009: A New Friend

Revenge or Love? [DISCONTINUED]

No one’s POV

   Taehyeon looked around her, trying to find away to get out, “Well look at the time, I need to go now”.

   J-Hope looked straight to her eyes seriously, “Answer me Taehyeon, you like Jungkook or not? But I predicted that you like him since you’re acting like this” he leaned back and observed her.

   “Fine, I admit" she sat down, "Yes I like Jungkook since I saw him in the park. You know that I don’t believe in love, especially love at first sight. I’m way to ignorance about stories these days” she rolled her eyes playfully,

   “Yeah, I remember when you saw a couple kissing in the park, I tried to cover your eyes but then you judged them. They saw you and they walk away awkwardly” J-Hope said and they both smiled.

 

   “So what do think about him?” J-Hope teasingly asked. Taehyeon thought of him and for no reason, her heartbeat rate went up. Her face went red. Her shell have finally broken.

    “He’s fine, matured but sometimes he acted cutely for no reason. And he is a good company and willing to go to school for me, well that what he said” she spoke embarrassed,

   “Do you think he’s good enough for you to spend your life with?” Taehyeon looked at him with an ‘are-you-kidding-me’ look,

   “For once, we’re too early to marry, like seriously, what wrong with your head while I was gone?” she pushed his forehead away, “But if we really are together, the chances are very thin. He’s an idol, including you too. If the fans know about us, your fans will haunt me down or your company will be mad at Jungkook”.

      J-Hope wanted to say that things won’t happen, then he realized it’s possible.

 

   “For me, someday I will run away from this place again, change everything about me. I just don’t want to hurt anybody who I’m close with, especially Jungkook. That’s why I don’t want to create more bonds, I just can’t bear the pain seeing them in pain” she sighed.

   “But sometimes, creating more bonds, will make you stronger Tae” he then continue, “Someday, we will get our revenge to him. We will, we just don’t know when. Then, we can live peacefully” he ruffled her head.

 

   Taehyeon told J-Hope that she needs to go. They bid goodbye and Taehyeon advised him to let the member rest at least 2 hours after they’re awake. They give each other their last hug for the night and promised to text each other.

   The members woke up 5am in the morning the next day. J-Hope already told their manager that all of them need some rest.

   “Hyung, I need to go to school. I’ve been absent for one day and I don’t want Taehyeon to be lonely” Jungkook walked out his room after showering. J-Hope told him to not to although he was smiling because Jungkook cares about his sister,

   “You can’t! I already told manager hyung we’re tired for today"

   “B-but-”

   “No is a NO” J-Hope firmly said.

 

   “Since when are you the leader here?” Rap Monster came out from his room after having a bad sleep,

   “Since manager hyung assigned me till the end of the night. After that, then you can have your position back. Now go shower after Jimin’s finish” J-Hope ordered nicely and continued to play his game on his phone, leaving the sad Jungkook going to his room.

 

'I’m sorry Bunny for not going to school for two days.'

'Something happened'

'So I was unable to go. Sorry T.T'

 

'I understand'

'Hope you’re fine.'

'I didn’t go to school yesterday until tomorrow because of something.'

'So we’re the same. And don’t cry...I will comfort you.'

'Just don’t cry, it makes me want to cry T.T'

'Fine, I won’t cry...'

'In one condition”

 

'What’s that one condition?'

 

'Bake me a cake!'

'I know that you can bake plus it’s almost my birthday...'

'So bake one or I’ll cry till my birthday ;( '

'Fine'

'Just don’t eat it by yourself,'

'Share it with your hyung -_-'

'Yaaaaaayyy!'

'Bunny’s going to bake a cake for me!'

'*dance happily*'

 

'Are you seriously dancing in your room?'

'The cake'

'I’ll bring it to school or you want another place for me to give you?'

 

'School...'

'I’ll probably eat all of it'

'How about you bring it to our dorm?'

'Okey that settle, bring it to our dorm later, if you’re free because all of us are having a day off today.'

'Okey bye, V invited me to play games and I have no choice to join.'

'I’ll send you the address later.'

'Bye my Bunny'

 

'You type like you’re in rush.'

'I’ll send at your dorm later in the evening,'

'I won’t tell you the exact time, be prepared.'

'Go play then, have fun.'

'No need to send me the address, I know where it is.'

'Bye Joki and enjoy your day off'

 

   Taehyeon locked her phone and watched her ceiling on her bed in boredom. She remembered that Jungkook wrote my Bunny and that made her smile in giggly mode. She slapped her face, reminding herself she should stop acting like that.

   ‘What should I bake?’ she recovered from her giggly self. She sat up and grabbed her old baking book that was sitting far end of her study table. She flipped it open and looked through each page.

   ‘Chocolate is too mainstream. How about...vanilla cake with mint frosting? Sounds good’ she thought. She decided to pick the vanilla cake and mint and closed the book. She showered a she wan't able to the day before and it was already 10 in the morning.

   She decided to take a few minutes in the park. While sitting in the park, she saw a stray cat. She knew that the cat was hungry and Taehyeon wanted to give food however, she didn’t bring any food, so she just ignored the cat.

   One hour passed and she went to the supermarket to buy some groceries and the ingredient for the cake.

   ‘It’s been awhile since I bake. Let me check the list’ she took out the list she wrote earlier. She scanned through the place for the things in a rush.

   

   While searching for milk at the dairy section, she accidently bumped into someone.

   “I’m sorry” she apologizes.

   “No need. It’s my fault for bumping at you” the boy said. Taehyeon looked at him; she got to say that the man was quite good-looking.

   “May I know you name miss?” the boy asked,

   “And why should I stranger?” she throws the words at him.

   “Ouch...that hurts. Well, I would like to tell you mine. My name is Jaehyun, Jung Jaehyun” Jaehyun held up his hand for a handshake.

   “Are you trustable to know my name?” she looked at him and he just shrugged, “Noleun is my name, Kim Noleun. Pleasure to meet you” she received the handshake.

   “You too. Maybe we can hangout in the future. Let’s exchange numbers, if you mind” he lends his phone to her. She hesitated as again, she does not trust this boy easily. She took the phone anyway and dialled her phone.

   “Here, but try to only text me cause I might be busy if you call me” she gave his phone back.

   “Excuse me Jaehyun, but I need to buy some things in a rush. Again, good knowing you” Taehyeon bowed, grabbed a carton of milk and rushed to the baking aisle.

   Jaehyun saw her rushing,  ‘So cute...wait what Jaehyun? You’re thinking that to a person you just met. You’re crazy’ he slapped his cheeks twice softly.

 

***

 

   After buying the groceries and that unusual encounter, Taehyeon took a quick shower and changed into new set of clothes. She went into the kitchen and placed all the unnecessary stuff to its place, leaving only the things that needed for the cake. She decided to bake the cake as soon as possible. She makes the cake batter according to the recipe and poured it in a round cake tin. She placed it into the oven and waited for it to bake. While waiting for the cake to bake, she received a text massage. She thought it would be Jungkook, so she was excited but it was an unknown number. She read the text and remembered that she forgot to save his number.

 

'Hi Noleun. It’s Jaehyun, remember me?'

'I’m the boy you met at the market'

'Do you have some time to have a chat since I’m bored?'

 

'Sure'

'I was waiting for the cake to bake'

 

'So you were buying the things for the cake earlier..'

'Can I have some?'

 

'Sorry Jaehyun-sshi'

'It’s for someone'

'But I’ll make some for you in the future'

 

'I’ll be waiting'

'So first, may I know how old are you?'

'I’m 1996-liner'

'I’m younger than you'

'1997-liner'

 

'Since you’re younger''

'I’ll call you Noleun'

'So you must call me oppa :D'

 

'I’m not used to the word ‘oppa’'

'Even my closes friend that is a boy'

'I call him using ‘sshi’ or a nickname'

'But I can call you oppa here while texting'

'but in conversation, I prefer just your name,'

'if you don’t mind'

 

'It’s okay'

'But at least I want to hear your voice calling my name with oppa once.'

'So which school are you studying?'

'Mine is somewhere near the market where we met.'

'I will be transfer from Seoul to there next week”

 

'I’m pretty sure there’s only one school there'

'And I’m studying in the same school.'

'Well if you’re really going there'

 'Welcome to the school :p'

 

'Well that’s a good start for me to the school :)'

'So when are you free?'

'Maybe we can hangout or take a walk together'

 

'Um....'

'Maybe this Saturday...”

'The day after tomorrow sounds good'

'How about we meet in front of the market where we first met?'

'At 11am'

'Okey, we'll meet there at 11am'

'I need to go now, my cake is done.'

'See you in Saturday Jaehyun oppa :)'

 

   Taehyeon placed her phone at the counter after the short chat with Jaehyun. She took out the cake to let it cool. She went into the livingroom to watch read some newpapers, forgetting her phone which was ringing few minutes later. 

 

***

 

   ‘Damn, why isn’t she picking up?’ Jungkook threw his phone towards the couch. He sighed and watched the others playing the XBox.

   “What's wrong Jungkook?” J-Hope sat beside him,

   “Taehyeon isn’t picking up. She never misses a call from me” he replied and pouted.

   “Maybe she’s busy or forgot her phone in her room while going out, anything can happen. It’s not like she’s been kidnap or killed, I know she won’t” J-Hope assured him. He thought that Jungkook was being too caring for Taehyeon. Suddenly he thought of an idea. 

 

   He sat up from the couch while Jungkook was still in 'bad' mood. He went into his and Jungkook’s room.

   “Jungkook! Can you help me a bit?!”

   “Coming hyung!” J-Hope heard a lazy shout from Jungkook.

   Jungkook went inside the room, “What can I help you hyung?” he turned around to see J-Hope locking the door.

   “Sorry but I need some privacy talk with you” Jungkook felt the tension building in the room.

   “It’s related to Taehyeon”

   “What’s wrong with her? Is she alright?” he asked worriedly. He haven't hear of Taehyeon for the past minutes, of course he's worried.

   “No, there’s something wrong with you. Do you perhaps like her, as in a romantically way?” Well there was nothing wrong with him, J-Hope just need to make the poor boy to admit it. J-Hope watched him hesitating to reply.

   “W-what? N-no...of course not. We’re just friends, no more” Jungkook stuttered as he glanced to the floor.

   “Then why you’re worry about her? She’s just your friend” J-Hope like to play with this dongsaeng so much.

   “Because she is the only personal friend that I have beside the hyungs” Jungkook admitted. J-Hope pat his back as a comfort. A young boy should have fun in his age, with freedom and friends to play with.

   “You sure she’s just a friend?” he asked again.

   “Yes...I...swear...” J-Hope knew that he was lying but let the fate works its way. Meanwhile Jungkook felt suspicious at J-Hope,

   ‘Why is Hopey hyung asking me this? Is it possible that he like Taehyeon too?’ Jungkook felt unsecure, ‘Maybe I should look over for some clues over the theory’ he nodded softly, so J-Hope won’t notice.

 

***

 

   Taehyeon went back to the kitchen to make the cake frosting. She realized her phone was not in her hand. She looked around and saw it ssitting by the counter top. She checked her phone and saw a lot of miss calls and massages.

   ‘6 miss calls and 15 massages from Jungkook! I must call him back’ she dialled his number and wait for him to pick up.

   ‘Taehyeon, are you alright?! Where are you? Why didn’t you pick up?’ Jungkook asked as soon he picked up the phone.

   “Take a chill pill won’t you? I’m fine and I’m at my apartment. I left my phone in the kitchen while I took a walk” Taehyeon lied about the last one, didn'y know why. She heard a sighed over the phone,

   “Thank god you’re alright. So you’ll come to our dorm later?” he asked, remembered the cake she promised.

   “Yes as I promised. I’m in the process at the cake. So don’t disturb me, we’ll chat later in your dorm okey. See you later, bye” she cut the bag of icing sugar,

   “Okey, bye and make sure it’s pretty enough to eat" Jungkook he plainly joked and hanged up.  Taehyeon looked at her phone, cracked a smile of disbelief. She shook her head and went off to make the frosting.

 

***

 

 

   Taehyeon tighten the plastic bag containing the cake box as she was walking to BTS’s dorm. She make sure that the cake's frosting won't be smudging in the box, not after she tried her best to make it decent with her now-rusted-bakery-skills. She exhaled as the warm breeze blew when suddenly someone called her name behind her,

   “Noleun-ah!” 

   She turned around and saw Jaehyun half-walking-half-running to her with a cup of coffee, “Hey Noleun. Where are you going? Mind if we chat along the way?” Taehyeon didn't mind so they walked side by side. Jaehyun was wearing a blue jacket over a black shirt inside, matching with the blue jeans. Taehyeon on the other hand was wearing a plain pink long sleeve shirt and black skinny jeans.

   “I’m going to my friend’s place...but how can you recognize me in the street?” Taehyeon asked

  “Well, I also don’t know, maybe because you have that vibe around you... Anyway, I’m on my way to my house. Maybe you should pay a visit there some time and we can play games” he suggested.

   “I would like too.  Maybe I can bake or cook something for you along the way, well that’s what you want earlier” she smiled.

 

   They chatted until Jaehyun popped a question that make a bit Taehyeon flustered,

   “Do you have a boyfriend?”

   “Isn’t that a bit personal?” she glared at him jokingly.

   “Hey hey, I’m sorry. How about...do you live your family or alone or do you have any siblings?” Taehyeon mentally relaxed.

   “I live alone but I currently have 1 brother. My other 3 brothers and parents died in a plane accident few years ago” she halfly lied,

   “I’m sorry” he said,

   “No, it’s alright. Past remain as past. How about you, who do you live with?” she asked at him.

   “Me? I live with my sister. I don’t know where my parents are since I live with my sister when I’m young but my sis probably know” he happily told her about his sister, “My sister is very kind and pretty. She cooks, does the chores and takes care of me. I’m not sure how old is she since she never tell me”

   "You don't know her age?!" she said, suprised, "Don't tell you don't know her age as well"

   "Of course I do! It's Jung Jaejin!" he pouted and Taehyeon just laughed.

 

***

 

   They finally arrived at BTS’s dorm. Taehyeon thanked Jaehyun for the companying her, “No problem. So your friend live here?” he looked up the building, she hummed,

   "Impressive isn't it?"

   “Say hello to her. I’ll get going. See you on Saturday” he walked away while waving to Taehyeon which waved back. Once out of sight, she entered the building and went to their dorm. She rang the door. Seconds later, the door opened, revealing a messy-haired Jin. His eyes opened wide at her presence and quickly fixed his hair, Taehyeon can only laugh silently.

   “You look cute Jin-sshi and I like your hair like that” she complimented and Jin smiled.

   “Jin hyung! Is that Taehyeon?” Jungkook popped behind Jin.

   “Come in Taehyeon-nie. Did you bring my cake?” by the time the word ‘cake’ came out, V was yelling far inside,

   “Cake?! Don’t forget to give me some!” Taehyeon smiled,

   “So are you guys not letting me inside?” she saw the door was blocked by the two boys. The boys saw the situation and panickly let her inside.

 

   She went to the kitchen and placed the cake on the table.

   “So do you want to eat the cake now or later?” she turned around to see a confused Jungkook.

   “How did you know where’s the kitchen is?”

   “Because there's a fridge” Taehyeon tilted her head to the direction of the refrigerator sitting at the corner. She looked cute to him and felt his face getting hotter. He turned around to hide his face. Then V came first inside the place and went straight to the cake, followed by the other members.

   “Wow pretty and tasty looking cake you got there. Did you bake it yourself?” Suga inspected the cake,

   “Yeah, it was for Jungkook but I told him to share it with you guys” Taehyeon slapped V's hand from touching any frosting on the cake.

 

   She saw J-Hope and smiled. J-Hope gave her a welcome hug out of the blue, she fliched a little “Good thing you’re alright. But can you do me a favour?” he whispered,

   “What?”

   “I want to play with Jungkook by making him jealous. You’ll see later” J-hope released the hug. Taehyeon was confused but she unknowingly blushed anyway. J-Hope noticed the faint blush creepping to her cheeks.

   'Just mention his name and she blushed' he grinned,

   “So, can I help you give out the cake?” J-Hope snapped at her and she cleared , trying to keep a cool figure as she was before. The other members were sent out by J-Hope so they can perpare the dessert.

 

 

   Taehyeon divided the cake into 8 pieces while J-Hope took out the plates and spoons.

   “So, why did you baked him a cake?” he placed the plateson the table,

   “We were playing while texting and then...wait, how about you read it yourself? Just from here until end but don’t read the above” she showed her phone to him and swiped. J-Hope read the texts she showed but then, curiosity took over him. He took a glance at Taehyeon and saw her placing the slice on the plates. J-Hope pressed the 'back' button and saw two chat rooms, one from Jungkook and one from an unknown number. He opened the chat room and quickly scanned over the texts.

   “What?! Who’s Jaehyun?” J-Hope blurted, and then the phone got snatched from his hands,

   “Done reading?” Taehyeon slipped the phone in her pocket while giving him a cut eye.

   He laughed nervously, “Since when did you knew?”

   “Since you took a glance at me for a chance” she answered irritated. She finished placing the cake on the plates that was soon to be given to the members. She then asked J-Hope about the 'plan' he was talking about.

   “Oh about that...I was planning to make him jealous by flirting and acting nice to you. Mind to follow?” J-Hope winked twice. She sighed and just went along on anything this brother of her's.

 

Jungkook’s view

   Both of them brought the cakes and some drinks to the living room. We were waiting on the floor while watching the television.

   “Sorry Taehyeon for not having enough chairs” Rap Monster apologized when she gave each of us the plate,

   “It’s fine. They floor seems cozier than the chairs” she sat on the floor, followed by the one on the couch. They took a taste, 

   ‘Wow...this is delicious than any bakery’ I thought. I glanced over at Taehyeon who haven’t touch her piece.

   “Wow...this is yummy Taehyeon! You should run a cake shop” she snapped out and smiled at hyung. I wonder what she was thinking at that moment.

   She turned to me, “How’s the cake? It’s your cake anyway”

   “Just like V hyung said, you should build a cake business” I said carelessly. I just smiled when I realized that won’t probably happen.

 

   We ate in silence while watching the television. I'm guessing that Taehyeon rarely watch television since I don't see any at her apartment. She was so immersed in the drama that she ate the cake carelessly and got some of the frosting near her lips. I saw J-Hope hyung noticed it and quietly wiped the frosting. She smiled in response. Somehow, I felt my heart ached.

   ‘Wish I could do that’ I thought.

   “Hey you two, are you guys dating or what? Cause you two seems like it” Suga hyung who was sitting at the back sad with a little hint of sarcasm while resting his chin on his palm.

   “Hey, we just have a good bond. Just like Jungkook who always see her in school, right maknae?” J-Hope hyung look at me, he was waiting for me to reply.

   “Of course. We’ve been together for months as bestfriends, that is...” I replied, ‘Wish we could be more than that’