous,” I complimented.

“Thanks, hubby.”

WHAT! HUBBY?

“What did you just say…”

“I said… thanks HUBBY.”

“Don’t call me that,” I told her. “Hey, I was nice to you just now.” I was annoyed.

Her eyes met mine. “I know, and I appreciate it. But don’t forget what my purpose of being here is, and it’s for you to play as my husband.” She smirked. “Don’t tell me you’re irked to death because I called you hubby?”

“Umm…yes. Can’t you tell?”

She smiled. “Then brace yourself ‘cause I have some more under my sleeve.”

My eyes widened. “Like what?”

She sighed. “Let’s see. There’s cuddling, holding hands, hugging…”

I stood up. “Stop!”

She smiled evilly. “I told you to brace yourself. We’ll hold hands later.”