001: Introduction

Revenge or Love? [DISCONTINUED]

Jungkook’s view

   School. Place where there are no schedules for me, but there are fans. Fans EVERYWHERE! Well, not that I mind but can this boy have privacy for an hour? Considering I’m an idol, there’s no escape for that. Yes, an idol. I am known as Jungkook , the youngest from BTS. I debuted last year with ‘No More Dream’ and I was told to continue study. All the other members probably practicing, sleeping or doing other stuffs while I’m stuck in there trying to run away from fans and memorizing stuffs for the stupid test that teacher gave us.

 

   Yes, I ran away from the annoying fans (but I still love them) and I was in an empty hallway where no other human beings were there. I sighed of relief while resting beside the wall.

   'The fans probably lost track of me, hah'

  It was like a daily routine for me. I walked through the quiet hallway and suddenly I heard some people running. I panicked but the next thing I remembered, I was in a girl embrace with her behind my back and felt my body getting lighter.

 

    Then three men ran passed us as if we’re not there. After the three men were out of sight, the girl let go of me and I felt back to ‘normal’ and cold.

   “W-what did you do and who are you? Are you one of the fans?” I asked the girl, not knowing why I stuttered maybe because I was shocked. The girl glared at me and I thought I saw her eyes changed color to dark brown.

   “I’m sorry but I was in a rush. Thank you for letting me hold you, I can’t do it without embracing someone and sorry” she stood up.

   “It what?” I asked her again.

   Before she can reply, a voice was heard.

   “Damn, can they just leave me alone? All of this just because of one thing” she said, ruffling her hair and she took off.

   “Well, at least let me know your name” I shouted at her and she stopped, looking back. Then I heard a voice in my head ‘Jung Taehyeon’ and she ran off in a blink of an eye.

 

***

 

   “Hyung, hyung! Something weird happened to me today”

   I arrived back at the dorm and all of them were watching the tv except for Jin hyung who was doing the dishes in the kitchen.

   “Your friend got kick out of school?”

   “You got a new teacher?”

   “You had a crush?”

   “You at maths?”

   “There’s no fans chasing you?”

   “Suga hyung, fans chasing me is still normal, I escaped. Anyway, that’s not what I’m going to tell you-" I took a deep breath "I've met someone” 

 

   After a second later, all eyes were on me, even Jin hyung who were in the kitchen, “You sure that ‘someone’ is someone not a fan?” Taehyung hyung asked and I shook my head.

   “My baby boy is growing up” J-Hope hyung wiped his invisible tear and I rolled my eyes.

   “Don’t be too dramatic hyung” I placed my stuffs beside the shelf and sat on the floor.

   “Tell us the whole story” Jimin squealed, like seriously, stop being a baby.

   “Hey, don’t start without me” Jin comes over and sat beside me.

   “You’re just slow” 

   “I’m not slow” Jin replied to Jimin statement.

   “Okey shut up or this will last forever and Jungkook won’t tell us his story” Namjoon hyung stopped them just before they start the long quarrel and I gladly thanked him.

 

   So I told them my story from the beginning from end except about her name which I’m afraid to tell them because I’m sure they think I’m crazy and I told them that she wasn’t a fan. “I’m pretty sure she also didn’t know my name or know me. And she’s from my school”.

   “Maybe she’s faking not knowing you. You know, fans always try finding a way to be close to their idols”

   “Yeah, she even hugged you”

   “But hyung I felt ‘different’ when she 'hugged' me. As if I as floating” I told them who’s still believing she’s a fan.

   “Different? Floating? Maybe you’re just tired. You need to rest, I’ll tell manager hyung that you need some rest” Namjoon hyung told me and the other gave a pat on my shoulder and left to practice studio.

   “But…but” I looked at them in disbelief but they just left and I sighed.

   “They just don’t believe me. Maybe I’ll meet her tomorrow. Remember, Jung Taehyeon. Hah, her name is like J-Hope hyung and Taehyung hyung name together” I ruffled my hair in distress and change to normal clothes.

    “Now what shall I do now that hyung’s not home?”

 

***

 

   The next day, I woke up early than usual, earlier than the hyung who practiced all night to go to school. I took a morning walk around the place. I wore a hood over my head so fans won’t notice me plus it’s early in the morning. I stopped at a park and saw some elders jogging or strolling in the park.

 

   I sat at a bench and listened some music to pass the time. Few minutes later, I felt a tap at my shoulder,

   “Excuse me sir, is this yours?” It was the same girl I met the day before! Taehyeon, was holding a bracelet that looks like mine and I looked at my wrist, only saw one of my accessory absent.

   “Oh, thank you. Aren’t you the girl yesterday?” I asked her and she looked confused.

   “Excuse me?" she dazed off a bit, "The boy in the hallway?” she pointed at me and I nodded.

   “Oh...you looked different. Sorry about yesterday, I really didn’t mean it” she bowed but I stopped her.

   “No, its okey maybe I look different cause I was tired. So your name is Taehyeon? How old are you?” I noticed her wearing the same uniform as mine.

   “I already told you my name, yeah, Taehyeon. I’m 97-liner” she told him.

   “What’s your name? or you rather to be call you?”

   “Oh, sorry. My name is Jungkook and the same age as you”

   “I think I heard that name in the school or there’s too many Jungkook in the school” she said and I notice that she’s still standing in front of me. I shifted my place to make more room and assisted her to sit down.

   “No thanks, I need to go to school and probably you too. Class starts in 30 minutes”  I looked at my watch and she was right.

   She walked away and I wanted to walk to school with her but I thought it was better if I let her alone.

   “See you at school!” I shouted at her.

   She looked back and I waved at her and she smirked, ‘See you too later. Meet at the same hallway we met’ I heard Taehyeon's voice in my head and she was lost from my sight.

   “How did she do that or is it me?” I scratched my head and went to school.

 

***

 

   It was break time, and you know what time is it.

   'Fan chasing time'

   I wonder what happen to our normal fans which are sane, calm yet supportive last year. I quickly packed my things and went out the class trying to go through the fans. I wish the teachers won’t mind this but I’m sure some teachers felt apologetic to me, they better be, plus I attend in a local school, which are not quite famous and no famous idols attended here but lot of students study here than the average school.

   After putting some things in my locker, I took a deep breath and dashed through the fans and they followed me. Since I’m a bit faster, I outran them and soon arrived at the hallway.

   Then I saw her leaning on the wall, dazing out. “Taehyeon-nie!” I shouted.

 

No one’s view

   Jungkook walked towards Taehyeon.

   “Oh, what took you so long? There’s 15 minutes before break ends. And who gives you permission to call me that” she crossed her arm and Jungkook just smiled nervously,

   “Sorry, the fans was chasing me an-“ 

   “Fans? So you’re popular in this school? Then-” She bowed down; again he stopped her from doing so.

   “No no, I’m just popular cause I’m an idol”

   “Sorry again, I just moved in. So you’re an idol? That’s why I heard you’re name in every girls useless chatting” Taehyeon rolled her eyes.Somehow I found that's cute.

   “So you’re new? Wait! Before I asked more, let’s find a place to sit down first. Follow me.” Jungkook grabbed her wrist and pulled her.

 

   They soon arrives at a deserted garden where the flowers bloom only in spring and wither in autumn. They sat at a bench and they continued their conversation.

   “Yes I’m new, I moved in two days ago. Oh how old are you?"

   “I'm the same age as you. I'm from the group 'Bulletproof Boyscout" or BTS for short"

   "Weird group name"

   "Yeah. The whole group was embarassed to say the name during the days, but now, we're pretty adapted to it" Jungkook admitted.

   "So what’s your birthdate so I know who’s older?” Jungkook asked.

   “ 30th October 1997 but I think you’re older, right?” she asked and he nodded.

   “Regarding for yesterday, what did you did to me when you hugged me? Why the men chased you? How did you told me without talking to me yesterday and earlier about your name and the message?” Jungkook asked her and Taehyeon started to panicked a little but he didn’t notice it. Just before she answer him, the bell rang, making Taehyeon sighed in relief.

 

   “Looks like it’s time for classes. Hope your fans won’t disturb you” Taehyeon walked away, and yet again, stopped by Jungkook.

   “Hey, at least we can exchange numbers” she turned around and asked him,

   “Numbers? If you mean phones number, sorry I don’t have one” she looked down as an apology, but Jungkook patted her head,

   “Well, we can meet tomorrow in the park like earlier. And nice knowing you”

   “Sure, 6am, I’ll wait at the same bench. Goodbye” she bowed and walked away.

 

Jungkook’s view

   Later that day, I was quite cheerful than usual, even the hyungs noticed it.

   “Jungkookie, are you on a crack or something?” Jimin hyung asked me after dance practice but I shook my head,

   “Nothing, I just felt like it”

   “Did you meet the girl yesterday? Is our Kookie falling in love?” Namjoon hyung gave me a sting-eye but I almost choked on my water, like literally.

   “What?" I said in disbelief "No...Well, I did meet the girl. But I’m not falling in love.” I waved both my hands.

   “Really?"

   "So what’s her name?"

   "Does she know us?"

   "Is she pretty?”

 

   Soon, I was flooded by questions from my hyungs,

   “Okey, okey. Let me breathe. Firstly, why do all of you care about her? You told me she was a ‘fan’ although she’s not and didn’t care about her” I told them and all of them just laughed nervously.

   “We don’t know. We thought you’re cheerful today because of her. Maybe she’s special” V hyung said. They agreed and I just sighed. Then the dance instructor came back and we went back to practice.

 

***

 

   I woke up at the usual time and went out to the park wearing the same attires as yesterday. I saw her leaning at a tree dazing out again like in the hallway, and sometimes I wonder what she thinking about to make her dazed out like that.

   I greeted her, she smiled softly and somehow, my heart felt like flipping. “You’re 5 minutes early. Well that’s good.” She looked at her watch.

   “How long did you waited?” I asked her.

   “I came here most of the time at 5.30am to relax” We walked to a bench and sat there.

 

   “So did you search for us? I mean BTS”

   “Yeah, so your older, but only for 1 months. Also, I read someone’s name almost similar to mine. Taehyung I think.” Taehyeon tapped her chin trying to remember.

   “Yeah, I also thought of that too. I told my members about our meeting two days ago to my members but they thought you're one of our fans” I explain to her and she nodded understanding the situation.

   “Of course they thought about that but I just saw you in the hallway and grabbed you to hide from the men” she rolled her eyes and I asked her the question from the previous day but she refused to answer.

   “You were hugging me and back facing them but they looked like they didn’t saw us. Did you did something to me after you hold me? Who are those guys?”

  “About the first question, I can’t answer but about the men, I can. The men were chasing me to take something from me” she told me and I nodded in respond.

   “How about you sending massages without talking? Do you have powers or something?” I saw Taehyeon froze at the word ‘power’ but she managed to answer me, “That includes the first question, Jungkook-sshi”

 

   “Jungkook-sshi sounds too formal, call me oppa, Jungkook oppa” I said and she thought for a while.

   “Sure Jungkook…oppa but I like Jungkook more” she stated.

   “Okey, then I’ll call you…” I thought for a while, “Bunny”.

   “Bunny? Why? Why not Taehyeon?” she asked, I thought it was cute when she looked confused, 

   ‘What wrong with you Jungkook? You’re not falling for a girl, aren’t you?’ I thought for a second.

   “Yeah, I want to give you a nickname. You look cute and bunnies look cute” I somehow blushed at my own words,

   “T-thank you, I never been praised about my looks plus Bunny seems reasonable.” Taehyeon blushed and I blushed too.

   “But I call you Taehyeon-nie if you’re awkward with the nickname” I told her and she just nodded.

 

   We sat there, not talking since we have no attention to talk. Then Taehyeon spoke up, 

   “Also, sorry when I glared at you when we first met. I’m kinda mean when meeting with strangers” she bowed with her head and again I stopped her,

   “You gotta stop bowing and saying ‘Thank You’ and ‘Sorry’ to me" I smiled, "We’re now friends or best friends cause I kinda don’t have any friends now”

   I scratched my head and she shook her head, “How lonely of you but you have your members and fan. I also don’t have any friends and I think no one bother to be with me since I’m mean to them and they thought I was rude. So as a result, no friends. I don’t know kids these days” she smiled.

 

   It was already 30 minutes since we chatted and the streets are getting filled.

   “Meet you at the garden? But I’ll be 15 minutes late so eat first” we stood up and she nodded,

   “Sure, but do you even eat in school?” she asked and I shook my head.

   “Anyway, I’ll go first, see you later” she waved and I was waiting for her to say ‘Jungkook oppa’ but it didn’t came so I just waved at her.

   ‘Jungkook oppa’ her voice rang in my head. I wondered how she did that.

 

***

 

   The same routine went at break time and we met at the garden.

   “This place is where I went ever after I debut and enrolled in this school. I wonder why this place is deserted because it’s beautiful” I told her while taking a bite from the sandwiches Bunny bought and shared with me.

   “Maybe they felt awkward with no one around them. You know, teens this days” she replied,

   "So you're saying not one of them?"

   "Not really"

 

   As time flies, I felt contented being with her. I wish it never end. Being with Bunny make me feel like I was with the members, safe and loved. We became closer and the day went by.

 

   “Tomorrow, we will hold a fansigning near this area. Can you come?” I asked her the next day.

   “This Saturday? Sure but what should I do? I’ve never been in a fansigning event” we were sitting in the garden, sharing the food she bought again.

   I gave her some money, a ticket and a paper, “First you need to buy our latest album, 'Skool Luv Affair'. Ask the cashier for that album and she will give you a paper where you should fill in, but I already gave you the ticket already" I pointed at the ticket that I asked from manager hyung.

   "Tomorrow, go to the fansigning location which is in the note here. Make sure to arrive early. Then wait in the line and wait for your turn.” I explained the steps.

   “So what should I do after facing your members? Do they know me? Like how I look or my name?” she asked facing me.

   “Well, first tell them your name, don’t worry, they still don’t know your name. Then have some nice conversation with them. Lastly high five them and move to the next member, but don’t tell them about our relationship, the fans might hear you” I continued.

   “Talk about anything? Okey”

   "Also bring a notebook so just in case I want to talk to you without other listening. You can also give gifts to them and me" I winked at her, hinting her buy me one.

***

No one’s view

   After school, Taehyeon went to the nearest music shop and went in.

   “Hello, where is BTS' 'Skool Luv Affair' album?” she asked the cashier. The cashier told her where she can find it and she thanked her. She found the album and went to pay the album.

 

   After paying the album, Taehyeon went off to find some things for the BTS members. For Rap Monster, she bought a duck teddy bear. Then a black and gold colored snapback for Suga, a blue hairpin for Jin, a coffee mug for J-Hope, a lion shaped bubble container for V, a teddy bear for Jimin and lastly Jungkook.

    Taehyeon thought something different for him, a friendship necklace for both of them. The necklace pendant is a semi-circle that has a magnet at the end, so if you bring both necklaces together, it will attract. Her was covered with pink diamond while Jungkook’s was blue. Lastly she bought some clothes for herself that is a light blue blouse and a skinny jean since she was low on clothes. She also didn’t forget to buy a small note pad as Jungkook requested and some color papers and envelopes.

 

***

 

   The next day was the day of the fansign and Taehyeon felt a little nervous, probably because she never attended one. She wore the clothes she bought yesterday, gathering all the gifts in a paper bag along the album. The fansigning starts at 5pm so she went off at 1pm. When she arrived there, there were already fans in the venue and she became more nervous.

   “Hello miss, are you joining the fansigning or just watch?” a staff asked her nicely although Taehyeon knew that she’s disgusted and tired of the fans here which includes her.

   “Oh yeah, I’m joining” Taehyeon answered and showed her, her ticket.

   The staff gave her a number and the staff told her she can go eat some lunch and come back before 3pm. Taehyeon lightly bowed at her and thanks her and the staff went off. Taehyeon went inside the nearest coffee shop and ordered her favorite drink. She started to write a short letter for each member and a long one for her best friend.

 

   She finished writing and arrives at the fansigning venue. The venue was already filled with fans, around 3.15pm the staff started to arrange the fans according to the numbers and they waited for the boys to arrive.

   The boys arrives at 4.45pm and as usual the greeted the fans and saying they’re happy to be here, although Taehyeon know they were actually tired from their previous recording.  Jungkook saw her and smiled at her and waved to her but then gave the waves to the other fans. She smiled at him and soon her voice rang in his head, 

   ‘Lot of fans I see, and I might be one of them’, and he smiled at her. Then the signing event started and she waited for her turn. When she was next, she kneeled down and passed the album to the member.

 

   First was Rap Monster. She flipped the pages to his page and gave it to him. “Hello” Rap Mon greeted and greeted back.

   “To Jung Taehyeon? Sound like V’s name” Rap Mon said and she nodded,

   “Yeah my bestfriend who know BTS said that too”

   “Is she here?” he asked,

   “My bestfriend is a boy and yeah he’s here of course” she smiled

   “Oh, but I don’t see any fanboys here?” he searched at the crowds. Then Taehyeon smiled at him and she highfived him, gave him his gift and letter which he accepted happily and moved to next person.

 

   Next was Jin. He greeted her and asked her name and his respond is the same as Rap Monster's. She just told him about her bestfriend which he replied

   “Well, thank him for being our fanboy” Taehyeon just giggled and Jin looked clueless as ever. Taehyeon gave him his gift and letter and highfived him and moved to the next person.

 

   J-Hope was next and she felt cold wind blew across her face. He then asked her name and he was surprised by her name.

   “Jung Taehyeon sounds familiar to me” he said sadly with a smile as he signed her album. Taehyeon seems to unable to read his mind, which was unusual to her. She gave him his gifts and letter and higfived him. The same thing repeats with Suga, Jimin and V. Soon lastly was Jungkook.

 

Jungkook’s view

   “So how are the members?” I asked her while signing the album.

   “All of their reaction when hearing my name was the same, like V’s name. I also told them that my boy bestfriend that know BTS says that too and they thank him for being their fanboy, which I eventually laughed at them. Cause that boy bestfriend was you” Taehyeon smiled.

   “Here’s the notebook and your letter and gift” she gave me the things and I opened the small velvet box. Inside, I saw a blue diamond semi-circle necklace.

   ‘It’s a friendship necklace’ she did 'the' thing again and respond on the notebook,

 

   ‘It’s beautiful. I’ll wear it tomorrow

 

   I passed the notebook and she read it. “You better be” she warned.

   “Don’t worry. Also this fan beside you here takes longer with V hyung. We can chat longer okey, Bunny?” I said and winked at her and I’m pretty sure she blushed.

 

So which attracts you the most?

 

   I wrote. “You, I think” she replied looking at her delicate finger and I told her other than me and she quickly scan one of them.

   “J-Hope probably” her turn was over and I highfived her and I took the notebook. Then I continued to do my thing to the fans.

 

   Then the event comes to an end and I send my last glance to Taehyeon and went inside to our van. The members started to chat,

   “Taehyung, there’s a fan earlier who has a similar name to you” Jimin hyung said to V hyung in the van

   “Yeah, Taehyeon I think, was her name” he responded.

   That name makes me, Jeon Jungkook, smile.

   “She’s the one that I remember the most” Namjoon hyung blurted out.

   “She’s pretty” Jin hyung continues

   "and kind” J-Hope hyung added.

   “Well, looks like she’s memorable to us all” Suga said and they agreed

   “I remembered she said that she had a bestfriend and it’s a boy. He’s a fan of us and she said he was there” Namjoon hyung told us the information and I just smiled and tried not to laugh.

   “But I didn’t saw any fanboy earlier” V hyung say.

   “Hey, Jungkook, why are you quiet and laughing silently, huh?” Jimin hyung slapped my chest and I responded with a ‘what’ look.

   “Hey, don’t you remember the fan name Taehyeon?” Suga asked me.

   ‘Of course I do, like seriously, she’s my bestfriend’ I just want to say that but I ended saying with a ‘yeah’ and I plugged my earphones and ignores my hyungs.

   “Maybe he’s tired” I heard Jin hyung said and all of them did their own things. While I just sat thinking about her and smiling to myself.