Meet the Tutor

The Tutor

Update 4/5/2012 --- I tried revising my chapters, proof-reading and stuffs. ^^

 

A/N note: I’ll be following our Philippine Education plus a mixed of the Korean subjects so to make not things confusing. Our High school education is consisting of Four years of Study and many Subjects, which may be seen in the developing story. Eveony(Ms. Gwiboon), is in her senior year now, where she needs tutoring with you know who. Kekeke…  
 
 
On with the fic! 
 
Eventually, the day turned out well because of that guy named Jonghyun. He was handsome for the fact that he actually let me fall off guard, literally and emotionally. I kept on smiling my way to sleep. 
 
“He’s like one of the guys I would totally date.” I told myself. I was in the bed rolling. I could not sleep since it was my first night sleeping in a new place. Then I just remembered the schedule and the uniform. I should look at it before the start of class tomorrow or else I’ll be lost in paradise. 
 
I stood up from my bed and walked over to one of the beanie bags where I put down the box of my uniform and the schedule on top. I scanned over it and there were three highlighted subjects listed. 
 
Monday: Music and Physical Education 
 
Tuesday: Mathematics and English 
 
Wednesday: Korean Language and Fine Arts 
 
Thursday: Practical Arts and Social Studies 
 
Friday: Moral Studies and Science 
 
After analyzing my schedule. I saw a note written below it and it said there that: 
 
Your Student Tutor will focus you more on the said three subjects but you may ask him to help you with your other academics. Please be reminded that your tutoring sessions will be held at the Teacher’s Lounge 2nd Floor at 4:00 to 6:00 pm, Student Building. The name of your Tutor is, Lee Jinki. Thank You. 
 
I just sighed and put the paper back down. 
 
 “Well he’s a guy all right. It’s a good thing though” I was talking to myself. I reached for my uniform and opened the box. 
 
“EW!” I was disgusted.

 

The uniform was too GIRLY for me to handle. I’ve never wore school uniform before so this was my first time seeing one of those cutesy uniforms they used to show on TV. God, I would totally brag inside the Dean’s Office and yell at him for picking something as PINK as this! Pink never suits me, I feel weak. The pink skirt was below knee cut w/ a collar blouse plus a pink jacket and ribbon. I have no choice but to try it on, taking off my t-shirt and pajama pants I put on my pink outfit and stare at myself through the mirror. It fits me well but I looked ridiculous, I even have no shoes to match them…PINK SHOES?! Oh for crying out loud, I will wear my black y boots, put on my dark make-up and tie my hair just for the sake of bringing back my bad y reputation. Yeah like that. 
 
I removed my uniform and put back my pjs. I quickly fixed the five school outfit inside my closet and go back to my bed and sleep. The pros and the cons were already coming out from this school shipping thing. I closed my eyes and promised myself that I would survive this life. 
 
 
I was standing in the midst of the white room holding her hand while she was on the hospital bed. Tears streaming down my face as I call her over and over again but she can’t hear me, her breathings were controlled by the machine even so she seems so breathless. Her cold sweat crossed her head as she felt the pain and suffering. It was hopeless, the case was hopeless. 
 
One hand reached for my shoulders comforting me. I looked back and saw my father and his girlfriend. 
 
“It’s time to let go.” He said. My heart burned like core…I couldn’t just let go of her. She was the only one that could understand me. She was the only one that helped me all the way. I love her so much I can’t endure to see her suffering. 
 
“No! You can’t just let her die! Don’t let her die like this! It’s not fair!” I shoved his hand away and ran to the doctor who just came in the room.  
 
“Please don’t let her go. I know you can still help her out.” I begged him with all my heart. His eyes averted, sad eyes caught mine saying that they lost all the hopes too. 
 
“I’m sorry, we did everything but it was too late. The cancer spread already, her life depended through her support and without it she would die. You know how much your mother have been suffering from this illness but she was trying her best to stay alive because of you. Even if it hurts so badly sometimes we just had to let go. I’m really sorry.” The doctor said. All I can do was to cry and choose between the two hurtful things. Let her suffer to stay alive or let her go… 
 
I closed my eyes and recalled all the happy moments I had with her. I saw her smile and waved goodbye. “I love you, dear” she said in my head. After that thought, I have made my decision. 
 
Let her go… 

 
 
I was suddenly wide awake catching my breath. My sweat coming from my temples, I dreamt again, that was the time my mom died. 

 
When I came back to my senses I heard someone knocking at the door. I was too lazy to get off my bed to open it. “I’ll go out later!” I yelled and covered myself with my blanket. 
 
The knocking stopped so I thought I was heard, maybe that’s the cleaning person. So I went back to sleep. But the knocking suddenly started again and this time it was louder. I was pissed off and grumpily stand up from my bed. 
 
What a great first day of school! Someone has to be my alarm clock to help me get up. I lazily walked towards the door scratching my laid-back bed hair. I have no make-up on and my pjs doesn’t help me at all. 
 
When I opened the door, a blur image of a guy with his left arm leaned against the side while he was reading some kind of note in his hand. 
 
“Are you Eveony Kim?” a familiar voice I heard yesterday echoed in my ear. 
 
“hmm…” I said yawning still in dreamland. 
 
“Whoa, you got some serious brushing to do miss sissy girl.” He muttered. 
 
 As my vision and my mind became clear I suddenly realized that I was a darn freaking mess! I panicked and slammed the door on the guys face. No one had ever seen me with my hair loose since my mother died. This is the worse. I quickly grabbed my hair tie and fixed it up right away then run back at the door and opened it. I sighed when I saw him still there staring at me with the strangest eyes. 
 
“So what do you want from me?” I glared at him. 
 
“I don’t want anything from you.” He said mocking. 
 
“Then why are you here in the first place?! Are you lost? Well find another people to ask!”
 
“This is just a request from the dean yesterday, and as far as I am concern I’m here to guide you to your class rooms. It’s frustrating really.”
 
“Then why don’t you go tell the dean that I DON’T NEED ANY ESCORTS. I can do it myself.” I hissed through my teeth. 
 
“If I told him that, he would definitely get rid of your clown make-up.” He smiled crookedly. 
 
“EXCUSE ME?!” I was shocked of what he said. I was about to slam the door in his face but then he grabbed it and pushed me back to my room. He abruptly entered afterwards and closed the door behind him. 
 
“Why are you here?! Get the hell out of here you jerk!” I growled fiercely as he crossed his arm in the spot. 
 
“Listen, miss sissy. I came here to obey orders from the dean not to babysit you. So you better change your clothes or else.”  He demanded leaning on the door while he was staring at my figure. 
 
“Miss Sissy? –HEY!” I exactly remembered who this guy is! He was the one who left me on the floor at my cousin’s office. I tried to kick his leg but he swiftly caught my two hands and banged me to the door. He was fast! His face was so close to mine and I started to feel uneasy. I gulped in participation. 
 
“Afraid?”
 
“Nope. Let me go, stupid.” I stared angrily. He just smirked and tightened his grip. I yelped in pain. 
 
“I’ll let you go IF and ONLY IF you change uniform and let me do my job.” He insisted. 
 
“Fine!” I gave up and he loosened. But before he could noticed, I kicked him right in his balls. It was a total knock out! He groaned in pain and went flat on the floor, that’s what he got from messing around with me. I laughed at him like wining a victory! 
 
“Wait there while you can! And that’s what people get when they mess around with me” I told him before entering my bathroom with my uniform. 
 
I stayed in the bathroom for 30 minutes, fixing everything that needs to be fixed, my hair, my make-up and my outstanding pink uniform. I went out to get my boots, I saw him leaning against the wall with a smug face. I ignored him and continue searching for my shoes. 
 
“You have the guts to hit me right there. I’ll get my revenge soon enough.” He spluttered. 
 
“Whatever.” I rolled my eyes. I was done with my shoes and looked through the mirror. His reflection was seen in the mirror as well and we were staring at each other. I observed that he was not ugly at all and he was damn hot but I did not disregard the fact that I was getting through all of this because of him. I was still irritated by him and that’s not going to change. 
 
 
 
We went out of my room and some people were glancing back at us. I did not mind them at all. I was used to it.

 

 We were walking all the way out of the Students Building to the Academics Building where my first class should start. The hallway was full of students roaming around. I caught some of them gossiping and averting their suspicious gazes to me and him. I was curious too. 
 
“Who’s that girl? Is she with him? OH MY GOSH!” one girl said. 
 
“That girl looks weird and why is he walking with him? Of all people!” 
 
“Is she a senior? She totally looked like one.” 
 
“OMG! It’s Onew with that girl!” 
 
I heard comments in every hallway we passed. I got most of the attention, but his presence made it looked more intimidating. Who is this person anyway? Who’s Onew? Is he him? 
 
We stop at the front of a classroom. I think this should be it. He knocked and everybody turned their head towards us, even the professor. 
 
“I brought you the new senior, Miss In.” he said politely. They looked terrified when they saw me. I smiled sheepishly and someone from the back yelled. 
 
“Eveony!” He caught my attention. It was Jonghyun! I felt happy the moment I saw him. 
 
“Very well then, thank you for bringing the new student in her first class, you may seat now, Onew.” I knew that I was going to introduced myself in class so I stayed there. 
 
“Please introduced” the professor asked me. 
 
“I’m Eveony Kim. You may call me Eve.” I bowed and went to sit at the back without further explanation. Everyone kept on staring at me while I walked in the middle of the class. 
 
“Psh…another .” Someone whispered. I felt a vein pop out when I heard that but quickly disappeared when Jonghyun appeared before me pointing at the empty seat beside him. I’m really glad he was there. 
 
“See, I told you I’m going to see you again.” He told me happily. I nodded in approval. 
 
“You guys know each other already? When?” Onew was actually sitting beside me.
 
“Yesterday, I bumped into her.” Jonghyun replied. I was in the middle of two guys chatting. I wheeled my eyes in anticipation. 
 
“You bumped into her? I bumped into her too. Is she that clumsy?” the one in my left said like I was not there listening. I stepped on his right foot and he felt the pain. He glared at me and I smiled to him. 
 
“You should keep your mouth shut.” I told him, sarcastic. 
 
“KEEP QUIET.” The professor said. We all froze to the spot and looked at her. She continued with her lecture while the three of us keep on glancing with each other. 
 
It was a boring class. I keep on yawning and closing my eyes. Everyone seems to be bored too. Jonghyun, on the other hand was listening very carefully. I turned around to see if Onew was listening too. But to my surprised, he already folded his arms in his desk and sleep. 
 
It was lunch time. The students started gathering outside, I picked up my bag and walked out of the door. 
 
“Wait up, Eveony!” Jonghyun called out, I twisted around to see him pulling Onew. 
 
“Wanna have lunch with us?” he invited me. I’m really glad about that so I happily agreed. 
 
“Count me out, I need to get something from my advance class and I don’t want to be hanging around with that clumsy sissy girl.” He said turning around. I was once again annoyed with his momentary insults. 
 
“Don’t mind him he’s just like that. He’s not really sociable.” Jonghyun whispered. I just crossed my eyebrows. 
 
“Advance class? What is he taking?” I asked him. 
 
“Everything in advance, he’s the smartest person here in the building. I’m smart too but we have different strengths!” I laughed when he included himself. So if he’s the smartest student around then…wait a minute. 
 
“Onew is his name right?” 
 
“That’s just what we call him. But his real name is Lee Jinki.” 
 
“Ah…Lee Jinki.”

 

Wait I know that name!  I rapidly seized my schedule in my bag.
 
The name of your Tutor is, Lee Jinki. 
 
Lee Jinki… 
 
Wait. 
 
LEE JINKI??!! 
 
Oh…crap. 
 
HE’S MY TUTOR?!