010: Closer

Revenge or Love? [DISCONTINUED]

No one’s POV

   After finishing the cake, Taehyeon decided to stay for a bit longer as the maknaes kept bugging her to. The member's doesn't mind since they have a whole day. They played some games and chatted to know each other more, but all fun must come to the end, right? All of them had fun especially J-Hope. He had fun making Jungkook jealous in a short period of time. Jungkook has shown to J-Hope about his feelings for Taehyeon. Well, of course with the help of Taehyeon herself to read minds, that itself is like hitting two bird with one stone.

   Taehyeon was standing near the door entrance before bidding goodbye to the members.

   “Thank you guys for today. I really had fun. Do your best for your schedules or work for tomorrow. Bye” she waved at them and went outside.

   “You’re welcome and we also had fun. We will do our best” J-Hope held the door from closing.

   Taehyeon smiled, “Use your leadership up before the clock strikes twelve”

   “I will” he patted her head, patting down the hair strands that was poking out. She rolled her eyes at her brother never-ending babying

   “Also...thank you” she said softly. She peeked inside and saw the boys standing there, “If you want to ask something to me, text me but not in school or works hours okey?” she looked at Jungkook,

   “I’ll get going, see you in school Jungkook” she waved and walked away.

 

***

 

   On the way out, Taehyeon felt someone watching her. She turned around and saw the same two guys who work for the man. She sighed in irritation and quickly ran as fast as she could. She turned at an alleyway and searched for any living object to use her powers. She saw a cat lying on the ground. She gently picked her up and turned invisible. The men stopped at the place and looked around. They were just infront of her.

   “Damn, we lost her again. She probably turned invisible” one of the men sighed and the other agreed.

   Just before they walked away, a phone rang. It was from them. Taehyeon exhaled in relief as one of the men answered the phone,

   “Hello boss...she ran away again...the girl with power...yes...yes...we will be right there” the man slipped in his phone in his jacket.

   “Boss told us to go back to headquarter, he need to tell us about the three siblings” the men told his partner and they walked off.

   ‘Three? I thought there were only me and Jungyun’ she thought. When Taehyeon can’t longer saw the men, she went visible and looked at the cat in her arms. It was a fully grown white Turkish Angora cat. The cat fell asleep in her arms. She smiled in adoration until she saw one of the cat's leg injured. She  felt bad and brought the cat with her back to her apartment

 

   When she entered the building, she saw the owner of the building talking to the security guard. Once the owner saw Taehyeon with the cat, she excused herself and approached her,

   “Why are you bringing that poor cat Taehyeon-ah?” she questioned. The owner, Mrs. Jang, treated Taehyeon as her daughter despite she’s an old lady with no children with her late husband. Taehyeon too, felt her like her mother.

   “I found this cat on the street and decided to take care of her. You don’t mind me bringing her in?”

   “It’s alright to bring pets but don’t make so much noise okey. I see she hurt herself, take good care of her” Mrs. Jang smiled. Taehyeon excused herself to her apartment.

 

   She unlock the door and went inside. She placed the sleeping furball on her couch while she changed into more comfortable clothes. By the time she finished changing, the cat had waken, paralayzed at her place. Taehyeon approached the cat slowly, trying not to scare her and kneeled down in front of the cat. Taehyeon slowly reached out to pet her and the cat purr by her touch. She looked at the cat injured leg and rested her palm gently on the cut. Her palm glowed. She lifted up her hand and the cat injuries were gone. The cat meowed and jumped on her lap, rubbing her head on Taehyeon’s stomach. Taehyeon her fur,

   “Your welcome. I should give you a name..." Taehyeon always wanted a pet when she was younger, she already had a name for the cat at the back of her mind, "I always wanted to name my pet Sakura, so your name is Sakura” she smiled. Taehyeon feed and played with Sakura until the cat fell asleep on Taehyeon bed, which she let her to and slept beside her.

 

***

 

   Next morning, she went out a bit early to buy some cat food for her Sakura. She went inside a convenient store with her school uniform. She bought some meaty cat food and went to registry counter.

   ‘I should bring Sakura to the animal hospital, just in case if she has any problem’ she thought while waiting for her change. She thanked the lady and walked back to her apartment.

   When she arrived, Sakura was already waiting for her near the doorstep inside, with her eyes showing fears,

   “Are you that hungry, Sakura?” she said while taking off her shoes,

   ‘No, I’m just scared being alone’ Taehyeon frozed and looked at Sakura, a bit surprised.

  ‘Wait...did she said that? I can read animals mind too?’ she thought. She never thought another one came, especially in a short period of time. She went to the kitchen to prepare her food. After Sakura finished eating, Taehyeon decided to talked to her,

   “Okey Sakura, I need to go to school. Would you mind to stay here or should I drop you at Mrs. Jang apartment?”

   ‘I don’t want to be alone. I’m scared’ a voice rang in her mind, 'There's something scary' Taehyeon nodded and grabbed her school backpack. She carried Sakura on her forearm as she head to Mrs. Jang apartment.

 

   Taehyeon knocked at Mrs. Jang door and seconds later, Taehyeon was greeted by the owner.

   “Hello Taehyeon, what’s bring you here dear?” Mrs.Jang smiled,

   “Hello Mrs. Jang. Sorry to bother you but can you take care of Sakura while I’ll go to school? Sakura is scared being alone. I bought some food too. I’m really sorry if I’m bringing you trouble but I need to go to school in 30 minutes” Taehyeon quickly spoke and bowed.

   The lady smiled, “I would love too. You know, I once had a cat but he died when he was 2...I’ll take care of Sakura for you, but don’t forget to take her back after school. An old lady like me can’t handle it if this cat go rampage” she laughed; Taehyeon thanked Mrs. Jang while handed her the cat and bowed to her, promised to take her back.

 

***

 

   Taehyeon arrived at school, 10 minutes before the rings. She went to her locker to take some books when a note fell out from the box.

 

   ‘Why are you late? I just want to tell you I will go somewhere far but I’ll go back to school on Monday. My phone’s dead, so I’ll text later.

-Joki <3’

 

   She smiled at the note. Jungkook could just tell her later on. After finishing her bussiness at the locker, she went straight to her class. On the way to her classroom, she heard girls whispering loudly to each other, or just literally fangirling.

   “OMG Soojin, that boy is so cute and hot! Is he studying here? OMG look how perfect he is!” two girls squealed. Taehyeon passed the two girls as if it’s the normal thing to do,

   “Oh look, she’s behind that girl! She’s so lucky! Wish I could be her” they both continued.

   ‘If I’m the ‘she’ they’re talking about, girl, you won’t even know what I’ve been through’ Taehyeon rolled her eyes and continued walking.

   Suddenly she felt a tap on her shoulder and spun, “Excuse me miss but do you know where the ad- Wait, Noleun?” the boy looked up surprised,

   “Jaehyun-sshi?" she stopped, "I thought you’ll move next week” she eyed him while pointing at him.

   Jaehyun laughed nervously, “My sis told me to register today because my sister needs to work early in the morning on Monday, so yeah” he explained. She nodded,

   “So you want to know where the admin room or should I bring you there? I have time to spare” she volunteered but he shook his head,

   “It’s okey, I know you’re busy” he said confidently. Truthfully she wasn't, but Taehyeon told him the directions anyways.

   “-and then you can see a door with the word ‘admin’ on it and that’s all it" she said every point of direction, "Okey I need to go now, see you tomorrow then... I guess” she her lips twitched upwards a little. and they both separated.

 

***

 

   Taehyeon arrived at class on time, 12 minutes before the teacher come. She sat at her place, preparing for class. At that time, all the girls in the class, including Taehyeon of course, knew about the news about the new ‘cute-goodlooking-handsome’ student. She was to tired to hear any of them chattering, so she rested her head on the table, lacking of sleep because of Sakura. Two girls stopped by near her and knocked her desk twice.

   “You’re the girl that talked with the new boy right? We were wondering...if you know him by any chance?” the first girl spoke to her and Taehyeon raised her head, 

   ‘Follow the plan, ask her about the boy and ask her for his name. Then leave’ she read the girl’s mind.

   “Yes but if you want to know his name or what’s my relationship with him, you better ask him yourself, but I'm sure you two or the others will fangirl in his face like the boy named Jungkook, I think his name...yeah that once my partner. He won’t like that kind of girls that look upon him” she said straightforward with a pinch of lies to both of the girl as she was too tired. Man, a night with a cat was already bothersome to Taehyeon. 

   ‘What a b****. How dare she say that to my face and she doesn’t know Jungkook oppa? Have she been living under a rock?’ Taehyeon read her mind again. She was little pissed off by those two already.

   “For your information, I’m just giving you an advice, because he doesn’t like girls who squealed whenever he pass by everytime. And I live normally independently” she smiled with a hint of sarcasm in her voice. The girls scoffed in disbelief and just left.

 

   Since Taehyeon forgot to make lunch and eat breakfast since she was busy with Sakura, she decided to buy some food in the cafeteria because she was kinda hungry. She went inside and saw all the tables filled with students, rather than the first time she went to the cafeteria. Her first visit was when she was out of drinks and bought some water. She paid for the food and before she went out the exit door to the garden, she heard her name being called in the sea of chattering,

   “Noleun! Noleun! Over here!” She frozed. She knew instantly who's voice that belongs to. So she turned around and saw a hand waving at her and she instantly facepalmed herself. Taehyeon walk towards the hand and saw the owner of the hand.

 

   “Hey Noleun, want to have lunch with me? If you’re wondering why I’m here and wearing the school uniform, you have to seat first” Jaehyun talked excitedly and Taehyeon sat opposite to him. She gave him the look to explain the situation,

   “Firstly, when I was meeting the principal after signing some stuff, she told me to explore around the school, for me to familiar myself in here. So I did and I received my schedule and uniform. I wore my uniform to make sure it’s comfortable and so fuzzy in this uniform” he hugged himself as if he was hugging his uniform, and she just smiled at his childish attitude. Sure, that was a short explanation but Taehyeon just let him be.

   “So which class are you in?” she took a bite on her sandwich that she bought earlier.

   “It’s a secret” he look at her with this weird look, 

   ‘Totally childish and 4D, like V’ she smiled.

 

   They chatted to kill some time. To Taehyeon, it was an enjoyable time, but she kind of missed Jungkook himself with her. She's not going to lie, but when Jungkook wasn't around at school, she felt empty, guess that's what it feels like.

   Between their chattering, there would be girls trying to catch Jaehyun attention and it was pleasentable. Not. The bell rang, signalling that break was over and the students must go back to their class. Taehyeon stood up and threw her rubbish while Jaehyun followed behind her, “Maybe we could spend our break together in the future. It’s fun being with you” he smiled but Taehyeon rejected the offer,

   “I had someone else in mind. That someone don’t like being with people he’s not closed with. Sorry, but maybe you’ll find a friend in your new class” she pat on his shoulder and went off to class, leaving Jaehyun alone. 

 

   ‘But there’s only you in my heart’

 

 

Taehyeon’s View

   After school, I quickly teleported near my apartment. Once I reached Mrs. Jang's floor, I knocked the door to pick up Sakura. She opened the door with a heartwearming face. She invited me inside.

   “I bathed her and took her for a walk. She’s still scared by other animals though” Mrs. Jang told me while handing me the sleeping Sakura,

   ‘She must be tired’ I her gently and she slowly woke up.

   “Sorry to disturb you sleep, but I need to take you home” I smiled and cuddled her.

   ‘No, I just woke up of your warmness’ I smiled and turned to Mrs. Jang,

   “Thank you for taking care of her. I really appreciate it and I don’t know how to repay you”  I bowed. Then Mrs. Jang had an idea,

   “How about a dinner or lunch right now? I’m sure it’s exhausting studying in school” I smiled and thanked her,

   ‘Can you bear with me for awhile? You can sleep for awhile, so later you have energy for later’ I send Sakura the message and she meowed in responses. She brought me to the kitchen and I had a pleasant lunch with her.

 

   I went inside my apartment and took a quick shower. I wore skinny jeans and a plain pink and white stripped T-shirt. I saw Sakura just laying down under the kitchen table,

   “Come on Sakura, I need to check you out at the animal hospital” she turned away, back facing me. I sighed and grab her out from the table, “Come on, it doesn’t hurt. But if it does, I will be there to tell them stop”

    ‘Promise?’ I smiled and touched her nose,

   “Yes my little Princess Sakura, I promise”.

 

   I let her walk by herself and we went out the apartment. The pet hospital is a bit far, about 20 minutes away from the apartment, but we choose to walk. It was a hot day since it was August and it’s in late summer. Halfway on the journey, Sakura started to slow down on her pace. ‘I’m too tired to walk. Can you carry me?’ she meowed and looked at me. I picked her up onto my forearm where she rest.

 

***

 

   We arrived at the hospital and the nurse told me to wait for my turn.

   “Are you still tired?” I looked down. She looked up and meowed. I take that as a yes. Then the same nurse from earlier called my name and we followed her to a room. I entered the room and someone was reading a folder which I thought it’s the vet, 

   'How typical' he noticed me and checked Sakura right away.

 

   “She’s perfectly fine, just like a newborn kitty. Take good care of her and always play with her if she wants. This kind of cat dislike being ignored but if she wants to be alone, let her be” the vet gave some advice and I nodded.

   ‘I’m not LIKE that’ Sakura meowed. I just picked up her and thanked the doctor. The warm wind welcomed me as I walked outside.

   “Now to buy your stuffs” I said.

 

   I carried Sakura to the pet store since she was a lazy but I don’t mind though. I looked at the bed section and I let Sakura pick. She walked to a simple bed and we end up choosing that. Then her food and water bowl. I told her if she wanted some clothes and she strongly disagree. So we went to the collar counter to pick her collar. I pick a pink flowery design since her name is ‘Sakura’ and it means ‘cherry blossoms’ in Japanese. I took few minutes for the tag that goes with the collar. The cashier (or who would you like to call her) came back with the tag.

   ‘At least I got to spend before I leave’ I pay her and went out with the stuffs.

 

   I arrived home after 10 minute walk. I quickly set up the bed so Sakura can sleep in it. I was feeling bored so I did my homeworks. Halfway through, a notification came. I was invited into a group with a title ‘SURPRISE!’, she received another message.

 

(A/N: Suga Rap Monster Jin J-hope V Taehyeon)

‘Taehyeon-ah'

'Jungkook’s birthday is coming soon.'

'The members plan a secret camera for the maknae and we need you to be in it     -Suga’

‘Why do I need to be in it? I have school. ‘

‘Can you just ditch school only for one day?'

'Jungkook does that alot...'

'*puppy eyes*'

'and since you’re his bestfriend and we’re his friends, friends should be together…      -Suga’

 

‘Fine but you will be the reason if I fail in class. I’m the top student in class.’

 

‘Bragging much are you?'

'I was once the ‘THE’ top student class too you know~        -RM’

 

‘Was’ is the keyword here RM'

'So what’s the plan?'

'I need to do my homework…'

 

‘Tomorrow is holiday'

'Can you do your homework tomorrow?'

'Or you’re busy tomorrow?'

'Hoppie will tell the plan but he’s in the bathroom        -Jin’

 

‘Yes, I will be busy tomorrow.'

'Tell him to hurry and guys'

'No need to put your name at the end of your messages'

'I already saved your numbers.’

 

‘Your Hope is back!'

'Jungkook’s currently sleeping'

'Taehyeon-ah, want a picture of him sleeping?’

 

‘No'

'I already saw his ugly sleeping face ‘face to face’ at school'

'Just tell me the plan, okey?’

 

‘Yeah hyung, I need to update at the fancafe~'

 

   So J-Hope told us the plan and I just can’t believe what they were thinking or how they got the idea from.

 

No one’s view

   The next day, Taehyeon got ready to meet Jaehyun at the store.

   “Sakura, you sure you’ll be alright alone?”  Taehyeon refilled Sakura’s water and food bowl. 

   ‘Yes, I can take of myself, because one day, one of us will leave right?’ Taehyeon froze for a moment,

   ‘Yes, one day, we will’ she thought and grabbed her sling bag.

   “I’m going now. I’ll be back before dinner. You can eat your food or take some rest. Just, don’t make a mess” she put on her boots. Sakura meowed as an okay sign. Taehyeon bid goodbye and she walked to the store and arrived 10 minutes early.

 

   “Noleun~!” Jaehyun surprised Taehyeon and she show no sign of surprised like Jaehyun expected.

   “Hello Jaehyun~ how’s your walk here? Or should I say run here cause you’re late 10 minutes,” she crossed her arm and tapped her foot, pretending to be mad.

   “Sorry…my sister told me to buy some breakfast since she was sick. Forgive me Noleun~” he rubbed his palm together and Taehyeon smiled and ruffled his hair,

   “Next time, text me or don’t be late 30 minute. I’ll kick your !” she showed him her kick that almost touch his , “Also, my real name is Taehyeon. ‘TAE’ ‘HYEON’ okey. I lied to you because I don’t give my identity to strangers, unlike someone” Taehyeon rolled her eye at him.

   “Taehyeon? I prefer Noleun more, but I’ll just go with it” he said, not caring about the last part.

 

   Since Jaehyun wanted to show her a place, they went there first. Immediately they arrived at a stranded park, which is unusual because that day was weekends and in Korea, parks are full with people, but not this one.

   “Looking amazed already. This isn’t the place I want to show you but we’re near. Come on” Jaehyun grabbed her wrist and look around if there’s anyone around. When the coast was clear, he pulled her into the woods. They walked deep in the woods, but not really deep, deep enough for the people outside the wood couldn’t see inside.

   “This place is where my sister brings me every 2 months. I don’t know why she does so” They stood in the middle of a round stone floor with some cravings. Taehyeon looked around, scanning the place.  The place is almost the same as her’s, except for the craving.

   “So why you bring me here actually?” she turned around to found him nowhere in sight. Then a hand which holds a white flower appears in front of her face. She looked at the owner of the hand,

   “Here, as a gift”

   “Owh…thank you. I didn’t knew flower still bloom in this season?” she held the flower,

   “Yeah, only this kind though, that I found near here”

 

   They sat on one of the fallen tree there and enjoyed the noise of nature.

   “You know. I always get chased at my previous school that I never felt this calm with other people”

   “No wonder girls keep disturbing you” Jaehyun laughed at her statement,

   “Someday, all the girls will leave me, except the one I’m destined to be. That what I thought every time the girls do so”

   “Every time?” Taehyeon asked,

   “Well...sometimes okey” they laughed together.

   Then out of nowhere, an orange butterfly wandered near them and land on Taehyeon’s shoulder. She looked at her shoulder and lends it a finger. The butterfly hopped on it and she showed it to Jaehyun, who was looking in curiosity.

   “Butterflies are really rare in Korea, especially in this season. Then suddenly it’s flying out of the place” Jaehyun examines it,

   “Maybe it hid itself in the calm forest so the human won’t disturb them” she the wings slowly so it won’t get hurt, “You know, in my view, butterfly means goodbye or death. Don’t get me wrong, blame my mind for it” she lightly shrugged and let the butterfly free.

 

   “I’m hungry and it’s almost lunchtime. Wanna grab some lunch? I’ll pay” Jaehyun stood up while rubbing his tummy,

   “Sure, I’m hungry too” They walked out the forest, looking around if there’s no people around saw them randomly going out the forest. They went to a nearby restaurant which sells decent meal. They choose a table and took their order.

   “Since that’s done, let’s chat more since we have time to spare” Jaehyun put away the menu book,

   “What should we talk about Mr. obvious?” Taehyeon asked.

   “Do you have a boyfriend?” he rested his cheeks on his palm,

   “I don’t know…I won’t be here, hanging out with you if I do, don’t you think so?” she judged him,

   “Just saying Mrs. Obvious” he laughed.

   “You’re the one who are obvious Mr. Obvious” she replied jokingly,

   “No, you are!”

   They kept throwing words at each other and chatted nonstop, creating a stable bond. Their foods came and they ate the food while continuing joking around.

 

   “So where do you want to go next?” They walked out from the restaurant after the enjoyable lunch,

   “Want to go to the arcade? I heard the games in the arcade are fun. I never went to one. My sister won’t let me…” Jaehyun admitted.

   “Me too. Let’s go to one, I’ll pay this time” she smiled. Jaehyun for once look so excited that he pulled Taehyeon and dashed into the big crowds, finding an arcade. “Wow! Sorry…Slow down Jaehyun!” Taehyeon yelled while apologizing to the people that she bumped.

 

   Few minutes later, Jaehyun arrived at one of the nearby arcade with a tired Taehyeon by his side.

   “Next time…I’ll lead” she said between her breathing,

   “Sorry Taehyeon, I just…want to see how an arcade looks like. My old classmates always go to one after school…” Taehyeon heard the sadness in his voice. She patted his back,

   “What are you waiting for? Let’s go inside” she smiled.

   They went inside the noisy room and bought some tokens. Taehyeon let Jaehyun play all he wanted and she’ll play when she felt to play one. In few hours, Jaehyun almost played every game in the arcade, while Taehyeon just smiling and supported him to win even though she’s tired and the one that’s paying.  She wondered how this kid is so hyper.

   “I WON!!!” Jaehyun exclaimed when he won first in car racing game and looked at Taehyeon who cheered with him. They finished all their tokens and walked out the place,

   “That was fun”

   “Yeah, you barely touch any games there” Jaehyun nudged her,

   “At least I cheered for you” she eyed at him.

 

   They decided to just walk around the street. They walked around looking at stores and talk random stuffs that they see. Jaehyun found a shop which sells accessories and went inside.

   “Jae, look at tha-…Jae?” Taehyeon turned around to find an empty presence beside her. She stopped and looked around to find Jae looking around inside the shop. She went inside and immediately, Jaehyun held a flower hairpin on her hair,

   “Do you think this is look pretty Tae?” he asked her.

   “Next time, tell me if you want to buy something or I might lose you while walking in the big crowds, you know…” she scolded him,

   “Hehe, sorry. I just find this interesting and want to buy it for you” he held another hairpin, but this time, it’s a purple butterfly,

   “How about this?” She held the hairpin and examines it, ‘It’s beautiful’ 

   “It’s okay” Jaehyun nodded. He picked another hairpin, a star hairpin,

   “I’ll buy these please” the stall owner smiled and told him the price and he pay for the pins.

 

   They walked out and they continued walking. They bought some ice cream and sat at one of the benches.

   “Have you heard that the school is going to create another building, but I’m not sure what’s it for” Jaehyun told her,

   “Really? Maybe it’s a swimming pool or an arcade, so we can play all we want” she responded and both of them laughed. Taehyeon looked at her watch, “It’s already late” Jaehyun looked at his watch,

   “You’re right, I need to have dinner with my sister”

   They stood up, “Want me to accompany you?” he offered but she rejected,

   “I’m okay alone, I’ll survive”

   They waved goodbye and went separated way.

 

   Few minutes after the separation, Taehyeon sensed someone following her. She turned around and saw them, the bodyguards. Whne will she get sick seeing the same men again. They also took notice and ran towards her. She dashed quickly as she could away from the men. She turned to an alley, hoping there were escape routes, but there were none. Now Taehyeon was trapped, the men arrive and they trying to look fierce although it doesn’t affect her. She knew that they’re going to hit her and make her faint, 

   ‘Just try to fight them’ she exhaled, prepare the next move.

 

   One of the men attack first but she dodged it easily, and then all 4 men marched towards her. She tried to use most of her powers and strength to fight them. She was weakening and slowly losing, but she tried to use all her energy. Then she received a blow behind her head making her to fall down. She almost lost her conscious, trying to get up but enabled to.

   “Taehyeon!!!” someone was calling her name was the last thing she remembered and after that, everything went black.