To Linger

The Tutor

A/N: AFTER SIX WEEKS OF INTENSIVE LEARNING AND ACADEMIC COMPLETION. I'm finally here again!

I'm so sorry dear readers, if I was gone for a long time. But I cannot change the fact that school is my first priority. Since I'm running for laude.

 

so anway here's a short fluff off 2min. It's just a summarry, and certain things that were not seen in the actual story. Since this couple had been in the story for a while. I wanted to give them a special chapter. ^^

 

-----

 

 

I don't hate myself.

Even if how many times people tried to corner me, even if how many times people tell me how beautiful I am, even if how many times people tried to take advantage of my fragile form.

I just don't hate myself.

Since he told me I was a gift.

-----

There was something about this car that kept me nervous on my seat and it made me shift uncontrollably, my feet twirling from below. I sighed silently, rubbing my own palms together as I waited while looking down on my French tip nails. I can sense the driver of the car staring at me from the rear view mirror so I tilted my head and smiled at him.

"It's alright to be nervous in a new environment. I'm sure you're going to make friends." he spoke while he playfully tapped the stirring wheel following the beat of the music playing in the tuner. I smiled at him and nodded. He was a kind old man and it seems that he somehow decreased the burden I was feeling. I sighed absurdly and looked on my left, seeing people passing by with trolleys on their hands, some were walking in a relax manner while others prefer to run. I just sat there and stared at a random point of interest, on the cute little boy who kept running around in circles.

The other door stridently opened and I jumped when the girl we were waiting entered the car. She was quite a shocker on her look but I can sense that it was just her outer self, seeing her eyes so vividly shadowed with sadness.

I nodded for a second and she did nod back, I guess.

I didn't know that this girl beside me was going to be an important person in the future.

-----

Settling down on my room was nice. I liked how it was decorated and I smiled when I remembered my father. How much he refused to let me stay here was nothing compared to his love shown in this room. Above all I still won his heart. I was a little spoiled but I never did once fail him.

I was a good girl, not that I'm bragging about it but everyone seems to like me a lot. I got a lot of attention to people which often I respectfully appreciate or just seldom ignore when at times it becomes annoying. Everyone tells me how beautiful and delicate I am and was often called as the fragile flower. But even so I don't think of it as something to be embarrassed about. I felt lucky in a way but I honestly could tell that it was a burden sometimes. Because of myself, I need to be protected from people who try to take advantage of me.

"Hello?"

"Taeyonna, you should try and speak up a little. No one's gonna hear you in there." her voice reached through my phone and I smiled, nodding to her.

"Okay, Yoona."

I heard a brief sigh on the other line of my phone, "I miss you already girlfriend. I hope you're okay and I still can't believe you left me here in the hospital."

It was my moment of silence. I almost regret it when she said that.

"I'm sorry."

"You know what? It’s okay. Yeah. I would do the same thing for a guy if I love him so much. Just so you know that I'll be coming back there as well once I get out of here."

"But Yoona your condition."

"I know my condition and I'll tell you that I can do it."

"But"

"Trust me." I can feel her brave smile through our conversation and I can't help but to do the same thing as her, the strong willed friend I have was giving me such boost.

And besides, I'm already here. There was no such thing as turning back now.

"I have to go, doc's here. Good luck finding your prince Taeyonnie." Yoona said and I bid my goodbye before putting the phone down. Maybe, a really good luck was all I need, finding a single person in such a big school and in such a lucrative country.

Good luck, yeah, probably.

I sat on my bed, eyes on that jersey jacket neatly folded on my side. I took it and carefully rubbed the embedded name on the jersey's back.

Choi Minho.

The name reminded me of summer, where I first met Choi Minho in the most outrageous way.

Choi Minho came down from heaven and saved me from the arms of three foolish men who attempted to harass me.

Choi Minho beat them and got me out of that cold narrow street.  He smiled at me and gave me his jersey jacket to ease my shuddering form. And when I cried and asked the Lord why I have this kind of faith of being so beautifully vulnerable, Choi Minho told me it was going to be fine and he added that I was a fragile gift that needs to be protected.

Choi Minho smiled at me when I told him I was scared.

But he held my hand and said, "I'll protect you." and walked me all the way home, finding it hard to believe that I was comforted by a stranger who doesn't even know my name.

Since he didn't ask for it

It was just his name and face that I knew on that day we first met. And instantly, I fell for him. He lit up the spark in me that no one had ever broken through.

I never did believe in love at first sight. But now that I've seen the actual effect through my own eyes, it was clearer to me that I need to disagree with my first belief. In which I concluded that love happens naturally, in a way you least expect it, in a way you never ask for it, and in a way you just unconsciously fall for it.

And now that it has come to me. I've realized how much effort and trouble I made just to see him once more and to tell him that I love him.

Like it was that easy.

Finding such prince charming

-----


It has been weeks since the first I started attending this school. Everything was fine and smooth sailing. I didn't expect people to give me a lot of attention but the minute I stepped on to the room and introduced myself, I was already very much appreciated. I was happy when a few of my classmates started approaching but the point of having to deal with glares was still unavoidable.

I haven't seen him at all but I learned a lot of facts from the other students, mostly consisting of him joining the varsity and the so called dream boy of the school. I was a little sad by the fact and I wished I could see him and talk to him like before or even tell him the reason why I was here in Korea. But I don't think there's a chance for it to happen since Choi Minho is a popular guy. He would never ever again set his eyes on me.

And I felt how sad it was to deal with unbalance emotions, just having to stay here with uncertainty and no actual reason was crucial. What more to a single wish destined not to be fulfilled?

And thinking of it too much made me face danger again, dragged into a dark street by a man who took advantage of how fragile I am at the moment. I cried and pleaded but he won't listen. I tried to scream but then he showed his knife and covered my face. I have no chance against him and it made me think that it was the end, just like that.

Until someone showed up and approached him like it was nothing, saved me from near death again. Though he was not a guy and I was so thankful enough to recognize her so easily.

She was that girl in the car.

-----


I haven't gotten much of a choice but to enter a pageant. Since everyone picked me as the representative. But to be honest I enjoy joining these kinds of contest, especially when it has talent portions.

What surprised me more was that I got paired up with Eveony, who unexpectedly joined the pageant as well.

Unnie was a great friend and I've always stick around her every now and then. I like her so much I just wanted to be with her every time.

And Eveony unnie introduced me to Onew oppa. I've seen him before, usually passing by at the hallway at 4 o'clock, the same time I finish my daily activities and probably standing in front of my door and turning the knob. Onew oppa was unnie's tutor and I was delighted when he told me that his father works for my dad's company. And even when he said that I was beautiful.

I often see him at random days in which he would greet me first with a simple 'hey' and coldly walks away.

But Onew oppa was the first guy who caught my attention and befriends with. It came to the point where he escorted me when I won the pageant. He was a caring person but doesn't show it publicly but rather personally and I sort of felt at ease being with him that time. He filled up the void I have for Choi Minho.

That day on unnie's birthday, I got paired up with him since Eveony and Jonghyun were together. It wasn't that awkward at all and we just casually talked and made fun of things. He was in a hard-to-read kind of mood but he never complained being with me, so I felt a little shy about it.

I was a bit uncomfortable when we entered that Tunnel of Love because it was supposed to be for couples and we were not. But he looked fine from my perspective and once again we started talking about things to get us out of that tongue-tied situation.

In the middle of that scenario, Onew oppa confessed that he likes me and I honestly told him that I like him too. But the thing about us liking each other was far from being together, it was, in what he stated, the fondness of having the company of each other. And besides, I can clearly see who he likes just from my point of view. I could see it by the way he silently watched the other two.

 And it seems that my love for Choi Minho still remained.

-----


I thought of giving up. It's been months but still there was no sign of him anywhere. I asked unnie about it but she told me to wait patiently, because good things come to those who wait. And so I tried to, waiting patiently for something to happen, but instead, after a month of nothing, God gave me something I thought I couldn't cope up with.

Eveony was in the hospital and I can't help crying and blaming myself for not finding her in time.

But that accident triggered everything else

It was obvious now, how Onew oppa really cared for her and how Jonghyun oppa's sudden leave opened new doors to new relationship and as far as I foretold, a relationship between the two in denial person.

And then, all of a sudden...

Choi Minho showed up in front of me and gave me a simple smile.

I fainted that time due to the pressure and surprise state but I was so happy to at least see him so close.

But God, really planned everything for me.

The next morning, while I was daydreaming in my class, there was a sudden sly knock on the door and when I turned around.

He appeared again.

He stood there, smiling and holding out his medal. The class went wild after that even the professor. They all threw their arms around him, congratulating him for his accomplishment.

But I saw something else, recalling the way he treated me back when I was in the state. He still had that scruffy wild hair and those big deer eyes, but his smile made rapid flutters on my stomach more uncontainable.

Out of that crowd, his eyes turned to me, catching me in my own dilemma. I flinched by his sudden gaze and tried to turn my head around, fidgeting and closing the gap between my fingers by curling it.

The professor told us to sit down, and once again I flinched when I felt the empty seat beside me creaked. I realized now why my classmates put me in here, all alone and isolated at the start of the class. This was their reason.

It was uncomfortable to be this close and yet as high as cloud nine on how it felt to be this close. To him, who probably have no idea who I am and what he had done to change my life. It was certain that the mere fact that there was this person breathing beside me, making me feel like I was being watched was making my bolts turn into a loose screw. I want to go out and...scream my silent feelings.



"Hi."

And he spoke, clearly beside me. My peripheral vision was a hundred percent sure that I was the one being greeted by him.

I closed my eyes and prayed, wishing that my face looked fine today. I was so at lost when I saw him at the hospital yesterday. My heart wanted to come off in my rib cage at this moment and I was so brave to turn my head around to face him

Up close and personal

"H-hello..." I squeaked, and he chuckled, the sound of his soft laugh reached my ears. It was audibly charming that I don't even need to see how he looked.

"I thought you'll faint again." he said and turned straight to his seat, looking at the professor with a wide grin.

-----

Meanings, full of obvious meanings, such feelings bubbling on my nerves, wanted to burst from what I can see. He was glancing at me the whole time, throwing simple stares at my form as if he was scrutinizing me. I wanted to turn my head from him, but I can't. I seriously can't. If I did, I'll be dying right on my spot.

"Taeyonnie.."

"You know me?" I surprisingly answered back, looking at him in the eyes. He smiled and pointed on my notebook and I almost laughed at what he pointed to.

"You've been scribbling your name since I sat here." he lowly chuckled crossing his arms and leaning back against the spine of his chair. It was embarrassing yet fascinating at the same time. There was no need for introductions, since I unknowingly did it already.

"I'm sure enough that you know me." he added, his voice coming from the back of my neck since I bowed my head a little, trying to get on the next page of my notebook without flipping out.

And without warning, he moved back again, curling his arms on his chest and placing himself lower from the table to see my face.

I couldn't help but to look at him and saw how his big eyes turned soft and his pear shape lips made a thin curve.

"I hope you still have my jersey jacket."

-----

We sat on the old oak tree behind the campus. Away from people who look at us in a different feel, like we were some kind if demigods walking around. I knew we were the talk of the school body. Our relationship bloomed in the newspapers with all eyes and ears waiting, to what was next for us.
 

This old oak tree was our friend, our house, hiding us away from those curious eyes. The rays of sunshine peaked through the cuddled green leaves on the branches. I looked up from it and smiled, my head unconsciously leaning against his broad shoulders.

I didn't predict things to happen. But the moment I realized that he was Onew oppa's friend and that he saved Eveony just like what he did to me, then, it wasn't even hard to get close to him anymore.
 

And everything else happened naturally.

"I love you." I said. I have the courage to, now that I've been with him for a while. The feel of our relationship was like a stream, gentle and flowing right on its own accord.

"I love you too." he whispered, his hand making way to mine, placing it on top of my fingers. We smiled at each other and made the happiest sigh. It wasn't even hard to fall like this. How things just surprisingly put into what I have dreamt of to be. It was captivating, to fall like this and get the same feeling in return.

And there were certain things that were better left unsaid. The actions that were thought to never happen and yet it was there, bold and free in front of us.

As we both leaned in for a gentle kiss.

And promised that we'll be together from now on

There was more than happiness that I contained inside of me.

Since there was something good that came out from all those wait.

 

----

 

A/N: I'll be incubating for the last TWO chapters of the story. to at least give you guys an ending you would never forget. :)

I can't believe there are only two chapters, /sniffs/ thank you for being with me.