011: Regret

Revenge or Love? [DISCONTINUED]

No one's view

   “Please stay outside, sir”

   The nurse holds the already scared Jaehyun behind. Jaehyun was at the nearest hospital while Taehyeon inside the operation room, being treated. Jaehyun kept asking the nurse if she’s alright, but not given any answers from her. So he finally gave up and slumped at the near seat. He remembered the scene happened earlier.

 

Flashback

    After both of them separated earlier, Jaehyun felt something bad is going to happen to Taehyeon, so he followed her. He saw her walking and then running all of the sudden. Jaehyun couldn’t catch up, but he saw people in black following her from behind to a narrow place.

 

   He stopped for a moment to catch his breath, for a few minutes. He continued running, trying to guess where she might run. He heard some noises nearby, so he decided to go there. When he arrived at the scene, he never imagined such scene.

   “Taehyeon!” Jaehyun yelled after seeing Taehyeon on the ground, helpless. As soon the men noticed his presence, they fled leaving Taehyeon on the ground unconscious.

 

   He was in shocked for a moment, but he went to her side. He carried her and brought her out the place, calling for help. A man kindly called the ambulance and minutes later, the ambulance arrived. But Taehyeon head was bleeding out a lot of blood from the hit she received.

 

 

   He didn’t notice that his phone was ringing after being ignored several times. He finally took notice of his phone, and he picked it up.

   “WHY ARE YOU NOT PICKING UP AFTER THE NTH TIME I CALLED YOU!?” the other line suddenly burst out and Jaehyun had to reply because he know how scary her sister can be,

   “I’m sorry noona, there’s an emergency now. I’ll be back home later. You can order some food, I’ll eat later by myself, but right now, I have no time to talk, I’ll explain later. Bye” Jaehyun talked so fast and ended the call, without letting her to say a word.

 

   The doctor came out from the room after half an hour, Jaehyun rushed toward him.

   “Are you one of her relatives?” the doctor asked the boy,

   “No, I’m one of her close friend. How is she? Is it bad?” Jaehyun asked the doctor and the doctor told him to follow him to his office.

 

   “She lost a lot of blood but luckily, we made it on time. She also has some minor injury on her head, making her to lost conscious for awhile. She may wake up in 2-3 days, depends on the situation” the doctor named Dr. Jung explained and Jaehyun tried to process it.

   “Her family isn’t available currently and she has school on Monday” he informed him.

   “She come here for sometimes, I have all her infos here. The hospital will send a notice letter to the school for her, don’t worry…” he then took out a paper from his drawer,

   “Or do you want to send it? You look like you can take care of it” Jaehyun glanced at the paper. He took it and told him that he’ll give it to her teacher.

 

***

 

   At that time, Jungkook was texting Taehyeon, but he saw that she haven’t read it,

   ‘What’s making her so busy?’

   The others too, in the ‘SURPRISE’ group, notice her absent. They keep typing their plan and prediction on the upcoming party, thinking that she’ll read the messages afterwards.

   ‘She did say she was busy’ One of them send in the group.

 

   Back in the hospital in room 412, Jaehyun was sitting beside Taehyeon’s bedside, watching her peacefully laying on the bed. Jaehyun never went to a hospital, so all of this was new to him.

   “I heard that when people in coma or deep sleep; they can listen to their surroundings. I’ll consider you can too” Jaehyun fixed her hair while taking a deep breath.

   “You probably feel bad right now because you’re making me worry, even we just known each other less than a week. I’m fine now, I was in midst of shock mix with worry, because I never experience all of this. Today, was the first time I spend the day with a friend that’s not ignorance to me like in the past. Today was my first time I showed my favourite place to someone beside my sister over-protecting me.." he smiled

   "Seeing felt bad situation and feelings and also my first time going to the hospital was terrifying. I was a kid, that always being protected by my sister from the bad things of the world. I don’t quite remember my past…But my sister was totally against me going out with you at first, but I pursued her that I will be alright"

   "In my previous school, I’ll be honest here...I have girls following my around. My sister didn’t know about this until she came into the school. I knew that she was mad inside and she was worried that I will get hurt from those girls, so she transfered me to another school. I wasn’t bother by it though, since I don’t even like the previous school. As you know, she’s working as a choreographer and she’s currently working for a company and trying to make some dance moves. She’s currently sick right now and she’s under pressure because she needs to teach the dancers too. Earlier, she called me and I’m quite worried about her…”

 

   Jaehyun remembered about her sick sister at home,

   “Maybe I should go home, I know if you’re awake, you’ll force me to go home” he stood up. He saw Taehyeon’s belongings and took out her phone and then he turned it off, not looking inside it.

   “I’ll come back tomorrow and get permission from my sister. Good night Noleun, I like that name more” he looked at her sadly and left the room.

 

***

 

   “She isn’t picking up!” Jungkook yelled in frustrated for the nth time while his hyung looked at him worriedly. They finished all their schedules and arrived back to Korea half an hour ago. They were resting after the flight. Jungkook continued calling and texting her, it was received but she didn’t read it and that makes him frustrated.

   “Calm down Jungkook, she must be busy. She’s not a person who always check her phone” J-Hope tried to calm the boy even when himself was worried, if something did happened to her sister.

 

   Jungkook kept trying, not caring his hyungs, which eventually fails. J-Hope decides to call Taehyeon once,

   ‘Maybe she’ll picks up to me’ 

   So he went outside and into the bathroom. He dialled her number and waited.

   “Sorry the number you call is unavai-“ J-Hope turned off the call. He tried to remember anyone who’s close to her. Then he remembered a boy that Taehyeon chatted few days ago, so he searched in his contacts. He saved every contact in her phone without her knowing. 

   ‘Found it’ he quickly called the number as soon he saw Jaehyun's name popped up.

 

***

 

   Jaehyun walk inside the apartment and looked around.

   “Noona, I’m home” Jaehyun’s voice echoes in the silence. After the click noise, a girl came out the room.

   “Noona…” he rushed to her and the girl look up. Suddenly Jaehyun received a light hit from the girl,

   “Where have you been young boy!?” the boy looked up with his puppy eyes,

   “Fine, but first, let’s eat dinner. I’m hungry” she walked pass him and into the kitchen. The boy went inside the kitchen to find her sister taking out the food from the microwave and placing it on the table,

   “Eat Jae” she sat her seat and ate as if she wasn’t mad.

   They ate in silence until the girl spoke up, “So explain” Jaehyun looked up 

   “Jaejin noona…”. Jaejin sighed,

   “Don’t worry, I won’t get mad unless it’s irrelevant”.

 

   So Jaehyun told to Jaejin everything except for Taehyeon’s real name and the men in black.

   “…So tomorrow, can I go visit her again?”

   Both of them already finished eating.

   “Okay, after school. Just text me when you arrive at the hospital and please, don’t get hurt. I’m sure Noleun’s going to be okay” she placed all the dishes in the sink

   “Can you wash the dishes tomorrow morning? I have to go 5am sharp to work” she went to her bedroom,

   “Goodnight Jae!” Jaejin shouted from her bedroom.

   “Noona always make me do the chores” Jaehyun sighed. Just before he went to the bathroom to brush his teeth, his phone rang.

 

   He picked it up, “Hello?...”

  “Are you Jaehyun-sshi? Friend of Tae- I mean Noleun?” the other line spoke.

   “Who are you?” Jaehyun asked

   “Umm…I’m her cousin…” J-Hope replied nervously,

   “Okey…yes I’m her friend. Why do you call me?”.

   “Noleun won’t answer her phone. Do you probably know why?” Jaehyun felt suspicious about the man on the other line,

   “She’s currently not the ‘mood’ to talk” J-Hope doesn’t have any idea what he’s talking about.

   “What do you mean? I don’t understand”

   J-hope sensed that something bad happened to her. “Before I give you more information, I didn’t catch your name” 

   ‘, think of a name Hoseok’ “Hyeojung” J-hope literally facepalmed himself for picking out a girl name.

 

   Jaehyun raised an eyebrow as he was sure that he is talking to a boy,“She’s currently in the hospital-”

   “What!?” J-Hope exclaimed but told him to continue,

   “Because she was injured. I bought her to the hospital. She’s currently in a ‘long sleep’, and the doctor said that she’ll be awake in 3 days and she will need some rest in the hospital for awhile”

   J-Hope can’t believe what he was hearing. He asked the boy nervously “Which hospital is she in?”,

   “Currently isn’t the time to visit, but you can visit tomorrow morning. She’s in Seoul Hospital” Jaehyun answered.

   ‘Can I come visit her tomorrow? Do I have time to do so?’

   “Thank you Jaehyun. I’ll call you tomorrow” J-Hope thanked Jaehyun,

   “No problem, you’re her cousin right? At least someone in her family knows” Jaehyun smiled even though he know that ‘Hyeojung’ can’t see it.

 

***

 

   BTS was in their waiting room, Jungkook finally took some rest after hours of non-sleep night, trying to text and call Taehyeon. J-Hope decided to sit beside him and took care of him. He patted Jungkook’s head softly,

   “Taehyeon’s currently resting and I don’t know why…I’ll check her later for you Jungkookie, okey? Just rest…”

   He kept his head softly, he checked his phone for the time ’13:32…I’ll ask how manager-nim permission’.

 

   “Bangtan, we’re up!”

   BTS’ manager called them and J-Hope woke up the maknae. After he pat his clothes, Jungkook checked his phone and as usual, no notification. He sighed and went with the other members, didn’t notice the member that was seating beside him few seconds ago.

   ‘Still not caring to me, huh Kookie?’ J-Hope stood up and followed behind while bowing to the other staffs.

 

***

 

   “Yes…okey…I’ll be back before sunset…okey…goodbye and don’t forget to place the food in the fridge...bye”

   Jaehyun was calling with his sister on the way to the hospital. He sighed and placed his phone in his pocket. He looked around and saw a couple with two children side by side, all of them are happily walking on the route,

   ‘I wonder how it’s like to have a father and mother. Must be fun…But I still like Jaejin noona…’ his thoughts went wonder around with other things he saw.

 

      Arriving at the hospital’s main entrance, Jaehyun went straight to room 412. He went inside and saw Taehyeon lying on the bed peacefully, unmoved since the day before. He sat beside her and just watched her peacefully. He saw her bag lying on the table. He suddenly had the urge to rummage her stuffs.

   So he grabbed her bag and opened it up.

   'Wallet, phone, some paper…’ he took out a sketch pad.

   He flipped it open and looked at every page. Each filled with beautiful drawings; every page was different, scenery, flowers, fruits, anime, body structures and an uncompleted drawing of a flower. If Jaehyun has to describe that drawing, it would be ‘a flower in the death world in between heaven and hell’.

 

   He placed back it in her bag and took out the papers that were slightly crumbled. He gently ‘uncrumbled’ it and it was the note Jungkook gave to Taehyeon awhile ago.

  ‘Joki? Never heard that before…’ he place it back, not bothered to open the rest.

   Just before he could unlock her phone, the door swung open to see a tall man a bit breathless. “So are you Hyeojung?”

 

***

 

   “Manager-hyung, are we done with our schedules?” J-Hope asked his manager.

   “After the winner announcement, then you’re consider free…why? Don’t tell me you need to go somewhere after this…” he gave him a ‘side eye’ look and the younger boy smiled with a mixture of giggles.

   “Okay, you may go after the ending of the show, but first tell my where are you going” J-Hope hugged his manager while adding a little bounce along.

 

 

   After the show ended, they arrived back to their dorm. J-Hope hopped out the van first and ran inside. He quickly changed his clothes and dashed out the room before any members could even reach the dorm.

   “What’s up with Hobie hyung?” Rap Monster asked the manager and the man just shrugged,

   “Don’t know, he didn’t tell me” he lied.

   “So you’re just going to let him go” the manager hummed.

 

***

 

   “So…how is she?” he asked the unfamiliar boy who was sitting beside his dear sister’s bed,

   “She’s been sleeping for a day already. The doctor just said she just have some minor injury and probably wake up in 2-3 days” Jaehyun placed Taehyeon’s bag back on the table.

   “So, are you her cousin Hyeojung-sshi?” Jaehyun broke the silence that was engulfing the room few minutes ago.

   “You can call me Hoseok hyung since you’re a close friend with my dear Taehyeon” 

   “I am considered as her cousin, far-relatives actually” Jaehyun nodded. “So are you two close?” Jaehyun looked up,

   “We’ve met few days ago actually. She told me she has another friend that she’s close with…” with that, Jaehyun stopped and wished that he was her closest friend.

   “Don’t give up. You know, she can be very stubborn and try to hide her pain, which she calls ‘feelings’ ” J-hope held her hand.

 

   Then a ringing sound filled the room. J-Hope glanced at the bag on the table.

   “Can I have her phone?” Jaehyun reached the bag and took out her phone and give it to J-Hope. He unlocked her phone

   ‘87 message and 103 missed call! Is Jungkook that worried?’ he didn’t answer the phone and the ringing stopped ringing.

   “Why didn’t you pick up?” Jaehyun asked him.

   “Then Taehyeon’s condition will be revealed. The one calling her is her bestfriend and I’m sure he is really worried about her” he replied while scrolling through her phone.

 

   “So tomorrow, are you going to visit her again?”

   “Hmm?” Jaehyun looked up and he repeated the question.

   “I think. I have the feeling that you can’t come right?” J-Hope gave him a surprised look,

   “I’ll text you if there’s any new info about her”

 

   J-Hope phone rang and he picked it up

   “Hello hyung”

   ‘are you still in there?’

   “Yeah, what’s up?” J-Hope asked after hearing his manager’s worried voice.

   He replied made J-Hope jolted up, “WHAT!?"

 

***

 

   A black van arrived and people spilled out. J-Hope was only able to watch while his manager called the nurses. There, he also saw s carrying a poor boy to the stroller.

   “What happened?” J-Hope asked them after they stopped outside the emergency room,

   “Jungkook overworked and didn’t have enough rest. He suddenly fainted when we walked to the practice room” Rap Monster explained.

 

   “What’s wrong?”

 

   All of them looked up in surprised to see Taehyeon standing beside Jaehyun.

   “What are you doing here? Jaehyun, bring her back to her room” J-Hope said in panic while pushing Taehyeon back.

   “Hoseok” Taehyeon quietly said sternly,

   “I think I know what happened”

   “You do?” J-Hope stopped and Taehyeon nodded.

   “I’ll leave but make sure Jungkook is okay and don’t let him know I’m here also, tell him not to worry about me. Come on Jae” she said in one breath then sighed and dragged Jaehyun back to her room.

 

   “Is that T-Taehyeon in a hospital gown in a hospital?”

   The others were shock to see Taehyeon arrived and left for a short moment. J-Hope didn’t know what to answer, just before he opened his mouth, the door opened. The boys turned their head to the doctor,

   “So is he okay Dr.Jung?” their manager asked the doctor.

   “He’s okay, he just need some rest then he’s ready to go” he assures them and all of them felt relief.

   Then Jungkook was bought to one of the room but before all of them went to search for the room, the doctor called J-Hope

 

   “Are you J-Hope, Jung Hoseok?” he asked and J-Hope answered yes.

   “I know Taehyeon is already awake, but please protect her, she’s in big danger if you don’t...” Dr.Jung looked at him with a worried face and left without giving J-Hope a chance to talk.

   “What?”

 

   Back in Taehyeon room, Jaehyun sat in silence while she ate her dinner, “Aren’t you going back? You said you go back before sunset and now it’s almost night time”.

   “Huh? Right…” he stood up,

    “Are you going to be alright?” he stood beside her bed after taking his bag,

    “Dr.Jung told you that I need some rest for awhile, so I will plus I have Hyeojung to accompany me later”

    Taehyeon smiled. Jaehyun clutched his bag strap and said goodbye to her, promised to visit her the next day.

 

   After few seconds Jaehyun left, someone came in,

   “Taehyeon…” Taehyeon looked up.

   “Yes, Taekwon?”

 

***

 

   “Ugh…” Jungkook groaned as the bright light from the ceiling burns his eyes. After adjusting to the light, he looked around to see his all hyungs including the managers looking at him.

   “Umm…Why am I here?” he asked since he already knew he’s in the hospital by the equipment beside him.

   “You fainted awhile ago…so we bring you here” one of them said.

   “So can you guys tell me why Jungkook fainted?”

   The manager asked all of them and they kept silent. “I just overworked yesterday and didn’t have enough rest, that’s all” the youngest hang his head low and the managers can only sigh.

    “So what do you guys want to eat for dinner before we head back to the dorm?” the members looked up in happy mood and started to brambled on what food they want to eat.

 

   Once the food arrived, they jump into the food. All of them ate deliciously until Jungkook remembered something. He saw his phone on the table and took it, scrolling through his messages,

    “Guys! Taehyeon read my messages” he exclaimed so happily that he could get off the bed.

   “Who’s Taehyeon, Jungkook?” one of the managers asked. Jungkook literally forgot that his manager didn't know he has a relationship with another person outside of the industry, which the manager should know about.

   “Umm…she’s you know…my brother’s girlfriend little sister. She’s…a childhood friend of mine” he laughed nervously.

 

***

 

    Taehyeon was drawing something in her sketch pad until there was a knock at her door. She quickly put her things in her bag and shouted for the visitor to come in.

   “Hoseok-ah…hello” she said when J-Hope went inside. He sat at the plastic chair beside her bed,

   “About Jungkook, he i-”

   “I know” she cuts, “Tell him to rest and don’t worry about me, tell him I just lost my phone and just found it just now. I’m sure he will be fooled” J-Hope looked at her in astonished,

    “You really good in lying you know, like old times”

    “What can I say, I act the best in our family” she smiled and punched him lightly.

 

   “So how’s your head and where did Jaehyun boy go?” J-Hope asked.

   Taehyeon still have some bandage on her head but it doesn’t hurt that much, “Jaehyun went back to his sister and my head is fine thank you very much”.

   “Owh…” the room was in complete silence.

 

   J-Hope didn’t know what to say, so he looked at her face. Then he found something unusual,

   “T-Taehyeon, why do your eyes looks…different?” Taehyeon gave him a questioned look. She searched for something to reflect on and there she saw a pair of grey eyes looking at her,

   “I never thought this came again…”

   “So it happened before? Your eyes?” J-Hope asked in a confused voice because he, of course, is very confused with his little sister.

 

   “Yeah, twice. First was back when Taegi oppa saw me after I practiced running for hours. Then the incident happened again after I got beaten by some boys in elementary school, and again, Taegi oppa found me first…” she sighed as the thought of her favourite brother come to her mind. Taegi was always beside her.

   “Why haven’t you both told us? Maybe dad know why” J-Hope leaned back to think what cause her eyes.

   “Taegi oppa knew me well...plus he had a theory though…” J-hope sat up straight

   “He thought that my eyes will change if I’m really tired and unable to use my powers fully. Like what happened after I practiced running, I fainted and was sick for two days”

 

***

 

   “Hyung…” J-Hope felt someone tugging his sleeves and looked beside him,

   “What’s wrong V?” Both of them sat at the furthest back of the van with Jimin, and all of the members were sleeping except for two of them, 

   “Where did you go earlier?” V looked up, “You were away for a long time” he said with a drowsy voice while his eyes was fluttering to shut.

   “Didn’t I say I went to the toilet?” he his phone.

   “So you didn’t go to see Taehyeon?” he stopped taping on his phone. V looked at his phone, there shown an old picture of two young girls and one young boy in a picture.

   “V, just go to sleep” V hummed and went to dreamland.

   J-Hope didn’t know why he clicked on the photo, his fingers were moving by its own. A tear slipped out his eye. 

   

   'Will I ever meet you again?'