013: For The First Time

Revenge or Love? [DISCONTINUED]

Jungkook’s view

   “HYUUUUUNG~~” A high pitch voice filled the waiting room, guessing Jiminie hyung being chased by someone.

   “Quiet down you two, Jungkook trying to rest” I sighed in relief and tried to ease my headache that I got after the visit from the hospital.

   Then I felt someone sitting beside me and cling on me like a monkey,  “Jungkookie~ you’re making excuse huh? You shouldn’t be like that ~”

   A rush of pain seeps through my cheeks and opened my eyes to glare at Jiminie hyung, but he looks like he didn’t notice because the camera is rolling.

 

   “Can you please stop the record noona?” I heard Jin hyung said to the cameraman who is actually a woman, and then he nudged me, “Jimin can you go away?” Jiminie hyung scoffs jokingly and walked away, then Jin hyung took his seat.

   “Tell me Kook, what’s wrong?”

   “Nothing’s wrong, nothing”

   “Don’t be like that, don’t you notice the others are worried about you?”

   “No…I don’t care” I opened my eyes and scanned the room, ‘the room look fine to me’

   “Please, tell your hyung what’s been bugging your mind, not as your group eldest hyung but as your friend”

   “Nothing is wrong” I exclaimed sternly at hyung quietly so the staff won’t hear me.

 

   I sat up and looked at Jin hyung then sighed. ‘Why am I like this? I should be cheerful for them’ I smiled and stood up, making the person on the chair beside me looked confused.

   “There’s nothing wrong, maybe it’s just the weather. It’s cold these days. I’m off to V hyung”

   I stretched and walked to find the hyungs, but before my steps go over 3 steps, someone pulled my wrist, making me sit down on the chair. Jin hyung had his phone in his palm and pressed it to my ears. Then the voice that came out of the phone making me grab Jin hyung’s phone, ‘Hello Jungkook?’

   “Taehyeon-ah!”

   Before I even said any words, the phone hung up, “No! No. No…” I slumped and a tear came out my eyes, “J-Jin hyung…”

   “Like I said, everyone is worried about you, even her. She been listening all this time” he took his phone off my grasp and slipped it into his pocket.

   “How is she?”

   “Now is not the right time to ask that…” he stood up, leaving me in more despair than I was before.

 

***

 

   “That’s a wrap up. You may go home”

 

   The dance teacher clapped and we were breathing heavily. After 1 minute of catching our breaths, someone stood up and went to manager hyung. Manager hyung nodded and the person went out to god-know-where.

   “Where is Hopie hyung going this time?”

   “Why does J-Hope always go missing?”

   “Okay you guys, he’s having another schedule. So he needs to go early” the manager told them to quiet down.

   “Early? It’s 1 in the morning…”

   “Yeah hyung, plus I didn’t see any solo activities in the schedules”

   “Okay shushed. Come on let’s pack up. I’ll call Suga and Namjoon to the van. So meet me at the parking basement”

   “Yes manager hyung” all the members responded.

 

   After the managers left, only 4 people were left in the room. All of us stood up and packed our things. I wondered where Hoseok hyung went, ‘I’m sure manager hyung was lying earlier’

 

   Arriving at the dorm, all 6 of us ran to the shower to be the first one to shower first and V won. ‘Just random luck’ I thought, ‘Atleast I’m the fourth after Jiminie’I bounced on my bed with my phone over my head,

   “When will I talk to you?” I hopelessly talked to my phone that I know won't respond to me

   “Earlier this evening”

 

   Jin hyung was standing at the door frame, “Why?” I stared at him while he sat at Hope hyung’s bed which is across mine.

   “You like her don’t you?” I eyed him weirdly until I knew who he was talking about.

   “I don’t…”

   “Don’t lie. We can see through you” then silence enveloped the room, “Jungkook-ah, what will you do if the person you love is in pain and another guy is there with her, while you just sit back knowing nothing”

   I looked at him weirdly, “Well…when I knew she is in pain and she’s with a guy…and if she likes me, well…” I thought for a few seconds, “…I will try to make the guy gone”

   Jin hyung stood up and I looked up. He grabbed a paper and scribble on it,

   “The place won’t allow visitor this late at night. Come there in the morning before ten or the manager will find you” he said.

   I glanced at the paper that wrote,

Hospital Seoul

Floor 5, Room 412

Open for visitor on 8am

   I looked up, confused “What is this hyung?”

   “Come there and you’ll find out. If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to shower and straight to dreamland” he walked out the room.

   “So I’m going to the hospital again?” I laid on my bed and wait until it’s my turn to shower.

 

***

 

   “So you’re really going?” I turned around to see Jin hyung rubbing his eyes.It was early in the morning and I was tying my shoelaces after getting ready to go to the hospital when he woke up.

   “Ah…yeah”

   “Already eat breakfast?” he walked to the kitchen.

   “Well…I haven’t but I’ll have one on the wa-”

   “No”

   “Huh?” I looked at the kitchen to see hyung setting a plate of fruits.

   “Come here and eat, no need to waste your money”

 

   I stood up and walked into the kitchen. Jin hyung was already eating his cereal, so I took my seat.

   “Why I’m given fruits?”

   “So I don’t have to waste any fruits that is laying the fridge”

   “Bu-mmph” Jin hyung shoved a fork with a cut of apple to my mouth.

   “Don’t talk and eat. Then I let you go” I munched the apple and continued to eat the rest of the fruits on the plate.

 

   I stood up after eating my ‘breakfast’ and I did felt refreshing after eating. I said goodbye to Jin hyung and wore my shoes. After checking that I’m well dressed in disguise, my phone and the memo that hyung wrote, I opened the door.

   “Jungkook!” I sighed and look at Jin hyung again.

   “What?”

   “Someone told me that Taehyeon is in great danger. Please be careful with her” I nodded and left the dorm anyway, I doubted that Jin hyung knew about her ability ‘Why would hyung know that anyway?’.

 

***

 

   I arrived at the hospital and went straight to the elevator and pressed the 5th floor. There was no one in the elevator, so I opened my hood and breathe the cool air as much as I can.

   “Wow…that was suffocating” I breathe out. I took out the paper Jin hyung wrote,

   ‘Who is in the room anyway? Could it be Taehyeon?’ I thought, and then I saw something at the back at the paper.

 

Remember:

160404 is

the end

 

   “160404? Did Jin hyung wrote this? Well it does have the same ink colour as the note…” Then the elevator ring and I quickly put back my hood and proceed to find the room. I asked some nurses around and tried to avoid exposure to them. Finally I reached the room, but my feet didn’t want to move forward, as if they’re stuck to the floor. Nether less, I knocked the door,

   “Come in” Just as I heard the voice, I quickly opened the door by the shock state after longing the voice for days.

   “T-Tae…h-hyeon”

   “Jungkook...” Taehyeon was reading the newspaper until Jungkook barged in. She didn’t knew about his visit beforehand but she surely knew who send him.

   “Why are you here?”

   “I should be asking you that!” Jungkook shouted and his lowered his head, to avoid her seeing his tears that was treatening to fall out.

   “I’m sorry...” she said quietly. She get off her bed and walked to him. She already got her bandage off that morning and she was strong and healthy enough to walk.

   She pulled him in a hug, “I’m so sorry...I should have told you...” Jungkook cried on her hospital gown but she doesn’t care and continued to caressed him.

 

   After few minutes passed in the room, they finally broke their hug, “Fine now?” Taehyeon held him by his shoulder and he just nodded.

   “Come on let’s sit down” she dragged Jungkook at the plastic chair beside her bed.

   “So...will you tell me what happened?”

   “Starting from...?”

   “Saturday morning”

   “Well...I was walking around the street since it was a lovely day...and I just fainted while walking...”

   “That’s it? How did you came here?”

   “A man- no, a boy since he’s young, told me that he saw me laying on the street and he quickly called the ambulance...so yeah now I’m here and that’s the full story”

   ‘Nice lies Taehyeon’ she thought while looking at Jungkook who was nodding with his swollen eyes. Then, he hugged her again by surprised,

   “W-What are you doin?”

   “I just...miss you...you don’t know...how much I missed you...” Taehyeon just stayed still and smiled, “So you want to cry again now crybaby?”

   “I’m n-not a crybaby!” Jungkook broke the hug and she saw his eyes filled with tears that treatened to fall but he let out a smile.

 

   Taehyeon laughed at him and Jungkook soon followed the laugh for no reason. Then the laugh got interrupted by a knock. “Come in!”

   “Who’s that?” Jungkook whispered to Taehyeon while the door opened revealing a boy with some take-aways.

   “Hey Jaehyun” Taehyeon ignored him and greeted Jaehyun

   “Hello~ Taehyeon-ah, how are you? Who’s that?”

   

   He placed the food at the table, and she smiled at him, not noticing Jungkook’s dead glare to the boy he just met.

   “Better. Meet Jeon Jungkook, my bestfriend that I told you before”

   “Oh, is he the one that you ditched me for him? Hello, I’m Jung Jaehyun, Taehyeon...“

 

   Jungkook look away when Jaehyun reached out to shake hands, “What? Boyfriend? I won’t approve you of that. And you’re not my brother” Jungkook said harshly but realized they didn’t understand the brother part.*

   Jaehyun retreat his hand in embarassment, “Jungkook-ah...he’s just a friend...”

   “So? How can this ‘friend’ knew about your situation before your ‘bestfriend’?”

   “It’s just-“

   “I’ll be going now. Have fun with your so called ‘friend’” Jungkook stood in anger and walked out the door, leaving Taehyeon helplessly calling for him.

 

***

 

   BTS’ members were in their van going to their next schedules. The air in the van was so thick because of Jungkook sudden change of mood.

   “J-Jungkook-ah...”

   “WHAT!” Jungkook burst out in anger while the eldest hyung tried to talk with him.

   “...Don’t be like this...the members ar-“

   “What!? Worried? The others won’t bother to talk to me except you...then they arent”

   “They’re just scared of you...” Jin became to turn anxious,

   “So? Rapmon hyung is scared of manager-nim yet he still talk to him when manager-nim is mad”

   “O-of course, he’s the leader” Jin stuttered, began to lose hope in the maknae.

   “And you’re the one that send me to the freaking place! So it’s your fault that I have to meet another guy with her...” Jungkook’s word fades off and sobbing was heard after that,

   ‘Why am I like this...he’s just a friend...nothing more...why should I be mad for the things she didn’t do...’ he began to cry and J-Hope, who was sitting beside him, tried to make him stop crying.

   “Jungkook-ah...” he pulled him into his embrace, “...just sleep”

 

   Soon, the crying boy fell asleep till his last tear dropped. They members looked at him pitifully and kept quiet. Their mind was too occupied by how they can apologize to their dear maknae. They never experience Jungkook like this, so they didn’t know what to do with him.

 

***

 

   “Jini-ah!” Jin looked at the door where a girl happily waving at him, opposite to the member’s atmospheres. Jin pulled her out the waiting room, he asked her in a quiet voice, “Oh...why are you here?” 

   “Mom told me to give you and the members some food since she can’t because she is busy” she held up the food containers.

  “Okay, thank you. You can go now” he took the containers and pushed the girl to go home, desperately to make her not know about the group current situation.

   “Seokjin...” she called softly,

   “What?” Jin stood tiredly and waited for her to speak,

   “Did you already tell him?” she looked at him

   “No, I only wrote it...but I don’t know if he noticed it already”

   “Tell him that her life is in big danger and she will be the one that will suffer for him...” they were silenced for awhile

 

   “Like you did to me...?” Jin looked up to meet her eyes,

   “That was different, Taehyeon is really valueable in the sorcery world” the girl looked away.

   “But why now? She’s too young”

   “There must be someone who sacrifce themself for her. If not, then she will be already dead years ago” the girl sighed.

 

   Jin tried to talk back but one of the staff demand for him, so they bid their goodbye and parted. But both of them had the same thing in mind, How long will they have to see this innocent couple break apart...

 

***

 

   “Why are you like this?” They were walking on the street for a walk after Taehyeon was released the hospital. She was in a bad mood, so Jaehyun decided to let them walk around to get some fresh air. It has been 30 minutes but no matter how much they walk, her mood didn’t change.

   “It just...” she stopped halfway, “...I myself don’t know”

   Jeahyun kept walking until they’re few metres away, “We’re here aren’t we?”.

   “Oh, yeah...Let’s go up now”

 

   He waited Taehyeon to come near him, then they entered the apartment complex, she was immedietly greeted by Mrs. Jang.  She was worried about her for not coming home for few days and she told her that she took care of her pet.

   “I need to go up to take care of Jaehyun first”

   “Alright, alright...you know, you never bring any guest before except that man”

   “Let’s just say I got it from school” Taehyeon pushed Jaehyun into the elevator before Mrs.Jang could say anything”

 

   They arrived at Taehyeon’s apartment and as soon she opened the door, Sakura hudled around her feets,

   “Did you missed me?” she picked her up and nuzzled her nose

   “This is my cat that the woman talked about earlier. Her name is Sakura” she showed Sakura to Jaehyun and Sakura blinked at the boy.

   Jaehyun smiled, “She’s so white and cute~!”

 

   Jaehyun carried the cat and brought her to the living room. Taehyeon bought two glasses filled with orange juice from her kitchen. She set it on the table, Sakura suddenly ran out from Jaehyun’s arm as soon as she arrived and rested on her lap. Taehyeon smiled and pet her adorable pet until she fell asleep.

   “Sorry about Sakura, she isn’t used to be alone plus she’s scared being alone...especially after 5 days I’m not here”

   “It’s alright, I never had a pet before but I do see people in tv’s that had pets and they looked they really grown attacthed to each other”

   “Yeah...” Taehyeon said and looked at the white animal on her lap. She didn’t know what attracted both of them, maybe because of her power or maybe bacause she wanted to protect Sakura, either way, she wanted to keep and protect her from all danger. She carried her to her little bed and let her rest in it.

 

   “So did you make any friends in school?” she walked back to the living room.

   “Maybe...I did made a conversation with the guy who sit beside me...” Jaehyun sipped his drink, “So did I suceed?”

   “Kinda...” she sat beside him and drank her drink.

   “Nice place you got”

   “Thanks but it’s kinda big for me” she looked around, “Don’t you think?”

   “Not really but it can fit two people here”

 

   Taehyeon shrugged and the tv, the news comes up,

   ‘Another eclipse will occur again the second time for this year. It is the first time in Korea history that this happen twice. Scientist are still working on why this ‘unusual’ eclipse happen. We will keep update on this occuring...’

   “Twice a year? Doesn’t sounds bad and ‘unusual’...” Jaehyun drank his final sip of his orange juice.

   “It is...” Taehyeon turned off the tv, “Actually this is the first time in the century that oclipse occurs twice a year, which I think the people that work on it didn’t actually remember or knew. The last time was in 1876, then a meteor shower happen the next night. Do you understand what I’m saying?”

 

   “So you’re saying that there will be another meteor shower?”

   “Possibly but-“ Taehyeon sentence was cut by her phone ringing.

   “Hello?...What’s wrong?..Jungkook? What’s wrong with Jungkook?...now?where?...Okay I’ll be right there” she quickly hang up and stood up.

   “What’s wrong Taehyeon?” Jaehyun followed after,

   “I need to go” she hurried up and put on her jacket,

   “I’ll follow y-“

   “No” Jaehyun stopped talking. Taehyeon was already putting on her shoes,

   “Just..go back home. I’ll text you later when I can”

   They went out the room and she locked her apartment. After Jaehyun was out of her sight, she then dissapeared into thin air.

 

***

 

 

   Jungkook winced in pain when the alcohol touched his bruise. He avoided the coordi noona’s look and averted his gaze too the wall beside him.

   “Jungkook-sshi, don’t move or I can’t treat your cut” the coordi noona threw out the alcohol pad. Jungkook sighed for the emphth time and let her do the work. The room was dead silence from voices, only sounds the heater can be heard. The room was like this after the incident happened few moments before.

 

Flashback

   Jungkook finished his last photoshoot and went inside the dressing room where the other member were preparing their turn. He went straight to sit down at the back corner of the room and took out his phone. He put on his earphones despite not turning on any songs.

   ‘Damn, fake smiles is hard to keep up’ he thought while scrolling through his conversation with Taehyeon. Somehow he felt sorry for getting mad as her.

   He heard someone seating beside him, it was Suga,

   “You okay maknae? Is life being hard on you? Don’t worry, that’s just puberty hitting on you” he laughed, trying to cheer Jungkook up.

   He ignored him, “Jungkook..I know you care for Taehyeon but you should try not to feel attached to her. I know she’s nice and all but” Suga stopped for awhile “- I’ve once in your position, sad,confused, frustrated  and all that. I just don’t want you to end up like me. Broken.”

   “What do you mean by that?” Jungkook pulled out his earphones furiously, “What did happen to you?”

   Suga startled at Jungkook’s tone, “It’s not important to you now. You’re still young and you have never been in a relationship, it will hurt more”

 

   Jungkook sat still for awhile, “Well you can’t predict the future, especially mine” he scoffed

   “Well i can’t-“ Suga replied “-but there’s someone that experienced one. You haven’t meet her yet but she often come to visit us, you just didn’t notice her and I don’t know why. Do you have any problem looking at people?-“ he laughed a little, “- In fact, she just came in awhile ago”

   “Does she know my future or anybody else?”

   “Well I’m not sure...but she did said she can somehow expect the future? I can’t understand that part”

   “Where is she? Is she still here?” Jungkook was asking the latter abit louder than usual.

   The whole room turned their eyes at them, “Lower your voice won’t you?” Suga hit his chest lightly but Jungkook’s eyes showed differently,

   “Where.Is.She?! I need to see her” he gritted his teeth as he said to Suga sternly. Jungkook was done with Suga as he didn’t say anything. So he stood up to find her himself, but he was pulled back by his wrist,

   “Don’t. I told you to not get attached-“

   “Still! You and I are different person. My future doesn’t connect to mine so does you” he cutted

   “Jeon Jungkook!” Suga stood up, starting to get annoyed by the maknae’s behavior

   By now all eyes were on them,all of  them had no intention to stop the fight.

 

   “You and her ARE going to separate! You can’t change what has been written!”

   “I WILL prevent that!”

   “No you can’t!” Suga grabbed his collar,“STOP DENYING THE FACT!”

   “WELL AT LEAST YOUR EX-GIRLFRIEND LEFT YOU BECAUSE YOU’RE JUST AN IGNORANT B-“

   A slap landed on Jungkook’s cheek less than a second later.

 

   Tears started to brim in Suga’s eyes, Jungkook touched his cheeks with shaking hands. Suddenly anger rushed in him.

   “WHAT THE-“ Jungkook threw a full punch to Suga and he slid on the cold floor, spitting blood.

   Then they started throwing fists and no one can stopped them, even the members and manager tried. Then Jin came in and stopped everything.

 

 

   The door creaked open and all eyes was on the door.

   “Excuse me?” Taehyeon looked around

   “May I know who and why are you here?” one of the male staff asked sternly.

   “I called her here” V ran towards Taehyeon who was standing cluelessly at the door.

   “Is...Jungkook okay?” she whispered  to V.

 

   She scanned the room until her eyes laid on the boy she desperated to see that morning, the boy who she had hopelessly waited. Her heart skipped a beat, not because she fell with him again, because she saw the bruisse across his body. She walked towards him with a blank mask.

   ‘Taehyeon!? Why is she here? No. She shouldn’t be here’ Jungkook panicked,

   “Jungko-“

   “Don’t” Jungkook stood up immedietly, making her stumbled few steps back

   “Jungkook...” she walked to him slowly this time, “eventhough I’m your sister in law, but I still care for you, you know” **

   “What sister in l...”Jungkook turned his head in dazed till he understood what she meant, ‘You read my memory?’

   ‘No, one of your manager thought about it’ Jungkook nods but winched  after his skin was in contact with the bruise below his chin 

   Taehyeon rushed to his side, “Let me treat me” Taehyeon kindly told the coordi noona and she leave her spot to let her take over.

 

   Jungkook was in really bad shape. There were cuts and swollen bruise on his face, neck, arms, hands and a little blood stain seeping on his blue cardigan. Taehyeon took some of the alcohol and gently clean the cut, Jungkook seems like he wasn’t in pain.

   “What happened Jungkook?”

   “He got a fight with Suga somehow. I think Suga was talking to him but end up pissing Jungkookie off. Jungkook shouted at him first and Suga was defending and tried to calm him down but it seems like they ended throwing some fist...” Jin kneeled beside them, “But I’m not sure about it either since I came when the fighting was about to end”

   “Thank you Jin-sshi...” she looked at Jungkook. Jungkook was expecting some scolding from her, since she never heard or see him disbehave,

   “I don’t know why you did that but please think first Jungkook. I don’t want you to be hurt again” she stood up and went to Suga who was sleeping at the back. She took out a post-it paper and wrote something on it.

 

   She sticked it to Suga’s jacket that was wrapped around his arm. There was another female staff beside him who was looking at some paper documents, Taehyeon turned to her,

   “Umm....can I take Jungkook for awhile? I need to talk to him for few hours. I’ll send him back to the studio around 2” she asked her. Fortunately, she was one of the managers and she looked at one of paper in her lap and turned to her, saying Jungkook was free to go.

 

   Taehyeon went back to Jungkook and grabbed him by the arm lightly. Jungkook was cluless and looked at s. Once they were out of the room, she looked around to make sure no one was watching. In a split second, they arrived at Taehyeon’s bedroom.

   “Why are we here?” Jungkook asked her while holding his head because of the dizziness. She dragged him to her bed.

   Jungkook sat on the bed, “You haven’t slept for days, all because you were waiting for me. I thought I would pay you back by giving some sleep. Now I can only give you 3 hours” she said somehow apologetic.

   She took her study chair and placed it beside the bed, “Now go to sleep”

   “And you’ll watch me sleep? Isn’t it awkward?”

   “You sleep on the bench or my lap in school, why would it be awkward to you now?” she raised her eyebrows judgingly

   “Well...this is your bed and...”

   “And?” Taehyeon tried teasing the maknae

   Jungkook turned red, embarassed to say more. He just simply went inside the blanket and make him comfortable. The bed smelt like roses, ‘Just like her’ he thought and inhale more.

   “I’m going to sleep now” he gathered more blanket to make himself warm. Taehyeon just hummed.

 

   “You already asleep?”

   “Just go to sleep Jungkook!”

   Jungkook laughed hearing Taehyeon’s annoyed voice and just fell asleep

 

***

 

   After 2 hours of sleeping, Jungkook finally woke up . He was backfacing Taehyeon, so he turned around. He expected her not there, considering he’s been sleeping for hours already, but he was wrong.

   There, Taehyeon had her arm and legs crossed, and breathing softly with her eyes closed. His heartbeat skipped few beats, and after few seconds, he realized she fell asleep while watching him sleep, she didn’t even left him alone.

 

   He sat up and remove the blanket from his body. Then he sat on the edge of bed, so that he and Taehyeon was facing each other. He bend down to see her face, breathing softly. He was mesmorized by her little detail. Her long eyelashes, her small nose, a thin fade line on her left cheek and her chapped lips. His gaze was stuck on her lips, it looks so addictive to him.

   He leaned forward and their faces was inching closer and closer. He stopped when their nose was almost touching.

   Jungkook never felt so near with someone.

   Jungkook felt like time froze.

   Jungkook fet so peaceful and contented.

   Jungkook fell in love with her again.

 

   “DRING!DRING!” a loud ringing abruptly filled the room and their ears. Taehyeon woke and jumped up slightly, but both their eyes widened the next second,

 

.

.

.

Their lips touched.

 
 

*- Jungkook misheard Jaehyun's name as Junghyun, his brother.

**-The time Jungkook told his manager that Taehyeon was his sister in law's sister