014: Closer To You

Revenge or Love? [DISCONTINUED]

No one's view

   "Want some cream or sugar on that?"

   They were longing in the kitchen after the abrupted sleep few minutes ago. Taehyeon gave a cup of freshly brewed coffee to Jungkook who was still in embarassed  mode. He tried to not think of anything about what happened few moments ago. Even when he though a tiny bit of it, his face flushed red. After all, that was his first 'not intended' kiss. 

   "No thank you" Jungkook shook his head. She gave him a shrug and proceed to make her own cup of tea. He took a sip after inhaling the bitter aroma of the dark coffee. He glanced over to Taehyeon when she sat across him with her drink. They drank in silence, Jungkook's not sure if it's either awkward or comforting, he's guessing none of that.

   "You should be in the studio in 45 minutes. You should go now if you want to arrive there in time. Or leave in 20 minutes by taxi" she informed Jungkook,

   "Can I stay here longer? I want to rest some more" he whined and pouted, trying to convinced her.

   "No. Jimin called me you have to...before that happened..." Taehyeon trailed off as she dunked her head down, swirling her cup.

 

Flashback

   Taehyeon woked up to see Jungkook in front of her, so close that she can feel his breath. It took few seconds before she realized what he was doing in front of her. She felt the soft skin on her lip as her eyes widened and she felt a small electric wave tingled through her body. Jungkook was almost the same as he felt everything was so sudden to feel it right.

   She was going to asked him what was he doing, but the ringing sound of her phone prevent her from doing so. Jungkook leaned back and broke the...kiss.

   'Hello Taehyeon! How's Jungkook doing?' It was Jimin. Taehyeon tried to calm her heartbeat before replying,

   "H-he's fine. That's why you call?"

   'Not actually. Our manager told me to call you to inform you that Jungkook must be in the studio before 2:15 and also...I think that's all' she could hear Jimin smily voice, if that's possible. She promised him and they hunged up. When Taehyeon put down her phone, she saw Jungkook sitting watching him fiddling with his fingers. Her lips twitched up a little.

   Jungkook was embarassed, a little. He had to ask himself why was he close to her in the first place. It was foolish his head said, but his heart didn't regret it. When the phone rang, he was this close to crash it into pieces. He heard her hung up her phone. She was looking his way, he thought as she felt her stare on his head.

   "Jimin called. You must go the studio around 2. Come on, I'll make something to wake you up" Taehyeon stood up and left the room before Jungkook could look up. At least he didn't saw her blush.

 

   "Okay then...can you walk with me?" Jungkook asked. Taehyeon thought for awhile and nodded. She stood up to get ready, followed by him. He walked to the living room and sat at one of the sofa. It was around evening as he look out the window that was in front of him. He spot something in the corner of the room, a living thing. Few seconds later, Taehyeon came out with a bag in hand and a pair of shoes, Jungkook's shoes to be exact. Jungkook shifted his gaze to her, completely forgetting the thing at the corner.

   "Come on" she signalled to him and walked to the front door. She slipped on her converse and dropped the shoes. Jungkook went beside her. He sat down to wear the fashion branded shoes that was sponsored during the photoshoot earlier, well he was still in the clothes that was sponsored when he came here anyway.

   While Taehyeon locked the door, Jungkook looked around the corridor. There were plenty of rooms in that one floor, but he haven't seen anyone coming out of it once. They walked to the elevator and pressed the button.

   "Are we going straight to the studio?" Jungkook asked,

   "Yes as I promised" Taehyeon replied. Jungkook glanced at her. Why was she so serious anyway? Is she mad? Jungkook thought, maybe it's about the kiss. Jungkook was going to ask her about it, but the elevator door opened and she walked out before he even open his mouth.

 

   As they were walking, Jungkook glanced over at Taehyeon every once in awhile. There were questions in his head to ask her. About the kiss, how well was her injuries after being hospitalized, who is Jaehyun, what she going to do after dropping him to the studio...Jungkook just didn't know which one to ask first. He took a sip on his chocolate bubbletea that they both bought earlier, which Taehyeon paid of course since he doesn't have a wallet to begin with.

   "So what do want to ask? You were arguing with it in your head for minutes now" Taehyeon smiled. Jungkook choked on his tea and Taehyeon helped to ease the pain.

   "Uhh...so you're not mad?" Jungkook coughed,

   "Why would I?" she raised an eyebrow

   "You know..." 'the kiss' he thought, hinting it to her. 

   "Why? Is it your first?" she teased and Jungkook turned red. Well, it was not his first though, the first one was on his second girlfriend in middle school, which was two years ago. That kiss though was very awkward to Jungkook, Taehyeon's kiss wasn't. It was sudden, but sweet to the touch, Jungkook like her's more.

   "I see it wasn't your first. Well, it was my first direct kiss" she admited and took her sip on her green tea bubbletea. Jungkook felt guilty for no reason, he never thought of her's first kiss. First kiss should be more memorable, or romantic in some way, instead the first thing she woke up to was a boy stealing her first kiss.

   "I'm sorry...for being your first" Jungkook then didn't felt bad, he smiled. 'At least it wasn't that Jaehyun guy' he thought.

   Taehyeon rolled her eyes when she heard that statement without him noticing. She herself was somehow satisfied by the kiss, atleast it was someone she likes. She blushed as she imagined the kiss again. She wanted to feel those lips again on her's, not that she need to...it was a very nice feeling.

   

   The walk under the clear sky and warm wind was filled with them talking random things they saw along the way. Since BTS was not well known in South Korea, safe to say, there wasn't weird glances over Jungkook. Jungkook felt like it was a break for him from the idol stuffs, even it was short.

   Taehyeon in the other hand, began to open up to Jungkook. Not that she was before, but she began to accept Jungkook in herself, as she was never that 'opened up' before, except to J-Hope, that was another story. J-Hope, or Taeyun Taehyeon prefered, was by her side when she was young until she was left alone in the forest few years ago. When he left her, she hid herself from the world and tried to keep low, promised to never let others know her deeply as she tried to complete her task. A revengence task.

 

   After walking for 40 minutes, they finally arrived at the studio. Jungkook scanned his thumb to unlock the building's door and told her to come inside. It was Taehyeon first time going through the front entrance so everything looks new to her. Jungkook bowed and greeted the staffs there, followed by Taehyeon who just bowed.

   The staffs that time were more friendly than the one when she came there for the first time. They went inside the elevator and went to the studio floor. Inside was another staff who was carelessly looking at her phone. Jungkook greeted her and Taehyeon followed. She nodded but as soon her gaze meet with Taehyeon's, she smiled.

   "I never seen her here before. Who is she Jungkook?" she asked Jungkook who looked nervous. Taehyeon looked at the woman, she was wearing a loose T-shirt and jogging trousers, she looked like she just took a break from practicing. She probably was.

   "Ahh...She's my friend" Jungkook answered.

   "What's her name?"

   "My name is Taehyeon. Jung Taehyeon" Taehyeon answered her, forgetting she have alternate names that she should be using. The woman smiled as she looked at Taehyeon rather closely. "And your name is?"

   "Oh my, forgive me. I'm Seo Girin, one of the female choreographers in Big Hit. I bet Jungkook here also doesn't know my name" she lend out her hand for a shake and Taehyeon accepted it, "You know, you looked like you have talents in you"

   "Owh...I'm not that idol like. I'm sorry" Taehyeon looked flustured. Jungkook at the side cracked a smile. Thoughts of his Bunny training in the same company as him means more opportunity to see her.

   "Come on, at least try once" Girin smiled. The elevator door dinged, signalling that they reached Girin's floor. She stepped out and turned around, "Hope we can meet next time"

 

   The door closed and Taehyeon sighed. Now Jungkook and her were alone in the small room. Jungkook finally can smiled and laughed at her. Taehyeon smacked him on the back for laughing,

   "I ain't meeting her to audition!" she pouted. Jungkook just ruffled her hair. They finally reached their floor and stepped out. Jungkook lead Taehyeon to the Bangtan Room where he's taking some of his stuffs. She looked around the little cramped room filled with things of their interest. Albums, posters, figurine, toys and some fangifts scattered around. There were also some monitors, mics and a sofa near the walls. 

   Jungkook looked for his bag. He found it by the shelf and hang it on his shoulders. They then went back to the elevator to the floor that have the practices room. Walking through the wall where soft beat of music played in, they kept silent. Taehyeon would look around and see through the glass door where trainees dance their heart out while under the gazes of their teachers. 

 

   Suddenly a door opened loudly behind them, making them jump in shock. They turned around to see Girin again, smiling. She walked to them and gave Taehyeon a quick hug,

   "Seems like we meet earlier than expected" she said and gave a soft pat on her shoulder.

   "Ah yes...around twe-"

   "Girin! What are you doing?!" someone suddenly cutted Taehyeon. A girl looked out from the room where Girin came out. All three of them looked at her. Taehyeon locked eyes with her and froze.

   "Jaejin-ah! Here's the girl I told you before" Girin showed her to Jaejin. Jaejin didn't broke their gazes until they shook hands. Taehyeon still felt strange feeling to Jaejin, Jaejin felt that too, especially now she finally see the one who bears the name.

Flashback

   "Jaejin-ah!"

   Girin opened the door to the room where a girl had been rechecking the new chereo she had worked for. The girl turned off the blasting music so she could hear her friend talking.

   "What's wrong?" she asked as Girin walked to her smiling, not that it is unusual.

   "I think I met another trainee that is compatible to be a dancer!" she said excitedly, holding Jaejin arms together.

   "That what you said about Minha. She was just average" Jaejin rolled her eyes, "I don't know about this one" she narrowed her gazes on her friend.

   "I'm sure of it, her body said it" Girin has a 'special ability' to guess what a person can do by their body. Jaejin thought it was ridiculous at first, but she was 70% right on her guesses. So she might be right on this one. 

   "What's her name and age?" she opened her bottle cap and took a gulp,

   "Not sure about the age though but her name is Jung Taehyeon" Jaejin choked on her water. Girin patted her back in panic. She asked what's wrong but Jaejin just shook her head, saying it was nothing. Deep in her mind, something snapped when she heard the name, a name of her far distant memory. She couldn't bring herself to confirm it, maybe it was just a random coincedence. 

   But there were no such things as coincedence, only inevitability.

 

    "Hello. I'm Jaejin" she introduced, expecting for her to click, but she didn't. Taehyeon smiled and introduced herself too. Then Jungkook told her they need to get going.

   "Goodbye, good knowing you" Taehyeon bowed and went off with Jungkook.

   Jaejin looked their silhouette walk away. Her tears was about to fall, but she held it in. So she isn't her, she thought. Girin called her and waited her back to the practice room. She felt a tug in her heart, but she let it be.

 

   "Are you okay?" Jungkook asked Taehyeon who has her eyes looking to unknown distant. Taehyeon flinched and nodded, but stopped halfway, not sure if she was. Jungkook asked her what's wrong,

   "I felt something around her, Jaejin. I don't know..." Taehyeon looked down. She touched the side of her hair, where the pin was hidden below the hairs. She swore she felt something from the pin.

   "Does your head hurts?" he asked worringly, Taehyeon shook her head, saying it was fine. They reached the room where Jungkook suppose to be. Since Taehyeon wished to not see more people, because she simply don't, Jungkook said goodbye to her.

   Before she walk away, Jungkook leaned towards her and wrapped his arm around her thin body. Taehyeon was shocked, unable to speak or do anything. His touch around were warm to her. She began falling in his warm embrace, but it was no longer there. Instead something soft pressed on her cheeks.

   She turned around and saw the door shut tight. She touched her cheeks, asking herself if it was real or simply her imagination. She smiled anyway, her cheeks slowly turning red. 

   Jungkook let out the air he had held in and leaned back on the door. He repeatedly smacked his temple, repeating how stupid of him doing such a bold move. Then he realized someone was in the room, so he stopped and looked up. Jin was standing there, judging him.

   "You okey Jungkook?" he asked while eyeing him. His face flushed red in embarassment. He cleared his throat and tried to keep a straight face. He ignored his hyung and went to one of the room to change his clothes. Never Jungkook thought he would that to Taehyeon, but he did.

 

***

 

   Taehyeon decided to go to school the next day. She missed so much lessons, she couldn't bear to missed another one. While walking through the peaceful morning, her mind couldn't stop thinking about what happened the day before. Too much things happened that day. Her head began to hurt just thinking about it.

   "Boh!" Taehyeon yelp softly as a voice surprised her from behind, interupted her thought. She looked back and Jaehyun was smiling at her. 

   "Wanna walk together to school?" Jaehyun went beside her,

   "Aren't we are now?" She raised her eyebrows. She thought, maybe having someone beside her could distract her from her mind, at least.

   "Oh yeah...So what happened yesterday? You looked worried after the call" he asked,

   "Oh that..." Taehyeon didn't know if she should lie or not, "My friend just shocked me with false alarm. Nothing much"

   Jaehyun just nod and let the surrounding take over him. Taehyeon just went along with him with his nonsense blabbering. Once they walk inside the school, Jaehyun just followed Taehyeon to her class. She thought it was weird, but then again, his class might be in the same direction as her's.

 

   "What class are you in?" Taehyeon asked Jaehyun who was sticking beside her rather close, she knew why. Girls around the corridor had their eyes at their direction, specifically the poor boy behind her. She glanced back at him, repeating her question again to catch teh boy attention.

    "I don't want to tell you" he responded,

    "Then why are you following me?" she whispered,

   "I'm not comfortable yet in this school. I was suppose to go to the teacher's room to take somethings right now...just let me follow you to your class then I'll go to my own way" he grabbed the sleeve on her jacket and followed her. She just sighed and let him be.  They arrived at her class but Jaehyun was still shaking like a leaf.

   "Could you let go of me now?" Taehyeon let out an annoyed tone,

   "B-but..."

   "Where's your friend?"

   "He's late" Taehyeon sighed,

   "Jaehyun...what's are you nervous about? You should give a good impression in this school" Taehyeon placed her hands on his cheeks, bring his face up, "So stand straight and keep your head high, but not too high. Now go meet your teacher because people are watching us" 

   She patted his left cheek twice and went inside. When she was out of sight, Jaehyun quickly left the scene. Taehyeon sat at her place and her head went straight to the table. She was no near to being tired nor sleepy, but her mind was. It was too sudden. The pain began to crawl into her head.

   She heard the teacher voice, but her head was hurting too much that she decided to just use her power, but the second she summoned it, her head was throbbing hardly. She groaned as she stood on her two feets. The whole class greeted their teacher, but Taehyeon just mumbled the words as she held to urge to hold her head.

   When they finally can sit, she slammed her head to her palms supported by her elbows. The teacher began her roll call. When her name was called, she was surprised as a voice answered it for her out of nowhere. She  looked around and no one said it as the teacher continued the calls. 

   'I didn't said it...but I'm sure the voice was mine' Taehyeon touched , hesistating if it was her or another thing did. Her head shot up along with her classmate when the teacher's voice suddenly raised up to get their attention.

   "Today we have two students joining this class. Some of you probably know that thay arrived in this school this Monday, but because of some problems, thay were delayed. So please come in both of you"

 

   A male student and a female student came in the class, but only the girls squealed and whispered to their friends when they laid their eyes on the male, including Taehyeon without the first part. Her face shows no expressions but inside, she was surprised. Jaehyun was the male student.

   'I thought he already...that boy' she made a mental note to herself that Jaehyun need to explain all of this.

   Putting Jaehyun aside, she looked at the nervous girl beside him. She had her gaze stucked to the floor, as if she was avoiding the other students. She did looked up, but she went back after a split second later.

   

   "You two can sit at one of the seat available at the back, you can choose which you want" the teacher clapped and pointed at three available table. They bowed at the teacher and walked to the back, but they halted as a student called out,

   "Shouldn't they introduce themself first in front of whole class?"

   "You can talk to them personally during break, but we need to start our lesson right now, the exam date is getting nearer. Okay Dongmin?" the teacher replied and the boy didn't ask more. The teacher proceed to order the class to take out their Biology book.

   Taehyeon kept a close eye on Jaehyun as he choose the seat nearest to her's. She raised and eyebrow at him as he just smiled while blinking his eyes multiple times. She rolled her eyes and shifted her attention to the teacher. Her headache was a bit better, but there were still a hint a pain on her temple. She tried to focus at the lesson while trying to figure out what the hell the teacher was talking about.

 

   Midway through the lesson, she felt someone else struggling as much as her. She looked back and saw the new female student had her eyebrows knitted in confussion. Taehyeon tried to read her mind, but the pain from previous came, so she decided to ignore her.

 


I noticed I got a LOAD new lovelies reading this story. WELCOME !!! Comment below about your opinion on this story, anything I can improve? anything you want me to add(although depends on the storyline)? Or comment random stuff you want to talk about with me and be friends~Don't worry I don't bite ^^

That's all the update I can give to you. Currently I'm writing an oneshot for a contest, maybe you can check it out when it's done? I don't know ^~^  HAVE A NICE DAY AND FAREWELL~~~~~