004: Confession

Revenge or Love? [DISCONTINUED]

Jungkook’s view

    9 minutes and 15 seconds after Taehyeon left (yes I counted), Jin hyung came back, soon followed by Namjoon hyung and Taehyeon. I realized that her eyes were swollen a bit. I scratched my head and she looked at me,

   ‘Yes? I’m listening’ 

   ‘Did you cried? Your eyes are swollen’ she then shook her head and said she say she had no idea what I was talking. We waited for J-Hope hyung. He arrived back seconds later.

   “It’s getting late. I need to go” she stood up and the members started to make excuses for her to stay.

   “No can do. I really need to go”

   “Then let me show you the way” I offered and she gladly accepted it. She waved to all of them and they waved back.

 

   “You okay walking alone in the night?” I asked worriedly when we were already outside,

   She shook her head, “I’m used to it every night. By the way, it was nice meeting with your annoying ‘hyungs'"she laughed,

   “But they were good right?”

   “Yeah. See you tomorrow” she walked away while waving to me and I waved back.

   I quickly went inside; considering it was cold outside and I just wore a plain t-shirt. Before I went inside I saw the members stretching for the next practice through the window.

   “She’s nice and pretty. How did Jungkookie found her? I’m jealous” I heard Jimin hyung said to the members,

   “She’s perfect for Jungkook, she always with him even not knowing about us” Jin hyung said and I smiled,

   “But I’m just worried if he’s dating with her or will be. Taehyeon might feel burden because he always busy and soon they become more apart and school is the only time they meet” Suga said,

   “And soon when he graduates, they can’t meet each other like now. Even if they went out, he will be busy and what if the media saw them together?” V hyung said and I thought for awhile.

   “You guys just read to many stars dating and watching dramas. Anyway where’s Jungkook? What taking him too long?” Namjoon hyung asked the members. I just bursted in loudly as the member was jolted by my loud appearance. I started to stretch, feeling a bit grumpy and pretended I don’t have any idea what’s going on, and soon the members slowly continued their things. We started our practice minutes later.

 

***

 

   The next day, I went to school since I didn't have any morning schedules. My class were informed that our class teacher moved to another school, I think, and the head principal is trying to find a replacement. The other teacher told us to move to the field where there’s another class were there , saying we will be in their class for the time being.

   All of us did so and we all changed to our sport attires. Then we moved to the field and saw some students already practice on the tracks. The teacher incharge told us to stretch because we’ll be running five laps, so the whole class started to stretch. When I was doing some stretching, I saw the peoples on the track and someone grabs my attention. She looked very familiar, too familiar.

   'Taehyeon?!'

   I stopped stretching and saw her leading the group. She got first place and ignores the other girls which are running out of breath and can’t beat her.

 

   I heard some sequels from the girls, she ignored it, and so I also, ignored them and went back to stretching. Taehyeon realized the addition and scanned all of us and when she saw me, her eyes went shocked, but not noticable. I smiled to her while she drank her drink, pretended to not notice that she saw me and I sighed softly.

   “Okey, you may start your laps. Make sure it’s 5 laps” the teacher said and blew her whistle, making us stand in lines.

   We started to jog around the track. I saw the teacher talking to Taehyeon and she nodded in respond on every sentences.  She ended with a bow and sat at the grand stand, watching us suffer along with her classmates. After few minutes, we finished our laps and the teacher blew her whistle and we stopped tiredly. I took a big gulp of my water and saw Taehyeon talking with our class monitor. I saw in her eyes that she’s uncomfortable talking with him. We’ve been friend for a month, of course I noticed. When she saw him walking away after finished discussing, I saw her sigh in relief. Our P.E lesson ended and we changed our clothes.

 

   The students in Taehyeon’s class were very few, so there was plenty of empty seats but not enough. I as a boy with fangirls, the girls just gave me a seat which is the same back row as Toki. The teacher began teaching and as usual, I almost sleep in class but since Taehyeon was there, she keeps sending me to wake up.

   ‘Don’t disturb me’ I thought

   ‘Later, the teacher going to say something’ she said and I waited. And she was right, there was a BIG announcement the teacher got to say.

 

   “Okey class, since we’re together for a week, I have an assignment and you will have do the assignment by pairs” the teacher announced

   Soon, the students started to discuss who they will be with. Some girls even send me some messages by looking at me, fluttering their eyelashes to me, which I kindly ignored but in the inside, I felt disgusted.

   “Quiet down, I will pick the pairs by the classic ‘draw-by-lot’. But first, I’m going to explain what you will need to do. You need…” I couldn’t hear the teacher by the disappointed rant by the students, which I turned to Taehyeon.

 

   She turned her head and we made an eye contact,

   ‘What do you want?’ I smiled,

   ‘Can you find a way to make me with you? I don’t want with a random stranger’, she rolled her eyes playfully and sends a ‘fine’ and I quietly fist pumped.

 

   “Okey, now’s the time to pick your partner”

   The teacher unveiled a big glass bowl filled with folded papers. “I personally prepared for this day. Okay first pair is Kang Gary… and Song Jihyo. Next…” he took out a paper from the bowl and announced each pair by pair.

    Then my name was called “Jeon Jungkook and…” I heard the girls anticipating the next name which I silently thought were annoying. I looked at Taehyeon, focusing at the teacher, she look like she’s having a hard time and I felt sorry for her for doing it for me.

   “Kim Rayeon” the teacher said.

   The girls dropped and looked at Taehyeon. I was rather confused why she placed another name.

   ‘Kim Rayeon is my other name. Remember?’ a voice rang and I surprisingly look at her. 

   ‘Really?!’ I thought but soon I sighed in relief and smiled in returned.

 

 The teacher announced the rest of the pairs and told all of us to sit with our partners and discussed about the project. I moved my chair to her place since she looks like she doesn’t want to move. I sat beside her, which she shifted her chair away,

   “Why you’re cold to me? I thought we’re best friend?" I whispered the second sentences and look at her cutely which she didn’t buy.

   ‘I’m known as the loner and the mean one in this class. Remember that I don’t have friends cause I’m new back then and don’t want to make friends? That’s another reason why I chosen as the class monitor’ the voice said in my head and I understood the situation.

 

   “So which topic we’re going to do? I’ll give you in the decoration part since I think you’re busy and don’t have time to research anyway”

   She gave me my part and I told her which topic I recommended and we agreed to do it. 15 minutes passed and its 3 minutes till break.

   “So we’ll do our project at whose place?” I asked and we thought for awhile.

   “How about at your place? Well the dorm is kinda dirty and full of annoying boys. So your place?” I asked and she looked hesitated but agreed anyway. The bell rang and she went out first, so later I can escape.

 

***

 

 

   “So what’s your role in your class?”

   We were in the garden, sitting while looking at the scenery in front of us.

   “I’m the class monitor, probably the meanest in the class and the fastest runner in the class. Yeah, that’s all” she told me and I hummed in reply.

   “But you’re different right now then you in the class” I said,

   “Remember that I told you I never had a single friend cause of my attitude to them?” she said, and then continued “Plus you forgot that my name is Rayeon, right? I told you that time didn’t I?” she turned to me, tried to look angry.

   “I-I’m sorry. I was tired earlier because of that P.E lesson earlier. How about this, I’ll buy you a…some coffee. 4 to be exact, but not all at once. You’ll get a voucher.” I apologize and made a deal which she sighed,

   “Although I love to have that but, no need to be that much. It just that you forget my fake name, that’s all. It’s not a big deal” she stood up.

   “Bell ring in 4…3…2…1” then the bell rang right after she countdown.

   “How about you go first? I need to do something first” she smiled. I nodded, trying to ask her but I just walked away to class, leaving her in the garden.

 

***

 

   After teacher came in after break, Taehyeon was not been seen; even her bag pack was not there. The first period after break, she walked in the class. She went to her seat after greeting the teacher. I tried to ask her where she'd been but failed. She ignored me which I was kinda disappointed with her ignorance. I already got used of her always giving me her attention. So I gave up and continued the lesson in a sleepy mode.

 

   The last lesson ended and students rushed out the room. After most of the students left, I glanced at Taehyeon and she caught me watching her,

   ‘Don’t ask me why I’m late and I’m very busy later. Sorry but please don’t text me tonight, tomorrow will do’ she send and dashed quickly out of the classroom in a blink as she was avoiding me. I was curious but I thought she had a reason for all of it and I decided to leave her on her privacy.

 

***

 

   The next day, I saw Taehyeon looking worn out. I was worried for her. I stood up and walked to her table, while all the female in the class looked at me excluding her.

   “Hey, how about we meet up later in the afternoon for the project? I already checked my schedule and I’m only free at that time. So later?” I told her and she looked at me with her tired eyes.

   “Sure, I’m free. I’ll write you the address. Just bring the materials we need” she told me with a tired voice and she sends me

   ‘Sorry but can you leave me alone now? I’m tired’ which I nodded and went back to my seat and watched her rest. The teacher didn’t care about Taehyeon, even when she didn’t greet him. It was normal.

 

   “Why are you tired and exhausted? What did you did yesterday?” I asked Taehyeon who was lying on the grass resting. I was on the bench watching over her.

   “Nothing, I’m okay” she replied with her closed eyes.

   “You can tell your oppa here your problem. You always listen to me when I have problems; maybe it’s your turn to tell me your problem” I stood up from the bench and sat on the ground beside her.

   “It’s nothing really. Don’t worry, I can handle it.” she sat up, looking ahead.

 

   Out of the sudden, I hugged her, “I’m worry about you; I don’t like when the people I love are having a hard time although I look like I don’t”

   I don’t know why I hugged her so suddenly and blurted out the sentences. I somehow wished she took it differently.

   “I’m sorry Jungkook oppa for making you worry but you don’t need to know. I'm will be busy for few days, not it's matter because you won’t be in school for two days” she apologized and the bell rang. She stood up, stretched and bid goodbye, saying she will go first. She didn't even hugged me like she used to. I already missed her.

   Then I realized something, after all this time meeting with her for almost two months, I realized that, I have feelings for her, and it’s not a simple feeling

 

I just noticed that I have 1 upvote and I was shocked...THANK YOU luhanniee_taeyeonnie!!! for commenting too, along with minnie34!!! I LOVE YOU *virtual hug* T.T  끝!