Trust

The Tutor

 

I got distracted from the ongoing discussion when I saw Jinki sleeping on his desk. He was one table away from me to my left and the one in our middle was a nerdy guy that I don't really care about. I leaned forward my desk trying to take a good look at his scrunch face from the table, his usual position was his head tucked in between his arms but today his face was cutely plopped down on the table while his left arm stretched from his side dangling to the end of the table itself. I giggled lowly and scribbled down on the empty page of my notebook.

 

Wake up, honey~~ <3

 

I wrote and crumpled it. When the professor was facing the board, I threw it at him and it landed right on his nose. I muffled my laugh and faced front to not get caught but my line of vision was still on his. He groaned, crinkled his nose and scratched his hair. It took him a few minutes to realize that he was in class and groaned again. I giggled when he saw the crumpled paper on his opened book and turned around eyeing everyone. He then opened it up and read what was written. He grinned at the paper and took his pen clicking it and scribbling back to my note. When he finished writing, he jabbed Mr. Nerd and pointed at me. I waved at him cutely and waited for my reply which was passed over by our nerd bridge.

 

I'm awake, you should listen and don't bother me.

 

I pouted at the paper and glanced at him. He was sleeping again and this time facing the other side overwhelming the girl from his left because of the handsome view. I thought of a witty reply to bring him back to life. He was too smart to laze around. How troublesome...

 

"Hey, can you pass this to Onew?" the nerd flinched when I tapped his wrist. He blushed and stuttered, "I'm scared to wake him."

 

I choke my laugh and did a pleading puppy eyes, "Pleeeeeeeaaasseee???"

 

It took effect so I'm pretty pleased with myself. He gulped nervously and nodded shivering when he turned to Jinki. He squiggled away when Jinki suddenly grabbed the paper from his hand.

 

Jinki flew back erect to his seat and smirked at what was written on our mini conversation. He looked at me and winked seductively mouthing the word 'okay' afterwards.

 

If you listen to class, I'll let you tutor me in my room. ^w^~~ buing*

 

-----

 

Thank god the renovation finally ended and we were back from tutoring at the Teacher's lounge. The room we were in was improved but it sort of disappoints Jinki because there was a surveillance camera so he can't do any kisses and cuddles he always liked when we have time for ourselves. Jinki would often ask me if we could do the tutoring in his or my room but I would always refuse to frustrate him and hold it against him. I find it funny when he pouts to himself. He was cute.

 

We haven't seen Yoona for a week now and I somehow found it strange. If she's a ghost, well she really scared the hell out of Jinki. But I'm glad he recovered fast from the shock and we grew even closer than before. I felt how much he value me with every sweet gestures and over protectiveness.

 

We were always the hot topic of the school probably because we were now entitled as 'most perfect couple' close to Minho and Taeyon's 'the sweetest couple.' But I don't really believe the word 'perfect' fits our relationship, even us. So I preferably deny their entitlement. I think Minho and Taeyon suites that title better.

 

And speaking of Minho and Taeyon I haven't seen them either.

 

My train of thoughts suddenly vanished when the bell rang. Everyone gathered as quickly as possible not even minding what the professor was trying to remind us. I took down notes and fixed my things too. While everyone else were lining outside, Jinki stood behind my back and rested his chin on my shoulder making me giggle because it tickles.

 

"So, what's our agenda today." he chuckled and squeezed me in his arms. I laughed and tried to nudge him.

 

"We're headed for my room." I said and he muttered a little 'yey' on his lips.

 

But before we even went out someone knocked on the door of the classroom. We looked up and saw the secretary smiling pleasantly at us.

 

"Mr. Lee, the dean wants to speak with you." she said with a soft tone. Jinki turned to me with a confuse gaze and wheeled back to the secretary.

 

"Can I go with him?" I asked. The secretary nodded and moved out from the hallway to wait for us. We packed up and trailed behind the secretary.

 

"What does he wants from you?"

 

"I don't know maybe it's about my scholarship." he shrugged and glanced at me sideways. I flipped my hair beautifully so he can see it.

 

"Ohh..."

 

"You know that I'm graduating two years earlier than you right?" he smiled sweetly leaning a little closer.

 

"Yes, I still don't get why you got accepted in college that easily but still taking high school subjects."

 

"I'm smart."

 

"Yeah for a fact, don't rub it in my face." I nudged him and he just chuckled.

 

We held hands as we walked from the quick emptied hallway. He was playing with my fingers, twirling and pinching it slightly. I would yelp, giggle and pinch him back having fun with our little skin ship.

 

We entered the office and saw the tall handsome dean grinning at us as his welcome notice. I run to him and gave him a hug.

 

"Hey dashing." I joked. He laughed haughtily and pinched my nose. He turned to Jinki and nodded at him.

 

"Anyway, I sent you here because I sort of need an urgent tutor for a special student. Do have a sit." he motioned walking towards his chair to sit there as well. Jinki and I sat properly and watched him as he twisted a mini globe in his desk.

 

"I think Eveony is managing well in her studies because of your help and I'm very please by it. So I'm here again to ask you a favor to tutor one of my special students. It'll only take a few days since you'll be tutoring her with only one subject."

 

When I heard the word 'her' I immediately stiffened but I didn't show any signs of displease attitude and instead continue listening to their conversation.

 

"And what would the subject be?" Jinki asked, keen to the Dean's favor.

 

"It's Marketing 101. I believe you have mastered that subject well enough and she only needs the basics. It would probably be easy on you. And of course, I wouldn't leave you empty handed. Your scholarship will be push again for the next semester. What do you say?"

 

Jinki took the minute to pause and reflect. I watched them amaze. I don't really understand their topic but I guess it was important.

 

"May I know who I'll be working with?"

 

"It's Miss Im Yoona"

 

I yelped and panic turned to Jinki who apparently contemplates it calmly. I could only give him a stern look when he sighed heavily and leant on the couch as if to gesture that his thinking. I turned to Yunho who had his fingers crossed and waiting for his reply.

 

Would he risk?

 

He looked up and smiled to Yunho. I felt something stabbed my heart from the words followed from his lips.

 

“I’ll take it.”

 

-----

 

“Why did you take Yunho’s offer of tutoring her, are you out of your mind?!” I grumbled and started walking straight forward the hallway, Jinki behind me following. I was frustrated! I don’t know why he took that offer. It was absurd!

 

“No, I-I just want to prove to you how important you are to me.” He grabbed my wrist. I yanked his hand away and glared at him.

 

“You don’t need to! If you really want to forget her just forget and ignore her! You’ve just lifted her hopes up! You don’t need to put up an act!” I was about to turn away but he quickly embraced me from my back. This was the first time we fought and I felt stupid because of it. I felt jealous even if he had good intentions, I still felt jealous.

 

“I only want to try and prove to you what we have now and I’m not giving that up because of her.”

 

I sighed and twirled back to him cupping his cheeks.

 

“You don’t have to…Jinki…”

 

“I’ll protect you…”

 

“You don’t have to…”

 

“Trust me.”

 

-----

 

Jinki was so full of himself, so confident for not falling for Yoona all over again. Yea, he was confident alright! But what about me?

 

I’m not confident…

 

I saw her once but I could tell why on earth Jinki fell for her. She was beautiful, she was slender, and had a very gentle face. She can attract a thousand men with one smile. She looks smart and talented. I’m not so sure of proving myself as Jinki’s girlfri…well that. I don’t even know if I had guts to face her, as a rival? I really don’t know her aim here, is she here to get Jinki back?

 

No... I wouldn't allow it.

 

Unlike in Jessica’s era, I am confident of myself over her because Jinki was on my side and on my boundaries. But now that Yoona’s here I felt unsure of myself, my capabilities and my beauty towards Jinki. She already established a big influence and background on Jinki’s past. She holds an amount of memories from him, starting from his childhood to his teenage years. She holds his past.

 

But there was one thing I think I’m certain about Jinki compared to her.

 

I’m Jinki’s present and maybe his future.

 

And I’m glad he quite confirmed it.

 

I squished his hand firmly while we both made our way to the tutor room where we would meet Yoona again. I couldn't handle the thought of him staring at her or even crying uncontrollably. But as I looked at him now, he seems fine with it, like he knew this would happen.

 

Is it possible that he already knew this and confronted Yoona without me knowing?

 

I asked him, but he said no and I believe he was telling the truth. Jinki would never lie. Jinki would never secretly meet her.

 

But I haven't seen her for so long, one week? Was it possible for them to see each other? Jinki was always with me the whole time. The only time that we wouldn't see each other was when he attends his college subs. It would take him about three to four hours to stay there then we'll meet up immediately for tutoring or just hanging out. The only possible time he could see her is midnight.

 

What the hell. I don't even want to go there.

 

We paused when he stopped in his track. I blinked and stared at his handsome face.

 

"What's bothering you?" he said slightly pinching my hand.

 

"Everything."

 

He smiled and caressed my cheeks, "Don't be."

 

I sighed and nodded. I need to believe him. I have no other choice but to believe him.

 

I never felt this anxious before. But as soon as he opened the door I felt worse.

 

Yoona turned her head into our direction. She was sitting prettily at the chair from the corner end of the table, her eyes smile, her lips plump and pink, her hair dark and long, her cheeks tint of blush. She was wearing glasses, a simple white cardigan and denim pants. I mewled softly behind Jinki's back. Damn, she's pretty.

 

I turned to look at Jinki's features. Still the same, handsome looking professor with a ponytail hair and glasses as well, I hate him when he wears black fitted shirts because it brings out the manly curves of his body. Damn he's hot.

 

What the hell am I supposed to do? I'm stuck between two beautiful creatures.

 

"Hello." she greeted cheerfully and stood up bowing in the process. I managed to squirm in Jinki's side and bowed a little.

 

"Hey." Jinki retorted.

 

It wasn't that awkward at all as Jinki pulled me towards her on the table. Our sitting position was different. Jinki didn't sit beside me but rather sat at the end of the table where he could manage us two. I don't know why we need to be on one tutor time but hell I would rather sulk here seeing them than them tutoring without me.

 

They made a few glances at each other and smiled. She looked at me and smiled as well. I was stunned. She seems nice at all.

 

But I can't let my guard down.

 

I smiled too and started unpacking my stuffs. Jinki took the minute to breathe and stared at the books in front of him while tapping his fingers into a gallop-like sound.

 

"I hope you made quick scans into what I was tasked to teach you." he said glancing at Yoona.

 

"Yeah, I did. It wasn't that bad at all and I'm sure you'll do well in teaching me." Yoona said.

 

I caught Jinki smiled and flipped his book. It wasn't that big deal to me since Jinki changes his attitude towards people he knows. And he knows Yoona a lot. So that smile was no avail.

 

Still there was some kind of pinch on my heart.

 

We started off smoothly, Jinki paying attention to my questions while Yoona reading the part where Jinki told her to read. Then it got complicated when Yoona and I started asking questions at the same time, would stop, and wait for Jinki to choose to which he would respond first. He would always go for me, but as soon as I thought the topic was easy enough, he would entertain Yoona more making me less of his priority.

 

It was a sort of a secret battle between us. She would stare at me indirectly and I'll stare back at her then ask a question at the same time. Jinki doesn't have a clue on anything but I find it interesting to watch the confusion edged on his eyes as to where he would answer first, though the result hurts when he choose Yoona over me. I sighed and continued focusing on what I was reading.

 

“The central concept of Marketing is exchange. Have you memorized the meaning of Marketing?"

 

“Do I really have to?”

 

“Yes, it’s basic for you to know what the meaning of Marketing is.”

 

“Hmm…okay, Marketing is the process of planning and executing the conception, pricing, promotion, and distribution of ideas, goods, services to create exchanges that satisfy individual and organizational goals. This is right, right?”

 

“Yeah, you memorize it well.”

 

“I’m smart.”

 

Jinki smirked at her and they continued. I felt a nerve twitch. If you’re smart then why are you here?

 

“How about the Marketing Mix?”

 

“The Four P’s?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“Okay, that’s easy. It’s Product, Price, Place, and Promotion.”

 

“Good, turn your book to page twelve and understand why the Four P’s are relevant to Marketing.”

 

“You even know the page of the book.”

 

“Of course.”

 

What are they talking about? I have no idea.

 

"Hey Jinki..."

 

"Hm?"

 

He leaned in to listen and I definitely felt the creeping of curves from the end of my lips.

 

"I was wondering if you could explain this further..."

 

"Okay let me see." he took the book from my hands which made his palm slightly swept off pass my fingers. I giggled inside. It felt like I'm studying with my crush.

 

"When the Han left, Korea split into 3 kingdoms: the Koguryo, the Silla, and the Paekche. Each Kingdoms adopted different aspects of the Chinese culture. Koguryo adopted Buddhism, the Chinese code of law, the taxation system, and the bureaucracy. Bureaucracy is a government characterized by specializations, adherence to fixed rules, and a hierarchy of author. You should note that down…while Silla military follo–“

 

"Hey Jinki! I kind of didn't get this!" Yoona interrupted and yanked his arm. Jinki turned around and gave her a serious look.

 

"I was in the middle of explaining." he said coldly.

 

"Oh! I'm sorry I was too pre-occupied. I'm sorry." she apologetically said and turned to me. "I'm sorry Eveony."

 

I flinched, "You know me?"

 

She laughed lightly, "Well yeah, I can see your scribbled names with squiggly hearts in the end page of your book."

 

I unexpectedly laugh at it. It was true. I smiled at her and got back to Jinki who seems surprise as well.

 

"You can continue now."

 

-----

 

The tutoring ended and we were packing our stuffs already. As I put my books and notes inside, Jinki and Yoona were talking about something.

 

"I think I should just move my schedule with the tutoring because I really don't want to interfere with yours."

 

"No, it's fine."

 

"No, really I'll rather have a private one with yo-"

 

"It's fine! It's fine! I'm okay with it." I cut her off and jolted in their middle. It was my girly instincts to interject with what she plans to do. She moved back a bit and tried to restrain the disappointment seen on her face.

 

"Oh...o-okay, then I'll just stick around." her smile was so modest it caused me to cringe. She turned to Jinki, "See you." then waved goodbye and left the room.

 

Jinki and I stood there facing the door. He wasn't breathing again.

 

"I'm not dumb, Jinki."

 

"W-what do you mean?"

 

"Tell me, you've seen her somewhere..."

 

He paused but didn't face me.

 

"Yes."

 

"Did you talk to her?"

 

"Yes."

 

"What did she tell you?"

 

Another pause

 

"It's not important."

 

I took the minute to squeeze all the hard air in my lungs and heaved it off.

 

I'm worried.

 

"Jinki...you just lied to me..."

 

A/N: Oh no. Jinki lied. D:

 

Stay tuned for the next chapter ^^ to those who still reads this fiction and comments. I’m so thankful for not leaving it behind. I planned to finish this with you guys! ^^

 

Thank you so much!