I Didn't Choose, I Love

The Tutor

 

It wasn't right to leave her like that.

 

It wasn't right to let go of her hand.

 

But I couldn't just let go of Yoona like that, after she had given me the freedom to choose who deserves to make me happy. This was the only way to repay her my freedom, at least giving her the chance to feel that I still care for her.

 

I was with her but all the time my mind was asking questions about the girl who I left outside crying.

 

Is she alright?

 

Did she run away?

 

Should I go after her?

 

What if she stabs herself?

 

My mind was going crazy from the thoughts. I regretted leaving her there but in the midst of that situation I was hoping she would understand. That she would see this in a lighter way. That she would understand why I left her because of Yoona's condition and not because I love Yoona more than her. But I guess I was completely wrong about it and I couldn't do anything for now but to wait and grip on to the sheet of the bed's mattress.

 

"Don't waste your time." A short mumbling voice echoed on my ear and I looked up surprise to see Yoona's half lid eyes staring at me. I moved closer and cupped her cheek gently. It was not a fatal attack that had brought her here. It was just some kind of reaction due to stress and over fatigue. She'd been working too much to gain my love back.

 

"Are you okay?" I told her lowly. But she frowned and tapped my cheek lightly with her fingers.

 

"Pabo. Don't worry about me. Go after her. I know she's waiting. And you're so stupid for being here. Get out and find her." she ordered furrowing her eyebrows with a little pout. I chuckled, honestly confused about what she said.

 

"What are you saying?"

 

"I've been watching you all this time and you had this scornful face. You were probably regretting your decision to follow me. So just go, I hate to see you in that face coz I'm the one causing it" she smiled solemnly, her eyes streaming with sad tears. I sighed and stood up leaning over for a second and giving her a light peck and the forehead.

 

"Thank you, Yoona." I said smiling at her to full extent. She smiled back and slapped my arm.

 

"Go."

 

I squeezed her hand before putting it back carefully on her side. I turned around and walked slowly away from her. I knew she would cry but I also knew I had to stay firm. The door creaked open and I walked out to close it afterward seeing her face for the last time before uttering the word

 

"Goodbye."

 

Thank you Yoona, goodbye.

 

-----

 

It was pouring rain really hard. The hospital suddenly became crowded with people. I felt anxiety because of the burning feeling of Eveony's absence. I should have just asked her to come. Why was I so stupid? I have no idea how to deal with those types of situations. How can I just put up with those stupid uncertain moves? And now I'm suffering because of it.

 

I'm so stupid.

 

I growled half-pissed of myself. Eveony must have thought I chose Yoona over her. But it's not like that. I just want to make sure Yoona was okay because of her condition. It was always her in my mind and I knew now how I really felt for her.

 

But I hope I'm not too late to tell her.

 

I bumped into someone at the corridor and when I turned around it was Minho also gasping for air, his hair and clothes were soaking wet.

 

"Hey! I've been looking for you!" he said breathless. I composed myself and patted him.

 

"I can't find Eveony, she didn't return to school and she was out there somewhere. It's dangerous, you need to find her." he said shooting his eyes on me. I nodded shifting my weight to a run off.

 

"Thanks man." I jolted from my position and left him.

 

"Where's Taeyon?" Minho shouted, "She's in room 405 with Yoona." I retorted back. I was about to turn again but he stopped me.

 

"Yah, take this." Minho threw his umbrella and I caught it in mid-air.

 

"Thanks." I smiled at him and he retorted with a grin.

 

"Go find your lost love." he said before turning around.

 

Right. Find.

 

I moved out of the hospital's entrance. I couldn't see anything, a vision of a blur street covered with mist or fog from the hard rain. I opened the umbrella and walked fast. I don't have much time to waste because I need to find her as quickly as possible. All thoughts on her, all possible feelings I felt for her, were bursting in my body throughout this storm.

 

Where are you?

 

Where are you Eveony?

 

I tried to adjust my eyes because there was nothing to see but a blur of fading colors. I've looked everywhere for her and my hopes were becoming a mixture of failure and regret.

 

But I don't have the right to give up now.

 

Because Eveony didn't give up on me

 

I stopped and looked at a certain area from the park we left hours ago. I had the strangest of feeling that someone was there on the misty playground. I sprinted from where I stood to that one spot under the slide that hit my mind to just go there.

 

The rain started to smooth down, only sprinkled with little droplets from the wet ground. And I stood there peaking under the slide with a smile scattered on my face.

 

I found her.

 

-----

 

The cold was unbearable. I was shivering as I clutched my knees near my chest and hugged my body to decrease the cold. Why I am here I actually don't know. My thoughts were telling me that I should stay here and wait for someone to find me. But I couldn't tell if it was Jinki that would find me here, since he already chose Yoona over me.

 

He still loves her.

 

I tried to stop the tears that kept streaming on my puffy eyes. I was hurt but I need to accept that no one would be able to love me unconditionally.  No one would see me as someone to be love. The thoughts burned me inside, my chest tight and I can't breathe. All the while I've been alone from the start.

 

"Hey Kitty..."

 

I flinched and almost hit my head from the slide's cemented back. My eyes started focusing on the familiar form from the side of the slide. I don't know what to feel the moment our eyes were contact. I shuddered and felt I should move out from my hiding. I felt that I need to run away again but deep inside I was hoping he would stop me.

 

"Where are you going?" he said with a hint of laughter. I growled and actually walked out of the scene. He did follow me but his face was full of mockery. He was laughing, what the hell.

 

"Away from you." I said trying not to break out into sobs. What he did was a hell of a heartbreaking experience. It was weird to feel anger and joy at the same time, because of what he did and because he also came back.

 

"What happened earlier isn't exactly what it means. Would you stop running away from me! I've been looking for you for hours. Yah!" He screamed speeding up his pace and it was almost at the same pace as mine. I giggled inside, it was wrong to feel this way. Like we were playing and everything was light. But I was supposed to be mad at him, but I still can't. Darn it!

 

"I hate you for having long legs! Will you stop following me? It doesn't matter! Get lost stupid Jinki." I don't know what I'm saying, it was mixed with emotions. I glared at him but not exactly turning towards were I would meet his eyes.

 

"We're almost in the same height." he muttered with a chuckle. I growled, I hate it when he makes fun of me in weird situations.

 

"Shut the hell up and don't follow me!"

 

It was clumsy of me to turn my head to the side and not look as to where I was speed walking. I squealed when I suddenly tripped over a stone and almost fell.

 

Yep, almost fell.

 

His strong arms caught me just in time, hugging my body close to his chest. The umbrella he was holding dropped and flew away from our sight. Our hair was a mess as the wind blew on our skin. Our face inches away from each other, close enough to plant a kiss from each lips. I didn't move and instead stared at his deep eyes. He was always handsome and would always make me swoon over him.

 

He sighed and hugged me, squeezing my body from his. I cuddled back because I missed that warmth he always had, the scent of his manly perfume, his strong back muscles, and his chubby cheeks. His everything…

 

It was absurd to even fight back and argue with him when all the while I was hoping this would happen.

 

And it did.

 

He came back for me.

 

It was enough to make me happy.

 

"I'm sorry Eveony for leaving you like that. I didn't tell you that Yoona was sick and I just did that because she had done something for me that would make us both happy." he said cupping my cheeks. I flushed down and looked at his sincere eyes. His explanation didn't matter to me.

 

"She set me free, Eveony, to seize what my heart desires." Jinki smiled and took my hand to kiss it then place it on his beating heart. He fondled it gently and gave me a soft peck on the cheek. I grew breathless, I wasn't prepared for any of this to happen and yet the excitement threw me off guard.

 

He leaned close and breathed against my ear, his breath tickled my skin causing me to shudder.

 

"I love you, Eveony."

 

I gasped. Jinki whispered the three words I've wanted to hear from the longest time. He had finally revealed his true feelings for me and I can't be happier.

 

"I love you too, Jinki. I love you so much." I sobbed out and ran my hands along his nape. We kissed as if it was our first. He nibbled my lips tenderly drawing me into his full bloomed love. The tears of happiness were emerging on and on as I smiled to our kiss. He pulled back and wiped off the tears from my eyes using his thumb. I could only cry my lungs out.

 

"Ssshh...stop crying." He whispered kissing my closed eyes and nose then back to my lips again. I love this feeling. I love it more than anything. I couldn't be happier.

 

"Thank you...thank you for considering me. Thank you for choosing me." I beamed at him and held much longer to his frame. The rain stopped and the air was golden and soft.

 

"You were never a choice." He said trailing his hands on my hair. I looked up at him and watched his plump lips curved to a grin.

 

"Because it was always you from the start." his smiled imprinted on his face. I sobbed once more and hugged him, my face buried from his chest. I felt so happy and so relieved. For once, I experienced being loved for who I am again.

 

We stayed there for a while kissing and cuddling, walking to puddles of water that mirrored our glowing faces full of returned love. I sighed happily moving closer to his frame.

 

"So tell me, why haven't you asked me out as your girlfriend?" I asked him. Jinki gave me a puzzled look and halted.

 

"You are from the day I told you I like you."

 

"I am?" I was shock. All this time I'm wondering why he hasn’t asked me. He chuckled and kissed my lips quickly.

 

"You are so naive." Jinki laughed but he got serious afterward and held my hands firmly on top of his. He knelt down to his knees and smiled sheepishly. I squealed so girlishly.

 

 

"Eveony, please be my girlfriend." His dashing smile made me see heaven right in front of my eyes.

 

"Yes! Yes! Jinki! Of course!" I screamed and cherished that entire moment.

 

He chuckled and pulled me close again. He kept kissing me until we got back to the school. And everyone acknowledge what kind of relationship we now have.

 

This day turned out so fine and so lovely.

 

I will never regret loving my tutor.

 

A/N: Aaaahh…the light feeling is back :D I’m so happy for them. Stay tuned for the next chapter! A new life for the two of them waits! ^___^