008: Escaping

Revenge or Love? [DISCONTINUED]

No one’s POV

   “For the semi finals, let Hobie hyung and Taehyeon fight since she’s standing” V suggested,

   “You just want to see how we fight” Taehyeon pretend to say it softly but loud enough for him to hear.

   “Alright alright, we shall compete” J-Hope jumped from the floor, making the others jumped in surprised.

 

   “Let’s start! You go first” J-Hope exclaimed, 

   ‘I’m going to make you lose brother’ Taehyeon smiled and J-Hope replied back with smile.

   “If you have a little sister, would you give her everything she wants, even risking your life?” J-Hope gave her the ‘you-dare-to-challenge-me’ move,

   “Of course! If you have 4 older brothers, you will always like the youngest, right?” he crossed his arms and leaned towards her.

   “Why are you guys talking about siblings? Please change the topic” Suga requested, “Of course for both of you” she pointed at both of them.

 

   “Would you like to tell me who’s your first girlfriend full name, age and hometown? I’m quite curious” Taehyeon was really serious this time and J-Hope looked at her,

   “Do you really want to know?” he asked.

   “You should answer with ‘of course’ and yes, I really want to know” she crossed her arm.

   “The answer will lead you to confusion and will waste my effort for years” he told her.

 

   That time, the members had no idea about the conversation and both of them forget the other 5 people in the room.

   “What do you mean your efforts for years?” she was confused, “did you do something to me years ago?”

   “Wait what?! You guys already knew each other before?” Jungkook breaks into the conversation.

   “I’m going first. It’s late and I need to buy something for home” she walked out from the 'stage' with expressionless face. She is furious.

   ‘And tell Jungkook I won’t go to school tomorrow and the day after that. You Taeyun, need an explanation to do’ she glared at J-Hope. Taehyeon curtly bowed to them after grabbing her bag and went out the door without saying goodbye.

 

   Taehyeon went out using the front door and stood outside.

   ‘They probably questioning him now’ she thought.

   She took out a small velvet box from her bag and opened it. Inside shone a beautiful stone necklace,

   “Looks like I got to give him another time” she say to herself and touch her hair pin. The hair pin glowed softly at her touch along with the stone in the box. She closed the box and placed it safely in her bag. She walked back to her apartment and resting was the only thing in her head.

 

***

 

   At that time the boys looked at J-Hope who's gaze stuck to the floor from the look's his groupmates.

   “So aren’t you going to explain about you and her?” Suga looked sternly at J-Hope.

   “I can’t tell you guys, not until she say so” he told them,

   “Taehyeon never told or speaks about you to me. She even told me she never had any friends since she was young and I’m her first friend beside her family” Jungkook told him.

 

   J-Hope still remembers that Taehyeon was an outcast in her school and her siblings was the only one that always with her. She always got bullied for being a loner but she never used her power to defend herself.

   ‘We shouldn’t use powers for useless stuffs, because they will become useless’ he remember her voice despite she was 3 years younger than him, she was very mature than the rest of her brothers. Then memories of his first love comes to light.

 

   “Hello, earth to Hoseok? Are you listening or what?” Rap Monster snapped J-Hope out from his thought.

   “So answer this, it’s simple, just answer yes or no. Do you know Taehyeon in the past?” Jin asked firmly.

   J-Hope hesitated but he remembered Taehyeon words earlier

   ‘3…2…1’ 

   He counted in his mind and then their dance instructor entered the room, “Okey boys, breaks over. Go back to practice. No time to waste. Start stretching” the dance instructor clapped loudly. The boys leave J-Hope and started to stretch.

 

***

 

Jungkook’s view

   I went to school to meet Taehyeon and ask her about the day before since Hobie hyung won’t open his mouth.

   I rushed to the garden to see no sight of Taehyeon waiting for me. I waited for her till the bell rang but still she didn’t show up. Later that evening, the members and I had a fansigning event and other schedules till dawn.

 

   We arrived back at the dorm exhausted after practicing, all the members were practically tired,

   “Kookie, why do you look worried and continuously checking your phone?” Jiminie hyung looked at me.

   “Taehyeon is not reading nor picking up my calls. She didn’t go to school this morning” I told him.

   Then Hobi hyung pop up out of nowhere, “She isn’t picking up?” the members was surprised by his loud voice, “What’s date is it today?”

   “Why are you suddenly asking about her? You’re the one who make her leave” V hyung mocked at him. Hope hyung just looked at his watch,

   “Today… oh !” Hobie hyung exclaimed and took his jacket and told us he will be back and he rushed out the door.  “What the heck hyung?!” the others were too shocked to speak.

   We looked worried, then Rap Mon hyung ordered, “Jin, Suga and Jungkook, follow him. Call us if you catch him. We’ll be here to excuse” we went outside and saw him running few blocks ahead.

 

***

 

   We went through a narrow alley by alley with Hope hyung in our sight.

   “HYUNG! Where are you going? Please stop!” I yelled but he seems to not heard what I say.

   “Jungkook-ah, let just follow him until he stop”

 

   We ran for 5 minutes until Hope hyung stopped at a place that looks like an abounded mansion or building. Three of us panted tiredly after running for 10km nonstop.

   “Why are you guys here? You shouldn’t be here. You have to go back” Hopey hyung went to us after noticing us,

   “After running for minutes catching up with you…no way! You got to tell us why you suddenly ran outside without telling us” Jin hyung said and we agreed.

   “Fine then, you can follow me but don’t do anything stupid inside and stick close to me” he ordered.

   Then suddenly, he touches my shoulder and all my exhaustion was gone by his touch. I stood up straight and saw Hope hyung did the same with the other two.

   “Wow, I felt like I just finish showering after a long practice which I haven't. Are you a witch or what with your touch?” Jin hyung asked and Suga hyung dissed him, “Nice description but seriously, how’d you did that?” he just shook his head.

   “Let’s go if you guys want to go back home. The earlier, the better” Hope hyung walked towards the building. We followed behind while watching surrounds us. I can feel Hope hyung’s nervousness while walking. He stopped in front which looked like the main entrance.

   “Here we go”

   He said and opened the door.

 

***

 

J-Hope’s view

   With a deep breath, I entered the place, memories of the place hit me hard, every memories.

 

Flashback

   "Let us go!"

   I looked over my side and the little girl hissed while struggling with the ropes tied at her wrists. The three men only looked at Taehyeon along with me and Taekyung, our brother. We were also tied down with a cloth over our mouth. I muffled to Taehyeon, saying that it's useless. 

   The man who kidnapped my whole family injected some kind of drug that unable us to use our powers.

   I looked over at my other side and saw Taekyung sweating like crazy along with some tears below his eyebags. I myself was terrified as I didn't saw mom and dad after I woke up, only my brothers and Taehyeon can be sighted.

 

   Over time, one by one my brothers was taken away. Time was ticking away very slowy to me, as if I was suffocating in emotions.

 

   Then two men came in the room and took Taekyung away, "Mpp-no!" Taehyeon exclaimed. She tried standing up to run over him, but she got pushed down by one of the men incharge roughly. I growled and sent a deadly glare to him. He backed away.

 

   Seconds past and I frozed. I realized that I was next. I looked over at Taehyeon and saw she crying. She looked at me with her pitiful face, but something was wrong. Her eyes showed something else. Before I knew it, she stood in front of me. She released herself and killed the men in charge. 

   Then she removed the cloth on my mouth, "Come on before the other come" she ordered and burned the roped behind me. She pulled me up and lead me to the door. She peeked out and looked around. She signalled me to follow her.

   "H-how?"

   "I don't know myself. I suddenly heard the men thoughts and thought my powers are back. So lit a little fire to burn the rope. Maybe the thing they gave us worn o- stop"

   She held me back and placed a finger on her lips. She leaned back at the wall and I followed her. I heard someone talking at first but then it fades away. Taehyeon signalled 'go' and we tried to keep low.

 

   As soon as we reached that we assumed it's the exit, she turned around. "Do you regain your power yet?" 

   I raised a finger and made a little tornado and noddded, "A little. What you going to do?"

   "We're going to fight the guards at the door" she peeked out, "There's few but they're are armed with weapon"

   I let out a shaky breath, "Then we need to be careful"

   I looked at her and she was still peeking. Somehow, I felt hopeless because I was suppose to be protecting her, not the other way around, but I believe in her.

   "I think I got their passcode of the exit door" she leaned back, glancing at me "Are you ready?"

   I gulped and nodded. We both prepared ourself to fight, I began to feel the courage building up my body as I warmed up. Taehyeon and I looked at each other, 'It's now or never'

 

   We walked out and Taehyeon let out a big wave of fire and water to make the guards fell down and got burned. I was amazed since it was my first time seeing it but I regained my posture and started to send a gust of wind, the strongest I have ever done. The wind pushed them away from the exit. We walked cautiously to the door. The guards looked unconscious.

   Once we reached the door, Taehyeon began typinng the passcode. I heard some footsteps coming it's way to us, "Jungyeon quickly, more are coming"

   "Noted"

   I stood behind her just in case someone started to jump on us. Once the door was unlocked, Taehyeon grabbed me and pulled me out. Before my sight was cut, I saw the men arrived, so I grabbed the door shut.

 

   We ran as fast as we could to the unfamiliar neighbourhood, as long we were away from the building. Taehyeon didn't looked back at all but I did. There were men spiling out from the building as the red light, like the one on top of the police cars, flashed around and around. We weren't running as fast enough because they were catching up on us, fast.

   "Hang on me or you might be left behind" Taehyeon linked arm with mine. I felt my body being lifted and air went past my face. Then I landed on my feet once again. "I think I ran far enough" she looked behind. We were in the forest and I can see the building far behind me. 

   I quickly grabbed her, "I think it's better us to split up" I told her,

   "How is that better? We should stick together"

   "If we are together, the man will track us easier and that will be more difficult to both of us"

   "No!" she hugged me tightly. I felt like crying with her but I held it in.

   She looked at me, "How about we search some place to ran away from them, then we'll talk. Grab on" then we went off to the dark forest, searching for shelter.

 

 

   I walked through the long hallway, making sure I checked every door on the way. The other three just followed me from behind.

   “This place looks habitable than the outside which look like ghost live here” Suga who is looking around him commented.

   “Jungkook-ah, do you want to know something?” I turned around and Jungkook just looked at me,

   “This place is the place where Taehyeon's life change” I told him,

   “What? I don't understand..” he asked me and I kept silenced. 

   "You mean when the man killed her family?" I nodded.

   ‘Our family died…’ I thought.

   Then Jungkook looked at me surprisingly, “How do you know? Are you possibly...her brother?” the other two looked at both of us. I didn't want to replied to that.

 

   Then a loud glass crashing rang in the hallway. I spun and ran to the source of the crash. I stood in front of a door and felt her in there. I opened the door and saw her kneeling on the floor, bleeding.

   I rushed to her and helped her to stand up, “Are you okay Taeyeon? Why are you here? We need to get out before he comes but first we need to aid you” I asked Taehyeon panickly but she isn't.

 

   She pulled her hand, which is bleeding, from mine’s and make my body face her body, “No need to panic. I’m okay Taeyun and I’m here because I-”she then saw the others behind me,

   “I’ll explain to you later. The man is now overseas and there’s no guard here. This is a small cut so don’t worry” she looked at me at the eyes. She placed her palm on her cut and it heals. The three members who were at the door couldn’t believe their eyes, me and Taehyeon looked at them. 

   "Let's go"

 

***

 

   “Okay, okay, so you’re telling us that you and Taehyeon are siblings that the rest of the family got killed by this ‘man’ because he want your powers which you two possess but you escaped and parted. Jungkook here already know Taehyeon’s ‘ability’ but doesn’t know that you are her brother”

   Suga hyung summarize everything he heard in the last 5 minutes of me and Taehyeon explaining. We were walking back to the dorm by feet,

   “You know J-Hope, we just wasted 4 minutes and 34 seconds explaining to them even though they won’t remember anything later” Taehyeon said to me and I hummed in response. Jin hyung texted the other members using my phone since three of them left theirs at the dorm.

 

   We arrived at our dorm, and as soon as we entered the code and entered the place, the other members that was left in the dorm, kept asking both me and my sister if we are okay. I told the all of them to stop.

 

   “I think I should do it now” I told Taehyeon.

   “Yeah, before we waste more time explaining too them…” she looked at the boys, “We’re sorry boys”

   I took a deep breath and casted a spell on 6 of them, making all of them lying on the floor, unconscious.

   “Come on, I’ll help you carry them” she started to carry and helped me carried each of the members to their beds. After we finished, I invited Taehyeon to stay a bit longer and she just went along.

 

No one’s view

   J-Hope and Taehyeon was in the living room, drinking some coffee that J-Hope prepared. They just sat in silence until J-Hope breaks the silence, “So why were you in that place?” Taehyeon looked at him,

   “I received another power again…foreseeing the future. As you know, the condition on having this power is too always following the future we saw and never tell anyone about it”.

   “Same as father’s I see…when did you have this power?” J-Hope asked.

   “2 days before the eclipse, before you guys went to Gwangju. My first foreseeing was me in the park, near the school, alone, after Jungkook told me that he won’t go to school because you guys going to Gwangju” she took a sip from her cup.

   “How many did you have it till now?”

   “6. Some related to you guys and some are useless dreams”

 

   Taehyeon suddenly remembered something and rummaged her bag. She took out a box and gave it to J-Hope.

   "What is this?"

   "Open it"

   He opened it and saw a beautiful stone necklace inside, “I just remembered few days ago, that long time ago, dad told me to take this box and another one from home. Then he ordered me to give each box to both of us when we 'escaped;. That time I have no idea what he was talking about ‘escaped', I guess he had a dream that we are the only one who survived” Taehyeon smiled sadly,

   “About the boxes, there was a hairpin and a necklace with the same stone. I decided to pick the hairpin rather than you wearing a hairpin” she laughed and continued, “and if you touch the stone with your pinky finger, both stone will glow. It might be useful if we’re away”

   J-Hope processed all the information and wore the necklace, “It’s beautiful, but I won’t be wearing it often cause of the stylist noona” J-hope laughed while playing with the necklace.

   “Can I see yours?” J-Hope looked at her. Taehyeon moved her hair, revealing the hairpin that was hidden under her hair strands; she took it out and gave it to him.

   He aspect the pin and wore it, “Doesn’t it look pretty on me?” he jokingly posed silly poses and she just laughed at his silliness. She snatched the pin and wore it back in its original place.

   “I heard from mom that dad kept thousands kinds of these powerful stones. Dad probably made it into accessories”.

 

***

 

   They were watching randomly at the television when J-Hope suddenly popped a question, “You know Junghyeon, I’m curious about one thing”

   Taehyeon moved her gaze from the television to him, “Tell me what you’re curious about. Maybe I can help”

   “I know that you and Jungkook are very close friends’ but-” J-Hope looked at her “I’m just wondering…do you…might…probably…like him?”

   “What do you mean?” she tilted her head.

   This time J-Hope looked at her eyes seriously, “You, Jung Taehyeon, do you like Jeon Jungkook? Or in particular, love him more than friends in a romantically affection?”

Taehyeon froze there in silence.