002: A Month passed

Revenge or Love? [DISCONTINUED]

Jungkook’s view

   We stopped meeting at the park but we continued meeting in the garden. Me and Taehyeon I mean. 

   Taehyeon was like my mother, well LIKE a mother. She always brings some food even though I’m on a diet and she forced me to eat. She always checked my health and condition. One time I had a fever, she bought a medicine pill and make sure I eat it, but sometimes she’s like a trustworthy and caring best friend. She always listens to me when I had a hard time because of the idol life or when I fought with my hyung, and all of that went for one month.

 

   One day, a new change came in to our friendship.

 

   “Maybe it’s the time to tell you, Jungkook” Taehyeon said out of the blue. 

   “Tell me what?” I stopped what I was doing. 

  “About how I can communicate with you with my mind and about the men you saw last month-” she said and I faced her, “-but promise me you won’t be terrified or what” she hold up her index and middle finger. That’s the way we promise. 

   “I promise” I hooked my fingers with her. 

 

   She took a deep breath and exhaled, “I’m actually a human with powers”

   "W-What?" I was confused,

   “My father, brother, uncles, aunt and some of my family has power. But all of them died because of a man” she clenched her fist, “The man found a way to steal the powers but he need to test it, but to able to do that, it needs sacrifices; lifes. So he first took my grandfathers, then aunts and uncles, then my parent lastly my cousins and siblings. Somehow one of my brother and me escaped using our power 7 years ago, leaving the other to die. Both of us promise to take revenge on them and we separated” Taehyeon suddenly looked down but I placed her head to my shoulder. 

   'Now it’s my time to comfort her'

   “7 years passed and everything changed. I changed my name to Kim Rayeon since Jung Taehyeon is my real name. That’s why you won’t find my name on the student list. I work for living, saving money for my dailylife, but my work time now lessened because my boss told me that I need to go to school. So here I am, in this school with you. The men you saw few weeks ago were one of the men that works for the man” she stopped and I saw tears b in her eyes. That the first time I saw her tears and it hurts me. I felt like killing the person who was behind her tears.

 

   “But don’t be too sad about me. The past is the past and it won’t returned” Taehyeon stood up straight few minutes later and I just shook my head, 

   “You deserve my condelence. I don't know how it feels like but I'm sure it's painful" I let out a smile, "But can I ask you a question?” 

   I let her sit down and she hummed, “What powers do you have and what’s your brother’s name?” I was curious at that time.

   “My family that had powers has single powers except for me. My father says that I was one of the kind in our family heritage. Some of my powers are water, healing, fire, mind reading, telepathy and invisibility which I did to you when we first met. I can steal powers from other people but as payment, I need to remove one of my powers" she looked at her fingers, 

   "For my brother... his name is Jung Taeyun but I think he already changed it. He has wind as his power” she explained,

   “So that’s why I felt I was floating when you did your power thingy?” I questioned but then the bell rang and we gave each other a hug and bid goodbye. 

 

   Somehow, I can't seem to focus in class after Taehyeon's confession.

 

***

 

   Later that evening, BTS had a recording and during dry rehearsal, I did lot of mistakes. I usually was the one with the least mistakes, but that day I didn’t. I got scolded by the manager and Namjoon hyung and during the real recording, my mistakes were not that noticeable in camera but you still can see some mistakes. Later that night, we practiced all night since tomorrow is Saturday. I also did some mistakes but I barely escaped from the dance instructor scolding. When we came back to our dorm, I showered and went straight to bed while holding my necklace Taehyeon gave, not caring the hyungs calls. Finally, the tough day comes to an end and now I can rest.

 

   The next day was free day except for a recording but other than that, we're free. I woke up at 10am and got ready for the recording. The dry rehearsal was fine, it went off smoothly. That night, I was getting ready to go out. 

   “Hyung I’m going somewhere. I’ll be home before 10pm” I went off without waiting a reply from the others. 

 

   Since Monday was my  one month friendship anniversary with Taehyeon, we promised to celebrate it together. So I’m going to shop in advance for her gifts.

   'First thing first, cell phones'

   It was hard communicating with her without one. Break time is the only time I talk to her. So I bought her the same product with my phone and went off buying her other gifts. I thought of a matching friendship bracelet but the fans might find out. I end up buying her a small bunny plushie.

 

   When I arrived at the dorm, I saw the members sitting at the dining table where we usually held our group meeting. I placed Taehyeon's presents at my bed,covered with my blanket so the other members won’t see it and I went to see them. 

   “What’s the meeting about hyungs?” I asked them and they exchange looks. 

   “Well, It’s about you" Rapmon hyung spoke up,

   "You’ve been telling manager hyung that you wanted to go to school and avoiding your schedules. Yesterday you did lots of mistakes. We, hyungs thought that you are…” he stopped for awhile and there was a long silence, leaving me in confusion, “You are falling in love.” Suga hyung continues the sentence and the members started to look away. 

   “Falling in love?” I asked them to make sure and they just nodded.

   ‘Me, falling in love? Is it true? Maybe I had some feeling for Bunny but...’ I thought.

 

   “We thought that you’re in a relationship with a girl, probably the girl you met last month. And you two fought yesterday, that’s why you make lot of mistakes because you felt shocked” Jimin hyung explained to me and I just looked at all of them one by one, judging. 

   ‘I don’t have any relationship with her! Well, maybe I was shocked but we didn’t even fight’ I thought,

   “You guys have been watching too much korean dramas” I stood up and shook off the nonsense they’re talking.

   I went to my shared bedroom with J-Hope hyung and shut the door locked. I slumped on my bed and took out her presents. I lay down and held the bunny on top of my head. 

   ‘Maybe I do starting to fell in love with her’ 

   I placed the present inside my school bag. After turning on the phone, I place my contact number in with the other member contacts just in case. I unlocked the door and just went straight to bed.

 

   The next day was more worser. Manager hyung told us we need to fly to Japan for one week, which means I won't see Taehyeon for a week. Fortunately, the flight scheduled at noon, meaning I can still send the present to her, but only in the morning cause I have schedule around 9am plus I need to pack my stuff. 

 

   ‘Guess we won’t celebrate our one month friendship anniversary together

 

***

 

   It was Monday; I didn’t go to school that day. I told the hyung that I was going out for a walk. As I remembered, Taehyeon’s always in the park around 5.30am as she said before and it was 5.45am.

   ‘So she might be here’

   Then I saw her wearing her school attire and dazed out just like the fourth time I saw her. I called out her name and she quickly looked at me. I walked towards her and she stood there like a lost angel.

   “Why aren’t you wearing your school uniform, Kook?” she asked me while looking at my clothes and I just giggled but received a glare saying she's serious.

   “Well I’m not going to school today along with the rest of the week. I’ll be in Japan doing my job” I explained at her and she nodded understanding my situation.

 

   “Also here’s some gift for our Best Friend Anniversary!” I exclaimed quietly as I handed the paper bag. She smiled as she accepted the paper bag from my hand. I took out the phone that I bought her from the bag and hand it to her.

   “You know how to use a phone right? Do you need me to teach you?” I asked and she shook her head with a sincere smile,

   “I know how, I used to use it when I worked” she took a look at the phone.

   “I already place my number and all the BTS members’ number just in case. So we can text while I’m away. Also do you love the plushie?” I asked at her in a cute high pitched voice.

   She took out the doll, “It’s cute" she cuddled it, "I’m gonna call him…” she thought for a while, "Joki" she made the doll faced me,

   "Also Joki is your nickname from me since you already gave mine. mine is Bunny (Toki) you're Joki” she played with the plushie.

   'I wish I was him'

 

   “Oh, I almost forget your present” she took out something from her bag but I can’t see it.

   ‘Close your eyes first’ a voice rang in my head and like an obedient boy, I did as told. I was waiting for her.

   Then suddenly I felt a soft lip against my cheek and I opened my eyes and saw a medium size box in front of me.

    “Open it after you arrive in Japan” she held the box and I took it.

   “Did you kiss me on my cheeks?” I asked and place my fingers on the spot where she kissed me, still not believing what happened.

   “Well that was one of your present, I’m sorry if you’re disgusted by it, it was just a friendly peck” she hung her head down.

   I suddenly felt guilty “N-no! It was the best present I had after my mom cooking” we laughed quietly.

   I hugged her and she hugged back. 

   ‘See you next week, don’t forget to text me Joki’ her voice rang in my head,

   “I won’t Bunny” we released our hug and went to our separate ways.

 

***

 

   I arrived at the airport and saw some fans waiting for us. At least it’s not that many like EXO sunbaenim’s fans last year. We waved at the fans and we departed.

   I sat beside V hyung and I asked him a question, “Hyung, do you remember the fan that have almost similar name to you last month?”

   “Of course, I remember her face although she came only once. I’m pretty sure the other hyungs remember her. She’s my favorite fan” he said proudly and I just rolled my eyes. “Why you ask?”

   “Nothing” I said and plugged in my earphones.

   “But I hope she come again” I heard V hyung said.

 

   Soon, after few hours, I checked the Korean time in my phone and it was 3.50pmKST. Taehyeon's extra classends at 4pm. I walked out with the member the airport after our Japanese fans greeted us. I was happy to be in Japan but I was sad, for not going to meet Taehyeon at the garden like usual. I realized that the members caught me looking sad; I quickly force my face to lit up.

   “Don’t force it Kookie. Tell us if you have any problem. We’re brothers, right?” J-Hope hyung gave a pat at my shoulder and went inside the van as I followed afterwards.

 

   The van ride was quiet; maybe we’re all tired from the flight. I texted Taehyeon that I arrived and few seconds later she replied,

 

Have a good time there so far?’

 

 ‘Not really, I miss you Bunny. T.T’

 

‘Miss you too Joki .Be good there and don’t overwork. I’ll try to keep update with your schedule Joki.’

 

‘Okey, you too. Study hard. *buing buing*’

 

   I send the last text with a picture of me I took in the van with my one of my fist beside my cheeks and smiling, as if I’m doing the ‘buing buing’.

   “Why are you taking pictures in the van huh?" Jin hyung nudged me as he just woke up,

   “Who are you sending the pictures? You got a new friend? Let me see” Jimin hyung snatched my phone from my hand but thank god I locked it first.

   “Hey, what’s your password?” Jimin plead at me while showing my locked screen phone.

   “It’s a password. Why should I give the password to you?”

   “Cause I’m your hyung” I snatched my phone back and ignored Jimin.

   “Is it the same girl you met?” Jimin whispered and I heard it but still ignore him.

 

***

   Later that night, after finishing the schedules, I texted Taehyeon.

 

I finished my schedule today. YAY! Tomorrow is free day! I’ll buy you some things. It’s 11pm here. Goodnight Toki, hopefully I see a massage from you tomorrow morning when I wake up. Dream about me Taehyeon-nie. *Hug* :3’

 

   I send her the text and a picture of me on the bed going to sleep.

   “Seriously Kookie, stop taking pictures about everything and send it to someone. Who’s that person anyway?” Namjoon hyung dried his hair with his towel and tried to take a peek at my conversation with Taehyeon-nie.

   I quickly lock my phone. “Don’t tell me it’s her. Even it’s not her, we’ll find out soon you know”

   He sat at his bed and looked at me playfully and waited for my reaction. “Why do you guys keep on hating on her? What if I say I’m not meeting her again? Will you guys stop telling me it’s her? She’s innocent” I yelled, pulled up my cover and pretend to sleep.

   “It’s not that we’re hating on her Jungkook. You’ve changed ever since you told us about you meeting her” I heard Rapmon hyung said. Then I heard some rustling. Soon the room becomes quiet,

   ‘He’s probably sleep already’. Soon I drifted to dream land. 

 

   The next day I received a text from Taehyeon.

 

Yeah GOOD NIGHT or good morning since you read this in the morning. Did you open my present? Hope you like it : ) Got to go, teacher’s coming. Enjoy your free day. *Hug you back*’

 

   I almost forget about the present! I quickly rummaged my backpack and saw the box. I took it out and open it. It’s a small white teddy bear, a bunny key chain and a note. I read the note,

 

 ‘I got you a keychain and a bear. I have one keychain similar to it. I’ll use it if I have a phone. Make sure you use it.    From Toki :D’  

 

   Just coincidence, I just bought her a phone. Her writing was quite messy, maybe she’s in a rush.

 

   'It’s official, my favorite animal is a Bunny'

 

***

 

   We chatted for a week and that week was the memorable week for me although I still can’t see her. I named the bear Toki since she named her’s Joki.

   Finally, the day I'm going back to Korea. The airport was filled with fans but not much. I was feeling happy and excited to go back to meet Taehyeon We flew from Japan to Korea. When we arrived there, it was already night, all the members went to the dorm to unpack. I finished first and told the hyungs I’m going for a walk.

   I took the gift I bought for Taehyeon while in Japan. I wore a jacket and a mask as a disguise.

   'Good thing my hair is black or I’ll get attention for my hair'

 

   I texted Taehyeon to meet me at a coffee shop. I arrived at the shop and ordered an Americano for me and macchiato for Toki, it’s her favorite. The drinks arrived and I waited for her. She arrived minutes later and greeted me.

   “So how's the trip?” she started a conversation.

   “It was fine. I got you a gift” she stopped drinking and looked at me. I took the gift out from my pocket and it was a cherry blossom hair pin. She accepted it and wore it. She look so cute.

   “It’s pretty, I love it” she said. Taehyeon wore it for awhile and I smiled.

 

   She started telling me about her days for the past week and I gladly listen to her talk. “Yesterday I got chased again by the men again, but I escaped” she said and finished her drink while mine's already finished.

   “It might be hard for you to not going out freely” she suddenly blurted.

   “Yeah, but I can handle it” I responded and she nodded.

   “It’s late already, the member might be worry about me” I say and stood up, followed by her, “Yeah, I need to sleep for school. So you are going to school tomorrow?” she asked

   “No can do. I have a recording tomorrow but the day after tomorrow I might come" we walked out from the shop.

   "Bye see you then” I waved at her and she waved back. Then we walked out our separate way.

 

***

 

   One day, we held another fansigning and it was kinda near to the school but a bit farther. I told Taehyeon to come and she gladly said that she love to. I arrived at the fansigning destination. It was held outside, so it was quite hot so the staffs keep fanning me since I was on the end where sunlight hit me. I silently cursed at the sunlight but I know it was no use. I saw Taehyeon standing between the fans but I noticed her easily and made eye contact with her.

   ‘Stop looking at me or I’m going to die by your fan glares’ a voice rang and I smiled at her and shifted my gazes to the member, nodding at their words.

 

No one’s view

   The fansigning started and Taehyeon waited for her turn. She didn’t bring any present but she did write some letters for the members except for Jungkook’s. It was her turn and Rap Monster was first.

   “Oh you came again. Taehyeon right?” he asked,

   "You remembered?"

   “Yeah. So this is your second fansigning with us?”

   “Actually this is my second ever fansigning I attended" she replied, "I never have been to a fansigning event until the first one with you guys. So yeah, this is my second fansign event and my best friend told me to attend”

   “I don’t see any boys here. Is he hidden?” Rap monster asked jokingly.

   “Nope, you can see him crystal clear” Taehyeon gaved him an assuring smile.

   She highfived him, gave the letter and moved to Jin.

 

   “Hello, Taehyeon” he glanced at the paper where she written on the page. Jin finished signing the page and started to ‘interview’ Taehyeon.

   “So you came again. How do you feel?” he tilted his head and she thought it was cute.

   “Nervous, it my second time going to the fansign event” she answered him and he nodded.

   “Is it hot here considering its summer?”

   “I’m fine, it’s not that hot”

   “So how old are you?” Jin looked straight to her eyes and she looked back.

   “I’m born on 30th October 1997, younger than Jungkook”

   “Jungkook? You know each other?” he asked surprisingly

   “Well…I decided to call him that on the first fansigning I had with him and he just accept it since we’re the same age” she said and highfived him, gave him the letter and moved to J-Hope.

 

   “Hello…Taehyeon”

   J-Hope greeted and she replied back. Then a blast of cold wind blew across her face. He smiled and quickly signed the page. She gave his letter and he happily accepted it.

   “It’s hot today, don’t you think?” he asked and she hummed.

   “You know, I know someone who has the same name to you, including the surname. I’m close with her, but she’s not my girlfriend okey” he said jokingly and said the last sentence to her face. She just laughed.

   “Anyway, I miss her so~ much. We separated few years ago and I never see her again since then” Taehyeon thought that he sound pitiful.

 

   He reminded Taehyeon about her long lost brother.

 

   She reached to him and patted his head, “I’m sorry, I know how you feel” she comforted him

   J-Hope looked at her eyes, “You know, you reminded me of her” he told her as he added some drawing on the album beside his signature,

   “Her eyes are similar to yours and your nose, she’s so adorable. Anyway, don’t spread it to the internet, it’s my deepest secret, even the members don’t know that" he glared teasingly

   ‘Jungyun always tease me about my nose’ she sighed queitly. 

   "I don’t know why I’m telling this to a fan” he smiled and face palmed himself, making Taehyeon smile at his adorableness

  'Seriously, this boy is so funny'

   She highfived him and another gushed of wind blew across the place when J-Hope smiled,

   “It’s a windy day, I see” he said to her and she just smiled, moving to Suga.

 

   The same process of ‘you-came-again’ and ‘I-remember-you-since-the-last-time-you-came’ occurred on Suga, Jimin and V. Then Jungkook was next.

 


 

COMMENT BELOW FOR ANY QUESTIONS AND THANK YOU FOR READING AND SUBSCRIBING :D 끝!!