The First Glance

The Tutor

Updated: 4/5/2012 ---I tried revising my old chapters, proof-reading and stuffs. ^^ I can honestly tell I improved a lot with my writing hahaha, thanks to you guys ^^.

“I swear, Dad, I would totally run away from here if you force me on getting at that dump school!” I was so furious with my Dad, glaring at him for the whole time, he doesn’t seem to acknowledge my anger and continue looking at the brochure. 
 
“Your Cousin is waiting for you there and he is happy that you are attending his school, besides, your grades were extremely dreadful and if it was not for me that pleaded your teacher you would have failed your second to the last year of school! Your mom would be very disappointed in you.” He handed me the brochure and I took it. 
 
“I can’t believe you! You would have told me about this! You should ask me first! It’s like you are saying my decisions doesn't matter anymore!” I kept on yelling at him with my lungs all tire out. It doesn’t have to be this way if he had told me earlier. 
 
“You’re going to enjoy that school because I assure you and you have awful grades, your teachers will help you with that plus I told your cousin to get you a tutor. I would pay extra bucks for that too,” 
 
“Why do you have to do that? It’s not necessary! I don’t need this!” I crumpled the brochure and threw it in front of him. 
 
“Eve! Since when did you became such a disrespectful child!” he said, anger appearing in his eyes, I stand there, defending myself. 
 
“Since the day, you left mom! You jer-!” before I could even finish my last statement he slapped me hard in the face. I yelped in surprise. The heat burned my cheek, I became teary but I did not even turn to cry, instead I stomped upstairs away from him. This should not be happening if it weren’t for him. This was his fault. 
 
I smashed the door to my room and entered the bathroom, before I could even touch my cheek, I started crying like crazy! Not because of the argument, but because of the hard slap dad gave me. Thanks a lot dad, you just ruined my pretty face. 
 
My dark make-up seems to make my face so abstract that I just have to cleanse it up. After reaching for the towel, I saw myself in the mirror, the natural me, then I remembered what mom said before she died. 
 
“Bunny, my precious daughter, your natural beauty is amazing; please do not overuse make-up in your face all right? You don’t have too.” 
 
“But, Mom, everyone does this at school, and I think its cool.” 
 
“Oh, child, you don’t need make-up to be beautiful. Here is the best way to be beautiful. And you are pretty enough for make-up. All you have to do now is to be lovable and stay healthy.”  She touched my chest and felt my heart.

 

I could not ask for more to a mother like her. If she was still here with me I don't have to be like this in the first place. 
 
I sighed as I made some countless mommie flashback. After my sessions in the bathroom, I jumped right to my bed and called my best friend. 
 
“Dongsaeyo?” 
 
“Sunny…”  I whispered to the phone. 
 
“Ohh, annyeong,..omo, why do you sound like your crying? Did you fight with your dad again?” She just knew everything I just had to tell her. 
 
“Yep, listen…my dad shipped me to my cousin’s school.” 
 
“What? No way! That’s totally gross!” 
 
“I know, Karma is taking its revenge against me.” 
 
“That’s because of your grades. You should have known better, you were quiet smart when we were young!” 
 
“Nah, anyway, since there is no turning back and I have to leave here soon. I’ll miss you!” 
 
“You’re making me cry! I’m gonna miss you too! I’ll visit you when I’m not busy and talk to you a lot on the phone. So just please don’t forget me as your friend okay?” She said sniffing. I just made my best friend cry. 
 
“I’m so regretting this day too and I haven’t even hooked up with that guy yet.” 
 
“Yeh, he’s such a cutie.” 
 
“Well, anyway you can have him. I think he has his eyes for you back then.” 
 
“Really? I think so too! Haha” there goes her flirty side. I just smiled to her answer, it made me realize that I’ve been trying hard to hook up with that guy and now I’m just going to give him all up. Too much for one big move school operation, Life is stupid sometimes. 
 
“I’ll meet you there tomorrow, Eve, my sister’s whining a lot now so I gotta go. I’ll be there tomorrow.” 
 
“Okay, see yah, I’ll hang up now.” 
 
I dropped the phone on the floor and looked at the ceiling wondering what lies ahead for me in that school. Maybe I will just get into so much trouble that my cousin cannot help but to throw me out of the school. Yeah…that’s a great idea. 
 
To think about the positive sides I don’t need to go to my stupid old school and I’m sure all the teachers there should be at their outmost relief that Eveony was now out of their lives. Of course, my frienemis were happy too, taking all the guys that drooled over me. Well that was life and the way I live it for the past five years. 
 
It took me half hour to clear my mind and fell into a deep slumber. I haven’t got any sleep in weeks since I started attending parties all over the place, hooking up with the strangest guys I ever known. I do not date them. They are just past time. 
 
I dreamed of my mom again, telling me something that I need to understand…but I still can’t. 
 
I woke up with heavy eyes, everything seems to be out of place right now and my head was all mashed-up. I headed downstairs and saw my father’s girlfriend. Great, just great… 
 
“Oh, hello there Evieeee! Morning!” She looked so happy to see me, well I didn’t. 
 
“Why are you here? Did I tell you to be here? You filthy little .” I told her directly, grabbing my bowl and some hot cup of tea. She looked displeased and as if like I care. 
 
“Listen, kid, I’m going to be your mother soon enough after your dad marries me, so I need respect!” She growled in anger, I just rolled my eyes and glared at her. 
 
“You listen, you’re just here acting like miss goody two shoes, but you just want my dad for his money. Am I right? Don’t try and act nice to me. I’m not as thick as my dad who fell for your ty seduction and maybe I’m not as smart as what others may think but I’m not going to fall for your tricks.” I said to her. Her hand clutching in anger, then she suddenly relaxed and smiled. 
 
“I know you aren’t the smart one. So I suggested him to take you to that school.” She smiled wickedly and it hit me right through my brain. So she was the one who planned all this! 
 
“You sick wicked !” I was about to slap her face when suddenly my dad came out of the door and stopped us. It was a bad moment but I did not care less. It was a bad start of a morning rise. This was an additional positive side to the shifting school operation. I do not tend to see my dad’s girlfriend and not ruin my life continually. 
 
Hours later, while I was in the living room watching TV, I saw my dad and the hugging one another at the kitchen area. What a disgusting view it was until Sunny, my best bud, came. Good, I need someone to brighten up my burden day! I opened the door and there she was standing smiling at me. I hugged her tight and dragged her to the living room. I told her everything that needs to be told and she listened carefully, collecting all the confound details. 
 
“She’s so gross! I can’t believe you were able to hang in for five years attached to her.” She said. 
 
“Seriously, if it wasn’t for my dad, I would have killed her five years ago.” Sunny burst into laughter. 
 
“But you know she was totally right. Sooner or later your dad’s gonna propose to her and you can’t do anything about it.” She whispered turning the TV volume a bit louder so that the two of them can’t hear. 
 
“I’m pretty sure my dad was just easing off time, he’s not fully recovered you know, and of course that ’s embracing my dad’s money. She’s thinking that if she were to marry my dad, she would probably be in total luxury! I need proof that she’s just playing around but I just can’t do it because of my own crazy life!” I said to her. She patted my shoulders in comfort. 
 
“And since you are going to a new school, that’s a problem” 
 
“I’m confident that he would never propose to her if he didn’t get my approval.” 
 
“And he never will” Sunny added, I beamed at her for taking my side. My day turned out well when Sunny came. She was the total opposite of me and yet she became my friend and I was really happy. 
 
 
 As the time grew shorter and the day of the move came forth, I received farewells to those few people who established relationship with my life. Of course none of them cried because they were rejoicing that I am out of their lives. Enemies I established. I don’t care really. They were out of my life too. 
 
I sighed when I heard my flight number on board. I turned around to see if my dad and his girlfriend were still there, waving goodbyes. Sunny hugged me for the last moment and cried. I kissed her gently and told her that I will be back soon. 
 
So this was it, I was arguing with myself if I would just run away and rebuild my own existence but then again I realized that maybe this was for the best. That maybe my mom told me in my dreams to do this. With one big heave of breath, I walked towards the plane and let go of everything… 
 
 
I was at my seat resting with my hair tied at the very top of my head and my face full of make-up, I felt safe protecting my own true identity. 
 
“Hey, girly you look really really scary…” I heard a tiny voice beside me. It was a kid that sat next to me and her sister right beside him. 
 
“Yeah, she looks like a zombie with her dark mekup-“Her broken vocals and their solid laughter were so loud that every passenger looked at me and have this silly smile on their faces.  And so I was fed up. 
 
“Listen kids, if you have a problem with my appearance then get over it and keep quiet otherwise I would experiment on both of you. Let’s see who could stay alive when I let two young kids go out on this plane for a thrilling free fall.” I smiled at them wickedly and turned my head away. We did not have a problem after that. 
 
It was a two hour travel. My stinking hurts a lot when I stood up and aimed for my bags. I walked over to the arriving passenger station where I looked for my ride to the school. I saw a woman in her 50’s holding a sign that said KIM. That should be my ride then. 
 
I walked towards her. She asked me if I was Eveony Kim and I told her I was. She then guided me to the car. 
 
I entered the car and saw this beautiful girl about my age and sat right next to her. She was surprise with my appearance and flushed down. Well, I get that a lot. 
 
We arrived before I expected it. The woman escorted me to the Students building where the dorms were found. The school was huge. 
 
I didn’t notice before that the girl I sat in the car with was next to me too. By the way she looked, a simple white top with a pink hood and skirt, I can see that she was sophisticated and well-mannered. At first it irritated me until I cannot help but to look at her angelic face. I wore a dark tank top with imprinted skull, military pants, plus a pair of dirty sneakers and a nice snobbish face. Great we totally looked the opposite 
 
“Hey.” I asked her. She flinched then turned to face me and smiled. 
 
“H-Hello.” She stuttered. I understand her completely. Who would want to talk to a girl as crazy looking as me! 
 
“hmm…yer name?” I said softly not wanting to scare her off. 
 
“Taee-“ But before she could finish. The woman interjected and stood in front of a door, supposedly that was her room. The driver put her luggage inside and we continue walking, I turned around saw her smile and waved goodbye. I smiled too. Wow, at least someone was nice to me but I didn’t get her name. 
 
“Before we drop you off to your room, Ms. Kim, the Dean wants to see you first in his office.” The woman muttered interrupting my thoughts. I just nodded and walked. We reached the main office, the woman and the driver waited outside the door as I entered. I walked to the lady near the second door and tapped her table gently. 
 
“Excuse me.” 
 
“Oh..Yes? May I help you?” When she looked up to see me she was in total shock and threw herself to the floor. I was mildly satisfied. The door she was near with opened furiously and banged the walls. 
 
“What happened?!” the man yelled in surprised. I was surprised also to see him. 
 
“YUNHO-OPPA!!!” I screamed at his face and lunged him with a big hug. He laughed and hugged me back. 
 
“Ohh…my sweet, sweet baby Cousin, you totally grew up eh? And change a bit.” Oppa said poking my forehead. I haven’t seen him since I was ten and totally missed him and thank god he was still gorgeous as ever! 
 
“My my, oppa, you have not change a bit. What is your age really? You are too young to be a dean. ” I smiled crookedly. He grinned and pinched my nose. 
 
“I’m already in my near 30’s and yes, I was young to be a dean but hey, I struggle it didn’t I?” he said. The lady who momentarily fainted came back to her senses. 
 
“Uhmm… excuse me Sir, is she the cousin you told me about?” she said in disbelief. 
 
“Yes she is, you may give her the schedule of her classes plus the uniform she will wear.” 
 
“Uniform?” I gasped and his eyes opened. 
 
“Yes, we have uniforms here and rules. I am talking to you now as the Dean so please no make-up in your face young lady.” He said. I staggered and made buts. 
 
“Oh please not the make-up! I need this and it’s a part of my life… please?” I pleaded him, he sighed and gave up. 
 
“All right, but if I heard any complaints going around about you, that make-up needs to go.” 
 
“Alrighty then, thanks Oppa.” I chuckled, Evoeny can’t be resisted. 
 
“And by the way you’ll have tutoring session with a smart student tutor every after class. Please don’t give him headaches.” He was already headed to his office when he said this to me. The lady prepared the schedule and uniform in her table and pointed it to me before she too entered the Dean’s office. 
 
“I won’t” I took the schedule and the uniform and ran to the door but before I could touch the knob someone outside opened it and hit me right to the front. I landed on the floor with the loudest thud. 
 
“OW! You’ve got to be joking!” I screamed and hissed through my teeth. 
 
“Well, I’m not you should look where you are headed or you’re just blind or something?” a voice said. He did not even help me get up and now was mocking me to embarrassment. I looked up and saw him leaving. 
 
“Why you jerk! Come back here and help me get up!” I said to him glaring, I only caught a slight glimpse of his face and his back. 
 
“Ain’t gonna happen, miss sissy” He then opened the dean’s office door and completely shut it while I was still on the floor mouth wide open. 
 
I was so irritated that I did not bother bragging him to the office instead I let my guide and the driver take me to my room. I got there in no time and threw away every clothes to my closet and stuffs. Good thing was that I have no roommate to share with or else she will be sleeping outside every night. 
 
And so I was finished unpacking my luggage, I finally got the chance to look around my room. It was not bad at all, a queen sized bed, one clean fragrant bathroom, a study table and a comfy stool, a mini fridge and sink, and a small TV with two-colored beanie bags on the carpet area of the floor. It was really cozy and just right. I smiled and was able to forget what happened earlier. 
 
When everything was done, I decided to walk around the building grounds before going to sleep. I locked the door and started strolling. It seems to me that every student has gone off somewhere else that no one was near the area. The cold wind breeze touched my skin and I felt relaxed. 
 
I did not notice I was at a crossing hallway of the building and never would I expect another loud thud coming from my in such a short period of time. Someone must have hit me over, AGAIN. 
 
“ARE YOU SERIOUSLY KIDDING ME?!” I yelled in anger, I was yet again on the ground with my kissed the floor. Seriously, why am I always on the ground?! 
 
“Oh, I’m terribly sorry! I didn’t see you coming and I was in a real hurry” he said concerned. He held out his hand and I took it. I was so pissed off that I was waiting to see him and scold him right through his face. After I finished dusting my and grumbling, I looked up to see his face but before I could scream at him in anger I was mute down with my girl instincts. He was totally handsome! 
 
“Are you all right? I’m sorry if I hurt you.” 
 
“Oh…no uhmm..it’s okay, thank you.” I felt shy when he smiled at me. 
 
“No, really I didn’t mean to, I was really in a hurry.” 
 
“I get it. I actually fell in my earlier so I should better expect a nasty morning tomorrow with my sore like paper cut.” I told him, he just chuckled. 
 
“I’m Kim Jonghyun, by the way. Are you enrolled here?” he offered me a handshake and I took it. 
 
“I’m Kim Eveony. Yes I was.” 
 
“Oh, that’s nice, we have the same surname.” He grinned “I’m sure I’ll be seeing you again and I really have to go now. So bye.” He turned to leave. 
 
“Bye, see you.” I smiled at myself in content. 
 
 That guy sure is my type.